Fear in America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CroftAlice
https://www.axios.com/fear-america-3920fff9-fe8b-49c4-a452-ee9442f456a9.html

SquallX

eThneoLgrRnae
Yes, total BS.

No actual immigrants are in any real danger of being deported. We love legitimate immigrants. People who enter our country illegally are not immigrants. They're illegal aliens.

Surtur
Originally posted by CroftAlice
https://www.axios.com/fear-america-3920fff9-fe8b-49c4-a452-ee9442f456a9.html

TIL: Propaganda by the media has caused latinos to fear for their lives...thinking a white supremacist is hiding behind every corner waiting to get them.

Wonder Man
Because President Trump is about to play his Trump card and hire all Sumo wrestlers as Immagration officers on the border.

cdtm
Brought to you from the party that told minority members "Who cares about your feelings?"

Surtur
Democrats care about minorities. Sure it's only every 4 years, but it's better than nothing...amirite?!

Wonder Man
It's not really a fear in America though.
To be honest. It's more like the rest of the world fearing they will miss out on our sex lives.

cdtm
That's why we send Epsteins to invite them into the club.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by cdtm
That's why we send Epsteins to invite them into the club.

What an unfunny stupid joke.

cdtm
Baby Broly in the room people, keep it clean!

You'll understand our "adult humor" long after you grow out of your big boy underroos. thumb up

BrolyBlack
Baby Broly in the room people, keep it clean!

You'll understand our "adult humor" long after you grow out of your big boy underroos. thumb up

Whatever you say, Naziboythumb up

cdtm
Trying to be edgy like his pre-teen peers, isn't he precious. laughing out loud

BrolyBlack
Trying to be edgy like his pre-teen peers, isn't he precious. laughing out loud

Whatever you say, Naziboysmile

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
TIL: Propaganda by the media has caused latinos to fear for their lives...thinking a white supremacist is hiding behind every corner waiting to get them.

Legit US Citizens are detained.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Legit US Citizens are detained.

I assume you mean they are detained by ICE. Awful, but they aren't talking about being afraid of being detained by ICE. They are talking about being afraid of being shot by a white supremacist.

I would guess that latino's have a higher chance of getting shot by another latino and not a white supremacist.

eThneoLgrRnae
I assume you mean they are detained by ICE. Awful, but they aren't talking about being afraid of being detained by ICE. They are talking about being afraid of being shot by a white supremacist.

I would guess that latino's have a higher chance of getting shot by another latino and not a white supremacist.

All of the actual, legitimate white supremacists in this country probably wouldn't even fill a high school football stadium lol.

Course if you ask a snowflake leftist they'd probably tell you that half the country is "racist" (the half that voted for Trump).

Wonder Man
Well if the mexican nation is Ideological then they want community living.
I think America can benifit from a little more of that in the country.
The way I see it is that I live on a beach and I would rather they knock down all the beach houses and put up condominums.
When you get your condo in America I think someday we will thank mexicans for helping in the country. Legal or illigal there isn't an argument for power struggles in our country.

jaden_2.0

That's true. It's also true that the average American is far more likely to be shot by another average American as opposed to an Islamic extremist terrorist. Who do you think the average American is more fearful of being shot by? In an average year people are more likely to be struck by lightning than killed in an Islamic terror attack. People don't tend to live in fear of that either.

Fear doesn't really care much about logic or statistics.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
That's true. It's also true that the average American is far more likely to be shot by another average American as opposed to an Islamic extremist terrorist. Who do you think the average American is more fearful of being shot by? In an average year people are more likely to be struck by lightning than killed in an Islamic terror attack. People don't tend to live in fear of that either.

Fear doesn't really care much about logic or statistics. thumb up

Surtur

It's why the propaganda about white supremacists being pushed is wrong.

Nobody listens to Trumps words and thinks "there is a white supremacist behind every corner out to get me!" Nobody. That comes from our darling media. Who don't seem to care what impact their constant rhetoric about white supremacy is having.

samhain

An Islamic extremist likely wouldn't shoot you at all, but I digress, is this still a legitimate fear in the US? Can't say I think at all about a terror attack TBH, I treat it the way I do lightning.

Putinbot1
The Americans are worriers, 9/11 understandably affected them a lot.

Surtur
Most normal Americans aren't worried about terrorist attacks and after 9/11 most of the worriers would have only worried for a short period of time.

It was the government that stoked unnecessary fears afterwards by telling us dictators had WMD's, etc.

Putinbot1
Most normal Americans aren't worried about terrorist attacks and after 9/11 most of the worriers would have only worried for a short period of time.

It was the government that stoked unnecessary fears afterwards by telling us dictators had WMD's, etc. not untrue, I'd actually go further and say the far right, neocons and neoliberals did this globally.

Surtur
And now we have the far left stoking fears about white supremacy.

cdtm
Originally posted by Putinbot1
not untrue, I'd actually go further and say the far right, neocons and neoliberals did this globally.

Got an innocent man killed. They ever find those WMD's?

By innocent, I mean relative to government officials:

Saddam's crimes against humanity. Saddam was sentenced to death after being found guilty of crimes against humanity for his role in the 1982 slaughter of 148 Shia villagers in Dujail following an attempt on his life.

I can think of a lot of people who deserve to be hanged, who have much higher body counts directly or indirectly.

Wonder Man
God said talk about the good news.
So something good about white people is that they tend to help others.
If I had something to share with black people is that instead of saying lets pray about things as the only response they should involve themselves by helping others physically.

Surtur
Originally posted by Wonder Man

Okay: Trump is the president of the United States of America.

Wonder Man
Vote for Spider-man

eThneoLgrRnae
It's why the propaganda about white supremacists being pushed is wrong.

Nobody listens to Trumps words and thinks "there is a white supremacist behind every corner out to get me!" Nobody. That comes from our darling media. Who don't seem to care what impact their constant rhetoric about white supremacy is having.

thumb up

Spot on.

eThneoLgrRnae
Okay: Trump is the president of the United States of America.

laughing out loud

Yep, anytime I need to be cheered-up (which honestly isn't all that often; in good spirits most of the time), just reminding myself Trump is president and that psycho b*tch Hillary ain't does it every single time. thumb up

Not sure if that cheers me up though quite as much as thinking about all the Trump-hating snowflakes on the left who are constantly outraged over it and delusionally think he's literally Hitler reincarnated. laughing out loud

Putinbot1
And now we have the far left stoking fears about white supremacy. oh... they kill a lot more people. Year on year...

Surtur
oh... they kill a lot more people. Year on year...

Doesn't change the facts: it is the far left stoking fears about white supremacy.

Even if you want to say they kill more often than any other ideology...considering we have over 330 million people in this country and we had less than 60 people killed last year by white supremacists...it's not a valid fear to stoke.

jaden_2.0

It was the government that stoked unnecessary fears afterwards by telling us dictators had WMD's, etc.

It's just been a very short period of time since someone deliberately targeted Mexicans in a terrorist attack so I don't think them currently being fearful of attacks is all that unreasonable at the minute.

Pretty sure I remember the same "stoking" of fears after each Islamic extremist attack. But from the right.

Putinbot1
Doesn't change the facts: it is the far left stoking fears about white supremacy.

Even if you want to say they kill more often than any other ideology...considering we have over 330 million people in this country and we had less than 60 people killed last year by white supremacists...it's not a valid fear to stoke. You see, the counter propaganda they aren't a problem will just lead to more poor behaviour from people like the Proud Boys.

Surtur
You see, the counter propaganda they aren't a problem will just lead to more poor behaviour from people like the Proud Boys.

Could say the same about Antifa.

Surtur
It's just been a very short period of time since someone deliberately targeted Mexicans in a terrorist attack so I don't think them currently being fearful of attacks is all that unreasonable at the minute.

This doesn't mean the left needs to add to those fears.

Yep both sides unnecessarily stoke fears. It's awful.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by samhain
An Islamic extremist likely wouldn't shoot you at all.

Odd statement given San Bernardino, Orlando and Fort Hood.

samhain
Odd statement given San Bernardino, Orlando and Fort Hood.

It's not the traditional weapon of choice for extremists is what I was getting at. Although if it's not more difficult to make a bomb-vest today than it was 20 years ago then some people aren't really doing their job.

Wonder Man
The fear of giveing a penny to the poor.
Now forgive your neighbor.

Putinbot1
The fear of giveing a penny to the poor.
Now forgive your neighbor. giving.

Wonder Man
that mythical penny.
Penny for your thoughts.

cdtm
that mythical penny.
Penny for your thoughts.

Broly should owe YOU money.

BrolyBlack
Broly should owe YOU money.

I live rent free in your head stick out tongue

shiv
So something good about white people is that they tend to help others.
If I had something to share with black people is that instead of saying lets pray about things as the only response they should involve themselves by helping others physically.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/stormzy-pay-more-black-students-16766578

Putinbot1
Stormzy is a top man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.