The Matrix: Resurrections

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
As a pretty big fan of the original Trilogy this is a bit baffling.

There was some mention of this off and on over the past few years, but I thought it was all just hot air in the end. But apparently not?

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2478388/the-matrix-4-is-happening-with-keanu-reeves

Ridley_Prime
Hah, was just about to make a thread on it.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss-lana-wachowski-1203307955/

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I've put off making a thread because I assumed it was all just rumor and click bait, but I'm hearing more and more about it.

I guess the Wachowskis have failed too hard to spark other franchises, so despite flat refusing anymore Matrix films in the past they are returning to it after all.

Darth Thor
That actually is surprising.

But I guess the Keanu resurgence had a huge part to play.

quanchi112
Great news. Love the matrix.

Patient_Leech
I hope it's not The Matrix: Rebooted and a total rehash of Matrix 1. That would be truly sellout territory.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Darth Thor
That actually is surprising.

But I guess the Keanu resurgence had a huge part to play.

Definitely.

Josh_Alexander
Amazing news. Hope to see Agent Smith back. A good hero needs a good villain.

Ridley_Prime
"No one's ever really gone."

You then hear the Smith laughter right at the end of the trailer! The same laughter he made right after absorbing the Oracle.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
"No one's ever really gone."

You then hear the Smith laughter right at the end of the trailer! The same laughter he made right after absorbing the Oracle.

Let's hope they bring the same actor.

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
Great news. Love the matrix.

Digital Neo?

Dead, but somehow copied to the grid? And then maybe resurrected like Agent Smith appeared in the real world?

quanchi112
Originally posted by cdtm
Digital Neo?

Dead, but somehow copied to the grid? And then maybe resurrected like Agent Smith appeared in the real world? Do not try conversing with me. I love this franchise but I despise everything about you. Neo come back to me.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do not try conversing with me. I love this franchise but I despise everything about you. Neo come back to me.

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

He always tries to make you be his friend laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
loved the first, while both sequels were shit

Dr Will Hatch
The first Matrix is one of my all time favorite movies. I despised the sequels, nevertheless this has me hyped.

Robtard
Feel the same, the first film was good, something overall new and exciting, the scene where Neo learns the reality of what human existence is for himself and the rest was so good the first time seeing it.

The sequels had entertainment value, but were not on par story wise.

So not very hyped over this, but I'll wait for more info and go from there.

cdtm
Originally posted by Robtard
Feel the same, the first film was good, something overall new and exciting, the scene where Neo learns the reality of what human existence is for himself and the rest was so good the first time seeing it.

And gave us some pretty good tie in animations, like the one about the runner who woke up in his tank.

Khazra Reborn
The Wachowski Bros kinda suck, barring the first Matrix they've barely made anything watchable, let alone good. The first one was probably pure luck.

Eon Blue

Patient_Leech

So not very hyped over this, but I'll wait for more info and go from there. Originally posted by cdtm
And gave us some pretty good tie in animations, like the one about the runner who woke up in his tank.

The animated prequels Second Renaissance Parts 1 and 2 are the best animated ones. They were written by the Wachowskis I believe. Also the one that bridged the cap between Reloaded and Revolutions is cool. Matriculated is also very good, done by Peter Chung.

I'm just baffled by this announcement because Neo and Trinity both died. Why cast them again unless you're going to do flashback stuff? I can see picking up where that story left off... but including them just seems like an act of desperation.

Badabing
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
loved the first, while both sequels were shit Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
The first Matrix is one of my all time favorite movies. I despised the sequels, nevertheless this has me hyped. Originally posted by Robtard

So not very hyped over this, but I'll wait for more info and go from there. I pretend the 3rd Matrix was never made. Ignorance is bliss.

Looking forward to seeing what the 4th Matrix will/can bring. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I hope Quan never sees the 4th Matrix. thumb up

cdtm
The 4th Matrix hopes it doesn't see Quan.

Sith Master X
2 & 3 aren't as bad as they are made out to be. At the time "Reloaded" was released many people hailed it as "better than the 1st." The whole sequels suck thing only happened as time went on and because people thought Revolutions wasn't up to par, so I think that dragged Reloaded down a bit because both 2 & 3 are really meant to be one long movie.

Either way, I would welcome a 4th Matrix movie any day. My only request are that they get Fishburn and Weaving back as well as Don Davis to write the score. This is a movie that I want to watch and feel like I've gone back in time.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Sith Master X
2 & 3 aren't as bad as they are made out to be. At the time "Reloaded" was released many people hailed it as "better than the 1st." The whole sequels suck thing only happened as time went on and because people thought Revolutions wasn't up to par, so I think that dragged Reloaded down a bit because both 2 & 3 are really meant to be one long movie.

Either way, I would welcome a 4th Matrix movie any day. My only request are that they get Fishburn and Weaving back as well as Don Davis to write the score. This is a movie that I want to watch and feel like I've gone back in time.

The sequels were largely misunderstood, so this meme of "the sequels sucked" was just an easy way for people to cope and show their lack of nuance. I took a college course on the Matrix films. I'm not saying the sequels are perfect in every way (they definitely have some flaws), but it's worth looking past because when you view the story arch as a whole it's actually kind of impressive and mindbending.

One of the great character archs is Morpheus. His blind faith in "The One" turned out to be just another system of control and he was crushed to realize it and forced to abandon his dogma.

The Matrix: How have other 'fourth' films fared?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Badabing
I pretend the 3rd Matrix was never made. Ignorance is bliss.

Looking forward to seeing what the 4th Matrix will/can bring. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I hope Quan never sees the 4th Matrix. thumb up

Quan will lol

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Sith Master X

I remember I was one of the "Reloaded was better than the original" when I saw it for the first time.

I for sure welcome another Matrix film. If the Wachowskis from the original trilogy and V for Vendetta show up, it'll be great. If Jupiter Ascending Wachowskis show up...ehhh..

dadudemon
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
As a pretty big fan of the original Trilogy this is a bit baffling.

There was some mention of this off and on over the past few years, but I thought it was all just hot air in the end. But apparently not?

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2478388/the-matrix-4-is-happening-with-keanu-reeves

Big fan of the Trilogy, as well. I think this will be good. There's plenty of lore there to write a 4th film.

Also, Lana is still at the helm. Still a Wachowski. I hope she doesn't do what she did with Sense8 and makes it a gushing movie about SJW stuff. Sense8 had such a good setup and premise but they just couldn't help themselves with the SJW stuff.

Surtur
Yeah see I can't trust these people after Jupiter Ascending. I'm sorry. I think that movie reflects who these directors are now and this shit is going to be bad. Sure the 3rd Matrix film was bad too, but you could recover from it.

Now though...no

Ridley_Prime
Figured someone would bring it up, but no way do I see this being another Jupiter Ascending. lol

Surtur
I wish the film did not exist so that I could not bring it up.

Kazenji
The sequels were largely misunderstood, so this meme of "the sequels sucked" was just an easy way for people to cope and show their lack of nuance. I took a college course on the Matrix films. I'm not saying the sequels are perfect in every way (they definitely have some flaws), but it's worth looking past because when you view the story arch as a whole it's actually kind of impressive and mindbending.

One of the great character archs is Morpheus. His blind faith in "The One" turned out to be just another system of control and he was crushed to realize it and forced to abandon his dogma.

The Matrix: How have other 'fourth' films fared?

Also watching the Animatrix helps to understand the 2nd movie too

quanchi112
Originally posted by cdtm
The 4th Matrix hopes it doesn't see Quan. Seeing it with your mother.

quanchi112
Quan will lol Love this franchise.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah see I can't trust these people after Jupiter Ascending. I'm sorry. I think that movie reflects who these directors are now and this shit is going to be bad. Sure the 3rd Matrix film was bad too, but you could recover from it.

Now though...no

It's a testament to how terrible that script was that even an actor as talented as Eddie Redmayne looked like a fool in it.

Myth
Sounds like a bad idea, but I'd be lying if I'm not going to be there on opening day. The sequels already sucked and yet the original remains a classic, so I doubt one more would truly ruin the original. I'm not expecting better than the original, though I do hope it is better than the sequels.

Trocity
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The Wachowski Bros kinda suck, barring the first Matrix they've barely made anything watchable, let alone good. The first one was probably pure luck.

They are sisters, you insensitive bigot.

You seriously think you can just get away with misgendering people? Unbelievable.

Oliver Brown
It's an amazing news for us to know that Keanu Reeves is going to play the Neo again.

ShadowFyre
I wish they would do a movie off of the original war from the Animatrix

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I wish they would do a movie off of the original war from the Animatrix

I agree, but they've already sort of done it. But yeah, they could create some characters living through the events. Could be very fascinating watching the machines experimenting on humans.

But again, SPOILERS Neo and Trinity DIED. They're dead. How the f#ck do you resurrect them without insulting the original trilogy??

ShadowFyre
It was all just another matrix? Oooooo

Patient_Leech
It was all just another matrix? Oooooo

no expression I said without insulting the original trilogy. cool

ShadowFyre
Lol. I hope that's not what they do.

Patient_Leech
I can see with Neo still being jacked into the Matrix through the Machine City maybe the machines do some reloading and resurrect Neo somehow out of reverence. But then Keanu Reeves is still 20 years older, so how do you account for that (though he has aged pretty well)? And how you resurrect Trinity, that seems much more difficult unless just through flashbacks, visions, saved Matrix avatar, etc.

This is all very baffling, so it will be interesting to see what they do, to say the least.

Kazenji
The Matrix comics to be collected in a single hardcover!

https://www.superherohype.com/comics/465591-the-matrix-comics-will-be-reprinted-in-a-20th-anniversary-collection?fbclid=IwAR1DmbXSpqKIS--ojVhwWuFqm28wpbbsVsNqYoMXaWZllchiqlbrmRJJxaA

didn't even knew that there were Matrix comics.

Patient_Leech
^ I had totally forgotten about the comics. I never read them.

Some of these I knew about, others I didn't. Fun watch...

oB8jeUKAAo8

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Kazenji
didn't even knew that there were Matrix comics.

Neither did I.

Esau Cairn
I'm not personally interested in another Matrix, especially after falling asleep through the last one.

But the hype is real...some cinemas here are re-screening all 3 movies.

Patient_Leech
IT BEARS REPEATING:

How the fu#k do you resurrect both Neo and Trinity for a 4th film??!

Mindship
You don't resurrect them. You do what the Star Wars, Marvel, and James Bond franchises are doing: you gender/race switch them into *new, improved* versions of what they represent.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Mindship
You don't resurrect them. You do what the Star Wars, Marvel, and James Bond franchises are doing: you gender/race switch them into *new, improved* versions of what they represent.

Black androgynous bi-curious Neo and Trinity. smile thumb up

But this time Trinity is the Chosen One.

And the movie flops. eek!

Patient_Leech
But in all seriousness.

Kazenji
IT BEARS REPEATING:

How the fu#k do you resurrect both Neo and Trinity for a 4th film??!

Well they already did with Neo, Don't you remember the Architect from the 2nd movie going on about the other versions that have tried.

Patient_Leech
Well they already did with Neo, Don't you remember the Architect from the 2nd movie going on about the other versions that have tried.

Yeah, but my assumption was that the previous versions didn't look like Keanu Reeves. They were just the same (or similar) program loaded into other "Ones." But yeah, bringing back Keanu is somewhat simple enough. But Trinity??! SHE DEAD.

Myth
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

The Wachowskis made Bound. That was good. At least the 2nd half.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, Bound is great.

The way I remember it, they made that film for like $5 million just to prove that they could make a movie before the studio would give them $65 million (or so) to make The Matrix.

Patient_Leech
Also they adapted the script for V For Vendetta, which is great.

And in the defense of Jupiter Ascending, it featured some nice worldbuilding, but it definitely is for dedicated sci-fi fans only, so it was doomed to fail from the get-go. I appreciated it more after watching some of the special features and behind the scenes stuff. Plus it has some great visuals. I still enjoy it. But yeah, the Wachowskis are apparently skilled at casting mediocre lead actors/actresses (Mila Kunis is not good and of course Keanu Reeves isn't known for his acting range), heh... and Eddie Redmayne is cringe-worthy in it, but it's over the top and part of the cheesy charm in a way.. heh.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mindship

You joke but this is what the Wachowskis are doing these days.

They turned Sense8, which had an amazing premise, into nothing but a cringey social justice warrior preachy movie. It felt every bit as terrible as those Christian family preachy movies. I couldn't even make it all the way through season 2. Just gave up. And I'm obsessed with completing stories I started.

So, yeah, they will probably get preachy and through in some diversity bullshit into the new Matrix movie.

Regardless...I love the Wachowskis for bringing me the Matrix Trilogy. Still in my top 25 movie list.

dadudemon
Also they adapted the script for V For Vendetta, which is great.

And in the defense of Jupiter Ascending, it featured some nice worldbuilding, but it definitely is for dedicated sci-fi fans only, so it was doomed to fail from the get-go. I appreciated it more after watching some of the special features and behind the scenes stuff. Plus it has some great visuals. I still enjoy it. But yeah, the Wachowskis are apparently skilled at casting mediocre lead actors/actresses (Mila Kunis is not good and of course Keanu Reeves isn't known for his acting range), heh... and Eddie Redmayne is cringe-worthy in it, but it's over the top and part of the cheesy charm in a way.. heh.

I liked the movie and I don't know why people hate it. All the things people complain about, I liked and didn't find them to be problems.

Putinbot1

So not very hyped over this, but I'll wait for more info and go from there. Me three

dadudemon

Most people hold this opinion but I think Revolutions was the best with The Matrix second and Reloaded as 3. But I loved all 3.

The best story was in Reloaded. A genuine mind f*ck didn't really hit until the second one when The Architect reveals that The One is a recurring theme for Zion. The "souls in a simulation" thing had been done already and in many ways. The "humans as food" story trope is older than cinema.

Mindship
Originally posted by dadudemon
Regardless...I love the Wachowskis for bringing me the Matrix Trilogy. Still in my top 25 movie list. It's a great trilogy. Reloaded and Revolutions has some of the best fight/battle scenes in all cinema (at least as good as the Battle of Hoth), though for visual novelty and philosophical considerations, I've always been partial to the first film.

"Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?"
-- Morpheus

Being a life-long lucid dreamer, I love that line.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by dadudemon
Most people hold this opinion but I think Revolutions was the best with The Matrix second and Reloaded as 3. But I loved all 3.

The best story was in Reloaded. A genuine mind f*ck didn't really hit until the second one when The Architect reveals that The One is a recurring theme for Zion. The "souls in a simulation" thing had been done already and in many ways. The "humans as food" story trope is older than cinema.

Yeah, the Trilogy of films as a whole are grossly underappreciated and misunderstood. The story arch is awesome.

Kazenji
Neil Patrick Harris to be in the 4th movie

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/neil-patrick-harris-to-head-down-the-rabbit-hole-for-the-matrix-4

riv6672
Neil Patrick Harris to be in the 4th movie

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/neil-patrick-harris-to-head-down-the-rabbit-hole-for-the-matrix-4
You just made my day. Ty!

Patient_Leech
Yeah, and apparently Yahya Abdul-Mateen II from Aquaman has been cast as well.

I'm still so curious what is going on with this sequel... just hope it doesn't ruin the series..

Kazenji
Jada Pinkett is in talks to return

https://deadline.com/2019/10/matrix-4-jada-pinkett-smith-in-talks-to-return-1202761135/

CaveDude33211
Watch it be a reboot. laughing laughing laughing

And Neil Patrick Harris is the guy who gets killed while shooting agents with dual machineguns:

XfEuxRDYiyc

Ridley_Prime
confused Well when you still got Keanu and Carrie on board, wouldn't be the worst reboot, but would also be pointless. I doubt that's what it is though.

CaveDude33211
confused Well when you still got Keanu and Carrie on board, wouldn't be the worst reboot, but would also be pointless. I doubt that's what it is though.

I really hope it is. laughing laughing laughing

That would be fvcking funny. laughing laughing laughing

riv6672

Ridley_Prime
The fight scenes are pretty much the only thing that still hold up with the sequels; are at least fun.

Darth Thor
I liked the second. I feel its rep was pulled down by the third being a 2 part cliffhanger and all.

carthage
I would love to see a spin-off of a younger Morpheus

Kazenji
I liked the second. I feel its rep was pulled down by the third being a 2 part cliffhanger and all.

It also helped if you watched the short the Final Flight of the Osiris & also played the game Enter the Matrix before seeing the 2nd movie

but unfortunately not alot of people did that.

Patient_Leech
Release date... 21 May 2021

https://comicbook-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/comicbook.com/movies/amp/2019/12/11/the-matrix-4-release-date-is-the-same-as-john-wick-4/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1& amp;usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww
.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fcomicbook.com%2Fmovies%2F2019%2F12%2F11%2Fthe-matrix-4-release-date-is-the-same-as-john-wick-4%2F

Apparently the same as John Wick 4... Keanu is gonna be a busy man.

Ridley_Prime
https://twitter.com/ign/status/1219741727449395202?s=21

No Smith? Hard to care now when the best part of the trilogy isnt returning, and scheduling conflicts of all things? Ffs.

BruceSkywalker
https://twitter.com/ign/status/1219741727449395202?s=21

No Smith? Hard to care now when the best part of the trilogy isnt returning, and scheduling conflicts of all things? Ffs.

the scheduling conflicts has always been code for the actor/actress not wanting to do a role

Patient_Leech
Booooooo...

John Murdoch
Dang no Hugo Weaving huh? He also didn't return as Red Skull for negotiating reasons with Marvel, though that turned out to be fine with the Vormir Soul Stone stuff and his acting replacement.

However, Smith was undoubtedly the high point in terms of characters in the Matrix trilogy. One of the best silver screen villains in history.

This makes me wonder: who or what will be the new primary antagonist? The relationship between Smith and Neo was the finest written and acted aspect of the Matrix trilogy, regardless of what anyone thinks of the rest of how the overall plot unfolded.

Patient_Leech
^ I mean, if they go with another agent villain I'm sure there's plenty of other actors out there who could pull off something else great.

And since it's the start of a new (potential) trilogy, I'm okay with it being a bit different. I don't like shoehorning old characters into later installments just because they were in previous installments (like Linda Hamilton in Terminator Dark Fate or Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones, etc). It can be awkward and unnecessary, especially when they're so much older. Which is why I'm skeptical about Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss returning. THEY FU#KING DIED!

Ridley_Prime
the scheduling conflicts has always been code for the actor/actress not wanting to do a role
Except Hugo actually is busy, being Elrondin the Amazon LOTR series apparently, so I can understand him not being able to make it back as Smith at the current time, but just delay the movie then if they planned to have him back; is a popular trend with films nowadays.

^ I mean, if they go with another agent villain I'm sure there's plenty of other actors out there who could pull off something else great.

And since it's the start of a new (potential) trilogy, I'm okay with it being a bit different. I don't like shoehorning old characters into later installments just because they were in previous installments (like Linda Hamilton in Terminator Dark Fate or Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones, etc). It can be awkward and unnecessary, especially when they're so much older. Which is why I'm skeptical about Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss returning. THEY FU#KING DIED!
https://i.imgur.com/V1iQzK5.gif

Darth Thor
Oh shit I forgot Trinity died as well. This could get stupid.

Patient_Leech
^ I read a potential explanation for how they could come back the other day, but didn't save the link. Might look for it again at some point. But I think it had something to do with something from one of the video games, Enter The Matrix or something. Basically it sounded like some avatar was just saved digitally and they existed inside the Matrix. Which seems relatively legit, about the only way it could be legit.

Darth Thor
Ah okay.

And yes that would be the only legit way outside of time travel shenanigans, which I dont think anyone wants.

John Murdoch

Oh for sure, don't need Smith returning like Palpatine did in Rise of Skywalker, I'd rather have a fresh take. Just observing that the hero-villain relationship in the original Matrix trilogy is one of the best in film history, so giving Mr. Anderson (or whoever the primary protagonist is) a compelling adversary should again be a top-shelf priority for the Wachowskis.

And FULLY AGREE we don't need a trip down memory lane, Leech. Give us the audience a new look The Matrix universe.

Patient_Leech
^ I agree.

Let's just hope they don't fu#k this up. I would think that they wouldn't return to the Matrix films if they didn't have a pretty good reason for doing so. So I'm maintaining hope that they've got a good premise and some good compelling new action to show off.

I don't want it to look like another generic action sequel like Terminator Dark Fate with new technology. The action in that is just rehash of previous installments and basically an unnecessary sequel.

BruceSkywalker
Except Hugo actually is busy, being Elrondin the Amazon LOTR series apparently, so I can understand him not being able to make it back as Smith at the current time, but just delay the movie then if they planned to have him back; is a popular trend with films nowadays.

he isn't THAT busy.. all actors/actresses can make time and go back and forth between productions, in fact some have

John Murdoch
^ I agree.

Let's just hope they don't fu#k this up. I would think that they wouldn't return to the Matrix films if they didn't have a pretty good reason for doing so. So I'm maintaining hope that they've got a good premise and some good compelling new action to show off.

I don't want it to look like another generic action sequel like Terminator Dark Fate with new technology. The action in that is just rehash of previous installments and basically an unnecessary sequel.

Yes one would think so. Star Wars, Terminator, Jurassic World, Ghostbusters 2016, several franchises have fallen to the thought of "rehash same old stuff for profits from nostalgia" gameplan over the past several years. I don't want The Matrix to fall prey to that same thing.

Kazenji
Seen something the other day, The Merovingian will be returning back for the 4th film.

Patient_Leech
Seen something the other day, The Merovingian will be returning back for the 4th film.

Yeah, I liked him, so I'm cool with it. Seems his character could be explored a bit more and be interesting.

I want to see more of the Machine City. I think that shit was really cool.

Patient_Leech
1AloHDWEmjg

BruceSkywalker
1AloHDWEmjg

maybe she's the villain lol

Patient_Leech
maybe she's the villain lol

Probably a similar role to Persephone played by Monica Bellucci. That's my guess.

Esau Cairn
Probably a similar role to Persephone played by Monica Bellucci. That's my guess.

I'm kinda guessing that the whole notion of Matrix 4 was to get the "whole gang" back together again...the script heavily relying on Weaving to reprise his role as Agent Smith.

Now that Weaving can't join, we'll be getting Script B, a very sub-par plot that's been hastily written once Weaving announced he couldn't commit.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I'm kinda guessing that the whole notion of Matrix 4 was to get the "whole gang" back together again...the script heavily relying on Weaving to reprise his role as Agent Smith.

Now that Weaving can't join, we'll be getting Script B, a very sub-par plot that's been hastily written once Weaving announced he couldn't commit.

Don't say that. Please don't say that. sad

Isn't that what happened with Will Smith and Independence Day 2?

StiltmanFTW
Bump.

Robtard
Almost a year away, honestly, have almost zero excitement for this.

Patient_Leech
I remain cautiously optimistic. Well, maybe cautiously pessimistic. Hm.. heh...

But I liked Cloud Atlas. And Jupiter Ascending, though I admit it has its issues. ha. I appreciate the world they were trying to create, but yes, it definitely comes across as a bit goofy.

Robtard
I will watch it out of curiously since I've seen the first 3 and to support Keanu, cos he's a legit solid good dude.

Darth Thor
Almost a year away, honestly, have almost zero excitement for this.

Yeah same. The Wachowskis (or whatever theyre called now), havent done anything good aside from Matrix and Matrix Reloaded.

Reloaded was bad. And story wise a prequel would probably be better.

But yeah, Keanus great, so theres that.

Patient_Leech
Yeah same. The Wachowskis (or whatever theyre called now), havent done anything good aside from Matrix and Matrix Reloaded.

Reloaded was bad. And story wise a prequel would probably be better.

But yeah, Keanus great, so theres that.

(Ignoring your literally immediate contradiction) Or maybe you meant "Revolutions was bad"?

That's funny because when The Matrix came out people were probably saying the opposite: "The Wachowskis are great, but Keanu is so wooden!"

The Matrix sequels were bound to be misunderstood from the beginning because of course they make for clunky story-telling, but taken as a whole trilogy it's a great story arc.

Patient_Leech
I hope they get to put together another good soundtrack like the first film...

vEc9nXErU-Y

the Reloaded soundtrack had some good songs, but was partly a sell-out with crap like POD and Linkin Park on there. I know they didn't choose those bands because they had to edit their shitty songs when they played during the credits. I think they had full editing control over the film itself, but not the soundtrack.

Darth Thor
(Ignoring your literally immediate contradiction) Or maybe you meant "Revolutions was bad"?

That's funny because when The Matrix came out people were probably saying the opposite: "The Wachowskis are great, but Keanu is so wooden!"

The Matrix sequels were bound to be misunderstood from the beginning because of course they make for clunky story-telling, but taken as a whole trilogy it's a great story arc.

Yeah I meant Revolutions.

I feel that one dented the trilogy to the point a lot of people say only the first one was good. (Middle chapters depend a lot on how it ends).

Thats true about the Irony of Keanu.

Patient_Leech
Keanu has had a very interesting career. I never would have expected him to completely shed his dopey, clueless dude persona (from Bill and Teds) and completely take on the badass, melancholy action star identity. I mean, so much so that he couldn't even really pull off the roll for the Bill and Ted's 3 movie. I really didn't think he worked well in that movie at all. I mean, part of it was bad wardobe choices I think, but he still wasn't convincing for being cluelessly optimistic anymore.

Patient_Leech
Matrix 'Resurrections'?

https://www-engadget-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.engadget.com/amp/matrix-resurrections-name-matrix-4-091250445.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=16120571431140&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.engadget.com%2Fmatrix-resurrections-name-matrix-4-091250445.html

Kazenji
First reaction for the movie

https://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/the-matrix-4-receives-first-reaction

riv6672
^^^interesting.
Good to hear.

Patient_Leech
Please don't suck.. please don't suck...

I'm not particularly excited about a love story... erm I prefer pulpy, cerebral, dark sci-fi

Kazenji
Please don't suck.. please don't suck...

I'm not particularly excited about a love story... erm I prefer pulpy, cerebral, dark sci-fi

Same here, I don't want it to suck. They've had 10+ years to think up something good and hope its not a turd.

Patient_Leech
I mean, the other films always had a love story weaved in to the action and cerebral sci-fi, so I'm assuming the new one will probably be similar.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Mariland
How dare you, you sound just like the Architect did, jealous of the pretty young heroin

laughing out loud

lol bots

Patient_Leech
They're taking their sweet ass time releasing a teaser.

But a vague description of it....

https://collider-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/collider.com/the-matrix-4-trailer-footage-description/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6& amp;usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251
%24s&aoh=16300139160326&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fcollider.com%2Fthe-matrix-4-trailer-footage-description%2F

ShadowFyre
https://youtube.com/watch?v=rIqBnRfNlhk&feature=share

Here is another description from YouTube. I am a little confused, it's not a reboot so I am assuming it is just another program or whatever?

Patient_Leech
https://youtube.com/watch?v=rIqBnRfNlhk&feature=share

Here is another description from YouTube. I am a little confused, it's not a reboot so I am assuming it is just another program or whatever?

Nice, okay, yours is much better, much more in-depth.

Hm.. sounds like it should have been called The Matrix: Re-boot

But we'll see how the trailer actual looks soon enough, I suppose...

jaden_2.0
Here's someone else who saw the trailer talking about it

RNz427j1qXg

ShadowFyre
Nice, okay, yours is much better, much more in-depth.

Hm.. sounds like it should have been called The Matrix: Re-boot

But we'll see how the trailer actual looks soon enough, I suppose...

So remember in 2 or 3 where they talk about there has been multiple incarnations of the matrix? My first presumption is that this is just another one. But that couldn't be right as it would completely negate him having defeated the machines?

ShadowFyre
Jaden's is pretty good as well. I am completely confused

Patient_Leech
One of the comments on the first video sounded pretty legit...

(will try to attach, stand by)

ShadowFyre
That is interesting, but that still completely negates Matrix 3 unless I am missing something

Patient_Leech
I don't think it necessarily negates the other films. We're just not sure how they are resurrected... but that is of course the name of the movie!

If Keanu is in therapy, couldn't it also be called The Matrix Rehabilitations? laughing out loud

Patient_Leech
I'm going to have to decide if I'm going to watch the trailer or not. They always show way too much. I may just watch the first half. 🤔

Y'all don't understand, The Matrix films were my SHIT when I was a kid. I've seen the original films probably 10 times each at least. Possibly much more.

Darth Thor
For this ill need to watch a trailer. Need a visual idea of what theyre going for.

riv6672

playa1258
Trailer this Thursday.

BruceSkywalker
loved the first.. matrix 2 and 3 were garbage.. hopefully this one is worth the wait

Patient_Leech
Of course what hype wouldn't be complete without a teaser for the teaser...

ySBzSEYvLuU

I dunno, the brief glimpses in that look pretty cool, so I may just try to resist watching the full trailer/teasers.

Kazenji
Trust the movie studio's to not give a shit about the international dates

they have it scheduled for 9/9/21 and it already is for most places.

Patient_Leech
Trust the movie studio's to not give a shit about the international dates

they have it scheduled for 9/9/21 and it already is for most places.

What're they supposed to do, announce for every time zone?

Patient_Leech
Well I'm confused, is this it or another teaser for the teaser?

Either way, I think my appetite is wet enough...

VPhUUFXMILU

Kazenji
What're they supposed to do, announce for every time zone?

I don't know how about release the trailer right ****en now.

riv6672
I don't know how about release the trailer right ****en now.
Should be sometime today, right?

Impediment

Patient_Leech

Patient_Leech
For fu#ks sakes, I think this is finally it...

I watched the first 15 seconds and I'm out!!! eek!

9ix7TUGVYIo

carthage

Patient_Leech
^ Same, movies like this are ssoooooo much better when you haven't seen everything on the trailer.

I remember the first time I saw the trucks collide at the end of the freeway chase in Reloaded in the theater and my jaw hit the floor.

...and likewise, the first time I heard the Architect's speech, my head was spinning.. haha..

John Murdoch
Well, No Time to Die is no longer my most anticipated movie of this year. First flick after Endgame that actually has me wanting to go to the biggest theater possible. Most hyped I've been for a flick in quite some time, especially after my personal hiatus from theaters from seeing 1917 in January 2020 to Candyman 2021 just a couple of weeks ago smile

I think it looks fantastic, just wonder what the Wachowskis and crew dreamt up this time and how it will move forward from Revolutions. All three originals are some of my favorite movies, and the hate for the sequels is unfounded IMO. V for Vendetta, which they essentially directed even though Matrix 1st assistant director James McTeigue, is one of the best comic book movies ever made. The original is one of the best movies ever period, and it can be argued that the trilogy - especially number one - had more of an influence on filmmaking than anything released in the past 2-3 decades except perhaps The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Very fond personal memory: both my mom and dad took my brother and I to see The Matrix during its 1999 run (The Mummy, Episode 1, The Iron Giant, Austin Powers 2, The Matrix...what a summer movie season!) and then my dad took just me to see Reloaded in 2003 and my brother and one of his friends to Revolutions half a year later in November 2003. Throughout my life, I can count 5 sci-fi movies off-hand my dad has sat through: Watchmen, Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan, and three Matrix films. My brother and I have a saying, "If it's sci-fi and dad will watch it, it's a classic." Good memories. Hope I get to see number 4 with him.

Estacado
I like it.

Its nice to see that Neo seems more powerful this Time.

I mean he was hyped up in 2 and 3 but the display of his powers were pretty meh...

Impediment
What exactly is the premise part 4?

Are we pretending the Matrix never existed?

Taking blue pills every day to suppress the memory like the anti-dream pills from Freddy vs. Jason or the anti-emotion pills from Equilibrium?

Robtard

BruceSkywalker
trailer looks okay

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, story wise the sequels were meh, but had some of the best fight scenes in the series, so I have something of a soft spot for them. This Resurrections feels like a soft reboot more than anything though. Has the potential to be a return to form, but it'll likely be successful regardless just off the "it's back!" nostalgia.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Impediment

Taking blue pills every day to suppress the memory like the anti-dream pills from Freddy vs. Jason or the anti-emotion pills from Equilibrium? This is a big Bingo!

Darth Thor
^ Same, movies like this are ssoooooo much better when you haven't seen everything on the trailer.

I remember the first time I saw the trucks collide at the end of the freeway chase in Reloaded in the theater and my jaw hit the floor.

...and likewise, the first time I heard the Architect's speech, my head was spinning.. haha..

Trailer really doesnt give anything away.

And honestly I needed the trailer to get me intrigued and excited. As just hearing they are doing another Matrix with Neo didnt quite really do that for me.

ares834
Looks like another semi-sequel/reboot.

Guess it makes sense for the Matrix but still rather disappointing to see.

Bashar Teg
Well I'm confused, is this it or another teaser for the teaser?

Either way, I think my appetite is wet enough...

VPhUUFXMILU

"When it comes to that fantastic note when the rabbit bites his own head off, I want you to throw that f*cking radio into the tub with me."

Impediment
I am Ahab!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment

Taking blue pills every day to suppress the memory like the anti-dream pills from Freddy vs. Jason or the anti-emotion pills from Equilibrium?

no one actually knows.. HOWEVER it looks like a reboot

Bashar Teg
im guessing neo was born again in a later version of the matrix, and it will turn out that the "chosen one" was just neo over and over. boring, simple, predictable, and stupid, so probably true

jaden_2.0
Word is that he's actually much older as shown by his bald reflection in one of the scenes in the trailer. Apparently Mateen's Morpheus is a programme recreation designed to make Neo break free of his control. I'm guessing there is some kind of civil war between the machines and one faction thinks they can use Neo to win.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>