Black Panther 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



carthage
Ryan Coogler is set to return to direct. Release date is May 6th, 2022.

BruceSkywalker
i was gonna do this..

should be a good sequel

Wonder Man
It looks like Black Panther will determine what needs to be cloaked in marvel except with the X-men's blackbird.
Should be a good story.

Oliver Brown
The first part of the Black Panther was amazing and I hope the next one won't disappoint us

Robtard
WTF are they shooting for 2022? Stupid move, imo.

Kazenji
They should make M'baku go bad for the sequel.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
WTF are they shooting for 2022? Stupid move, imo. Sooner?

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sooner?

Yeah. BP came out in 2018. Sequal should be a 2020 or 2021(at most) summer release considering how popular it was and how hard it killed at the box office.

Wonder Man
The Panther...Hollywood and The Scarlet Witch

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah. BP came out in 2018. Sequal should be a 2020 or 2021(at most) summer release considering how popular it was and how hard it killed at the box office.


They might be setting up something in the eternals film which could continue in the black panther sequel, but im just guessing.

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
They might be setting up something in the eternals film which could continue in the black panther sequel, but im just guessing.

Sure, possible.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah. BP came out in 2018. Sequal should be a 2020 or 2021(at most) summer release considering how popular it was and how hard it killed at the box office. Maybe time will tell but he is one of the least interesting characters to me I am just happy we are getting Strange and Thor sequels first.

ShadowFyre
Not gonna lie, I like Black Panther but if he didn't get a trilogy I kinda wouldn't even care.

Surtur
I didn't want to have this discussion in any thread about Chadwick Boseman passing away, so I decided to bump this thread.

Do you guys think Marvel should recast the role of BP? I think that would be wrong.

carthage

KingD19
I was thinking it was only logical to write his death into the film and have the mantle pass to Shuri. She's who takes over for him multiple times in the comics so it only makes sense.

Besides, as the OG Panther, no one can take his place. Its not like Ruffalo taking Hulk over from Norton or Cheadle getting War Machine from Terrence Howard after 1 movie. He was an amazing T'Challa for 4 movies. You cant just recast the guy who embodied the role. Thats like trying to get a new Harry Potter after Goblet of Fire.

Surtur
That is probably the right thing to do. Do not recast.

One day the MCU will be rebooted and there can be another live action movie with T'Challa.

BackFire

KingD19
Shuri would be awesome as a Panther 2.0 of sorts. We already saw T'Challa beginning to open up to the outside world and modernization and outreach, so to see science heavy Shuri pick up the mantle and add her own flair would be amazing.

Galan007
Tbh, I'd rather see Bucky take up the mantle in his "White Wolf" persona, considering how Cap screwed him over by giving Sam the shield. But obviously replacing the MCU's key black hero with a white guy would never happen.

The social/racial uproar that would cause...

Impediment
I hate to be that guy but I don't see a problem in a recasting.

KingD19
Originally posted by Galan007
Tbh, I'd rather see Bucky take up the mantle in his "White Wolf" persona, considering how Cap screwed him over by giving Sam the shield. But obviously replacing the MCU's key black hero with a white guy would never happen.

The social/racial uproar that would cause...


It makes absolutely no sense for that to happen though. Why would Bucky, who only came to Wakanda to get fixed up as penance for T'Challa being a vengeful idiot who only saw red and didn't try to get actual answers at first, and to help out his new buddy Cap, suddenly become the King and protector of the entirety of Wakanda? And "white wolf" isn't a persona, it's just what the Wakandan's(mainly children) who didn't know who he was called him.

And Cap didn't screw Bucky over, as Bucky never wanted the highly publicized and government overseen life of Captain America. He just wanted to be left alone and help his friends if they needed it. Sam was the one who was basically Cap's protege.

Galan007
Originally posted by KingD19
It makes absolutely no sense for that to happen though. Why would Bucky, who only came to Wakanda to get fixed up as penance for T'Challa being a vengeful idiot who only saw red and didn't try to get actual answers at first, and to help out his new buddy Cap, suddenly become the King and protector of the entirety of Wakanda? And "white wolf" isn't a persona, it's just what the Wakandan's(mainly children) who didn't know who he was called him. Bucky's time in Wakanda played a huge part in his reformation into a hero.

And I'm saying "White Wolf" could become his persona, because it was already set up(even T'Challa called him by that.)

Moreover, I'm not suggesting that Bucky becomes the King of Wakanda -- just that he fills the shoes of BP in the sense that he fights for the Wakandans and whatnot. He fills the hero/warrior role, while Shuri fills the King/scientist role.

I know it would never happen that way, though. Shuri *poofing* into the next BP is the obvious choice from Disney's POV.

Originally posted by KingD19
And Cap didn't screw Bucky over, as Bucky never wanted the highly publicized and government overseen life of Captain America. He just wanted to be left alone and help his friends if they needed it. Sam was the one who was basically Cap's protege. You don't have to become the public figurehead that Cap was, to inherit his shield.

Cap giving it to Sam instead of Bucky never sat well with me, but that's neither here nor there.

Insane Titan
They was talk a good few months back about making Shuri the next BP for Disney execs. Pass on that though.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by KingD19
I was thinking it was only logical to write his death into the film and have the mantle pass to Shuri. She's who takes over for him multiple times in the comics so it only makes sense.

Besides, as the OG Panther, no one can take his place. Its not like Ruffalo taking Hulk over from Norton or Cheadle getting War Machine from Terrence Howard after 1 movie. He was an amazing T'Challa for 4 movies. You cant just recast the guy who embodied the role. Thats like trying to get a new Harry Potter after Goblet of Fire.



thumb upthumb up

BrolyBlack

jaden_2.0
Chiwetel Ejifor would've been the logical choice to recast. Same age as Boseman and has real life martial arts ability. But he's already in Dr Strange.

The other possibility would've been Michael B Jordan...oops.

Hopefully they don't recast as we'd probably end up with John Boyega.

KingD19
Mahershala Ali would have been decent as well but he's Blade.

BackFire

Galan007
Oh it 100% won't happen.

Surtur
At the end of the day, given the existence of Shuri, it would be a bizarre move to recast the character.

I could understand if they were in the middle of shooting the sequel, but that isn't the case.

KingD19
Yeah, as the last of the royal family and the canonical replacement for T'Challa, doing anything else just ignores the history of the character.

Surtur

Surtur
In this day and age I am surprised he was able to keep his illness a secret.

BackFire

BrolyBlack

Surtur
We wanna see a lot of Wakanda

NemeBro
Originally posted by Galan007

You don't have to become the public figurehead that Cap was, to inherit his shield.

Cap giving it to Sam instead of Bucky never sat well with me, but that's neither here nor there. Nah, giving it to Sam was the right move.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Impediment
I hate to be that guy but I don't see a problem in a recasting. I'm not opposed to it because otherwise writing around Boseman's death is going to be a hassle and honestly very likely unsatisfying.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Galan007
Oh it 100% won't happen.

Americans don't pay attention to that kinda stuff. Throw some sharpie on their actors pasty face and nobody will even be able to tell

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Impediment
I hate to be that guy but I don't see a problem in a recasting.

Not at all.

Surtur
Originally posted by NemeBro
Nah, giving it to Sam was the right move.

Is Sam gonna start calling himself Captain America?

KingD19
Captain Falcon.

Galan007
Originally posted by NemeBro
Nah, giving it to Sam was the right move. It's probably just because I despise Sam as a character that I had a problem with it. /shrug

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Americans don't pay attention to that kinda stuff. Throw some sharpie on their actors pasty face and nobody will even be able to tell

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
there was a rumor months ago saying michael b jordan might return.. now if that were to happen, i could see it

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
Is Sam gonna start calling himself Captain America?

possibly as Captain America 4 has been rumored

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
It's probably just because I despise Sam as a character that I had a problem with it. /shrug

It would have fit Bucky's arc more, imo.

NemeBro
Couple of racists here tbh

Lestov16
I think that Leonardo DiCaprio should be the next Black Panther.
Lulz Black Panther sux. Just an Afrocentric Mary Sue ripoff of Captain America. Honestly the whole MCU is done, imo. The ONLY MCU MOVIE that I want to see is Dr. Strange 2.

-Pr-
Originally posted by NemeBro
Couple of racists here tbh

I'd say there's more than a couple.

HulkIsHulk

Surtur
Originally posted by NemeBro
Couple of racists here tbh

Where is the racism in this thread?

Surtur
Speaking of racism tho, why couldn't they just do a Falcon movie?

John Murdoch
Originally posted by KingD19
I was thinking it was only logical to write his death into the film and have the mantle pass to Shuri. She's who takes over for him multiple times in the comics so it only makes sense.

Besides, as the OG Panther, no one can take his place. Its not like Ruffalo taking Hulk over from Norton or Cheadle getting War Machine from Terrence Howard after 1 movie. He was an amazing T'Challa for 4 movies. You cant just recast the guy who embodied the role. Thats like trying to get a new Harry Potter after Goblet of Fire.

Agreed with this, Shuri is the obvious route I'd go. Boseman had possibly the greatest single performance in the MCU as T'Challa in Civil War, and he somehow was the best character by far in a movie that had Iron Man fighting Captain America and introduced Spider-Man into the MCU. His portrayal of Black Panther as a revenge-driven anti-hero then a strong, stoic, yet conflicted monarch is a cultural milestone, and I just don't see Feige and co. replacing him.

Have it be Shuri number one option, or another member of the Wakandan royal family or tribes.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Surtur
Speaking of racism tho, why couldn't they just do a Falcon movie?

I imagine they don't think he could carry his own movie.

That and the difficulty selling it to Asia (and China in particular).

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
Speaking of racism tho, why couldn't they just do a Falcon movie?

you'd prolly be the only one who wants it... im glad they've skipped a falcon film and have him as the next cap


Originally posted by -Pr-
I imagine they don't think he could carry his own movie.

That and the difficulty selling it to Asia (and China in particular).


yea its much easier for him to be cap for a potential cap 4

-Pr-
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
you'd prolly be the only one who wants it... im glad they've skipped a falcon film and have him as the next cap





yea its much easier for him to be cap for a potential cap 4

I think its still gonna be a hard sell, but who knows? If they load it up with co-stars, make it more of a team movie, maybe it'll work.

KingD19
Originally posted by -Pr-
I think its still gonna be a hard sell, but who knows? If they load it up with co-stars, make it more of a team movie, maybe it'll work.

That would make the most sense. Cap's closest friends and allies are helping Sam bear the weight of the mantle, while also helping him realize he doesn't have to be Cap's pound for pound replacement, he just has to do the name proud in his own way and that's enough.

-Pr-
Originally posted by KingD19
That would make the most sense. Cap's closest friends and allies are helping Sam bear the weight of the mantle, while also helping him realize he doesn't have to be Cap's pound for pound replacement, he just has to do the name proud in his own way and that's enough.

Yeah, exactly. I am curious to see what they'll do with the series, even if I'm much more interested in WandaVision.

roughrider
With his rising fame due to BlackKklansman and Tenet, I could see them pursuing John David Washington for the role.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
I think its still gonna be a hard sell, but who knows? If they load it up with co-stars, make it more of a team movie, maybe it'll work.


anything is possible...

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
With his rising fame due to BlackKklansman and Tenet, I could see them pursuing John David Washington for the role.

Denzel's son could work if and when they do decide to recast the character.

Robtard
They really have three options here:

A) Recasting and keeping T'Challa
B) Giving the BP mantel to another male character
C) Giving the BP mantel to T'Challa's sister Shuri



C makes the most sense to me.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
They really have three options here:

A) Recasting and keeping T'Challa
B) Giving the BP mantel to another male character
C) Giving the BP mantel to T'Challa's sister Shuri



C makes the most sense to me.


what if winston duke took over or if they brought back michael b jordan

Surtur

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what if winston duke took over or if they brought back michael b jordan


They could work in that due to the herb Killmonger survived being stabbed and just went into a death-like coma and he could be King as he has royal blood, but I'd prefer they didn't, he wasn't very good as a villain, I doubt he'd be a good Black Panther/hero.

I still prefer Shuri becoming the BP.

KingD19
M'Baku couldn't be Panther because he's already the leader of the Jabari Tribe, and is the MCU version of Man-Ape with his own special herb(although they didn't have time to explore that in BP). And Killmonger, while a great villain imo(a good mix of personal and societal reasons for his villainy and amazing presence), wouldn't work as Panther because it would essentially be the same as him taking over like the first time, and even if Wakanda as a whole accepted him, no one would actually want him there.

BruceSkywalker

Surtur
They could be wrong, but it doesn't seem that far fetched.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
M'Baku couldn't be Panther because he's already the leader of the Jabari Tribe, and is the MCU version of Man-Ape with his own special herb(although they didn't have time to explore that in BP). And Killmonger, while a great villain imo(a good mix of personal and societal reasons for his villainy and amazing presence), wouldn't work as Panther because it would essentially be the same as him taking over like the first time, and even if Wakanda as a whole accepted him, no one would actually want him there.

M'Baku could as he already tried to become king in the first film, I just don't see him, both the actor and character in the lead of such a popular franchise.

If they wanted Killmonger, they could work in a redemption arch and people love those. Where he proves to all Wakanda that he's worthy of being its king and protector.

I still think it's going to be Suri, or they'll introduce some knew character and work in a link to the throne.

KingD19
It absolutely needs to be Shuri. As the best way to honor not only Boseman but T'Challa himself is for her to take over as she did in the comics. She's done it when he died and when he considered himself unworthy of the role so shes the only choice to actually make any sense.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
They could be wrong, but it doesn't seem that far fetched.


well you do know that having be the new black panther is what everyone wants, but it is all up to marvel

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by KingD19
It absolutely needs to be Shuri. As the best way to honor not only Boseman but T'Challa himself is for her to take over as she did in the comics. She's done it when he died and when he considered himself unworthy of the role so shes the only choice to actually make any sense.

She's an awful character in the film's though. Zero screen presence. The 2nd most useless character in the big "girl power" scene in Endgame. Only beating out Mantis.

Surtur
She does seem likely the most likely candidate.

Plus they could virtue signal with the whole "we got a female black panther" thing.

BackFire

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur


Plus they could virtue signal with the whole "we got a female black panther" thing.


but folks on here and on youtube will go crazy

HulkIsHulk
You know there could be a compromise. Shuri can be the queen and Killmonger can be Panther. Like T'challa and his dad in Civil War

Kazenji
Originally posted by Surtur
They could be wrong, but it doesn't seem that far fetched.

The thing is that they're always wrong.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
You know there could be a compromise. Shuri can be the queen and Killmonger can be Panther. Like T'challa and his dad in Civil War

i could actually see his happening

Newjak
@Backfire

I think that is going to be the big indicator. Whether or not they they have faith in the Shuri actress to carry the franchise forward.

ShadowFyre
Depends on who wins the election. It might just be Nancy Pelosi in a vibrating kente cloth ?

0mega Spawn

Robtard

0mega Spawn

jaden_2.0
Yeah the whole sending Wakandan sleeper cells all over the world to commit terrorist attacks sure is a non villain thing.

BrolyBlack

Silent Master

0mega Spawn

jaden_2.0
So Thanos wasn't a villain either?

Lestov16
Broly is 1000% correct. They need to just cancel this franchise. This isn't just some lame shit like The Fast and The Furious (well it is, imo, but there are many to whom it is irreplacably beloved and empowering). It really would be due justice to Boseman, the character, and the legacy of both to just end things here.

KingD19
And you don't think it would be even more empowering that his super genius sister follow in his footsteps and make him proud? The first black Marvel female superhero with her own movie and not just a side character role like Valkyrie or Monica Rambeau(kid version)

KingD19

Lestov16
Originally posted by KingD19
And you don't think it would be even more empowering that his super genius sister follow in his footsteps and make him proud? The first black Marvel female superhero with her own movie and not just a side character role like Valkyrie or Monica Rambeau(kid version)

I'm sorry, but quite simply, I don't like Shuri. She was a jerk to Bruce Banner and I just can't forgive it.....

KingD19
Originally posted by Lestov16
I'm sorry, but quite simply, I don't like Shuri. She was a jerk to Bruce Banner and I just can't forgive it.....

You not liking her because she was snarky with Banner(not even really mean) doesn't take away from the fact that she's a strong, African princess who is one of the smartest people in the MCU and would make the Panther legacy proud.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by KingD19
He also planned to wage war on the world for their treatment of blacks. Not just with sleeper cells either. Remember how he was talking about using the energy spears to destroy tanks and all that. . Pretty sure he said the spear was capable of destroying a tank.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
So Thanos wasn't a villain either? Not even remotely comparable. Thanks wanted to cull half the universe. When the stones could functionally create infinite resources...

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Not even remotely comparable. Thanks wanted to cull half the universe. When the stones could functionally create infinite resources...

Wakanda tech could functionally improve the lives of and empower black people around the world without killing non black people.

Lestov16
Originally posted by KingD19
You not liking her because she was snarky with Banner(not even really mean) doesn't take away from the fact that she's a strong, African princess who is one of the smartest people in the MCU and would make the Panther legacy proud.

Put it like this. They can invest hundreds of millions into making that movie, but MY ASS isn't going to be there to see it.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Wakanda tech could functionally improve the lives of and empower black people around the world without killing non black people. . What in the **** are you talking about

0mega Spawn

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
. What in the **** are you talking about

It's not difficult to grasp.

You claimed that the Thanos situation is different because the items he had at his disposal could have allowed him to save everyone by creating infinite resources but he is a villain because he chose instead to kill half the universe so they don't destroy themselves by overpopulation and using up the existing resources.

Killmonger could have used the Wakanda tech he acquired to "empower the disenfranchised" without killing people around the world. He chose to kill people to do it.

Thus he made the exact same moral choice as Thanos. Who you agree is a villain.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
It's not difficult to grasp.

You claimed that the Thanos situation is different because the items he had at his disposal could have allowed him to save everyone by creating infinite resources but he is a villain because he chose instead to kill half the universe so they don't destroy themselves by overpopulation and using up the existing resources.

Killmonger could have used the Wakanda tech he acquired to "empower the disenfranchised" without killing people around the world. He chose to kill people to do it.

Thus he made the exact same moral choice as Thanos. Who you agree is a villain. You must not live on earth. The powers that be are not simply going to allow that. Whereas thanos using magical stones, nothing anyone could do about it.

jaden_2.0
Now you're relying on conjecture and stuff that didn't even happen to support your argument.

They both made the same moral choice. Accept it.

KingD19
Killmonger is absolutely a villain. You can't say any different. He had revolutionary ideals that could have changed the world, but he also wanted to punish that world and a loooooot of innocents. He. Was. A. Villain.

Lestov16
Omega Spawn, not to be blunt, but.......



















Do you support BLM, The Hebrew Israelites, or the NOI?

BackFire

BruceSkywalker

0mega Spawn

0mega Spawn

jaden_2.0
Uwotm8?

BruceSkywalker
Will KMC accept a recast of T'Challa

KingD19
Nobody should. It's not only disrespectful to his legacy, it just doesn't make sense when a canon replacement in Shuri has been there for years already.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Will KMC accept a recast of T'Challa

Dying offscreen sucks. Maybe if he stayed dead after Infinity War.

Being recast sucks, too.

...

No good ideas for this one. Shuri is not good enough to replace her brother in MCU.

jaden_2.0
They recast Banner, Rhodey, Howard Stark, Thanos, Red Skull and Fandral.

They can recast BP

KingD19
All of those were for creative differences, money disputes or scheduling conflicts. Not because someone died.

And none of them had a literal stand in already available.

BackFire

RONAKVALIA
Taking this film always has many big butt because I have always heard about this film.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by KingD19
All of those were for creative differences, money disputes or scheduling conflicts. Not because someone died.


So?!

KingD19
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
So?!

Do I need to spell it out? It's disrespectful to the amazing work Boseman churned out over several years and 4 movies while having cancer the entire time, which showed his dedication to the project and to the character. It's nothing like replacing Norton for Ruffalo because he got too big for his britches and thought he knew better than the producers and directors.

Or replacing Terrance Howard for Don Cheadle because Howard's agent screwed the pooch when it came to salary negotiations. He died wanting to keep playing the character but his time was simply up. But he embodied the character in a way no one else can or ever will, so simply trying to slap the Panther Habit on a different guy immediately after his death is not only f*cked up morally, but the movie(s) itself will suffer from the decision since the fanbase will be extremely upset.

At least if they use Shuri, it's a move everyone saw coming and will be okay with because the character of Shuri has taken over as Panther for T'Challa multiple times and as the last heir to the Wakandan Throne, it only makes sense for her to take over anyway. The Panther has always been the Warrior King of Wakanda, not just some rando wearing the suit and acting as a super powered bodyguard.

The only difference with Shuri is that she'd be the Warrior Queen, and while being potentially slightly less powerful overall as her slender female frame even with the Herb will lead to less of an increase because of biology, she is several times smarter than T'Challa and one of the smartest humans in MCU so she'd more than make up for it in ingenuity and gadgetry.

riv6672

KingD19

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Dying offscreen sucks. Maybe if he stayed dead after Infinity War.

Being recast sucks, too.

...

No good ideas for this one. Shuri is not good enough to replace her brother in MCU.


wholeheartedly i agree

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by KingD19
Do I need to spell it out? It's disrespectful to the amazing work Boseman churned out over several years and 4 movies while having cancer the entire time, which showed his dedication to the project and to the character. It's nothing like replacing Norton for Ruffalo because he got too big for his britches and thought he knew better than the producers and directors.

Or replacing Terrance Howard for Don Cheadle because Howard's agent screwed the pooch when it came to salary negotiations. He died wanting to keep playing the character but his time was simply up. But he embodied the character in a way no one else can or ever will, so simply trying to slap the Panther Habit on a different guy immediately after his death is not only f*cked up morally, but the movie(s) itself will suffer from the decision since the fanbase will be extremely upset.

At least if they use Shuri, it's a move everyone saw coming and will be okay with because the character of Shuri has taken over as Panther for T'Challa multiple times and as the last heir to the Wakandan Throne, it only makes sense for her to take over anyway. The Panther has always been the Warrior King of Wakanda, not just some rando wearing the suit and acting as a super powered bodyguard.

The only difference with Shuri is that she'd be the Warrior Queen, and while being potentially slightly less powerful overall as her slender female frame even with the Herb will lead to less of an increase because of biology, she is several times smarter than T'Challa and one of the smartest humans in MCU so she'd more than make up for it in ingenuity and gadgetry.

Disrespectful would be dumping the character by off screen death and replacing them with possibly the most annoying and 2nd most useless fighter from the Endgame final battle (Mantis being the most useless)

And no one's taking about replacing him NOW.

Build up the MCU with the newly acquired IP. Recast him a few years down the line.

Anyone pretending no one else can play the role is simply engaging in sycophantic hyperbole. His work prior to playing Black Panther is filled with mediocrity. Budget biopics no one cares about, utter trash like Gods of Egypt and bit parts in TV shows. He was never some phenomenal, irreplaceable talent. Pretending otherwise is just nonsense. The same thing happened with Heath Ledger when he died after playing The Joker. Like his back catalogue wasn't filled with utter dog shit and no one could play a better Joker. Then Joaquin Phoenix did.

Yahya Abdul-Mateen ii
John David Washington
Laz Alonso
Chiwetel Ejifor
Michael Jai White

Any of them could step into the role and do it justice without stepping on Boseman's supposed "legacy".

Robtard
"Michael Jai White"

https://media.tenor.com/images/6cc7ed3293779bafa81af66dd5d96d30/tenor.gif

jaden_2.0
wink

Robtard
He's got the look, the build and he's a trained MA, so that would help the fight choreography, but his acting is just honking bad.

jaden_2.0
Don't exactly need Oscar worthy skills to play Black Panther.

BruceSkywalker
feige will sign kevin hart to be new t'challa

jaden_2.0
Or an actual panther.

riv6672
Originally posted by KingD19
That's also true. A lot of people just wanna see a cool movie and don't care about the person at all.
Yeah, I just saw an example of that. stick out tongue

carthage

riv6672
^^^if only Bane had gotten as much closure.

BruceSkywalker

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Disrespectful would be dumping the character by off screen death and replacing them with possibly the most annoying and 2nd most useless fighter from the Endgame final battle (Mantis being the most useless)

And no one's taking about replacing him NOW.

Build up the MCU with the newly acquired IP. Recast him a few years down the line.

Anyone pretending no one else can play the role is simply engaging in sycophantic hyperbole. His work prior to playing Black Panther is filled with mediocrity. Budget biopics no one cares about, utter trash like Gods of Egypt and bit parts in TV shows. He was never some phenomenal, irreplaceable talent. Pretending otherwise is just nonsense. The same thing happened with Heath Ledger when he died after playing The Joker. Like his back catalogue wasn't filled with utter dog shit and no one could play a better Joker. Then Joaquin Phoenix did.

Yahya Abdul-Mateen ii
John David Washington
Laz Alonso
Chiwetel Ejifor
Michael Jai White

Any of them could step into the role and do it justice without stepping on Boseman's supposed "legacy".

****ing thank you thank you thank you. Quit sucking these entertainers dicks like they all had you personally in mind when they jumped into the role

The actor died. Sad. So did millions of others and life must carry on. Either give Shuri a movie based on her finding someone to replace her brother or a canon comic story or just chill and recast. It's gonna be ok

riv6672

BruceSkywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.