Saint of Killers (Comic) Vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drsoe08
Rules:
Morals off
Bloodlust on
No BFR
No Outside Help
CIS/PIS off

Round 1: Base Sentry
Round 2: Void Sentry
Round 3: Death Seed Sentry

Stoic
How fast is SOK? How Durable Is he?

Drsoe08
For some context on SoK
The Saint of Killers is armed with two Walker Colt revolvers that were made from the sword of the Angel of Death, when he took up the latter's role as the reaper. Those guns have special properties: they never misfire, they never run out of bullets, every bullet shot will always prove fatal to their targets and they never miss. Impressive as they are, however, they are not without their limits. The guns specifically cannot harm someone as powerful as God when he is sitting on the Throne of Heaven (i.e. Universal-Class entities with enough power to create/destroy a universe and warp reality), and, if the target has a sufficient level of regenerative capacity, they could survive the wounds inflicted upon them by the bullets (Cassidy survived getting shot. Make no mistake, he was heavily injured, but considering his high level of regeneration it wasn't something he couldn't recover from in the end. However, keep in mind, this is actually a writing mistake, as Garth Ennis confessed in his answer later on to a fan who asked about how Cassidy survived a shot from the colts at the end of a reprint of the issue in which that happens)

The Saint of Killers is invulnerable. No, not simply ridiculously durable, genuinely invulnerable. It hasn't been made clear why, he just became so after he left Hell as the reaper. The man has withstood a hail of bullets, a speeding car, tank shells, a mountain collapsing on top of him, and even a nuclear missile to the face all without so much as a scratch left on him, completely and perfectly unfazed, never even moved him an inch. Now the reason why I say he's invulnerable instead of tough as hell is because his clothes, which have never been noted to have any special properties, are completely unmarred by everything the Saint took from the beginning of the story to its end. Bullets, cars, and tank shells? Not even a tear. A mountain collapsing on him? little bit of dust at worst. A nuclear missile? not even a SINGE. If I had to make a conjecture about why this is so, perhaps when the Saint took up the role of grim reaper he was endowed with mystical invulnerability as part of the job. Now you might be thinking "endowed by who? God? If so, why was he even threatened by the Saint if he could take away his invulnerability?", and that's a good question, it's highly likely that God could only take away the invulnerability (if he himself endows whoever becomes the reaper with it in the first place, that is) whilst on the Throne of Heaven where he regains most of his power, as the Saint have noted that the colts cannot harm God when he's on the Throne, so it's most likely connected to that. Oh, and the Saint has also demonstrated superhuman strength, and draws his colts faster than the eye could track.

LordGod
If Saint couldn't kill a vampire he's not killing Sentry.

Drsoe08
Originally posted by LordGod
If Saint couldn't kill a vampire he's not killing Sentry.

Tho tbf, Garth Ennis admitted that was a mistake on his part, and due in part of the fact he was still conceptualizing what he wanted the Saint of Killers to be.

MrMind
SOK one-shots

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Drsoe08
Tho tbf, Garth Ennis admitted that was a mistake on his part, and due in part of the fact he was still conceptualizing what he wanted the Saint of Killers to be.

Writer interviews are inadmissible here.

Sentry wins.

Impediment

MrMind
SOK puts a bullet into pussytry, then quanchi weeps over pussytry's corpse uncontrollably

SOK killed God and Satan of preacherverse

voidtry gets turned back by a freaking helicarrier, a nuke doesnt even tickle SOK

LordGod
Originally posted by Drsoe08
Tho tbf, Garth Ennis admitted that was a mistake on his part, and due in part of the fact he was still conceptualizing what he wanted the Saint of Killers to be. When and where did Ennis admit this?

Blight
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Writer interviews are inadmissible here.

Sentry wins. While this is correct, so is PIS if I'm not mistaken, which this clearly is a case of. Especially considering the creator literally says it is.

gauntlet o doom
Is Sentry fast enough to disarm SOK? Does SOK have other attacks besides the guns?

NemeBro
Sentry would unironically one-shot him.

meep-meep
Originally posted by MrMind
SOK puts a bullet into pussytry, then quanchi weeps over pussytry's corpse uncontrollably

SOK killed God and Satan of preacherverse

voidtry gets turned back by a freaking helicarrier, a nuke doesnt even tickle SOK

I have an honest question. Was the 'pussytry' even necessary?

On topic SOK obviously

Impediment
The Saint is immortal and invulnerable.

Assuming that Sentry could disarm the Saint, no damage could be dealt to the Saint.

This is a different universe where the Saint literally can travel to Heaven and Hell and kill God and Lucifer.

What is Sentry going to do?

LordGod
But what Saint did in the Preacher-verse doesn't cross into other companies where the powers that be a much more defined.

I don't see him one-shotting Lucifer Morningstar or the Presence for example.

MrMind
We can't just assume the heaven and hell in preacherverse are weak either

SOK has no low feats, Sentry has too many

LordGod
Not saying the Preacher-verse God and Satan are weak. Just saying that their powers are completely undefined.

Satan literally has NO feats apart from getting killed by Saint.

God's best feat would have been creating the Preacher-verse itself. But he would have done that while ON his throne, so it doesn't really matter here because Saint explicitly had to kill him while he was OFF his throne. Preacher-verse God was also terrified of Genesis , so that tells you how fallible he was..... This is aside from the fact that he could be killed by the Angel of Death

Impediment
I call stalemate, to be honest.

Stoic
Sentry can not die. He isn't even real, he's a solidified concept of Bobs imagination.

meep-meep
Originally posted by LordGod
Not saying the Preacher-verse God and Satan are weak. Just saying that their powers are completely undefined.

Satan literally has NO feats apart from getting killed by Saint.

God's best feat would have been creating the Preacher-verse itself. But he would have done that while ON his throne, so it doesn't really matter here because Saint explicitly had to kill him while he was OFF his throne. Preacher-verse God was also terrified of Genesis , so that tells you how fallible he was..... This is aside from the fact that he could be killed by the Angel of Death

That's actually a good point. I just sort of assumed that based on where each stood in their respective reality, that SOK would win. Got me thinking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.