Dragged Across Concrete (2018)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughn. Director S. Craig Zahler, who is turning into one of the new great filmmakers.

Holy shit this was good. I think it might be my favorite of his films so far. Also check out Brawl on Cell Block 99 and Bone Tomahawk if you haven't already.

And f#ck all you assholes for not making a thread for this and recommending it a long time ago. Don't watch the trailer. Just watch the film. It's a gem..

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjE1MTk5NDQ5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODUxNzg0NzM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,648,1000_AL_.jpg

2p5pdWyyZoc

Oliver Brown
In this new, bleak and often unexpectedly grand genre movie (it's essentially a buddy-cop flick, but with operatic ambitions), the thread out of place, both irritably scratching and strangely arresting, is Mel Gibson.

Patient_Leech
I thought this movie was brilliant. Just amazing direction, worthy of Kubrick, Tarantino, or Cronenberg. Same auteur style.

And it has profound racial/social commentary, so the fact that they cast Mel Gibson the way they did gives it even more punch.

I can't recommend this movie highly enough.

jaden_2.0
They make a great pairing, Zahler and Vaughn. Brawl in Cell Block 99 is a hilariously deadpan, brutal movie. Haven't seen this yet but look forward to it.

Myth
Definitely loved this movie. I'm hooked on this director until he proves me wrong.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Myth
Definitely loved this movie. I'm hooked on this director until he proves me wrong.

Same. I think he's clearly one of the best writer/directors to keep an eye on right now.

Oliver Brown
Dragged Across Concrete feels like you're dangling on the end of a meat hook. It's painful and tense and at the same time, a little ridiculous... Even then, it's full of surprises, and riches for those who like it darker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.