Hawkeye (Disney +)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Hailee Steinfeld is in talks to portray Kate Bishop...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hailee-steinfeld-talks-star-marvels-hawkeye-as-kate-bishop-1238380

Surtur
Was there some great need for a Hawkeye tv show?

Were people truly watching all these films and going "the guy with the bow? I'd like to see some more of him"?

riv6672

-Pr-
I'll watch anything with Hawkeye in it; I had heard, though, that it was going to be set during the five years after the snap. I feel like you could do more with it taking place before the first Avengers movie, tbh.

TheVaultDweller
I like Hawkeye and will give this a watch. I mean, yeah, he's not exactly the most powerful character, but I don't really get why he receives so much hate.

Surtur
I don't hate him and it has nothing to do with power, he's just boring.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't hate him and it has nothing to do with power, he's just boring.

Comment wasn't directed at you, personally. But Hawkeye is often the one who gets kicked by people in the media and various websites. And eh, I often personally like the more grounded, less flashy characters. It's one of the reasons I am also a big Daredevil fan. They can sometimes feel a lot more human and relatable than some of the bigger heroes.

But it's possibly going to be a darker show than a lot of the other planned Disney shows if the whole being set in the 5-year Snap period, where he was operating as Ronin, is true.

riv6672

Surtur
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
But it's possibly going to be a darker show than a lot of the other planned Disney shows if the whole being set in the 5-year Snap period, where he was operating as Ronin, is true.

That makes it sound more interesting.

TheVaultDweller
People have been pretty divided on that part, based on what I have seen across different sites, but I want to get some more concrete details first. IIRC, they're looking at Hailee Steinfeld as Kate Bishop.

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
vera farmiga and florence pugh join..

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-hawkeye-enlists-vera-farmiga

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'll watch anything with Hawkeye in it; I had heard, though, that it was going to be set during the five years after the snap. I feel like you could do more with it taking place before the first Avengers movie, tbh.

I wonder if they'll show the point where he makes the decision to get his 1980s power metal band gay haircut.

Surtur
Honestly the 1 thing I would be interested in is a show that focuses on Hawkeye during the time he was killing folk cuz his wife and kids got blinked out of existence. This period is known in history as "The Time Hawkeye Was Interesting".

No I don't wanna see him at a f*cking circus in the past, or whatever gay shit they have. No. I don't even know if this version was in a circus or whatever, but no.

Quincy
Matt Fraction's Hawkeye run was one of the most critically acclaimed series to come out in a long time. With this being based on that, I'm incredibly excited.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Quincy
Matt Fraction's Hawkeye run was one of the most critically acclaimed series to come out in a long time. With this being based on that, I'm incredibly excited.

yes it's based on his run

Superdad76
this might be good i'm looking forward too it

roughrider
I have confidence in most anything Marvel Studios does. They got a better actor for Hawkeye in Jeremy Renner than they really needed, and he's been great in the part. If this really explores those dark years for him after the snap, I'm extra interested.

TheVaultDweller
5VYb3B1ETlk

The initial info made it seem like this would be pretty dark, but it actually looks upbeat and over the top.

Also, Clint's face at 1:40... Just lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.