Oscar race RDJ v Joaquin Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drsoe08
With the Awards Academy finally starting to recognize comic book movies as of recent, who do you believe will get an Oscar nomination between these two great actors? Both Disney and WB are heavily pushing these two for awards this coming awards season.

WolvesofBabylon
Lets be honest here. I love RDJ as Tony Stark but he has 0 chance of getting an Oscar nod.

Surtur
The RDJ thing reminds me of people pushing for Black Panther to get best picture.

RDJ is great as Tony Stark and if there was an award for "best super hero portrayal" he'd get it, but best actor? No way, just like BP didn't deserve Best Picture.

Impediment

Eon Blue

playa1258
Phoenix easily.

Robtard
RDJ is a superb actor and as much as I have loved his portrayal of Stark since the first Iron Man, he doesn't deserve it for End Game.

Haven't seen Joker, so can't comment there. But Phoenix is effing phenomenal in most things; wouldn't be surprised if he outdoes Ledger's performance of the same character, even if the film isn't great.

ShadowFyre
No one from any of the marvel movies deserve an Oscar for any portrayal of any of the characters.

BruceSkywalker
this thread is funny.. i guess folks don't realize that there will be at least 6 people nominated. neither of which could be named robert downey jr or joaquin phoenix. robert downey jr did give a pretty decent performance so he could get nominated however that is be determined by people when they actually start to vote to nominate actors. as for phoenix nobody knows whether or not he will be nominated, after all his film could be good but it could also be that brown stufff that comes out my ass everytime i sit on the toilet.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard

Haven't seen Joker, so can't comment there.

Bingo. We all cant comment on Phoenix Joker yet.

But no way RDJ should get it for Endgame.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.