Peaky Blinders (why no thread)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
Best show of the last few years.

Robtard
Thought there was one. Odd.

Watched S1-4, was good. Though I felt the story quality went down after the first two seasons.

This reminded me that I need to watch season 5, it just finished. Thanks thumb up

Bashar Teg
I forget which season I left off at. Will definitely re-binge this one

Surtur
I discussed season 4 here so there was a thread. I'll be waiting for season 5 to come to netflix.

Yup:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=648858&highlight=arthur+userid%3A115806

Mindset
S5 wasn't good.

Putinbot1
I enjoyed Season 5

Robtard
Actually, I can't watch S5 until next week, thought it was out this week. My error.

Surtur
Season 5 is out on netflix. I'm on the second episode, enjoying it so far.

Surtur
Lol jeez they really had a guy go on a rant about "Britain first" and "false news"

Giggle. TDS seeping into entertainment now.

Surtur
So I just finished the season finale. Good season overall and definitely better than the previous season.

Oh and damn Alfie still lives!

Putinbot1
It was a ****ing great Season Surt thumb up

Surtur
Yeah, but still we lost a soulja, RIP Aberama Gold

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, but still we lost a soulja, RIP Aberama Gold Yeah, he was great too. thumb up

TheVaultDweller
I wonder how historically accurate Churchill's characterisation is. Because, man, he's a scaly MF in this show. At least from what I have seen so far.

TheVaultDweller
Okay, and it obviously goes without saying that the rest of them are also scaly bastards. But as a historical figure, he's the one that stands out. One thing I have noticed since starting is that they really have some unusual music choices as well. I hadn't heard The White Stripes in years until picking this show up. Yet the more contemporary song choices really fit with the show's style.

Surtur
It's probably exaggerated, but whether slightly exaggerated or majorly is hard to say.

Wouldn't shock me if he was that way. Politicians tend to all be sociopaths.

Old Man Whirly!
Peaky fooking blinders!

Robtard
I stopped at S5, went downhill imo.

jaden_2.0
So I've got around to watching this and here's my thoughts.

It should be renamed from Peaky Blinders to "Walking in Slow Motion Through Factories Whilst Smoking tabs"

Observation 2

The single best line in TV history is now "Arthur is going to Scotland so he needs hand grenades" because it's 100% historically factually accurate.

Robtard
^ Clear bias.

jaden_2.0
No idea what you're talking about...

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
So I've got around to watching this and here's my thoughts.

It should be renamed from Peaky Blinders to "Walking in Slow Motion Through Factories Whilst Smoking tabs"

Observation 2

The single best line in TV history is now "Arthur is going to Scotland so he needs hand grenades" because it's 100% historically factually accurate. hand grenades are key in Dundee especially.

jaden_2.0
It should be noted that the head of the Billy Boys Scottish accent is possibly worse than Christopher Lambert's in The Highlander. Still no idea why they didn't just cast a Scottish actor instead of the least known Gleeson family member to do it. Probably because it was funny getting an Irish Catholic to play the head of a Protestant terror group.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.