Games that have AWFUL reviews from Critics AND Audiences that you enjoyed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Can't be just one or the other, has to be both.

Discuss.

Kazenji
Duke Nukem Forever.

Nemesis X
Knack.

Adam Grimes
Batman Arkham Origins.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Batman Arkham Origins. That was panned? I'm talking User Score btw, not just "this game is boring" on a bunch of message boards.

Edit: Checked and you based that off nothing lol. By "awful" I mean "4.9/49" or lower, scores given by public and critics declaring it bad across the board.

Examples would be "Aliens: Colonial Marines", "Ride to Hell: Retribution", etc hell even Duke Nukem forever wouldn't technically count since it has average reviews from both critics and people on review aggregate sites like Metacritic.

So games considered: "Average" like "The Hobbit" for the PS2/Xbox, "Sea of Thieves", "Watch Dogs", these games wouldn't count.

Games the general public hates just as much as Ride to Hell: Retribution.

Adam Grimes
Shut up.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, it narrows it down too much going by those arbitrary rules/criteria.

Thought about mentioning Arkham Origins too, but wasnt sure whether to.

cdtm
Deadly Towers was pretty awesome. Pretty sure it was panned across the board.

Was going to add Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone, which I remember being universally hated by fans, but I see Gamespot has a user score of 7.1.

For my money, it's my favorite game in the original trilogy. I don't care how accurate it is to the arcade version, or how hard people think it is. I beat the thing at least 5 times, and enjoyed every minute.

Surtur
Originally posted by Jmanghan
That was panned? I'm talking User Score btw, not just "this game is boring" on a bunch of message boards.

Edit: Checked and you based that off nothing lol. By "awful" I mean "4.9/49" or lower, scores given by public and critics declaring it bad across the board.

Examples would be "Aliens: Colonial Marines", "Ride to Hell: Retribution", etc hell even Duke Nukem forever wouldn't technically count since it has average reviews from both critics and people on review aggregate sites like Metacritic.

So games considered: "Average" like "The Hobbit" for the PS2/Xbox, "Sea of Thieves", "Watch Dogs", these games wouldn't count.

Games the general public hates just as much as Ride to Hell: Retribution.

You're making this more difficult than it needs to be. Why not just ask "which games that were panned by most people did you enjoy?"

Hell you don't even specify where you're pulling these scores from. Game Rankings? Metacritic?

Some games I enjoyed that most gamers did not seem to enjoy: X-Men Destiny, Advent Rising. And while the series wasn't loathed I found I enjoyed the Star Wars Force Unleashed series more than most.

-Pr-
I think the issue is that it's easier for a game to be objectively bad than say, a movie or an album.

Even games like Alpha Protocol, which have shit gameplay, still have enough in other areas to not be considered complete trash.

Kazenji
Rogue Warrior is another one i've tried out recently and it's hated by on both sides.

KingD19
I was gonna mention Alpha Protocol. F*cking loved that game with a passion. It was the only military/espionage action/rpg I can remember that has choices, consequences, branching stories, etc... That's usually saved for fantasy or sci-fi.

Jmanghan
Mortal Kombat 4 I think.

Kazenji
^ That's the only main MK game that i've never played

Ridley_Prime
Deception was the only good 3D game, which at least tried. Fight me.

Impediment

Nemesis X

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X
thumb up

Even when my idols Adam Sessler & Morgan Webb gave it flak, I had to disagree. It's a pretty alright game. They disliked some pretty sick PS2 games, like Colosseum: Road to Freedom.

cdtm
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Deception was the only good 3D game, which at least tried. Fight me.

Was thinking about buying a copy for backwards compatible play on a 360. I hear emulation isn't.perfect, but it's mostly the title screen, and 360 upscaling beats PS2 components on an LCD.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.