Movies ready for a reboot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
With Wans Mortal Kombat and David Goyers Hellraiser reboot on the drawing board, what do you think is the next legacy franchise that can be redone? What about the films make it viable for a new audience? How many films or what writers do you think would make the reboot a success?

StiltmanFTW
Street Fighter.

BruceSkywalker
none.. no more reboots

cdtm
Star Wars.

Just make movies out of the Zhan Trilogy, and go from there.

Robtard
I'd like to see a modern take of The Fly.

The 1986 version is one underrated Sci-Fi Horror flick. Make it R. Throw enough money that it gets top-shelf CGI and hire proper director, writer and cast.

I've heard a remake was being considered, that was some time ago though.

Darkstorm Zero
Jaws.

Because a proper big budget shark movie has not been done since the original. And Jaws for it's time was simply believable and didn't need too much suspension of disbelief to work.

You don't need some ancient prehistoric titan like The Meg, or some weird experiment like Deep Blue Sea, or some wild ass tornadoes like Sharknado to make Sharks more dangerous for a movie, you just need compelling story. And i think Hollywoods overly fantastical elemements sometimes ruin otherwise capable concepts.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd like to see a modern take of The Fly.

The 1986 version is one underrated Sci-Fi Horror flick. Make it R. Throw enough money that it gets top-shelf CGI and hire proper director, writer and cast.

I've heard a remake was being considered, that was some time ago though.

I remember reading David Cronenberg wanted to remake it again, Not sure what happen with that.

SquallX

Kazenji
Except for when they do shit sequel's, Then it's time for a reboot

Actually they're not.

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Street Fighter.
Best suggestion so far. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Thank you.

riv6672

Mindship
Gorgo
Them

cdtm

Mindship
Almost forgot this one: Fantastic Voyage.

Surtur
I wonder what the movie business would look like if we banned reboots for a decade? I'd like to think they would then think outside the box, get creative, and come up with some original ideas...but nah we'd just see even more movies based on books and comic books than we already do. Cuz Hollywood is lazy in a lot of ways* and we reward them for it.

*They work hard on their projects(most of the time) but they don't work hard on being unique

StiltmanFTW
Bloodrayne.

steverules_2
The DCEU

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by steverules_2
The DCEU

laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
Bloodrayne.

just make sure uwe boll don't do it

Originally posted by steverules_2
The DCEU

i was gonna say that lol

riv6672

StiltmanFTW

riv6672
Loved the original film.
^^^Same!

But I really missed that armor at first. It worked better without it really, made the characters more vulnerable.

roughrider
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Jaws.

Because a proper big budget shark movie has not been done since the original. And Jaws for it's time was simply believable and didn't need too much suspension of disbelief to work.

You don't need some ancient prehistoric titan like The Meg, or some weird experiment like Deep Blue Sea, or some wild ass tornadoes like Sharknado to make Sharks more dangerous for a movie, you just need compelling story. And i think Hollywoods overly fantastical elemements sometimes ruin otherwise capable concepts.

JAWS should NEVER be touched. The flaws with the mechanical shark actually made it a better film because they had to change strategy, making it a less-you-see-the-more-you-get thriller. You can't do the drama better. But there has been a very good shark thriller with up to date CGI in the past decade - The Shallows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shallows_(film)

Many shark films have been lame in comparison to JAWS; this was the best one since then, in my opinion.

Additionally, instead of remaking JAWS, I'd like to see an adaptation of Close To Shore instead, which is about the 1916 shark attacks that inspired the JAWS story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_to_Shore

BruceSkywalker
KMC

Flyattractor
Captain Marvel. That Movie Blowed Chunks.

Trocity
Venom.

BruceSkywalker
Birds of Prey err Harley's upcoming movie

cdtm
Sliders.

Not a movie, but it was too good to end on a cliffhanger.

steverules_2
Originally posted by cdtm
Sliders.

Damn that was a good show

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Same!

But I really missed that armor at first. It worked better without it really, made the characters more vulnerable.

I'd be surprised if the movie can even get made nowadays, Too many PC people.

cdtm
Originally posted by Kazenji

It would get a serious version of Futurama's parody, probably.

With a less sympathetic, less competent Zap Brannigan.

BruceSkywalker
alligator

delta force

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
A perfect way to piss them off!

Flyattractor
Originally posted by cdtm
Sliders.

mmmmppphhh! Keri Wuher...

https://timewantsaskeleton.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/wuhrer.jpg

https://media.tenor.com/images/28a2df170760b870231a35277d32611f/tenor.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.