World of Cardboard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
gQabrSpKcJw

This is why Superman almost never hits someone as hard as he can. Why, even if he says he is, he isn't hitting Rogol Zaar so hard, he could break him.

This is why Death of Superman lasted over multiple issues, taking days to end. This is why animated Superman fought Darkseid TWO other times, before finally making this speech.

A Superman who hits you as hard as he can, is a Superman who is willing to risk KILLING you. This isn't a choice he's able to make, without extraordinary circumstances pushing him to it.

Otherwise, he would not be Superman.

LordGod
Always loved that scene. thumb upthumb up

Putinbot1
Ever read Larry Niven's, "Man of Steel, woman of Kleenex?"

cdtm
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Ever read Larry Niven's, "Man of Steel, woman of Kleenex?"

No, but I did read some hilarious sections in "Alien Sex" while browsing.

Something about Kryptonian sperm leaving a path of destruction around the earth, as invulnerable and unstoppable as Superman himself.

Comic books have played with the concept a bit, like an Armageddon 2000 tie in that had Lois achieving conception, only for the fetus to kick, and kill her.

The phenomenal All Star Superman probably came up with the best solution: Test tube baby, via generic engineering.

No carnal fun for Superman that way, but I guess it's just one more reason he's so heroic (And he's an alien, so we can forgive this incomprehensible sacrifice.)

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by LordGod
Always loved that scene. thumb upthumb up

I love how Darkseid gets up and ****s Clark up with the Agony Matrix.

Of course, Superman fanboys choose to edit that moment out.

_Bs9lQ76r4Q

You don't need to thank me, cd.

Mindship
Originally posted by cdtm
Otherwise, he would not be Superman. This reminds me of another scene, where Batman and Wonder Woman were discussing Superman, how he so properly tempers his power, never lets it corrupt him. One of them said (iirc): "And that's what makes him Superman."

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Ever read Larry Niven's, "Man of Steel, woman of Kleenex?" Sure did. Niven is probably my favorite scifi author.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.