Is Speed Steal an NLF?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Would this ability work on sayyyy trans tier and above beings like Darkseid, Thanos, Galactus, World Forger, etc

we've never seen Wally use it successfully on the caliber of those guys, so just curious

DarkSaint85
The speed steal is due to Wally's command of the Speed Force.

Which is infinite.

And as we saw recently, when the SF gets messed with, even the New Gods take note.

So yeah, I'd say it would work on them.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Which is infinite.

And as we saw recently, when the SF gets messed with, even the New Gods take note.

So you don't think one could theortically resist it?

LordGod
This is actually an interesting question where DC is concerned, because the God Sphere (where the NGs live) is outside the influence of the speed force- the SF just wraps around the 3rd dimension multiverse.

So while Flash could probably affect NGs that have boom tubed into the 3rd dimension multiverse, I don't know if he could affect them if they were both in the God Sphere, because that realm is beyond the SF.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by LordGod
This is actually an interesting question where DC is concerned, because the God Sphere (where the NGs live) is outside the influence of the speed force- the SF just wraps around the 3rd dimension multiverse.

So while Flash could probably affect NGs that have boom tubed into the 3rd dimension multiverse, I don't know if he could affect them if they were both in the God Sphere, because that realm is beyond the SF.

Highfather was monitoring the disturbances and was able to feel the effects during the Flash War.

abhilegend
Its NLF.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by abhilegend
Its NLF.

Why don't you think it'll work on Darkseid, trans tiers etc

arguably it is, But we've seen that Flash has already collectively Speed Stolen for multitudes of people, including Superman, Wonder Woman, the JLA, the JSA, the Flash Family, everyone on Earthz and several billion beings from another planet, with no issue.

abhilegend
He has also failed to drain speed from a random ship.

AlbertoJohnAvil
He has also failed to drain speed from a random ship.

scan?

and that would be considered a low showing since he's stole speed from beings far more destructive than a ship lol

abhilegend
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
scan?

and that would be considered a low showing since he's stole speed from beings far more destructive than a ship lol
Its from JLA Haven. Don't have scan as of now.

But low showings exist to make an average

AlbertoJohnAvil
Its from JLA Haven. Don't have scan as of now.

But low showings exist to make an average

Okay so that's 1 low showing against a dozen high ends?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Just read it.

that was when he was still getting used to the Speed Steal ability
You forget Wally was able to Speed Steal the actual planet Earth?

darthgoober
Jay once had an issue stealing Supes's speed too, something about taking that much energy at once possibly damaging the planet or something else weird like that. I know that Wally exceeds Jay in both power and skill so there's no direct parallel there, but it at the very least indicates that there's a lot going on when speed stealing is involved so it's probably not a good thing to assume it's without it's share of limits.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by darthgoober
Jay once had an issue stealing Supes's speed too, something about taking that much energy at once possibly damaging the planet or something else weird like that. I know that Wally exceeds Jay in both power and skill so there's no direct parallel there, but it at the very least indicates that there's a lot going on when speed stealing is involved so it's probably not a good thing to assume it's without it's share of limits.

But I don't know if wally has limits to doing so. He's stole speed from an entire planet including Superman, Diana, J'onn, etc

darthgoober
But I don't know if wally has limits to doing so. He's stole speed from an entire planet including Superman, Diana, J'onn, etc
Right, we don't know if Wally has limits. It's not that it's been specifically established as an unlimited move, we just haven't actually seen the limit except for the time that abhi's talking about(which I freely acknowledge sounds like a low showing of the highest order) and the fact that he can't steal Zoom's speed. But honestly the Zoom thing alone throws shade on Wally's ability to steal speed from people/beings that have a weird relation with time which would include virtually all cosmic being types IMO.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Right, we don't know if Wally has limits. It's not that it's been specifically established as an unlimited move, we just haven't actually seen the limit except for the time that abhi's talking about(which I freely acknowledge sounds like a low showing of the highest order) and the fact that he can't steal Zoom's speed. But honestly the Zoom thing alone throws shade on Wally's ability to steal speed from people/beings that have a weird relation with time which would include virtually all cosmic being types IMO.

Wally Speed Stealing from the actual planet.

https://i.postimg.cc/RN7sPzWz/spl.jpg

darthgoober
Wally Speed Stealing from the actual planet.

https://i.postimg.cc/RN7sPzWz/spl.jpg
Yeah... but that's still not something that specifically indicates such a thing is totally without limit. I'm not saying this to try to lowball the feat at all because the amount of energy he'd have to steal to accomplish that feat is absolutely staggering no matter what, but it's not like he was draining everyone at max effort or anything. If Supes hadn't been moving so fast, there wouldn't have been any issues from Jay stealing his speed. By the same token, if all the beings had been maxed out when Wally attempted the feat it's theoretically possible he could have failed.

Assuming anything in comics is totally without limits is always a mistake. Even the Presence and TOAA have been shown to have limits. Hell, Hulk's potential for strength increase HAS been specifically addressed as being without limits but we'd still scoff at the notion of him ever getting physically strong enough to beat up high end cosmic beings.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Wally Speed Stole from Superman, Wonder Woman, the JL, the JSA, the Flash Family, everyone on Earth and several billion beings from another planet, SIMULTANEOUSLY.

darthgoober
Wally Speed Stole from Superman, Wonder Woman, the JL, the JSA, the Flash Family, everyone on Earth and several billion beings from another planet, SIMULTANEOUSLY.
Yeah... I specifically said that the feat was staggering.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Jay only has an issue because he just recently learned the ability. Kay then went on to casually Speed Steal from Black Adam without even touching him.

And the only reason Zoom was immune to Speed Steal is because he can Speed himself up via time hax.

darthgoober
Jay only has an issue because he just recently learned the ability. Kay then went on to casually Speed Steal from Black Adam without even touching him.

And the only reason Zoom was immune to Speed Steal is because he can Speed himself up via time hax.
Black Adam is slower than Supes, being able to steal his speed without issue isn't indicative of the ability to steal Supes's without issue.

The exact reason Zoom's immune is ambiguous. It SHOULDN'T be ambiguous being it was spelled out plainly as him not being connected to the speed force but from what I understand that contradicts other instances of Flash speed stealing(likely your instance of him draining everyone on Earth was one of their reasons) so all we know is that it has something to do with his time abilities. Just so there's no confusion let me be clear and say that I'm not saying that any specific limits should be placed on Wally's ability. I think that kind of thing should probably be dealt with on a case by case basis for the most part. I'm just saying that I don't think he should be given a blanket pass for it being a guarantee no matter how powerful the opponent.

-Pr-
NLF?

No Lose something?

qwertyuiop1998
↑Same question, What is NLF?↑

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Which is infinite.

But would it work on Aquarian? smile

Supermutant
Originally posted by -Pr-
NLF?

No Lose something?

No Limits Fallacy

-Pr-
Originally posted by Supermutant
No Limits Fallacy

Oh, right. Thanks.

==

To answer the thread starter then, no, I don't think it is. There are always going to be characters that have an innate resistance to that kind of thing.

AlbertoJohnAvil
problem is we haven't seen one resist it to full effect yet tbh

-Pr-
problem is we haven't seen one resist it to full effect yet tbh

True, but the point is to prove that it will work, not that it won't.

beatboks

But Jay is also a different entity with very different personal limitations. His heart condidtion for example prevents him from going super luminal for nore than a brief period. Getting his heart rate up to a certain level would cause another heart attack.

Which simply means stealing his speed doesnt pose as great a medical risk. Even in stealing BA's speed to time jump Jay first went and said goodbye to Joan before attempting it. He literally expected doing so to kill him. He also only just exceeded LS long enough to time jump even with that speed steal (where with Supes he was trying to prevent him from catching wally and making himself able to)

During the period he was training Bart he would steal speed and lend it to Bart so as to not put his own health at risk. In fact he used Sleed lend a lot more than steal for that reason.

So with Jay he has to be more cautious in the amount of speed and how quickly he steals it.

it really isn't. Zoom is immune because he doesnt use speed. He has no speed to steal. He moves gast purely because he has a different relative time rate (one that is loose and non conformed). He's not moving thru space so much as moving and time is different for him.

There in lies the limit. Speed steal really shouldnt be enough against anyone who has some degree of power over time.

The likes of Kang, Time Trapper, Waverider, Chronos. Any mage who has demonstrated abilities over time (Dr Strange/Fate, Arion, Tempest, Faust etc) has a work around. Just as any celestial being who has demonstrated the same has (Galactus, anyone with time stone, celestials, some high end new gods), or any scientist who has developed tech to play with time (Brainiacs {1/2/5}, Ultra-Humanite, Dr Doom, Per Degaton)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.