Definitive...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tru-marvell
I've been on this message board now for a few years....I'm trying to get a clear or clearer understanding of some DC characters. The thing I want to know is are there definitive limits to these 3 characters.
I feel Marvel has done a much better job at setting ceilings to it's characters.

Character 1 Superman

Aside from some temporary power up I can't recall seeing Thor/Hulk/Silver Surfer challenging a "galactic' level force or higher.

Thor was once able to force a weakened Galactus to retreat by using his most powerful attack aside from that 1 showing Thor (not King Thor or RKT) is really a non-factor to Galactus. And Galactus is not multiversal

Yet Superman was shown to be able to greatly effect a "Multiverse" level being by brute force! What is his limit?!
I just can't see anyone accepting WB Hulk punching with great effect Chaos King (except maybe...well y"all know who)

So who in DC can definitively defeat Superman? It can't be Darkseid too many battles/struggles

Character 2 Flash (Wally)

There's really no need to say too much about this characters exploits. Given his power set and what he has been written to accomplish...

Who in DC can definitively defeat the Flash?

Character 3 Mxy

This guy I totally don't get. Is he on par with The Presence?

Who in DC can definitively defeat Mxy?

And please do not reply with CA Superman....or should I just say "aside from CA superman"

Just curious.

lawest9
Originally posted by tru-marvell
I've been on this message board now for a few years....I'm trying to get a clear or clearer understanding of some DC characters. The thing I want to know is are there definitive limits to these 3 characters.
I feel Marvel has done a much better job at setting ceilings to it's characters.

Character 1 Superman

Aside from some temporary power up I can't recall seeing Thor/Hulk/Silver Surfer challenging a "galactic' level force or higher.

Thor was once able to force a weakened Galactus to retreat by using his most powerful attack aside from that 1 showing Thor (not King Thor or RKT) is really a non-factor to Galactus. And Galactus is not multiversal

Yet Superman was shown to be able to greatly effect a "Multiverse" level being by brute force! What is his limit?!
I just can't see anyone accepting WB Hulk punching with great effect Chaos King (except maybe...well y"all know who)

So who in DC can definitively defeat Superman? It can't be Darkseid too many battles/struggles

There's really no need to say too much about this characters exploits. Given his power set and what he has been written to accomplish...

Character 3 Mxy

And please do not reply with CA Superman....or should I just say "aside from CA superman"

Just curious. I don't think I could help you out too much buddy, only think that I can say is that DC doesn't seem to set any TRUE limits kn his power set, he is as powerful as the situation needs him to be and as a Supes fan I have no real problem with this so much, Wally and Mxy I can't say too much about.

I think that Marvel however is gradually doing the same thing with the Hulk, although as someone said they don't make it quite as obvious as DC does with Superman but Marvel is getting there with the Hulk nonetheless, my suspicion is that both companies are in a not so discreet competition with one another as much as trying to outdo kne another with their flagship super strong men.

carver9
Thor blasted a hole clean through Chaos King. Withstood a beating from a pissed Celestial. Defeated Ego. Punched a hole in Galactus skull. Not naming everything but Thor have some crazy showings.

lawest9
Originally posted by carver9
Thor blasted a hole clean through Chaos King. Withstood a beating from a pissed Celestial. Defeated Ego. Punched a hole in Galactus skull. Not naming everything but Thor have some crazy showings. Yes brother most of this high heralds have their highs and lows.

Badabing
Originally posted by tru-marvell

Character 1 Superman

Character 3 Mxy

Just curious. Galan made a very good post about Suoerman over the Summer. I can't recall where though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.