Movies that are still unmatched by 2000 movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShoutMan
Predator 1 and Predator 2, Terminator 1 and 2, Black Hawk Down, Behind enemies Lines. Baby's Day Out, Home Alone are the movies that are still unmatched by movies made after year 2000.

See No Evil starring WWE star "Kane" is very good.

Post your movies big grin

Flyattractor
Ghostbusters comes to mind.

Flyattractor
The Star Wars OT comes to mind.

jaden_2.0
Total Recall and Robocop remakes were garbage.

Impediment
I cried at the end of Black Hawk Down.

Ghostbusters is absolutely timeless.

carthage

Inhuman
The Naked Gun

ShadowFyre
All of these are good picks

Flyattractor
95% of Mel Brooks Movies.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Flyattractor
The Star Wars OT comes to mind.

That's an obvious pick. The first two Superman movies come to mind as well. None of the newer Superman flicks compares to those two. No one will ever be able to fill Christopher Reeve's shoes as Superman.

The Batman movies are actually better though, imo, than the originals.

Putinbot1
Shawshank
Godfather trilogy
Get Carter (the original)
Stripes
Batchelor Party
GATTACA
Jaws
Death wish
Highlander
Die Hard
Enter the Dragon
Marathon Man
Omen 1 and 2
Boys from Brazil
Saving Private Ryan
The Dear Hunter
Deliverance

Loads more

eThneoLgrRnae
The original Highlander is a classic for sure but I actually liked Endgame (the one with both Christopher Lambert and Adrian Paul) the best.

Maybe because I really enjoyed the tv series so damn much. I have all the dvd's of all the seasons and have watched through them all like 5 or 6 times lol. I've also bought several of the not-exactly-cheap swords. That was money that I definitely wish I could get back somehow. I used to be a massive Highlander fan... not so much anymore.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Putinbot1

Godfather

thumb up

Originally posted by Putinbot1
trilogy

thumb down

roughrider
Originally posted by ShoutMan
Predator 1 and Predator 2, Terminator 1 and 2, Black Hawk Down, Behind enemies Lines. Baby's Day Out, Home Alone are the movies that are still unmatched by movies made after year 2000.

See No Evil starring WWE star "Kane" is very good.

Post your movies big grin

Black Hawk Down and Behind Enemy Lines both came out in 2001, so they are 2000 movies.

Based on your favourites, I think you need to see more movies. Though I do think Black Hawk Down is a five star classic.

Personally, I don't think a film has gotten into my all time Top Ten since Saving Private Ryan in 1998. My Top Ten looks something like this:

2001: A Space Odyssey
Apocalyspe Now (Original and Redux versions)
The Star Wars OT
The Godfather Part II
Jaws
Schindler's List
Saving Private Ryan
Dr. Strangelove
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
Raging Bull

Just outside the Top Ten, maybe they get in depending on my mood: Alien, Lawrence Of Arabia, The Godfather, Blade Runner (later cuts), Unforgiven, Once Upon A Time In The West

Five star films for me that have knocked on the door of my all time favourties since the 2000's started: The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, Million Dollar Baby, Revenge Of The Sith, The Departed, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Dark Knight, WALL-E, plus several MCU films (Marvel's The Avengers, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.