Freddy Prinze Jr rant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Thor
He goes on a rant cursing at the fans. Or the haters I guess.

Has some interesting things to say, but dont get who hes pissed at or why?

https://youtu.be/wYsnb61JPmM

Zenwolf
Not sure he's pissed, though a lot of what he says is pretty much going off the movies themselves and not much else, which is fine.

Though I'm not really sure on the 2 and 2 thing, cause Leia was never trained as a Jedi in the OT soo....plus that thing never made much sense when it came to the PT anyway.

Also he's right, there is no Grey Jedi, even in the EU that just isn't a thing as I'm sure it's been noted by Luke Skywalker that such a thing is impossible. As I recall I think it was in one of the NJO novels?

The precursors to the Jedi tried that and they royally screwed up, Revan tried that and he went bonkers.

I think people misinterpret what a Grey Jedi even means, Qui-Gon wasn't using the darkside, he just wasn't one to listen to the Council and doing things in a different way, yet he was still a Jedi.

Still a nice rant.

Darth Thor
I like the idea that victory is decided by the Force and is ultimately about keeping balance in the Force. So he gives the example of Maul, and that being why he cant win any of those big fights, because that would mess with that balance.

But when he says these are Lucas words, thats not quite true. Because he has no direct quotes. Its more his interpretation of Filonis interpretation of things Lucas told him over a number of years.

He also needs to get that these new movies are not necessarily following those rules, because neither Lucas or Filoni are making them. And frankly theres no justification from Lucas or from the OT (and certainly not the PT)for Rey beating Kylo with zero training.

Whatever little training Luke had, he still had that training, and he kept practicing and training himself for a number of years in between the films BEFORE he can Ultimately defeat Darth Vader by the third film. Not comparable at all to the nonesense theyve done with Rey in the ST.

So in conclusion I think he has interesting insights, but I dont completely trust someone that triggered and that emotional over it. And him equating the ST to the PT and OT is just a false equivalency. We already know Lucas wouldnt have made these films or even story boarded them the way they have been.

Zenwolf
I can agree to that, some stuff did seem rather out there. Especially the bit about the older movies being compared to the ST.

Galan007
Whether you agree with his views or not, Freddy's rant is f*cking hysterical. There's a fine line between "passionate" and "triggered", and Freddy sways back and forth between both here, lol. thumb up

Lord Lucien
"These movies are for kids."

Every single person who gets upset about Star Wars is an adult, including Freddy Prinze Jr. The most prolific person in the world right now getting upset about an actually important thing is a Swedish child with fetal alcohol syndrome.

I think we all got our priorities f*cked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.