Sentry vs Superman - you choose

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
For some strange cosmic reason you are the chosen one by an Abstract entity that tells you that your world is about to change and everything will resemble both Marvel and DC comics combined into one space (on a much bigger planet of course). He then tells you that you will be granted abilities of your choosing, you can either choose Sentry full powerset (without the Void, and, you cant juice up on more serum) or Superman full powerset (you do NOT have the ability to sun dip and become more powerful. You remain at Superman standard power levels).

Who do you choose and why?

lawest9
Superman, his normal power set is more than adequate.

StiltmanFTW
I would choose Hulk and I would leap to U.S., so I could visit my homie, carver9.

He would love to feel my green muscles.

JBL THE GREAT
Sentry. More powerful

lawest9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I would choose Hulk and I would leap to U.S., so I could visit my homie, carver9.

He would love to feel my green muscles. Oh boy, look out. 😗😗😗😗😗

tkitna
Sentry

More versatile character and the ability to not die is a huge bonus.

Putinbot1
Superman as in a gazillion issues, he has always saved the day. Sentry on the other hand...

Stoic
Sentry can not be defeated if Bob doesn't want him to be.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Stoic
Sentry can not be defeated if Bob doesn't want him to be. That really is a Mr Master thing to say... Did he want to drop the Helicarrier?

Stoic
Originally posted by Putinbot1
That really is a Mr Master thing to say... Did he want to drop the Helicarrier?

First you need to understand what the Sentry is before going on a wild tangent. Oh, you want to lowball? Listen dude, Superman was pushed back for nearly a mile when he tried to slow a space pod down that contained Zod's son. The pod was the size of a sedan.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry

More versatile character and the ability to not die is a huge bonus.

I wonder why he's never shown as alive in any future timeline. He's always killed off iirc

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I wonder why he's never shown as alive in any future timeline. He's always killed off iirc

Did you read what he said to Thor about being needed in the future when he was Death Seed Sentry?

zopzop
Superman has the edge in durability, flight, and combat speed. Sentry has the edge in exotic powers (matter manipulation > heat vision/super breath/freezing breath).

I'd go Sentry.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Stoic
First you need to understand what the Sentry is before going on a wild tangent. Oh, you want to lowball? Listen dude, Superman was pushed back for nearly a mile when he tried to slow a space pod down that contained Zod's son. The pod was the size of a sedan. I understand exactly what Sentry is, a character who gets written a different way in almost every appearance.

MrMind
First it's Thor wank, then it's Hulk wank, now it's Sentry wank

It never ends

Oh off topic Stoic seems like the type of dude that would snitch on you for something because you screwed his secret crush.

carver9
Originally posted by MrMind
First it's Thor wank, then it's Hulk wank, now it's Sentry wank

It never ends

Oh off topic Stoic seems like the type of dude that would snitch on you for something because you screwed his secret crush.

What about Superman wank? Does that exist?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by carver9
What about Superman wank? Does that exist? Sure

DarkSaint85
Superman's powers.

With Sentry, I don't want to become weak just because I was having a down day.

abhilegend
First Sentry even needs an actual power set before this thread. Is he a flying brick? Is he a matter manipulator? Psychic flying brick? Reality warper? Shadow manipulator?

Its like every appearance has a different power set for him under a new writer.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by abhilegend
First Sentry even needs an actual power set before this thread. Is he a flying brick? Is he a matter manipulator? Psychic flying brick? Reality warper? Shadow manipulator?

Its like every appearance has a different power set for him under a new writer. thumb up

tkitna
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Bad writing? There's so many examples of him reappearing after a supposed death that its commonplace.

h1a8
I would go with Superman if living forever isn't a priority. He's so fast that everything on Earth, besides the flashes will be frozen in time.

I would go with Sentry if I want to live forever. But I must be careful not to have a down day as Saint mentioned. I'll be extremely weak.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.