Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines or Terminator: Dark Fate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
What movies story did you think worked better as a part 3 and which one did you like better.

How you rate both sequels?.

Darth Thor
Ill be kind to T3 and give it a 6/10. And believe me I can complain all day about that film. But still found some mild entertainment in it, and enjoyed the end twist.

Dark Fate id give a 7/10.

But Sarah Connor Chronicles is still by far the best sequel to T1 & T2.

Psychotron
T3 is better. Multiple elements of DF were just lifted from T3, like the Rev-9, Judgement Day being inevitable, the way Arnold defeats the Rev-9.

BruceSkywalker
both are trash but rise of the machines is a tad better

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Ill be kind to T3 and give it a 6/10. And believe me I can complain all day about that film. But still found some mild entertainment in it, and enjoyed the end twist.

Forget T2 3D: Battle through time? That was pretty good.

Still the SCC was good, so mad that they ended it on a cliffhanger like that. Really hate it when shows do that.

carthage
Dark Fate has greater action, chemistry between the team, and much cooler capabilities of the terminators

Though T3 is good and underrated

riv6672
Originally posted by carthage
Dark Fate has greater action, chemistry between the team, and much cooler capabilities of the terminators

thumb up

Though T3 is good and underrated
thumb down

Psychotron
chemistry between the team

Disagree. Arnold was a freaking parody of himself and Grace came off as an angry dyke, who disliked Sarah for no reason.

Ridley_Prime

Would give the same rating to Dark Fate as well. It was actually better than I thought, tho get why some didnt like it, but it was fate to bomb regardless, no pun intended... T3 I would give more like a 4 or 5/10 personally.

Hadnt seen the Sarah Connor Chronicles, but I can easily believe that. Was going to watch it when it used to be on Netflix but they took it off before I had the chance. Might pirate it or something at this point if nothing else, IDK. Not like the Terminator series has much of a future now either way but with that said, am fine if Dark Fate ends up being the final film/sendoff with how long it has been.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Psychotron
T3 is better. Multiple elements of DF were just lifted from T3, like the Rev-9, Judgement Day being inevitable, the way Arnold defeats the Rev-9.

T-X from T3 was just stupid though (For me), shooting lasers and flame throwers from her arm.

Rev-9 was basically a T-1000 with the twist of having an independent exoskeleton Terminator inside him.

Also liked how the team up battle against the Rev-9 as thats never been done before. And is far more believable when battling/defeating an invincible Terminator IMO.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Forget T2 3D: Battle through time? That was pretty good.

Still the SCC was good, so mad that they ended it on a cliffhanger like that. Really hate it when shows do that.

Sure but thats just like a short film made for a 3-d ride.

SCC ending was an annoying cliffhanger, but when you think about it, it did also have an ending as well.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Hadnt seen the Sarah Connor Chronicles, but I can easily believe that. Was going to watch it when it used to be on Netflix but they took it off before I had the chance. Might pirate it or something at this point if nothing else, IDK. Not like the Terminator series has much of a future now either way but with that said, am fine if Dark Fate ends up being the final film/sendoff with how long it has been.

Defo worth watching despite the irritating point where it got cancelled. And shows how they could have made a really good sequel without risking like $200million plus on a dying franchise.

StiltmanFTW

Bro.

You just want to bone Lena Headey.

Admit that. There's no shame in that.

SquallX

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Bro.

You just want to bone Lena Headey.

Admit that. There's no shame in that.

Both her and Summer Glau. Summer first though. Lena would be the extra.

Ridley_Prime
Lena was one of the best parts about Dredd (2012) as well.

Oh yeah, I like Kristanna Loken, but her as the TX in T3 didn't really do it for me.

riv6672

Archaeopteryx
T3 was just ok, Dark Fate was a tired attempt to copy T2. I'd say T3 by a slim margin

Darth Thor
T3 was more of a copy of T2, with the whole trying to stop Judgement Day. And another Arny vs liquid metal (but over the top Terminator)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.