Current Goku and Vegeta vs Beerus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Whis did claim together they might have a chance, and that was several power ups ago.

Galan007
I've mentioned this in other threads, but Toriyama definitely has Beerus on a sliding scale where power is concerned. The stronger Goku and Vegeta are written, the stronger Beerus seems to inextricably become as a corollary.

-In BoG, it supposedly takes 70% of Beerus' power to defeat n00b-SSG Goku.
-Fast-forward to RoF, and Whis implies that it would take both n00b-SSB Goku AND n00b-SSB Vegeta to defeat Beerus.
-Fast-forward to just after the Zamasu arc(set AFTER Goku/Vegeta had trained in the RoSaT for a few days/years AND received multiple zenkais from all the battles they'd been involved in since RoF), and Beerus can casually one-arm ragdoll FPSSB Vegeta after becoming slightly annoyed.
-Fast-forward to the Zen Exhibition Match, and Goku is absolutely awestruck by the power/skill Beerus is displaying against the other GoDs, and flat-out states that he couldn't possibly hope to compete with him.
-Fast-forward to the Broly film(set AFTER the zenkais that would've been received following the ToP), and the director implies in an interview that Beerus is still above even MUI Goku.
-In the film itself, Goku STILL used Beerus' power as a measuring stick for Broly's power, despite all of the hyper-powerful warriors he had encountered at the ToP that he could have used instead(inc. Jiren, who was explicitly shown at the beginning of the film.)

That being said, Beerus should still be able to stomp the christ out of Goku+Vegeta even easier than Broly did... If they fuse into Gogeta, however, they'd beat Beerus.

My personal scaling is as follows:
SSB Gogeta > FPSSJ Broly ~/> Beerus > everyone else.

*Not factoring in Moro right now, because I'm still not sure where he stands.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Galan007
That being said, Beerus should still be able to stomp the christ out of Goku+Vegeta even easier than Broly did... If they fuse into Gogeta, however, they'd beat Beerus.
Until next year, when it's revealed that he'd actually stomp Gogeta.

Galan007
Lol yep.

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by Galan007
I've mentioned this in other threads, but Toriyama definitely has Beerus on a sliding scale where power is concerned. The stronger Goku and Vegeta are written, the stronger Beerus seems to inextricably become as a corollary.

-In BoG, it supposedly takes 70% of Beerus' power to defeat n00b-SSG Goku.
-Fast-forward to RoF, and Whis implies that it would take both n00b-SSB Goku AND n00b-SSB Vegeta to defeat Beerus.
-Fast-forward to just after the Zamasu arc(set AFTER Goku/Vegeta had trained in the RoSaT for a few days/years AND received multiple zenkais from all the battles they'd been involved in since RoF), and Beerus can casually one-arm ragdoll FPSSB Vegeta after becoming slightly annoyed.
-Fast-forward to the Zen Exhibition Match, and Goku is absolutely awestruck by the power/skill Beerus is displaying against the other GoDs, and flat-out states that he couldn't possibly hope to compete with him.
-Fast-forward to the Broly film(set AFTER the zenkais that would've been received following the ToP), and the director implies in an interview that Beerus is still above even MUI Goku.
-In the film itself, Goku STILL used Beerus' power as a measuring stick for Broly's power, despite all of the hyper-powerful warriors he had encountered at the ToP that he could have used instead(inc. Jiren, who was explicitly shown at the beginning of the film.)

My personal scaling is as follows:
SSB Gogeta > FPSSJ Broly ~/> Beerus > everyone else.

*Not factoring in Moro right now, because I'm still not sure where he stands.

Didn't frieza say his gold form had a power level of about 300 million or something? Makes all the gains the saiyans posst namek through broly super in a more manageable scale that makes the 70% mark pretty accurate.

NewGuy01
He said 1.3 million, lmao.

Galan007
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Didn't frieza say his gold form had a power level of about 300 million or something? Makes all the gains the saiyans posst namek through broly super in a more manageable scale that makes the 70% mark pretty accurate. Nah the 70% thing has clearly been retconned.

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He said 1.3 million, lmao. so beerus could technically be running at a power level of only about 1.7 million. I mean, if second form frieza was only 1 mil, that mean 4th form frieza, cell, and, buu ar within a couple hundred thousand of eachother and yet the difference in power is massive.

Galan007
The more logical assumption is that Freeza's 1.3m estimation was retconned, as it wasn't mentioned during the DBS retelling of RoF.

Freeza/DBS: "I wonder what would happen if I were to undergo training, and bring out all of my latent ability? By my estimation, if I were to train hard for four months, I would be able to easily surpass those insects... I look forward to seeing the results in four months."

NotAllThatEvil
So they either retcon both the 1.3 powerlevel statement and the 70% statement, or the power scale is simply much smaller than we though

DeadpoolXXX
they def. retconed it.

the powerscale has done nothing but increase over the years. obv.

StiltmanFTW
Or maybe Tori and Toei just love to troll their fans...?

Galan007
Toriyama is lazy and has the mind of an alzheimers patient.

Needless to say, nerds like me put WAY more thought into this stuff than he EVER has or EVER will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.