Sharing means caring.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
The law says what the laws says, but does anyone really take playing Pacman on Mame seriously, as far as crimes go?

I've heard software developers say "Just play it on MAME."

Plus it's kind of an unenforceable law. It's like mix tapes, how are the authorities ever gonna find out?

Don't get me wrong, I've rethought Sega Genesis collections more times then I can count. Own two copies of the Genesis collection on the PS2 in fact, plus one on the 360, plus one on Steam.

I also own the Metal Slug Anthology, several Atari 2600 discs and a Flashback, an Intellivision Lives disc, a bunch of arcade discs. So I'm not exactly against supporting developers or companies here.

I just think a law that say you can't copy a Doom WAD for a friend is a very, very stupid law. I paid for those Steam roms, but I can't give them away, or "share" them?

And if, by some magic, I could let someone play ONE existing copy of a game, I bet that would be illegal on "exebition" grounds, like showing a public movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.