Supermans heat vision vs Wolverines Adamantium and Caps shield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
I say it destroys them.

Because it was established in The Weird that heat vision works in a molecular level. And adamantium cutting lasers work by manipulating molecules.

StiltmanFTW
He fails to do any damage to either of them.

Cd drinks himself to death.

carver9
Nothing

BrolyBlack
Melts it down

h1a8
Wait. Wouldn't adamantium melt when subjected to the heat of a star?

Adam Grimes
What about heat to seal back reality itself?

Both thingies melt the phuck down.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by h1a8
Wait. Wouldn't adamantium melt when subjected to the heat of a star?

It was subjected to it and it was fine thumb up

You never held a comic book in your filthy hands, h1.

h1a8
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It was subjected to it and it was fine thumb up

You never held a comic book in your filthy hands, h1.

My fault, that was Mjolnir right. It got destroyed in the sun and also forged in one.

carver9
I thought Wolverine along with the Phoenix got dumped inside of a sun and Wolverine was ok afterwards? Once Adamantium is harder, it's completely indestructible.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
I thought Wolverine along with the Phoenix got dumped inside of a sun and Wolverine was ok afterwards? Once Adamantium is harder, it's completely indestructible.

That would mean no force in the omniverse can destroy it and that it is more durable than Cap's shield.

The former is simply untrue.

darthgoober
Originally posted by h1a8
That would mean no force in the omniverse can destroy it and that it is more durable than Cap's shield.

The former is simply untrue.
I disagree with carv that it's truly indestructible, but even if it were it wouldn't mean that no force in the omniverse could destroy it. Anyone who's powers function outside the realm of conventional reality would still have the potential to damage/destroy it because things like magic and reality warping function according to different rules than science.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm
I say it destroys them.

Because it was established in The Weird that heat vision works in a molecular level. And adamantium cutting lasers work by manipulating molecules.

All your logic does is repeat the word molecule repeatedly.

All heat works on a molecular level. A candle also heats things up... on a molecular level.

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
All your logic does is repeat the word molecule repeatedly.

All heat works on a molecular level. A candle also heats things up... on a molecular level.

True, but I'm using the term the same way comic books do. wink. Think Asgardian Destroyers "Molecular Rippers" he used on Immortal Thor.

For some reason, putting molecules in the sentence grants his HV the ability to harm Weird in his intangible form.

And when it comes to Adamantium, they do have devices that can alter them, with the word "Molecule" in it.

DarkSaint85
True, but I'm using the term the same way comic books do. wink. Think Asgardian Destroyers "Molecular Rippers" he used on Immortal Thor.

For some reason, putting molecules in the sentence grants his HV the ability to harm Weird in his intangible form.

And when it comes to Adamantium, they do have devices that can alter them, with the word "Molecule" in it.

It just means that he can affect intangible molecules.

Wjcih adamantium isn't made of anyway, so moot.

cdtm
It just means that he can affect intangible molecules.

Wjcih adamantium isn't made of anyway, so moot.

Molecules are molecules.

DarkSaint85
Molecules are molecules.

So we're back to my original point.

A candle ALSO heats molecules up. Doesn't mean it's melting adamantium.

And if you want to use comic logic, molecules are NOT molecules - otherwise Gambit can affect organic molecules, and Firestorm (all iterations) can affect organics.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by carver9

Not true. hulk broke Adamantiun

cdtm
Supermans heat vision also sealed up a hole in the universe.

And destroyed Blaze's realm, in hell.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-7b17ea26a5a145eb6c52c40631bc49b3

Jimmy Olson: "That's like attacking a shark with a squirt gun!"

*Entire mystical realm begins to fall apart*

This thing in fact happened, and everyone from Raven to Doctor Fate felt the collapse. No explanation was given as to why this worked, except from Jimmy who doesn't really know anything about anything ("It must have unraveled a delicate cosmic balance!" Suuure it did, Jimmy. A match lighter would do the same thing, I'm sure.)

Point is, his HV affects an awful lot of things to be stopped by mere metal.

carver9
Lol

qwertyuiop1998

This thing in fact happened, and everyone from Raven to Doctor Fate felt the collapse. No explanation was given as to why this worked, except from Jimmy who doesn't really know anything about anything ("It must have unraveled a delicate cosmic balance!" Suuure it did, Jimmy. A match lighter would do the same thing, I'm sure.)

Point is, his HV affects an awful lot of things to be stopped by mere metal. And Raven even thinking it only could be accomplished by Trigon himself

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Not true. hulk broke Adamantiun

laughing out loud

You really know how to tease him.

DarkSaint85

So.....PIS?

cdtm
So.....PIS?

Well, it was a pretty major plot point. And it's consistent to Superman as a character, the same way it isn't PIS that the Monitor's claimed nothing can contain, bottle, or hold refined Bleed, yet Superman did.

DarkSaint85
Major plot point doesn't mean it's not PIS. But as you say, no explanation was given, it just happened, despite it being pretty impossible to occur.

So PIS.

darthgoober

I'd agree with your assessment in most cases, but we're talking about adamantium and Cap's shield. Ain't nothing "mere" about those metals lol

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by darthgoober
Ain't nothing "mere" about those metals lol

thumb up

https://i.ibb.co/Vtqfwvp/mask1.png

https://i.ibb.co/JsRng9k/claws1.png

abhilegend
Yeah, not seeing Superman destroying either.

Where is that from stilt?

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine: First Class.

Issue 14 (story starts one issue earlier).

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, not seeing Superman destroying either.

Where is that from stilt?

And here I was about to say he could on his higher end showings. I mean Thor's one and only eye laser showing that I know of melted Logan.

abhilegend
Oh he could if we go by his strength showings on high end feats. Not by HV though.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
And here I was about to say he could on his higher end showings. I mean Thor's one and only eye laser showing that I know of melted Logan.

That was Odinforce King Thor and why we suddenly count it as canon?

PS. He damaged Thor's eye and chopped off his arm in a single swipe before the eyeblast.

Classic NES
Didn't heatvision provide the portion of energy for a big bang once?

Classic NES
That was Odinforce King Thor and why we suddenly count it as canon?

PS. He damaged Thor's eye and chopped off his arm in a single swipe before the eyeblast.

That's cause strange used an enchantment to seal his power they attacked. Not that it matters, the reigning isn't 616.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Classic NES
That's cause strange used an enchantment to seal his power they attacked. Not that it matters, the reigning isn't 616.

Strange did that AFTER Wolverine attacked.

Diesldude

Classic NES
Strange did that AFTER Wolverine attacked.

You sure? I'm pretty sure it was before.

DarkSaint85
It was after.

https://i.postimg.cc/yxtFmsxx/RCO015.jpg

cdtm
https://www.google.com/search?q=antartic+vibranium+how+works&oq=antartic+vibranium+how+works&aqs=chrome..69i57.14062j0j7&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

It should bust up those molecular bonds just like anti-metal does.

This is the very same logic that allowed Raiden to decapitate Logan with a "high frequency sword" that works on the molecular level. according to Death Battle.

DarkSaint85
Anti metal does it through means that are not understood, as per your link and quote lol.

So not sure why HV can do it.

darthgoober
It was after.

I never really understood why people say Wolverine cut off Thor's arm. You can still see the arm/hand attached when he toasts Logan...

DarkSaint85
Because the next time we see it, it's gone. Maybe it's hanging by skin or he's holding it up.

Also, when Logan cuts the slashes are seen to be through the arm.

Those are the two main arguments.

darthgoober
Because the next time we see it, it's gone. Maybe it's hanging by skin or he's holding it up.

Also, when Logan cuts the slashes are seen to be through the arm.

Those are the two main arguments.
Yeah but we see Wolverine die and it's still attached. The fact that he lost it at some point during the off panel fight afterwards doesn't mean that it was because of Wolverine.

Classic NES
It was after.

I see.

StiltmanFTW
I never really understood why people say Wolverine cut off Thor's arm. You can still see the arm/hand attached when he toasts Logan...

And the next time we see him, he's missing said arm stick out tongue What a coincidence.

Apparently it was made useless and hanging on a few threads. Either Thor ripped it off himself or it came off during the battle with Grimm and Banner.

darthgoober
And the next time we see him, he's missing said arm stick out tongue What a coincidence.

Apparently it was made useless and hanging on a few threads. Either Thor ripped it off himself or it came off during the battle with Grimm and Banner.
Hey I'm not saying that Wolverine didn't damage the thing at all, simply pointing out that he didn't actually cut the thing off. He may have very well cut a good way through it then at some point in the ensuing fight Hulk and Thing each grabbed an arm and then pulled really hard or something.

StiltmanFTW
Hey I'm not saying that Wolverine didn't damage the thing at all, simply pointing out that he didn't actually cut the thing off. He may have very well cut a good way through it then at some point in the ensuing fight Hulk and Thing each grabbed an arm and then pulled really hard or something.

Yeah, I see what you are saying - since it wasn't shown on panel, we can't be sure what happened.

We don't see the arm when Thing and Hulk tackle him, but that may be because of his cape.

What we do know is that - on-panel - Wolverine was responsible for damaging said arm (busted Thor's eye up somehow, too).

Marvel editors probably didn't want any gore scenes in the book. When Wolverine is murdering pathetic Asgardians there, it's also pretty much censored:

https://i.ibb.co/N7tqRD3/reigningwolverine.png

celeyhyga17
Adamantium Phoenix
http://i.imgur.com/xi35bIEm.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/KFTFxdRm.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Poor Thor needed f*cking Odinforce to reach Chulk's level laughing out loud

cdtm

I always figured Hulk and Grimm is how he lost an arm.

StiltmanFTW
Had no idea you were so fond of them wink

It's obvious Wolverine did most of the work.

cdtm
Anti metal does it through means that are not understood, as per your link and quote lol.

So not sure why HV can do it.

You'd take the fun out of Death Battle. sad

cFm982JyE4A

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine's neck alone has better feats than Raiden whose only real feat is stealing MK god of thunder's name and not getting sued afterwards stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.