Weakest character who can beat Superman for a majority?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordGod
@Mods
This is -not- intended as a bait or troll thread.

Given......well......everything, I am truthfully curious what the opinions are on who can actually beat current Superman in a forum match?

Serious responses only please.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by LordGod

https://tinyurl.com/yx746tx7

I'd say Captain Marvel (Shazam), but I'm too young to be crucified.

So... Darkseid, maybe?

carver9
Let's use this list as an example.

Adam Warlock, Annihilus (/w/ CCR), Asmodel, Atrocitus, Brimstone, Cyborg Superman, Despero, Doomsday (DOS), Doomsday (Gog Wars), The Eradicator (Fortress Mode), Firestorm, Flash (Barry Allen, Wally West, Bart Allen), Genis-Vell, Godspeed, Grail, Grand Regent Thragg, Green Lanterns (Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner), Helspont, Imperiex Probes, John Constantine, Majestic, Maxima, Obsidian, Orion, Plutonian, Quasar, Qztr, Sentry (no Void), Silver Surfer, Sinestro, Spartan 3.0, Starbrand, Starro the Conqueror, Talisman, Thor, The Weird, Ultraman, Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Zod, Zoom (Hunter Solomon)

The only characters I can see that could POSSIBLY pull a majority (with some guarantees) are...

Sentry
Silver Surfer
Sinestro
Zod (split)
Adam Warlock
Plutonian
Zatanna
Zoom
Helspont
Grail
Flash
Hal (possibly)
Cyborg Superman (split)
Genis

I havent seen a ft YET without any amps, that beats Surfer ft of taking on Knull, WHILE WEAKENED, and creating suns and crap.

BrolyBlack
^So basically everyone in your opinion can beat Superman....whats new..

carver9
Originally posted by BrolyBlack

Not everyone. Then I said POSSIBLY. Possibly means "not a guarantee".

CosmicComet
not a single person on carver's list that's for sure.

StiltmanFTW

He excluded plenty, it's not a bad list.

Though I doubt even goober would support Adam Warlock, as he admits his main feats are character moments and monologues, when he's talking about his butthole's role in the universe and such.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by CosmicComet
not a single person on carver's list that's for sure.

thumb up

Diesldude
He destroyed a planet by just jumping off it while not even being able to fly. Had his way with both supergirl and king Shazam at the same time. The king Shazam that was beating up on all the dc gods.
He just fought apex lex with his totality to a stand still. None of those guys in carvers list are beating him. He could, if he wanted to, choke and squeeze the life out any of the guys with one hand.

cdtm
Another current Superman.

StiltmanFTW
Hulk.

cdtm
Hulk can't fly. Superman can just juggle him in the air forever.

carver9
One mistake I made in my post, I said Surfer ft was insane, I think Hulk ft of thunder clap dropping TOBA is a FAR better ft. Still, Surfer ft is still insane.

Sin I AM
@Mods
This is -not- intended as a bait or troll thread.

Given......well......everything, I am truthfully curious what the opinions are on who can actually beat current Superman in a forum match?

Alot of characters can...he can still be beaten.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9

Adam Warlock, Annihilus (/w/ CCR), Asmodel, Atrocitus, Brimstone, Cyborg Superman, Despero, Doomsday (DOS), Doomsday (Gog Wars), The Eradicator (Fortress Mode), Firestorm, Flash (Barry Allen, Wally West, Bart Allen), Genis-Vell, Godspeed, Grail, Grand Regent Thragg, Green Lanterns (Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner), Helspont, Imperiex Probes, John Constantine, Majestic, Maxima, Obsidian, Orion, Plutonian, Quasar, Qztr, Sentry (no Void), Silver Surfer, Sinestro, Spartan 3.0, Starbrand, Starro the Conqueror, Talisman, Thor, The Weird, Ultraman, Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Zod, Zoom (Hunter Solomon)

The only characters I can see that could POSSIBLY pull a majority (with some guarantees) are...

Sentry
Silver Surfer
Sinestro
Zod (split)
Adam Warlock
Plutonian
Zatanna
Zoom
Helspont
Grail
Flash
Hal (possibly)
Cyborg Superman (split)
Genis

I havent seen a ft YET without any amps, that beats Surfer ft of taking on Knull, WHILE WEAKENED, and creating suns and crap. The OP asks who is the weakest character that you think can beat Superman for a majority in a forum fight.

If you think there are multiple characters who can beat him, that's fine... But who is the WEAKEST individual being who can do so, iyo..?

That's what the thread is asking.

carver9
Hal

cdtm
Hal

laughing

SquallX
Hal

Oh Carver. laughing

MrMind
TOAA

carver9
Originally posted by SquallX
Oh Carver. laughing

Theres no winning. People were saying earlier this yr that Hal was trans tier and could beat Thanos and Odin (even though I disagreed). Funny people.

StiltmanFTW
Well, to be fair, Hal did punk Zod...

LordGod
Hal You don't think Superman could just blitz him before he had a chance to think about using his ring?

StiltmanFTW
Zod was powered by 2 suns, wasn't he?

And Hal still beat his ass sad

carver9
You don't think Superman could just blitz him before he had a chance to think about using his ring?

Hal destroyed Zod when he stopped holding back. The same Zod fought evenly against Superman every single time.

StiltmanFTW
I really did not expect Hal to win that fight.

I mean, this is the same idiot who slips in the bathroom and knocks himself the f*ck out on a daily basis... no expression

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Zod was powered by 2 suns, wasn't he?

And Hal still beat his ass sad

Would that happen in a forum fight, though?

StiltmanFTW
Depending on the forum mood, it'd be either "the ring can do anything. ANYTHING." or more pedestrian "lmao speedblitz combo-to-ko ftw".

lawest9
Originally posted by Diesldude
He destroyed a planet by just jumping off it while not even being able to fly. Had his way with both supergirl and king Shazam at the same time. The king Shazam that was beating up on all the dc gods.
He just fought apex lex with his totality to a stand still. None of those guys in carvers list are beating him. He could, if he wanted to, choke and squeeze the life out any of the guys with one hand.

carver9
Originally posted by lawest9

confused

SquallX
Theres no winning. People were saying earlier this yr that Hal was trans tier and could beat Thanos and Odin (even though I disagreed). Funny people.

Remember your list? Hal is far higher than half of those names mentioned.

carver9

This is YOUR opinion and you're entitled to it.

lawest9
Surfer, Thor possibly

carver9
Originally posted by lawest9
Surfer, Thor possibly

Sentry just took on some of the most powerful Heralds BY HIMSELF and they couldnt hold him. Then, before this he was outright destroying Bill's and tore a hole with his bare hands from a dimension to another dimension. I highly doubt anyone below Odin is stopping Sentry.

DarkSaint85
Except Susan Storm.....

MrMind

I don't even have to look on his list to know Hal is higher than 80 percent of his list

Hal is the one of the most powerful high herald if not the most

I think our tier list is there for a reason, Superman is considedred too powerful for trans tier yet people are arguing for herald level can beat him? replace Superman's name with say Odin or SBP, he's absolutely on their level now. Would you see something like Odin vs Blue Marvel or SBP vs Terrax being made constantly?
Only Superman has this treatment, a lot of people don't accept him on that level and it's ok. the traditional opinion 8 years ago of Superman, Surfer, Thor, Hulk are on the same level as most powerful heralds is a false preconceived notion that is hard to shake off.

Carver just has a very low opinion of DC and high opinion of Marvel

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by MrMind

Hal is the one of the most powerful high herald if not the most

http://i.imgur.com/xJup8oA.jpg

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Except Susan Storm.....

lol she did good but not that good. Surfer probably could've taken him solo though

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol she did good but not that good. Surfer probably could've taken him solo though
Eh, having to simultaneously shield an entire planet and cloak it, for long periods of time (they'd been hiding for weeks or days or something like that), vs.....a fresh Susan, having had a good night's sleep and proper food and rest, without having to shield an entire planet.....I'd take her chances based on this showing.

carver9
I dont know why people are saying I have a high opinion if Marvel when almost everyone minus 3 people I gave the win over Superman are DC people. Lol

StiltmanFTW
a fresh Susan, having had a good night's sleep and proper food and rest

Susan sleeping with Namor in Atlantis = Susan away on vacation from her family... with lots and lots of prep time.

DarkSaint85
I dont know why people are saying I have a high opinion if Marvel when almost everyone minus 3 people I gave the win over Superman are DC people. Lol

Iyo, where do those three Marvel characters stand in relation to the DC characters?

carver9

Surfer is extremely weakened. He couldnt have taken anything. A group of Heralds couldnt even hold him.

MrMind

Sentry, Surfer, Adam Warlock, Genis, Plutonian

https://media1.giphy.com/media/xUPGcqaVH1cDeKZTBS/giphy.gif

https://media3.giphy.com/media/X7hOj3DP7oHONInfvl/giphy.gif

Your math teacher is rolling in his grave

I know you can't read carv, but look like you can't count either

carver9
Ok, I miss counted. Still more DC. I know next to nothing about Plutonian minus the fts Galan posted and talked about. So I dont know if hes Marvel or DC. I still dont think a lot of Marvel characters can beat Superman whereas I put more faith in DC characters either splitting or pulling a majority.

SquallX
Surfer is extremely weakened. He couldnt have taken anything. A group of Heralds couldnt even hold him.

And how many heralds have Superman taken again?

darthgoober

Though I doubt even goober would support Adam Warlock, as he admits his main feats are character moments and monologues, when he's talking about his butthole's role in the universe and such.
Yeah there's no way I'd support Warlock against Supes for the majority in a forum fight based on feats. In any given story I can accept Warlock accomplishing anything, but trying to support him on the forum is just... well it's a headache and a half because his stories never really seem to be about how powerful he is, they're about how cool he is. I always remember during the original IG saga when he started mouthing off to Galactus maybe 10 feet from G's head. G responds with an eye blast MEANT to kill Warlock which definitely looks like hit and engulfs the guy. Smoke clears, Warlocks apparently vaporized... but oh no, we then see Warlock sitting on top G's head without so much as a scratch talking shit again lol. I mean WTF, that's just f*cking boss. The guy strait up b*tched Meph inside of Hades and forced his unconditional surrender in a way that the likes of Thor and Surfer have never really been able to. Then again Herc beat his ass something fierce and it still seemed totally believable. I love the guy, but he's just not one who's well fitted for forum battles.

Philosophía
Remember that kid in primary school, who everybody knew was mentally the slowest of them all? And he used to say his dumb thoughts out loud and everybody, including the teacher, laughed at him, but in his slow mind he saw everybody giving him attention, so he thought he was doing something right?

At 40 years old, he's still in that state of existence.

Just a week ago, he was in a bathroom, making a photo with duck lips.

When people laughed at him he, being conditioned like that since his early days, thought that's approval.

He came upon a married woman in her 50s, rightfully named "SIN", and went "yo grl luk at ma sexy face wanna fuk haha yo nice phone"

If not for Delta3921381288321, swiftly calling the police, that nice old lady would have probably been stalked for ages. And who knows what this vagina-lips hound would have done to her.

People, he needs your help to snap him out of it.

carver9
Philo, hush, weirdo. Lol... you're so weird. Also, I didnt get made fun of in school. I was (and still is) loved.

h1a8
So more of a Superman hater, then DC next.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
So more of a Superman hater, then DC next.

Wouldnt say that. You couldve always asked why I picked those characters rather than make claims.

MrMind

Warlock is picked because he's the sexiest of them all

http://36.media.tumblr.com/d7faa39608f0e6c85465a347cdc51182/tumblr_monv6qVDi61rcppcro1_r3_500.jpg

darthgoober
OMG HOW DID I EVER FORGET ABOUT THANOS'S SWIMMING TRUNKS!? laughing out loud

Sin I AM

He's not weakened. He still can use his PC he's just intangible which is a plus considering you can't physically harm him.

@Saint. She hasn't portrayed the offensive output to hang with Heralds. It's impressive but an outlier

carver9
He's not weakened. He still can use his PC he's just intangible which is a plus considering you can't physically harm him.

@Saint. She hasn't portrayed the offensive output to hang with Heralds. It's impressive but an outlier

Huh? He isn't weakened? Where did you get this from? Didnt he mention that he is still weakened recently? I can find the scan but I want to see what your answer is going to be.

DarkSaint85
I still think a bubble in the brain would be sufficient to take many heralds out sneer

DarkSaint85
Iyo, where do those three Marvel characters stand in relation to the DC characters?

@Carver.

MrMind
Originally posted by darthgoober
OMG HOW DID I EVER FORGET ABOUT THANOS'S SWIMMING TRUNKS!? laughing out loud

from my eye estimate it's obvious Warlock has a bigger junk than the purple teletubbie

that's why when Thanos is trying his best to hit on Moondragon, she's looking thirsty towards Adam Warlock, we clearly see who's the chad of the group

Thanos wanting nigh-omnipotent power all the time is just overcompensation, jealous of Warlock's superior genetic

....wait what did I just type...

Sin I AM
Huh? He isn't weakened? Where did you get this from? Didnt he mention that he is still weakened recently? I can find the scan but I want to see what your answer is going to be.

He's not whole but I don't recall any scene where he says he was weakened. He just seems to be trapped in a phantom state. He can still blast and use his exotic abilities but no h2h which is a plus for him since his h2h isn't much to write home about.

I still think a bubble in the brain would be sufficient to take many heralds out sneer

Until she does it I won't believe it. BW recently threatened sue with a gun that could shoot thru her forcefields. Sue stood down. It was a bluff but if Sue was that powerful she'd had laughed it off

carver9
@Carver.

It's more than 3 but let's just pick Surfer, Warlock and Sentry.

I think that Sentry is above every single person on the list. Yes, he can beat Hulk as well (just wanted to add that). Surfer, I already said he is the Prime Herald but Zatanna could probably take him.

That leaves Warlock and the only, ONLY reason I give Warlock the edge is due to magic. Rebirth Superman showings against magic have been terrible. They made magic>>>Kryptonite under some writers. Take away Superman magic weakness and he outright annihilates Warlock.

DarkSaint85
It's more than 3 but let's just pick Surfer, Warlock and Sentry.

I think that Sentry is above every single person on the list. Yes, he can beat Hulk as well (just wanted to add that). Surfer, I already said he is the Prime Herald but Zatanna could probably take him.

That leaves Warlock and the only, ONLY reason I give Warlock the edge is due to magic. Rebirth Superman showings against magic have been terrible. They made magic>>>Kryptonite under some writers. Take away Superman magic weakness and he outright annihilates Warlock.

So basically, the reason why people say you are Marvel biased, is because despite naming more DC characters, you still place Marvel above them.

I'm sure you knew this. But just pointing it out. THIS is why.

carver9
So basically, the reason why people say you are Marvel biased, is because despite naming more DC characters, you still place Marvel above them.

I'm sure you knew this. But just pointing it out. THIS is why.

Out of the people I've named, where would you place Sentry and Surfer? I do not under, at all think Sentry should be Herald or even trans tier level, but, maybe you think different and that's ok. Who on my list can beat him? Also Surfer. Warlock, everyone on that list can beat him if they do not have any vulnerability to magic. You do know I knew why you was asking me that question?

Also, let's not pretend people dont know you are bias to DC.

DarkSaint85
This is not about me though.

I was replying directly to you saying you weren't Marvel biased..... because you named more DC characters.

I was pointing out the issue with that argument.

You literally said you didn't know why people said you were Marvel biased. I was helping you understand why.

carver9
But you calling me Marvel bias must mean you disagree with Surfer and Sentry being the chosen ones. I dont mind discussing this with you but I would love to know where you rank them among my list.

Sin I AM
Also want to point out that Bill had merged Sentry by the throat single-handed after Bob killed Nova.

DarkSaint85
But you calling me Marvel bias must mean you disagree with Surfer and Sentry being the chosen ones. I dont mind discussing this with you but I would love to know where you rank them among my list.

I didn't say I disagreed.

I said that just because you named fewer Marvel characters doesn't mean you're not Marvel biased.

Because you can place Marvel above all the others. That's how.

A refresher on what you posted. Lol.

carver9
Also want to point out that Bill had merged Sentry by the throat single-handed after Bob killed Nova.

He wasnt fighting back. He literally said on the same page he wasnt fighting them. Nice attempt.

carver9
I didn't say I disagreed.

I said that just because you named fewer Marvel characters doesn't mean you're not Marvel biased.

Because you can place Marvel above all the others. That's how.

A refresher on what you posted. Lol.

Make sense.

BrolyBlack

Surfer is a jobber, we know that, he isnt beating Superman.

carver9
Surfer is a jobber, we know that, he isnt beating Superman.

Who has he jobbed too recently?

BrolyBlack
I havent read his latest jobs eport, but Im sure its not incredible.

Sin I AM
I havent read his latest jobs eport, but Im sure its not incredible.

He hasn't jobbed. He's done well since Surfer black and arguably before in Thanos and his series from last year (although most of that wasn't combat feats).
He wasnt fighting back. He literally said on the same page he wasnt fighting them. Nice attempt.

He had him by the throat looked like he couldn't fight back. Those are two different scenes.

Anyway it's all irrelevant anyway. It would take a high end trans or skyfather type character, or something he hasn't truly faced to fight him solo.

lawest9
Very few people are beating Superman for a majority.

carver9
He hasn't jobbed. He's done well since Surfer black and arguably before in Thanos and his series from last year (although most of that wasn't combat feats).

He had him by the throat looked like he couldn't fight back. Those are two different scenes.

Anyway it's all irrelevant anyway. It would take a high end trans or skyfather type character, or something he hasn't truly faced to fight him solo.

He wasnt fighting them. We already saw a fight between him and Bill and Bill got destroyed. Even admitted he couldnt beat him.

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/47771403/SmartSelect_20191219-182811_Chrome.jpg.html

This wasnt even a complete Sentry. Lol... the Sentry that he was holding would outright destroy him. Your posts... laughing out loud

TheHulkster

Luther is beating the hell out of him before he gets help.

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Luther is beating the hell out of him before he gets help. No, He didn't , He forcing Lex to tap into all other negative forces to catch up
https://ibb.co/t4ht79B
https://ibb.co/7bjHvGT
https://ibb.co/Wc7qCr7

StiltmanFTW
Luther

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_small/0/77/1663728-4277_55636.jpg

MrMind
^I almost piss myself laughing out loud

Diesldude

It was an even fight.

Diesldude
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_small/0/77/1663728-4277_55636.jpg

laughing out loud that look says, boy keep me outta this.

Juntai

carver9

I'm just surprised no one have mentioned Batman yet. smile

Sin I AM
He wasnt fighting them. We already saw a fight between him and Bill and Bill got destroyed. Even admitted he couldnt beat him.

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/47771403/SmartSelect_20191219-182811_Chrome.jpg.html

This wasnt even a complete Sentry. Lol... the Sentry that he was holding would outright destroy him. Your posts... laughing out loud

You're an idiot. It wasn't a complete Sentry but it still has ALL Sentry's power. It's a common trope. Yea he was losing but he didn't lose. Bill said he couldn't beat him just before he bfred his ass to the neg dimension just like Thor said he couldn't beat Nul right before he bfred his ass to outer space. If you can't overcome an Asgardian hammer you ain't shit. You're such a waste of time.

carver9
You're an idiot. It wasn't a complete Sentry but it still has ALL Sentry's power. It's a common trope. Yea he was losing but he didn't lose. Bill said he couldn't beat him just before he bfred his ass to the neg dimension just like Thor said he couldn't beat Nul right before he bfred his ass to outer space. If you can't overcome an Asgardian hammer you ain't shit. You're such a waste of time.

What kind of post is this? Bill's bfred him because he couldnt beat him. This is obvious common sense. Remove an opponent off the battlefield if you stand no chance of winning. It's like saying Superman is superior to HP Doomsday because he bfred him. Lol, no. Superman removed him from the battle field because he couldnt defeat him. Smart tactic.

It did have Sentry power but it was not complete. Sorry Pookie. At the end of the day, Bill's was getting CRUSHED by Sentry AND ADMITTED HE COULDNT BEAT HIM. So you even MENTIONING Bills holding a Sentry that said a page before that he isnt fighting them AND the entire group of High Herald heroes INCLUDING BILLS couldnt even hold him for a freaking panel, makes your statement laughable. Stop trying so hard. You do this all of the time. I'm surprised you didnt mention "Sentry is all hype" like you tend to do with other characters.

Diesldude

CatL18
It depends how do you interpret Doomsdayclock.
If we interpret Doomsdayclock as it is written, No one in comics genre can defeat Superman perfectly because Superman is the one of Superhero genre in neo platonic sense.
Everything comes from him.

If we go by only feat, Quite a few character can defeat him.

TheHulkster
It was an even fight.

That's even?

https://ibb.co/Wc7qCr7

TheHulkster
laughing out loud that look says, boy keep me outta this.

Spell check gets us all.

qwertyuiop1998
That's even?

https://ibb.co/Wc7qCr7 Yeap, His fight with Superman push him to limit, Luthor later gets oneshotted by Superman alongside wtih WW and Batman( Whom he just casually beat before)

shadowknight

Sentry
Silver Surfer
Sinestro
Zod (split)
Adam Warlock
Plutonian
Zatanna
Zoom
Helspont
Grail
Flash
Hal (possibly)
Cyborg Superman (split)
Genis

I havent seen a ft YET without any amps, that beats Surfer ft of taking on Knull, WHILE WEAKENED, and creating suns and crap. DO YOU EVER READ SM COMICS? Because SM has beaten most of the people on the DC side you listed.

carver9
Originally posted by shadowknight
DO YOU EVER READ SM COMICS? Because SM has beaten most of the people on the DC side you listed.

Lol... yes I read Superman comics. Anyways, show me him beating...

Zoom
Rebirth Zod
Sinestro
Helspont
Zatanna
Grail
Flash
Rebirth Cyborg Superman

You said he has beaten majority of them. Show me or give me an issue number.

BrolyBlack

carver9
Who said anything about him NOT being able to beat Cyborg Superman? Reread my post.

BrolyBlack
You need to re read your own post you hapless foolsmile

carver9
You need to re read your own post you hapless foolsmile

What does "split" mean to you?

BrolyBlack

carver9
He said Superman have beaten them IN COMICS. So I want him to post it. Sigh.

Lol... it's ok if you think Superman could pull a majority against Cyborg. The only reason i said split is due to Superman saying him and Cyborg are physical equals.

TheHulkster

Do you apply that trope to the split Superman? Is New 52 and Post Crisis each just as powerful as Reborn?

DarkSaint85
Do you apply that trope to the split Superman? Is New 52 and Post Crisis each just as powerful as Reborn?

Neither n52 nor Post Crisis Superman were shown as powerless as clinging to a rock floating around ......

MrMind
^ thumb uplaughing out loud logic checkmate

Sin I AM
What kind of post is this? Bill's bfred him because he couldnt beat him. This is obvious common sense. Remove an opponent off the battlefield if you stand no chance of winning. It's like saying Superman is superior to HP Doomsday because he bfred him. Lol, no. Superman removed him from the battle field because he couldnt defeat him. Smart tactic.

It did have Sentry power but it was not complete. Sorry Pookie. At the end of the day, Bill's was getting CRUSHED by Sentry AND ADMITTED HE COULDNT BEAT HIM. So you even MENTIONING Bills holding a Sentry that said a page before that he isnt fighting them AND the entire group of High Herald heroes INCLUDING BILLS couldnt even hold him for a freaking panel, makes your statement laughable. Stop trying so hard. You do this all of the time. I'm surprised you didnt mention "Sentry is all hype" like you tend to do with other characters.

Again you seem to not understand comic book basics. BFR is a win. Every fight does not need to be a slug-fest to the death. When Juggernaut and WWH faced each other and Hulk couldn't beat him physically he removed him from the battlefield. Do you not consider this a win? It's a W because its a viable tactic and shows that you have the incredible ability to simply remove the threat from the field ON YOUR OWN TERMS. Also you have quite a few immortal characters , super regen characters (Hulk), evolving characters (HP DD) that cant be defeated any other way than removing them. You yourself often create threads removing bfr because you don't want your pet characters to lose. Also until a character does something that proves they aren't all hype then they are all hype...we go by feats here not conjecture

Terrible analogy. Bob was powerless, Clark was not.

carver9
Again you seem to not understand comic book basics. BFR is a win. Every fight does not need to be a slug-fest to the death. When Juggernaut and WWH faced each other and Hulk couldn't beat him physically he removed him from the battlefield. Do you not consider this a win? It's a W because its a viable tactic and shows that you have the incredible ability to simply remove the threat from the field ON YOUR OWN TERMS. Also you have quite a few immortal characters , super regen characters (Hulk), evolving characters (HP DD) that cant be defeated any other way than removing them. You yourself often create threads removing bfr because you don't want your pet characters to lose. Also until a character does something that proves they aren't all hype then they are all hype...we go by feats here not conjecture

Terrible analogy. Bob was powerless, Clark was not.

Same panel he admits he couldnt beat Sentry PHYSICALLY but then under the same breath you try to use a PHYSICAL SHOWING of Bill's holding Sentry by the neck as a downplay when again BILLS ADMITTED HE CAN NOT BEAT SENTRY IN A PHYSICAL CONFRONTATION. So yes, Bill bfring an opponent he could not beat is understanding but you using a PHYSICAL showing even though we saw how that PHYSICAL CONFRONTATION went between the two already, makes your point moot. Try again.

BrolyBlack
Please stop randomly CAPATLIZING things, it scares me.

ShadowFyre
Ok, so at this point, you can just hold up both hands and thats about how many people can go feat for feat with Superman in all of comicdoom. That's just the reality of it. That is also why I personally think he is such a bad character and It feel like if he hasn't dropped multiple universal level beings in under a femtosecond then he is jobbing and it's PIS, which in my opinion makes for bad storytelling.

And before y'all crucify me and say " I just don't think you have read many Superman comics" actually, we have this thing called the character ownage thread where I've gotten to read damn near all of his appearances for years so don't get all butthurt. Its just an opinion. I respect his power, just not him.

And it's hilarious watching people call Carver biased when they are obviously heavily biased towards DC and always shit on Marvel characters all the time. Is he biased? Shit yeah he is, but so are a lot of you so it's kinda hypocritical.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Ok, so at this point, you can just hold up both hands and thats about how many people can go feat for feat with Superman in all of comicdoom. That's just the reality of it. That is also why I personally think he is such a bad character and It feel like if he hasn't dropped multiple universal level beings in under a femtosecond then he is jobbing and it's PIS, which in my opinion makes for bad storytelling.

And before y'all crucify me and say " I just don't think you have read many Superman comics" actually, we have this thing called the character ownage thread where I've gotten to read damn near all of his appearances for years so don't get all butthurt. Its just an opinion. I respect his power, just not him.

And it's hilarious watching people call Carver biased when they are obviously heavily biased towards DC and always shit on Marvel characters all the time. Is he biased? Shit yeah he is, but so are a lot of you so it's kinda hypocritical.

As much as I might disagree with the idea of disliking someone because of their power level, everyone's entitled to their own reasons. So, fair enough I guess.

The ownage thread by it's very definition is about feats more than story though. Large parts of lots of the comics don't get uploaded.

Sin I AM
Same panel he admits he couldnt beat Sentry PHYSICALLY but then under the same breath you try to use a PHYSICAL SHOWING of Bill's holding Sentry by the neck as a downplay when again BILLS ADMITTED HE CAN NOT BEAT SENTRY IN A PHYSICAL CONFRONTATION. So yes, Bill bfring an opponent he could not beat is understanding but you using a PHYSICAL showing even though we saw how that PHYSICAL CONFRONTATION went between the two already, makes your point moot. Try again.

Once again...Did Bill use stormbreaker to bfr Void? Yes. Is that considered a forum win? Yes. Did Bill get his ass beat in the process? Yes. So even if it's a tech win, is it still considered a win? Yes. Did it take a bunch of heavy hitters to restrain Void? Yes, Carol, Bill, Kallark, Darkhawk (lol), etc... What does all this mean? Nothing. Because even though Void managed to tear a hole into a dimension he still failed to breach Sue's shield. Even though he kicked Bills teeth in he still got punked by mjolnir-lite. Even though it took 6 people to hold him he still got man-handled by one. But let's move on

Back on topic

In regards to Superman I actually agree with you. I think there are some characters that can beat him. Not because of the meta stuff DDC put out but because simply he reminds me Rocky. He gets knocked down and he gets back up and even though he may he can be beaten, ultimately he will win. But like Rock he can lose. My two cents

carver9
Yes, let's move on because your post didnt make one bit of sense.

Adam Grimes

And it's hilarious watching people call Carver biased when they are obviously heavily biased towards DC and always shit on Marvel characters all the time. Is he biased? Shit yeah he is, but so are a lot of you so it's kinda hypocritical. This must be the dumbest argument I've read today. Lol at knowing a character solely because you've seen scans from them in the OT.

Philosophía
As a christmas present, I'm taking you off ignore to beat that ass a bit. Merry Christmas juicy :*
He said Superman have beaten them IN COMICS. So I want him to post it. Sigh.

Lol... it's ok if you think Superman could pull a majority against Cyborg. The only reason i said split is due to Superman saying him and Cyborg are physical equals.

It's not an opinion that Superman would beat Cyborg Superman - he repeatedly has done so. There is no such thing as "Rebirth Cyborg" -- he's the same Cyborg since his inception in Reign of Supermen. Cyborg and him aren't physical equals, anymore than everybody who's hitting Superman is 'the hardest he's ever been hit' - Superman gives carvy lips service the same way you switch phones -- whenever he feels like it.

carver9
Never depicted Superman as a liar. Guess this means we cant trust anything he say. If Superman is a liar, I feel confident the characters around him are liars as well which makes a lot of things questionable. To bad I dont depict Superman as a bold face liar and usually take his word for things. With that said, since he did say him and Cyborg are physical equals, I'll believe him. Lol and yes, he will beat Cyborg Superman, hes suppose to. Crazy thing is, I cant find a single showing of him/Rebirth Superman beating Zod though. Maybe he doesnt have the carver9 lips to do it.

Philosophía
Never depicted Superman as a liar. Guess this means we cant trust anything he say. If Superman is a liar, I feel confident the characters around him are liars as well which makes a lot of things questionable. To bad I dont depict Superman as a bold face liar and usually take his word for things. There's a large gap from Superman giving lip service, and "we don't trust anything, ever!!", you sad doofus. Clark is notorious for saying every punch is the hardest he's been hit, and any character is the greatest ever.

With that said, since he did say him and Cyborg are physical equals, I'll believe him. Lol and yes, he will beat Cyborg Superman, hes suppose to. Crazy thing is, I cant find a single showing of him/Rebirth Superman beating Zod though. Maybe he doesnt have the carver9 lips to do it. Superman beating Cyborg Superman shows that you vagina-lips assessment that it's a split:
Lol... it's ok if you think Superman could pull a majority against Cyborg. The only reason i said split is due to Superman saying him and Cyborg are physical equals. ...is a blatant lie that is not supported.

Superman has easily speedblitzed and overpowered Cyborg Superman before:
https://i.ibb.co/D8Xx0B7/e8w-ZNGIG-b8gf0yyg-EF-drr-My7x-ASqa-WC0wc-Oh4u8-Z-m-Xl5-Qe54-RQ4-Nj-W6-FTc-Z10r-B47-Ma-YUabi-s1600.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/CwX0LMv/3rae-MT77-Ocx-Pcx1-Tm-od-Mp-Tv-x9o-TXf-YCyg-I3-U17x2-Zk-G4o5-T56o-KSf-UPcur0a8hae7-KBz-WQvx-P-s1600.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/WsvkqJy/VL7e3-El-P-f-Dws84-Sy-BUs-Ft-Crq-Sv-J3mc-TWBy6p-Wlqldok-EDdj0y-Kd-VS-j-IX920-Xwq7q-EUcy486n-Ic-s1600.jpg

---

https://i.ibb.co/rZcHRBx/to-IRTo-LBEee-E21-CQs8tj-Ho-NFy-TMYo-Xu-ROM4o1u-Vqm0-WFRgu-Kj2-Qxp85lr-Ot-Lly-HA-xht-Fz-Qx-U16-T-s1600.jpg https://i.ibb.co/nrL7nV9/q92-Vi-BQ5-M2-T9-REC9e-E5-AFz-Od-WYlo-Yd0u-UPtqxm-Ekrj-Msa1q-Ibgy-SJU40-Y542-R6qcq-J9-Hq-Na-RXjb-s1600.jpg https://i.ibb.co/Mg3c4WL/4-ZGc-CMPuceyy3e-AX2-d7-Cjjm5-DSCHAh-T-G7msh-O1-LBGD85r-CJj-ZUs2-EPPQNFLu-B6-M83-EEw3-Kgidk-s1600.jpg https://i.ibb.co/nPM0t0F/l-Friqffo-Wb2-Vwj9f-EXpvt-ZXe-Qpm-Blczl-S7-Mw-Yw8s-L2-Cku5g-Gq1n81jrj53t-Iu-W9t-Mfm-Taa-XTnt-C-s1600.jpg

Get down on your knees and beg for forgiveness.

MrMind

so you never actually read a superman's comic in your life. My suggestion is to read a comic bro

BrolyBlack

carver9
It's pointless responding to your post Philo. RECENTLY Superman admitted he needed to end a weakened Henshaw quick before he got his power back. W.e.a.k.e.n.e.d... and afterwards admitted that Henshaw is as fast and as strong as him. His statement seems pretty clear.

Philosophía
It's pointless responding to your post Philo. RECENTLY Superman admitted he needed to end a weakened Henshaw quick before he got his power back. W.e.a.k.e.n.e.d... and afterwards admitted that Henshaw is as fast and as strong as him. His statement seems pretty clear. Deja-vu. Are you a goldfish with 60 second memory, carvagina, or why do you keep saying the same thing? Superman gives lip service to everybody -- from Guy Gardner hitting harder than Doomsday, to Icon hitting harder than anybody Superman has ever faced etc. None of these are true -- that's called lip-service. In actual confrontations, Superman is stronger and faster than Cyborg Superman by a significant margin.

Your position in this thread is that it's a split. That position is wrong, based on actual evidence.

Don't make me get the whip.

On your knees and apologize.

staxamillion
razor ramon superman is the rao of krypton

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
This must be the dumbest argument I've read today. Lol at knowing a character solely because you've seen scans from them in the OT.

I haven't just seen scans from the ot, Superman and Spiderman were my heroes as a child. When DOS came out and he "died" I was ****ing horrified because as a kid I actually thought they were going to stop making Superman comics.

But I did just realize something as I am responding to this.. , I've never really disliked him or really any character until I started coming here and reading on comicvine. It's the superfans that have given m a strong dislike for him. The overwanking and always trying to hammer it into everybodies head how powerful he is.

Also, a common theme here is if you don't like Superman you have never read his comics. That's such a closeminded and ignorant way of thinking. Just because someone doesn't like what you like they know nothing about it?

And yes,I know Marvel fans do the same shit and I will call them out as well. It works both ways.

Carver bro, you are a great dude, but quit saying your not biased man. You absolutely are and it is entirely ok to be biased towards something, that is natural and perfectly ok, it's not ok when it clouds your judgement. Non-holding back Superman could steamroll multiple people on that list at the same time and he has already beaten a lot of them already. He is to a herald level character what a herald is to a street.

carver9
I've admitted I'm bias though. I love my Hulk, Thor, Gladiator, Surfer and Wolverine. I hate Thanos, dislike Superman, and cant stand Flash and think the Lanterns are overrated.

BrolyBlack
White Lanterns are not over rated. Neither is Ion. The rest are meh.

NemeBro
I haven't just seen scans from the ot, Superman and Spiderman were my heroes as a child. When DOS came out and he "died" I was ****ing horrified because as a kid I actually thought they were going to stop making Superman comics.

But I did just realize something as I am responding to this.. , I've never really disliked him or really any character until I started coming here and reading on comicvine. It's the superfans that have given m a strong dislike for him. The overwanking and always trying to hammer it into everybodies head how powerful he is.

Also, a common theme here is if you don't like Superman you have never read his comics. That's such a closeminded and ignorant way of thinking. Just because someone doesn't like what you like they know nothing about it?

And yes,I know Marvel fans do the same shit and I will call them out as well. It works both ways.

Carver bro, you are a great dude, but quit saying your not biased man. You absolutely are and it is entirely ok to be biased towards something, that is natural and perfectly ok, it's not ok when it clouds your judgement. Non-holding back Superman could steamroll multiple people on that list at the same time and he has already beaten a lot of them already. He is to a herald level character what a herald is to a street. Stop letting other people inform your analysis of a work of fiction.

Philosophía
There's zero change shadowfire was born when DoS came out.

cdtm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.