Star Wars Incels to Blame for Latest Hate on Disney?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Incels and sexism seem to be playing a role in this hate fest.

Trocity
That does seem to be the go-to excuse these days.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Trocity
That does seem to be the go-to excuse these days. And that seems the go-to reply from Incels.

Trocity
Why are you upset again, Adam?

Darth Thor
I am neither. This trilogy just has been stupid as hell. And I can give you a plethora of reasons for that. But yes, Rey is one of them. So if you want to jump on all the ST critics who demand Rey should have had more training, not been the most powerful Jedi ever for no reason, and should have faced some legit obstacles and had character development.... then sure accuse us all of being sexist.

samhain
An old white man was behind everything the whole time.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I am neither. This trilogy just has been stupid as hell. And I can give you a plethora of reasons for that. But yes, Rey is one of them. So if you want to jump on all the ST critics who demand Rey should have had more training, not been the most powerful Jedi ever for no reason, and should have faced some legit obstacles and had character development.... then sure accuse us all of being sexist. If Luke were written anything like Rey, he would have found a lightsaber somewhere out under some sand in ANH and then would have proceeded to kick Darth Vader's ass before ever even uttering a word to Obiwan. He would've then whooped Darth Vader's ass in ESB and ROTJ. laughing out loud

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Incels and sexism seem to be playing a role in this hate fest. Sexism is the reason female Ghostbusters failed, female Terminator failed, female Overboard failed, female Ocean's 11 failed, female Charlie's Angel's failed and will be the reason all-female Fight Club fails. So given all of this failure and wasted money that could have otherwise gone to something more productive like feeding the homeless, why not just start making movies that don't fail? laughing out loud

Adam Grimes
Why are you upset again, Adam? Is that your go-to, friend?

-Pr-
You make bad movies, you reap the rewards. These aren't some cinematic masterpieces getting a bad rap. They're unoriginal in their plotting, they misuse actors that are capable of far better (Isaac, Boyega and Driver have all turned in critically acclaimed performances in the past, and I'm sure Ridley is at least better than what we've seen), and they did the one thing they absolutely had to avoid: They shat on the legacy of the OT characters.

And yes, the prequels are still terrible in so many ways. But they have higher highs, as rare as they are. And some imagination.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by -Pr-
You make bad movies, you reap the rewards. These aren't some cinematic masterpieces getting a bad rap. They're unoriginal in their plotting, they misuse actors that are capable of far better (Isaac, Boyega and Driver have all turned in critically acclaimed performances in the past, and I'm sure Ridley is at least better than what we've seen), and they did the one thing they absolutely had to avoid: They shat on the legacy of the OT characters.

And yes, the prequels are still terrible in so many ways. But they have higher highs, as rare as they are. And some imagination.

I guess the same thing could be said about the Irishman

Trocity
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Is that your go-to, friend?

Just call it like I see it, Adam.

Another nap, I think.

steverules_2
I am neither. This trilogy just has been stupid as hell. And I can give you a plethora of reasons for that. But yes, Rey is one of them. So if you want to jump on all the ST critics who demand Rey should have had more training, not been the most powerful Jedi ever for no reason, and should have faced some legit obstacles and had character development.... then sure accuse us all of being sexist.

Agreed, I was all for a female Jedi but i hated the way she was written

-Pr-
I guess the same thing could be said about the Irishman

Could it? I haven't seen it. Does it continue on from another movie or series?

Robtard

Them and Disney's silly reaction to them thumb up

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Robtard
Them and Disney's silly reaction to them thumb up

Can you expand on that

Robtard
Absolutely.

Incels went "Waaa, whaaa, whaaa! Why is a nobody street-rat of a girl more powerful in the Force than my White male heroes!?" and Disney like the chasing-the-last-dollar fools they are went "There, there, my little loudest voice incels, we'll make her a Palpatine!"

dadudemon
I banged my sweetheart this morning, in my bed, in my house, where we both live.

I'm not an incel.

But Darth Thor already made my point so I'll just quote him and say these are my words, too:

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Sexism is the reason female Ghostbusters failed, female Terminator failed, female Overboard failed, female Ocean's 11 failed, female Charlie's Angel's failed and will be the reason all-female Fight Club fails. So given all of this failure and wasted money that could have otherwise gone to something more productive like feeding the homeless, why not just start making movies that don't fail? laughing out loud

Dude...Charlie's Angels was always female. lol

Silent Master
Originally posted by dadudemon
Dude...Charlie's Angels was always female. lol

Did you just assume their gender? evil face

Lighter332
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Sexism is the reason female Ghostbusters failed, female Terminator failed, female Overboard failed, female Ocean's 11 failed, female Charlie's Angel's failed and will be the reason all-female Fight Club fails. So given all of this failure and wasted money that could have otherwise gone to something more productive like feeding the homeless, why not just start making movies that don't fail? laughing out loud

Dude, fvcking exactly! Well said! thumb up thumb up

Surtur
Charlies Angels were always female and Charlie was always a guy.

Hey, who wants to guess about a plot twist from the remake? Lol.

Anyways, incels and sexism are easy to blame for those who are not very intelligent, but I just don't buy it. I'm sure some people who don't like the new direction this franchise headed in are incels, but the vast majority probably aren't.

Surtur
Absolutely.

Incels went "Waaa, whaaa, whaaa! Why is a nobody street-rat of a girl more powerful in the Force than my White male heroes!?" and Disney like the chasing-the-last-dollar fools they are went "There, there, my little loudest voice incels, we'll make her a Palpatine!"

Yeah, I just don't buy this is why they did what they did. I think it was the end of the trilogy and they were desperate.

I *do* think they listened to people about Rose tho. Rightfully so, just like it seems Lucas did when he barely used Jar Jar after episode 1.

Darth Thor
I think the Rey reveal would have worked much better in TLJ. But was a film too late here, and just came across as a forced retcon.

People were going crazy theorising on just that between TFA and TLJ. But not prior to this film, so the interest in that was already lost.

zeel

B....BBBB……..BBB.…..BBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB....RACISIM.

this excuse no longer works.
Lets face the facts. TLJ was horrible. TROS was basically a last minute rush patch to fix the previous movie and it failed.

zeel
Originally posted by zeel
B....bbbb……..BBB.…..BBB...BBBBBBBBBBBB....RACISIM.

this excuse no longer works.
Oh cut the shit. Lets face the facts. TLJ was horrible. TROS was basically a last minute rush patch to fix the previous movie and it failed.

We had three theaters with TROS and we just dropped one of them. This movie started tanking sunday morning. Its currently Monday around 6pm and we have two theaters mabey 1/4 full, TWO theaters! its Christmas vacation and the kids are still not going to see it.

Adam Grimes
Just call it like I see it, Adam.

Another nap, I think. You'll do it some day. Just keep trying, friend.

BrolyBlack
Absolutely.

Interesting take. I think people were going to ***** regardless of her background, wether she was a street rat or not. Which is very stupid.

SquallX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.