Force Users Tiers in Canon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
Considering the overall power of a force user, what are the current tiers in CANON according to you?

God Tier:
Full Potential Anakin
The Father
The Son
The Daughter

Demi God Tier:
Amped Rey
Darth Sidious
Yoda
Luke Skywalker
Bendu
Talzin

Legendary Tier:
Anakin/Vader
Windu
Dooku

Epic Tier:
Quinlan Vos
Obi Wan Kenobi
Darth Maul
Lord Momin (?)
Ahsoka Tano

Above Councilor Tier:
Savage Oppress
Assaj Ventress
Grevious
Kit Fisto
Plo Koon
Pong Krell

High Councilor Tier:
Kylo Ren
Kirak Infila
Cin Drallig
Shaak Ti
Rey

Mid Councilor Tier:
Ki Adi Mundi
Agen Kolar
Saeese Tiin
Eeth Koth

Low Councilor Tier
Adi Gallia
Stass Allie
Oppo Rancisis
Pablo Jill
Luminara Unduli

Elite Jedi Master Tier:
Barriss Offee
Aayla Secura
Kannan Jarrus
Grand Inquisitor
Taron Malikos
Jaro Tapal

Average Master Tier:
Most Jedi Masters
Cere Yunda
Jocasta Nu
Eno Cordova
Some of the strongest Inquisitors
Knights of Ren
Cal Kestis
Night sister Merrin

Average Jedi Knight Tier:
Most Jedi Knights
Ezra
Other Inquisitors

Average Padawan Tier:
Zett Jukassa
Other Padawans

Youngling Tier:
Sors Bandeam
Other Younglings

Lord Stark
The Knights of Ren are certainly not Jedi Master tier based on their feats.

Darth Thor
I mostly like the list. But id say:

1)Luke, Yoda and Talzin should have their own tier below Amped Rey and Palpatine.

2)And if Talzin is off Dathomir then maybe she belongs in the Legendary tier..

3)Also not certain Dooku belongs in Legendary. Although I admit he is hard to place probably being on the border of the two tiers you have named Legendary and Epic..

4)Kylo and Rey should probably be at least 1 tier higher.

5)You seem to have missed out Qui-Gon.

Darth Thor
^ Oh you missed out Snoke as well.

Scizard
Vader should really be a tier above Anakin imo.

Psychotron
Luke is waaaaay too high on that list. He has zero impressive feats in Disney canon. You can't put him in the same tier as Yoda, who can move a mountain in Disney canon.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Lord Stark
The Knights of Ren are certainly not Jedi Master tier based on their feats. Agreed, I placed them there because someone said the level of some inquisitors. But I'm ok with putting them down a tier

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Oh you missed out Snoke as well. 1) ok, makes sense that Sidious and Rey are one step higher than the others

2)Mmm ok. Was her fight against Sidious in SoD on Dathomir or was it another planet?

3) I think Dooku clearly has something more than a force user like Kenobi or Maul whom I consider the best of the epic tier. I think by hype and feats he should be closer to Windu than to Kenobi

4) Thought so. They are hard to gauge though because they amped each other (since they are dyads). Could they perform as well against other force users?

5) Oh right, Qui Gon should be tier with Fisto and Koon, unfortunately I can't edit it

6) About Snoke, I really don't know where to place him

Originally posted by Scizard
Vader should really be a tier above Anakin imo. You think so? RoTS Anakin was already pretty strong considering his fight against the Count, I'm not sure that Vader is one tier above him

Total Warrior
If you want to post your lists please do it smile

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Total Warrior

2)Mmm ok. Was her fight against Sidious in SoD on Dathomir or was it another planet?

Was on Dathomir...

Her fight with Mace however was off world.

Total Warrior
^Ok, I thought it was on Mandalore tbh. Yeah, she could be put alongside Mace

ares834

juggernaut74
We all know how bad@ss Windu is with the saber but what sort of force feats does he have?

Crushing Grievous' chest isn't canon anymore I heard though that was cool.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74

Crushing Grievous' chest isn't canon anymore I heard though that was cool.

He can deflect Palpatines lightning back (with his Saber at least), and he can crush multiple destroyer droids with a wave of his hand.

juggernaut74
He can deflect Palpatines lightning back (with his Saber at least), and he can crush multiple destroyer droids with a wave of his hand. I'm struggling to remember force feats from Windu but those are good. His light saber most likely was doing most of the work though.

Looking back a lot of his power seems to be lip service which is fine with me.

StiltmanFTW
I'm struggling to remember force feats from Windu but those are good

Disney or pre-Disney?

PS. Learn to use the search engine.

Darth Thor
His light saber most likely was doing most of the work though.

Doesnt work like that. Remember when Obi-Wan stopped Dookus lightning in AOTC with his Saber? But he literally only defended himself and did not deflect it back at Dooku.

Also remember Savage Opress could not even defend himself from Dookus lightning even with his Lightsaber.

So the Saber helps, but its still stopped or deflected back with the Force.

juggernaut74
Doesnt work like that. Remember when Obi-Wan stopped Dookus lightning in AOTC with his Saber? But he literally only defended himself and did not deflect it back at Dooku.

Also remember Savage Opress could not even defend himself from Dookus lightning even with his Lightsaber.

So the Saber helps, but its still stopped or deflected back with the Force. It was impressive but I wouldn't put it at a high level.

Yoda blocked that sh!t with his bare hands.

StiltmanFTW

Because, at that range, he could not possibly deflect it.

Mace was at point-blank when he was deflecting it back --- so it doesn't really count, same with Rey.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Because, at that range, he could not possibly deflect it.

Mace was at point-blank when he was deflecting it back --- so it doesn't really count, same with Rey.

Distance wasnt the issue given Yoda deflected it from the same distance, but with his hands.

It was impressive but I wouldn't put it at a high level.

Yeah... but thats Yoda. I was showing how the Force is clearly involved. The Saber doesnt do it on its own. Like deflecting blaster bolts. The better you are with the Force, the better you will deal with lightning.

StiltmanFTW

Only because Yoda was so pro and knew Force Absorb.

The Merchant
Bane should be in Vaders tier. His fact file article states he surpassed all Sith before him which would include Mommin.

StiltmanFTW
Distance wasnt the issue given Yoda deflected it from the same distance, but with his hands.

Exactly, using the Force.

Not the same as simply using the tool and counting for the best.

Both Mace and Rey were close to Palps when their sabers managed to deflect some of the lightning back at him.

Darth Thor
Exactly, using the Force.

Not the same as simply using the tool and counting for the best.

Both Mace and Rey were close to Palps when their sabers managed to deflect some of the lightning back at him.

Theres just nothing to suggest that Obi-Wan could deflect Palpatines though when he couldnt even deflect Dookus. Remember even Dooku deflected his own Lightning from that same distance (without a Saber even).

And theres nothing to suggest Dooku is Maces superior in the Force given how Palpatine was able to choke Dooku out from another system.

Total Warrior

Darth Thor
^ Pretty sure she only blocked it. And that with Kenobis help.

And damn that was much closer to ROTS, and Kenobi still couldnt deflect it back. Even with help.

StiltmanFTW
Theres just nothing to suggest that Obi-Wan could deflect Palpatines though when he couldnt even deflect Dookus. Remember even Dooku deflected his own Lightning from that same distance (without a Saber even).

And theres nothing to suggest Dooku is Maces superior in the Force given how Palpatine was able to choke Dooku out from another system.

But at close range, prolonged exposure to lightning? His saber would do the trick.

Because that's all that Rey and Mace were doing... relying on their sabers, not their Force mastery in order to deflect it.

Well, Rey had that "I am all Jedi" bs going on, that's probably what made her able to endure it better than Mace did and even advance forwad. But we should leave her out of it, on second thought.

Galan007
Originally posted by The Merchant
Bane should be in Vaders tier. His fact file article states he surpassed all Sith before him which would include Mommin. Tbf, Momin wasn't particularly powerful in terms of raw force strength... Momin himself admits that, even at his peak, his power was "nothing" compared to Vader's.

What set Momin apart from any known Sith in canon(with the possible exception of Palpatine) was his deep, deep affinity with the dark side, and his vast understanding of its more esoteric nature.

Darth Thor
But at close range, prolonged exposure to lightning? His saber would do the trick.

Because that's all that Rey and Mace were doing... relying on their sabers, not their Force mastery in order to deflect it.

Well, Rey had that "I am all Jedi" bs going on, that's probably what made her able to endure it better than Mace did and even advance forwad. But we should leave her out of it, on second thought.

Yeah forget Rey. She can shoot force lightning without any training in doing so. Yeah Just forget her.

It definitely force mastery to deflect it. The Saber doesnt just block it or deflect it on its own. Savage Opress couldnt even block it with a Saber. Because he had very little formal training. He was mostly powerful because of the nightsister magic amp he received.

And we know distance isnt the factor either from the Dooku/Yoda fight. They both deflected Force lightning coming from a distance. And they both did it with their hands as well.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah forget Rey. She can shoot force lightning without any training in doing so. Yeah Just forget her.

thumb up

It definitely force mastery to deflect it. The Saber doesnt just block it or deflect it on its own. Savage Opress couldnt even block it with a Saber. Because he had very little formal training. He was mostly powerful because of the nightsister magic amp he received.

It does when you position it right.

I don't believe Mace used any Force ability to deflect it back at Sidious... he was just that close to him... and he was still struggling to keep the saber in front of him.

And we know distance isnt the factor either from the Dooku/Yoda fight. They both deflected Force lightning coming from a distance. And they both did it with their hands as well.

But it's not the same... Yoda knows Force Absorb... and sabers never deflected lightning at significant distance --- even if we include Rey, she had to get damn close to Palps in order for it to work.

We need to agree to disagree here.

Darth Thor
But it's not the same... Yoda knows Force Absorb... and sabers never deflected lightning at significant distance --- even if we include Rey, she had to get damn close to Palps in order for it to work.

We need to agree to disagree here.

Was Dooku as well, not just Yoda. Most of us assume Mace is on par with Dooku in the Force given his feats.

Was Rey not able to deflect it until she got close? In that case, I see your point. But IIRC there was a TCW video game where Obi-Wan and Mace fight Dooku. They both had their Sabers out, and in the cut scene at the end, Dookus Lightning is deflected in a different direction.

They didnt show which one of them deflected it and Of course that game is probably not canon post Disney. But still I do think that is how it would work with a good enough force user.

StiltmanFTW
I know, I remember. Dooku, as a Dark Jedi Master/Sithlord, also possessed a level of Force mastery allowing him to do that with his bare hand. Especially since it was his own lightning redirected back at him.

But Mace only used his saber. At point-blank.

Was Rey not able to deflect it until she got close? In that case, I see your point.

Yeah, she couldn't do shit at first --- her sabers only absorbed the lightning at first --- same feat that Obi accomplished in AotC.

She needed to close the distance between her and Granpa Palps, which was taking some effort.

juggernaut74
Windu obviously lacks force feats but he is undoubtedly a top tier Jedi Master just by his position on the Jedi Council.

Darth Thor

Yeah, she couldn't do shit at first --- her sabers only absorbed the lightning at first --- same feat that Obi accomplished in AotC.

She needed to close the distance between her and Granpa Palps, which was taking some effort.

Ah okay.

Windu obviously lacks force feats but he is undoubtedly a top tier Jedi Master just by his position on the Jedi Council.

He has much > force feats than most. He arguably has better TK feats than Dooku.

carthage
Vader should be in the same tier as Yoda and Sidious

His force feats in canon are insanely beyond Dooku, Anakin, and Windu

juggernaut74

He has much > force feats than most. He arguably has better TK feats than Dooku. Dooku don't really have any either to be honest.

Sheev
Originally posted by The Merchant
Bane should be in Vaders tier. His fact file article states he surpassed all Sith before him which would include Mommin. Where would Mommin be ranked on the list IYO?

He has much > force feats than most. He arguably has better TK feats than Dooku. In canon?

No, definitely not. Canon Dooku >> canon Mace in terms of feats.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Sheev

In canon?

No, definitely not. Canon Dooku >> canon Mace in terms of feats. I'd like to discuss this further. What are some of the top feats for Windu and Dooku? Canon of course.

Darth Thor

In canon?

No, definitely not. Canon Dooku >> canon Mace in terms of feats.

In terms of destructive TK? I dont remember Dooku ever doing something quite like Force crushing multiple destroyer droids...

But Dooku has better lifting and choking feats, hence why I say its arguable.

juggernaut74
In terms of destructive TK? I dont remember Dooku ever doing something quite like Force crushing multiple destroyer droids...

But Dooku has better lifting and choking feats, hence why I say its arguable. Did Windu crush those droids in the Clone Wars show? I don't think Dooku crushed droids but he tore chunks of stone from the walls and crushed the base of that metal thingamajig in AOTC causing it to fall.

Darth Thor
Did Windu crush those droids in the Clone Wars show? I don't think Dooku crushed droids but he tore chunks of stone from the walls and crushed the base of that metal thingamajig in AOTC causing it to fall.

Yeah in TCW. And it was mid combat while they were racing towards him so pretty impressive.

He Also dropped this huge gate.

But yeah he didnt display much in the films except deflecting the lightning. Although technically just not getting force owned by Palpatine is a feat in itself. Dooku was choked out by Palpatine over a hologram.

juggernaut74
I found some nice respect threads for Mace and Dooku on Comicvine and from what I saw I'd say Dooku is more powerful than Windu in the force.

xPRIMEx
Originally posted by carthage
Vader should be in the same tier as Yoda and Sidious

His force feats in canon are insanely beyond Dooku, Anakin, and Windu

xPRIMEx

Darth Thor
I found some nice respect threads for Mace and Dooku on Comicvine and from what I saw I'd say Dooku is more powerful than Windu in the force.

Probably EU respect threads. Not new canon ones.

juggernaut74
Probably EU respect threads. Not new canon ones. Actually they had feats separated from EU to canon.

Darth Thor
Actually they had feats separated from EU to canon.

In that case id be interested to know which canon feats makes you believe Dooku is more powerful.

juggernaut74
In that case id be interested to know which canon feats makes you believe Dooku is more powerful. I don't feel the need to change your view on this matter. But if you want to change my view feel free to do so.

Darth Thor
I don't feel the need to change your view on this matter. But if you want to change my view feel free to do so.

Im not arguing. Im just curious because I keep hearing this but without saying what feats he has that seem to be beyond Windus capabilities.

Ive already stayed the facts to back my opinion (which is that it is arguable because they are likely near equals in that respect).

Trocity
Originally posted by Psychotron
Luke is waaaaay too high on that list. He has zero impressive feats in Disney canon. You can't put him in the same tier as Yoda, who can move a mountain in Disney canon.

iirc there are quotes that suggest Luke pulled Star Destroyers out of the sky on Jakku.

Galan007
Where would Mommin be ranked on the list IYO? In terms of raw force power it's virtually impossible to say. All we know for sure is that he is FAR below Vader's level in that respect.

As mentioned, Momin's knowledge/understanding of the dark side >>> his tangible power.

Originally posted by Trocity
iirc there are quotes that suggest Luke pulled Star Destroyers out of the sky on Jakku. Several.

You also have pre-ESB Luke, with virtually NO training, shaking an entire Star Destroyer with a single TK wave, which gives the statements/recollections of him ripping Star Destroyers out of the sky during the battle of Jakku a bit more validation.

There's also Snoke to consider. Luke himself believes that Snoke = RotJ Palpatine, so depending on *how* Luke beat him, it could potentially slingshot him up the tiers as well.

xPRIMEx
Im not arguing. Im just curious because I keep hearing this but without saying what feats he has that seem to be beyond Windus capabilities.

Ive already stayed the facts to back my opinion (which is that it is arguable because they are likely near equals in that respect).
Ragdolling Kenobi is a pretty insane feat tbh

juggernaut74
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Ragdolling Kenobi is a pretty insane feat tbh Windu pushed a tank off of a cliff during the Clone Wars but I think Dooku lifting those massive obelisk casually was better.

Sheev

But Dooku has better lifting and choking feats, hence why I say its arguable. It's more that canon Mace has done virtually nothing aside from his fight with Sidious, while Dooku's powers have been featured predominately in canon.

Originally posted by Galan007
In terms of raw force power it's virtually impossible to say. All we know for sure is that he is FAR below Vader's level in that respect.

As mentioned, Momin's knowledge/understanding of the dark side >>> his tangible power. I see.

So is there a way to perhaps meld a character's knowledge with their power on a list like this so that it can ALL be taken into consideration when ranking them?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Ragdolling Kenobi is a pretty insane feat tbh

As is even fighting against Palpatine without getting instantly ragdolled tbf.

And we know Palpatine can choke out Dooku without much of a problem.

It's more that canon Mace has done virtually nothing aside from his fight with Sidious, while Dooku's powers have been featured predominately in canon.

Having more feats doesnt equate to being more powerful though. We saw Opress casually choke out Mandalorians, but we never saw Maul do that. Doesnt mean Maul cant.

So its the level of feats we have + powerscaling.

Galan007
So is there a way to perhaps meld a character's knowledge with their power on a list like this so that it can ALL be taken into consideration when ranking them? Seems counterproductive. If we tacked knowledge onto a character's raw power when considering where they should be ranked on a list like this, then Jocasta Nu becomes Yoda/Palpatine-level(if not above)... Yet in an actual battle, Jocasta got stomped by the Grand Inquisitor.

Carguy232
hello

juggernaut74
I'm about half way through the Dooku: Jedi Lost book and he had a pretty good saber duel feat he was able to fight a Jedi Master before he was even a Padawan and judging by the Jedi's voice she was struggling to defend herself from young Dooku.

BTW they were fighting because Dooku thought she was a Sith.

And I might as well mention Dooku while drinking a glass of wine was able to fend off Ventress in a light saber duel and according to Ventress Dooku didn't even spill his wine!

Dude's a legit bad@ss.

Lord Stark
I'm about half way through the Dooku: Jedi Lost book and he had a pretty good saber duel feat he was able to fight a Jedi Master before he was even a Padawan and judging by the Jedi's voice she was struggling to defend herself from young Dooku.

BTW they were fighting because Dooku thought she was a Sith.

And I might as well mention Dooku while drinking a glass of wine was able to fend off Ventress in a light saber duel and according to Ventress Dooku didn't even spill his wine!

Dude's a legit bad@ss.

LOL what? That used to be a joke around here 'Dooku pwns without spilling his wine'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.