Quicksilver vs. Domino

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
laughing out loud Quicksilver has many sterling qualities. Domino is able to make fun of people and make it happen. lol
Can she tell Quicksilver; "Do you feel lucky punk; well do you?"
That's Dirty Harry. Vintage Clint Eastwood.

beatboks
Quick silver starts to blitz, slips on a bannana peel and splats ontan oncomming car.

Domino ftw

Vanguard
Id say Domino.

Philosophía
Originally posted by beatboks
Quick silver starts to blitz, slips on a bannana peel and splats ontan oncomming car.

Domino ftw Pretty much. Given the susceptibility of speedsters in comics to stupid shit happening to them, Domino is a perfect match-up.

Delta1938

Domino ftw

Even in a featureless arena? Yeah, probably.

Wonder Man
Domino would have to take over the city with her luck power.
If she charges it like the Master was teaching her to she would be able to run a small city.
She would make him public enemy.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Delta1938

See, that makes me wonder.

Domino's luck gimmick has limits. Spider-Man beat her in hand-to-hand, so there should be no reason for QS not to be able to do the same --- especially in a forum scenario.

beatboks

So your taking one part of the rule and excluding its entirety?

I would have thought the bananna peel thing would have been covered by this part of the KMC vs rules on battlefields.

In Longshot Saves the MU his luck made Thor appear out of nowhere to catch him falling. Bananna peel <<<< godling with freel will and control of his own actions

StiltmanFTW
Domino is no Longshot.

Delta1938
So your taking one part of the rule and excluding its entirety?

I would have thought the bananna peel thing would have been covered by this part of the KMC vs rules on battlefields.

In Longshot Saves the MU his luck made Thor appear out of nowhere to catch him falling. Bananna peel <<<< godling with freel will and control of his own actions

Epic fail.

beatboks
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Domino is no Longshot.

Really?
My only knowledge of Domino is via forums where I've seen her favorably compared to him (in some threads I've been told her luck was better). Conversely I'm a long shot fanboy who's read just about anything with him in it. I literally only statted readin Xmen when he became a member.

I already know from repeated feats QS cant touch longshot.

StiltmanFTW
Please.

Domino is nowhere near his level.

darthgoober
See, that makes me wonder.

Domino's luck gimmick has limits. Spider-Man beat her in hand-to-hand, so there should be no reason for QS not to be able to do the same --- especially in a forum scenario.
Yeah, I've also heard that her powers are based in part upon her own personal efforts at doing something, which could be problematic for her. It'd be different if her powers were like classic Black Cat's and totally subconscious, but if she has to direct her powers then she should be susceptible to getting blitzed before she can form a thought.

Kazenji
I know Dom went to Shang-Chi in her own book, To figure out how the luck powers work.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Kazenji
I know Dom went to Shang-Chi in her own book, To figure out how the luck powers work.

She did and managed to kearn some ma from him while there. She also out-lucked Longshot in their fight as well (he was sick but his powers were still functioning). Edge to Domino

StiltmanFTW
MA skills won't matter much, as Pietro casually stomped Mister X.

And Domino couldn't even beat Sinister in a quickdraw, so I don't like her chances against QS:

http://i.imgur.com/evXisjm.png

Sin I AM
MA skills wouldn't matter if she was just a MA. She also has that luck power which trumps super speed anyday

DarkSaint85
That luck power didn't seem to help against Sinister....

StiltmanFTW
Didn't help too much against Spider-Man, either:

https://tinyurl.com/ubsx7yy

Fast as she reacts... I move that much faster.

Gotta say, I'm sick of some KMCers pretending that luck-based powers mean an auto-win on battleboards. They don't mean shit.

CosmicComet
apparently her luck only moves at her speeds.

Sin I AM
Didn't help too much against Spider-Man, either:

https://tinyurl.com/ubsx7yy

Fast as she reacts... I move that much faster.

Gotta say, I'm sick of some KMCers pretending that luck-based powers mean an auto-win on battleboards. They don't mean shit.

Wondering when you'd pull out that CoC scan. So yes Quicksilver is faster than Spiderman but it's Spiderman he also beat QS so moot point. Parker has speed AND reflexes AND precog so no shit he'd get the best of Domino eventually. QS isn't so lucky pun intended

Originally posted by CosmicComet
apparently her luck only moves at her speeds.

No. If that was the case she wouldn't be able to outmaneuver bullets etc.

CosmicComet
Any good street can react to bullets. bullets are the biggest jobbers in comics. Even arrows are more effective than bullets in comics.

Sin I AM
Any good street can react to bullets. bullets are the biggest jobbers in comics. Even arrows are more effective than bullets in comics.

Your point? All plot elements job. From the villains seeking world conquest to abstracts to ninjas. Come back when you have a relevant argument.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Wondering when you'd pull out that CoC scan. So yes Quicksilver is faster than Spiderman but it's Spiderman he also beat QS so moot point. Parker has speed AND reflexes AND precog so no shit he'd get the best of Domino eventually. QS isn't so lucky pun intended

No. If that was the case she wouldn't be able to outmaneuver bullets etc.

You made a pun. You're dead to me.

StiltmanFTW

QS is also much faster than Spider-Man, including reflexes.

Spider Sense is a low-level precog that he doesn't always rely on.

Also... her defeat at the hands of Parker sucks worse when you realize Pete normally gets his ass handed to him by any skilled opponent.

DarkSaint85
Domino also has enhanced speed and reflexes, she's not just an average human.

CosmicComet
Your point? All plot elements job. From the villains seeking world conquest to abstracts to ninjas. Come back when you have a relevant argument.

The argument is that it's not impressive for good streets react to bullets, luck or no luck. That's a baseline if anything.

She got beat by Parker, who is likely at least hundreds of times slower QS.

She gets stomped.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Domino also has enhanced speed and reflexes, she's not just an average human.

Yes.

http://i.imgur.com/6YrbH8N.jpg

Delta1938
Yes.

http://i.imgur.com/6YrbH8N.jpg

Interesting. Did they elaborate whether she's faster than humanly possible? That by itself doesn't look like it.

StiltmanFTW
It's only been said that her mutant powers specifically are responsible for enhancing her reaction time:

http://i.imgur.com/OULWfJY.jpg

But no, we don't know whether it means she's beyond peak human or not. It's not clear.

Plenty of "normal" humans have retarded bullet feats and so on, so feats alone don't prove it.

She does have some feats while having her reaction time significantly impaired by an implant, though.

Anyway, it doesn't matter... as speedsters are beasts on forum, there's nothing stopping Quicksilver form punching her lights out, unless we put Domino in a perfect environment and abuse her haxx power.

Wonder Man
Stun grenade.
Domino can pull out the coup de gras.

Sin I AM
You made a pun. You're dead to me.

I love puns 😍

QS is also much faster than Spider-Man, including reflexes.

Spider Sense is a low-level precog that he doesn't always rely on.

Also... her defeat at the hands of Parker sucks worse when you realize Pete normally gets his ass handed to him by any skilled opponent.

Your post makes zero sense. QS is faster than Spiderman (no shit put he still lost). Low-level precog that you claim he doesn't always rely on which is bullshit because he uses it everytime he webswings (then he states her powers were screwing with his SS). He usually loses MAs (well because he always holds back). Didn't realize you had such a hard-on for Spiderman but QS aint no SM

The argument is that it's not impressive for good streets react to bullets, luck or no luck. That's a baseline if anything.

She got beat by Parker, who is likely at least hundreds of times slower QS.

She gets stomped.

So your argument is that bullet timing feats aren't good examples but every respect thread has bullet timing feats as examples of speed? She got beat by Spider-Man who is hundreds times slower than Quicksilver but the same Spiderman (who is hundreds times slower than Quicksilver per you) beat Quicksilver...so again your point?

DarkSaint85
How did Spidey beat QS?

Sin I AM
How did Spidey beat QS?

Same way Hulk did, clothesline...so much for that reaction speed.

StiltmanFTW
How did Spidey beat QS?

Pietro was running circles around him, taking away his oxygen... and Pete put his arm forward, making QS hit and trip on it, if memory serves.

Your post makes zero sense. QS is faster than Spiderman (no shit put he still lost). Low-level precog that you claim he doesn't always rely on which is bullshit because he uses it everytime he webswings (then he states her powers were screwing with his SS). He usually loses MAs (well because he always holds back). Didn't realize you had such a hard-on for Spiderman but QS aint no SM

You're acting as if Dom had some excellent track record in 1 on 1 fights. She doesn't.

If she had X-Force backing her up, sure, her luck would contribute to them beating QS.

But... alone? She'd be lucky to just survive the encounter.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Last time I read Quicksilver, he was magnitudes faster than when he lost to Spider-Man and Hulk.

Delta1938
I love puns 😍

You're dead to me.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Last time I read Quicksilver, he was magnitudes faster than when he lost to Spider-Man and Hulk.

Yes he's faster.

You're dead to me.

😂

StiltmanFTW
Domino vs. Thanos, let's do it cool

DarkSaint85
Same way Hulk did, clothesline...so much for that reaction speed.

So the usual PIS then.

Sin I AM
Domino vs. Thanos, let's do it cool

You'd lose

So the usual PIS then.

Is it pis when it's a constant? It's his MO

DarkSaint85
Yes, even if constant, its still PIS. Because speed is a broken power that writers can't do properly - same way all streets don't disintegrate into pink mist when a herald finger flicks them.

PIS doesn't necessarily mean one off 'oh look Spiderman beats Firelord' events.

I can see it being an issue if we argue suspension of belief. So mutants being an example - mutations in DNA giving you power of magnetism is PIS, for example, but we allow it - because otherwise the whole thing falls over.

But with speed? Either Hulk and Spiderman have faster reflexes than Quicksilver, or QS WANTS to run into that clothesline, or....it's lazy writing by the writer so QS' opponents can be a threat.

Saying it's his MO means that you think his fighting tactics is a conscious 'I will ram my face into his arm'.

Which is extreme CIS, and he's not that stupid. Hence, PIS.

StiltmanFTW
Domino doesn't have the super-strength to pull it off, anyway...

DarkSaint85
Plus, it only really shows up when she's in mortal danger:

https://i.postimg.cc/gjbbRXKz/RCO008.jpg

Unless QS is out to kill her....

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

If she had X-Force backing her up, sure, her luck would contribute to them beating QS.

But... alone? She'd be lucky to just survive the encounter.

StiltmanFTW
We certainly could lowball the shit out of speedsters all day, all night... but this message board is giving us a very specific example on how to interpret the "full capacity" rule:

For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.

Sin I AM
Yes, even if constant, its still PIS. Because speed is a broken power that writers can't do properly - same way all streets don't disintegrate into pink mist when a herald finger flicks them.

PIS doesn't necessarily mean one off 'oh look Spiderman beats Firelord' events.

I can see it being an issue if we argue suspension of belief. So mutants being an example - mutations in DNA giving you power of magnetism is PIS, for example, but we allow it - because otherwise the whole thing falls over.

But with speed? Either Hulk and Spiderman have faster reflexes than Quicksilver, or QS WANTS to run into that clothesline, or....it's lazy writing by the writer so QS' opponents can be a threat.

Saying it's his MO means that you think his fighting tactics is a conscious 'I will ram my face into his arm'.

Which is extreme CIS, and he's not that stupid. Hence, PIS.

Speed is broken yes but so is being lucky which translates to low level reality manipulation. your point?

Again your point?

QS is a showboat. Same way say Johnny Storm is...he telegraphs his attacks even if they are hundreds of mph. He wants his opponents to know what he's doing (such as the Mr. X feat). Then while monologuing about just how fast he is he gets clocked. Happens damn near every fight he's in. It's not pis. It's a character flaw.

Hulk, Spiderman don't have faster reflexes but they do have fast reflexes. They will eventually tag him when he uses his predictable pattern of pummeling you in a circle. It's his MO because that's what he does time after time.. you're arguing powerset.

Domino doesn't have the super-strength to pull it off, anyway...

https://66.media.tumblr.com/84ab17b7fe8d2be5c774277099b6e5aa/408235fec9c4828d-b9/s540x810/e333022802f8d008f8956c4679c1cf3cc0b79c9c.jpg

StiltmanFTW
I knew you would post that laughing out loud

Sin I AM
I knew you would post that laughing out loud

😉 Love you too Stilt

DarkSaint85
Speed is broken yes but so is being lucky which translates to low level reality manipulation. your point?

Again your point?

QS is a showboat. Same way say Johnny Storm is...he telegraphs his attacks even if they are hundreds of mph. He wants his opponents to know what he's doing (such as the Mr. X feat). Then while monologuing about just how fast he is he gets clocked. Happens damn near every fight he's in. It's not pis. It's a character flaw.

Hulk, Spiderman don't have faster reflexes but they do have fast reflexes. They will eventually tag him when he uses his predictable pattern of pummeling you in a circle. It's his MO because that's what he does time after time.. you're arguing powerset.

My point is that being lucky is not a dependable sure fire thing that you're making it out to be. Speed is. You either have it or you don't, whereas luck..... sometimes works out, and sometimes she loses. Probabilities shift in her favour, but they don't become 1 for her.

Again my point:. YOU tried to make out that PIS was to be ignored if it happened regularly. My point was that this was wrong. Can't be that hard to understand?

Because they have the durability to eventually tag him.

Domino doesn't. Full Capacity means he clocks her, unless she has a way to negate his speed. And her latest comics have her needing to focus and center herself as Shang Chi taught her, which QS wouldn't give her the chance to.

Sin I AM
My point is that being lucky is not a dependable sure fire thing that you're making it out to be. Speed is. You either have it or you don't, whereas luck..... sometimes works out, and sometimes she loses. Probabilities shift in her favour, but they don't become 1 for her.

Again my point:. YOU tried to make out that PIS was to be ignored if it happened regularly. My point was that this was wrong. Can't be that hard to understand?

Because they have the durability to eventually tag him.

Domino doesn't. Full Capacity means he clocks her, unless she has a way to negate his speed. And her latest comics have her needing to focus and center herself as Shang Chi taught her, which QS wouldn't give her the chance to.

I disagree as it's more to it than being lucky. Guns misfire, she slips before he lands a punch effectively avoiding said punch, it's not Fail-Safe because she never knows the outcome but it's ever present.

Never called it pis.

Not everyone who's tagged him needed durability, Cyclops for example.

Her latest comics has a mutant who was tampering with her powers, turning them all the way up and all the way down. That's why she needed Shang.

DarkSaint85
I disagree as it's more to it than being lucky. Guns misfire, she slips before he lands a punch effectively avoiding said punch, it's not Fail-Safe because she never knows the outcome but it's ever present.

But only when she is in mortal danger. As I showed in my scan.

With your reasoning being that it's not if it happens all the time. My point is that it can still be PIS when it happens all the time.

Fair enough.

OK? Not my point. Although, even when she tried to use her powers, Shang outsped her:
https://i.postimg.cc/YStggsm4/RCO012.jpg

But my point was, to use her power effectively in combat, she needs to:
https://i.postimg.cc/s1FG26rg/RCO010.jpg

If too much happens (like, say, being hit by multiple enemies):
https://i.postimg.cc/R08H8VDt/RCO015.jpg

Unless you're selling the idea that QS starts the fight by allowing her to center herself etc...

Sin I AM

But only when she is in mortal danger. As I showed in my scan.

With your reasoning being that it's not if it happens all the time. My point is that it can still be PIS when it happens all the time.

Fair enough.

OK? Not my point. Although, even when she tried to use her powers, Shang outsped her:
https://i.postimg.cc/YStggsm4/RCO012.jpg

But my point was, to use her power effectively in combat, she needs to:
https://i.postimg.cc/s1FG26rg/RCO010.jpg

If too much happens (like, say, being hit by multiple enemies):
https://i.postimg.cc/R08H8VDt/RCO015.jpg

Unless you're selling the idea that QS starts the fight by allowing her to center herself etc...

You focus too much on scans. Everything you posted is out of context or wrong. If you'd read the series from start to finish you'd know that Domino manipulates every situation passively ( whether life threatening or not) what happened was that the mutant Topaz ( who has the power to alter/negate/intensify mutant powers had it out for her. So the reason why her powers were all screwy and she had to meditate, train with Shang and focus was because for 10 issues someone was actively adjusting her powers.

DarkSaint85
Actually, before the events with Topaz, Domino explains she can't control her powers, and that it only kicks in when she is in mortal danger. I already posted that scan.

I completely agree that Shang was needed to focus and control, to correct for Topaz. Never said it wasn't for that.

But what I'm saying is that without his training, back in issue #1, she explains that she never was able to control it.

Context, love.

StiltmanFTW
Get a room, you two.

DarkSaint85
Plus, it only really shows up when she's in mortal danger:

Unless QS is out to kill her....

This is the scan. Topaz wasn't on the scene - this is how Domino always has her powers.

Then Topaz showed up, screwed with her, and she then had to go to Shang.

Shang then teaches her how to use her focus to negate Topaz's influence on her.

HOWEVER, my point is this:

Either

A: Domino has zero control of her powers, and it only kicks in when she's in mortal danger, and even then there's no telling if she would even survive unscathed, or

B: she has control thanks to Shang, but she needs time to focus etc, and can be overwhelmed.

Either way, QS would win. Either because in A he's not killing Domino (unless we ignore his character, on in B Domino never gets the chance to focus, or IF she does she gets overwhelmed when QS does his usual flurry of punches.

Wonder Man
Speed moves 2 times for every 1 movement.
Domino would have 21 attempts to make her shot.

DarkSaint85
Get a room, you two.

I wouldn't say boo to her IRL.

carver9
Thought Domino powers were passive? In a forum setting, even though we have scans of her being hit in comics, I thought if we using abilities to their fullest exempt those showings?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Thought Domino powers were passive? In a forum setting, even though we have scans of her being hit in comics, I thought if we using abilities to their fullest exempt those showings?

They are. Saint misunderstood the scene

DarkSaint85
How did I misunderstand this scene, Sin?

And how would you explain that scan Carver?

Delta1938

To counter this, examples of it just working when she's not in mortal danger are needed. Otherwise she wouldn't have mud down her cleavage.

DarkSaint85
To counter this, examples of it just working when she's not in mortal danger are needed. Otherwise she wouldn't have mud down her cleavage.

Which would be easy to do. She just leaves a club with Shang, and they find a luxury motorbike, with the keys in in, in central HK - not in mortal danger.

But my point was that relying as if she's untouchable - when in X-force#3 she's being flayed alive and has had her eye plucked out etc - is wrong.

After Shang trains her, she's able to use it effectively - but she needs to focus and she can be overwhelmed. When she attempts to focus, she can be hit. Her powers are tied to her emotions.

Just saying ' DS is wrong' etc, isn't actually debating.

Delta1938
Which would be easy to do. She just leaves a club with Shang, and they find a luxury motorbike, with the keys in in, in central HK - not in mortal danger.

But my point was that relying as if she's untouchable - when in X-force#3 she's being flayed alive and has had her eye plucked out etc - is wrong.

After Shang trains her, she's able to use it effectively - but she needs to focus and she can be overwhelmed. When she attempts to focus, she can be hit. Her powers are tied to her emotions.

Just saying ' DS is wrong' etc, isn't actually debating.

I guess the club thing happened? I was referring to the scan you posted about how her powers work when she's not focusing(which I'm guessing that happened before the Shang training).

Sin is just saying the scans are out of context without actually acknowledging the posts you made responding to it. While I expect carter to respond just as well not reading your posts as he would if he did.

StiltmanFTW
The whole "luck powah equals auto-win" trend started with Longshot.

It's wrong af, imho.

Delta1938
The whole "luck powah equals auto-win" trend started with Longshot.

It's wrong af, imho.

I remember that being heavily used in Weapon H topics despite evidence showing even with Domino herself it wasn't as good as argued. But then it's common for less conventional powers to get No Limits Fallacy.

Sin I AM

You took the about to die part and ran with it. It's not a life or death activated phenom. It's always on influencing outcomes.

DarkSaint85
You took the about to die part and ran with it. It's not a life or death activated phenom. It's always on influencing outcomes.

Always on, but not always liking her.

The final outcome is that she would stay alive....but not necessarily in one piece.

Its final aim is less 'Domino wins' and more 'Domino stays alive'. In the same series, Shang takes her out without any issues.

Sin I AM
Always on, but not always liking her.

The final outcome is that she would stay alive....but not necessarily in one piece.

Its final aim is less 'Domino wins' and more 'Domino stays alive'. In the same series, Shang takes her out without any issues.

Again you're not reading it correctly. It doesn't like her if she puts herself in danger foolishly, like the scene you keep posting. Then it makes her suffer.

BUT...Even that is not correct because the entire arc talks about how her powers affect the guy chasing her and every hit she should have taken, damage, yada yada yada..gets transferred to him.

DarkSaint85
thumb up. And now, after training with Shang?

Wonder Man
Quicksilver would be able to transfer his speed to the third rail of a subway.
At his greatest he could come at Domino like a full throttle train.
Domino would need to be a brick.

beatboks
The scans posted by DS are certainly no where near longshot level luck.

But the forums where I was told her luck powers were above his all spoke of how she can consciously control luck to deliver a consciously planned and wanted outcome. That is something longshot can certainly not do. Is she capable of this or was I missled

Sin I AM
thumb up. And now, after training with Shang?

She trained with Shang because she was too reliant on her powers and she learned a modicum of self control not power control. That's it. Originally posted by beatboks
The scans posted by DS are certainly no where near longshot level luck.

But the forums where I was told her luck powers were above his all spoke of how she can consciously control luck to deliver a consciously planned and wanted outcome. That is something longshot can certainly not do. Is she capable of this or was I missled

No she can't consciously control it.

SamZED
Her powers work when she is not in mortal danger as well.
https://i.postimg.cc/YjTCyChp/1.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/SJ8x0bMc/2.jpg

Wonder Man
She can feel like a women. She can use her feeling to activate her power.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Wonder Man
She can feel like a women. She can use her feeling to activate her power.

laughing

Wonder Man
Quicksilver could lift what she throws at him but in the end the wages of sin is death.
Domino can cheat legally.

DarkSaint85
She trained with Shang because she was too reliant on her powers and she learned a modicum of self control not power control. That's it.

No she can't consciously control it.

Fair enough, I still think QS wins here, and I still think you're wrong thumb up

Wonder Man
Domino could imprint Quicksilver like the merc she is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.