Odin/Thanos vs Darkseid/Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
CIS and PIS is off for this battle. This isnt weakened Odin (or anyone) either, let's use classic, all powerful Odin. No bfr. Who's taking this? Let's use Darkseid before the reboot.

DarkSaint85
So DS is fully powered, 1000s of feet tall etc?

cdtm
Darkseid doesn't really need that.

You can go with classic Kirby Darkseid, and he can sit in his throne room and unleash dial-a-plot-device eye beams that can seek out his enemies and send them hurtling through time and space, such as he did to the Forever People. Or how he trapped Infinity Man on a cosmic desert island by jumping him with a Boom Toob and staring into his eyes before he could defend himself.

I mean, even at his worst, how many times has Darkseid simply sent Superman back to Earth? Could have as easily banished him into a red sun.

carver9
Who said anything about 1000 ft tall Darkseid? Thud is the Darkseid that fought Supes, Orion, etc... your average Darkseid.

SquallX
Originally posted by carver9
Who said anything about 1000 ft tall Darkseid? Thud is the Darkseid that fought Supes, Orion, etc... your average Darkseid.

So you want very one to be at full power, but not Darkseid?

Also, Darkseid final appearance before the reboot was Final Crisis Darkseid, and that Darkseid was multiversal.

Sin I AM
Where was Darkseid during the whole Perpetua/Manhattan debacle? I find it weird he wasn't directly involved. Is he currently depowered?

carver9
He was there.

carver9
Originally posted by SquallX
So you want very one to be at full power, but not Darkseid?

Also, Darkseid final appearance before the reboot was Final Crisis Darkseid, and that Darkseid was multiversal.

Using all of the characters that we see the most. Accept the thread buddy and vote on who wins this, please.

cdtm
Hulk gets his soul ripped out.

carver9
Is Hulk in this thread?

SquallX

DarkSaint85

True, he's actually so big he can hold planets in his hand thumb up good catch.

Darkseid soloes.

carver9
You all are obviously trolling. Need real posters to post.

DarkSaint85
Guess we need a thread that isn't a troll thread

Sin I AM
You all are obviously trolling. Need real posters to post.

I beg your pardon. Who are you calling a troll?

As for your thread. Classic Odin can't beat FP Darkseid unless this is an avatar which he loses. Thanos and Despero are non factors.

-Pr-
Does Carver not know about Darkseid's avatars?

Stoic
Current Thanos solos. None of the others are on Darkseid's level in his true form.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Stoic
Current Thanos solos. None of the others are on Darkseid's level in his true form.

Without a macguffin Thanos gets beat by an Avengers line up

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Without a macguffin Thanos gets beat by an Avengers line up like who?

SquallX

carver9

This isnt true form Darkseid. I said this is the Darkseid Superman and Orion fought. When did they fight true form?

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Does Carver not know about Darkseid's avatars?

Sigh, when did Supes and Orion fight true form Darkseid?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Insane Titan
like who? Tony, Thor Cap, Hulk, etc...you know the Avengers

TheHulkster
True Form Darkseid and Avatars are notions tossed out by a couple of writers in the past that aren't even considered by most other writers, especially today.

Senor Cage
True new gods were shown in Multiversity.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Senor Cage
True new gods were shown in Multiversity.

And Morrison is one said writers.

SquallX

Stoic
Carver did specify which Darkseid is being used here. It's Justice League level Darkseid and not the one that can challenge the Infinity Gauntlet.

Insane Titan
Tony, Thor Cap, Hulk, etc...you know the Avengers so you have no actual examples and are acting like you know

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheHulkster
True Form Darkseid and Avatars are notions tossed out by a couple of writers in the past that aren't even considered by most other writers, especially today.

And Odin being this galaxy buster isn't even considered, especially today.

Its just funny how Carv wants an Odin who hasn't been seen for like 20 years, but DS has to be kept down for the DC team to have a chance.

Anyway, doesn't DS amp off gods?

Sin I AM
so you have no actual examples and are acting like you know

I mean I could post examples but why? He's a non factor here

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

TheHulkster
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Its just funny how Carv wants an Odin who hasn't been seen for like 20 years, but DS has to be kept down for the DC team to have a chance.

Writers vary in their propensities toward space cheese, but Odin's relative power level is far more consistent than the notion of a mysterious true form Darkseid that is often contradicted.

Aaron brought Odin down in his present state, yet does give galaxy level status to ancient Odin. So it appears that he considers Odin to have weakened.

TheHulkster
Why would I waste time arguing for/against Thanos? He's a non factor. If it's full powered Darkseid, he solos. If it's Avatar Darkseid (watered down JLA version) Odin solos. Thanos and Despero don't really matter. Sure he'd beat Despero but anyone here could. And sure he could stand against an Avy but again anyone could. Not sure what your point is.

How does Old King Thanos rate?

-Pr-
Sigh, when did Supes and Orion fight true form Darkseid?

I don't know, tbh. But, as DS said:

Sin I AM
How does Old King Thanos rate?

Trans tier, maybe less. He needed help from Young Thanos to beat Norrin which is insane because mjolnir is not that great a boost.

Eon Blue
Thanos solos.

Senor Cage
And Morrison is one said writers.

It's still established, though. Even Simonson (Orion run) explored a little bit of the avatar concept. Either way, Darkseid is fighting guys like AM, which is way beyond the likes of Thanos.

Juntai
Darkseid wins this alone.

Juntai

Anyway, doesn't DS amp off gods? Gods are well below Darkseid, and yes he can power himself from them.

TheHulkster
Trans tier, maybe less. He needed help from Young Thanos to beat Norrin which is insane because mjolnir is not that great a boost.

Norrin is enhanced by black matter before wielding Mjolnir. OKThanos is shown one shot decapitating Galactus and is the destroyer of all the cosmics, yet mainstream Thanos matched him in battle.

carver9
CIS and PIS is off for this battle. This isnt weakened Odin (or anyone) either, let's use classic, all powerful Odin. No bfr. Who's taking this? Let's use Darkseid before the reboot.

*Let's use Darkseid before the reboot*. Did Darkseid before DCNU absorb Gods?

Juntai
*Let's use Darkseid before the reboot*. Did Darkseid before DCNU absorb Gods? Yes. Killing gods across all reality is literally his origin.

Insane Titan

SquallX

Stoic
Originally posted by Senor Cage
It's still established, though. Even Simonson (Orion run) explored a little bit of the avatar concept. Either way, Darkseid is fighting guys like AM, which is way beyond the likes of Thanos.

An Avatar of Darkseid is doing all of that? Really? I thought that the Darkseid that fought against the Anti Monitor was his true form? Thanos at his best before his ascension to Supreme being was certainly able to contend with the Darkseid that recently went at it with Wonder Woman. He went up against a Phoenix Avatar, and no matter what people say, Marvel has never once nerfed a Phoenix Avatar.

Sin I AM

Insane Titan

carver9
An Avatar of Darkseid is doing all of that? Really? I thought that the Darkseid that fought against the Anti Monitor was his true form? Thanos at his best before his ascension to Supreme being was certainly able to contend with the Darkseid that recently went at it with Wonder Woman. He went up against a Phoenix Avatar, and no matter what people say, Marvel has never once nerfed a Phoenix Avatar.

Theres no evidence to suggest that current Darkseid have avatars. Would love to see what started this entire avatar ordeal.

Sin I AM

Insane Titan

Sin I AM
Theres no evidence to suggest that current Darkseid have avatars. Would love to see what started this entire avatar ordeal.

You never read Final Crisis?

Sin I AM

DarkSaint85

Are we using current Darkseid or not? confused

Insane Titan

Adam Grimes
Norrin is enhanced by black matter before wielding Mjolnir. OKThanos is shown one shot decapitating Galactus and is the destroyer of all the cosmics, yet mainstream Thanos matched him in battle. Alternate Galactus.

Sin I AM
Thread starter said pre reboot Darkseid. What does that even mean? It means he wants to use the Darkseid that loses to Superman or is challenged by Orion. Because he simply can't have him stomp his Marvel characters by being at full power.

Thane had the full Phoenix force? Did he because so did Quentin Quire at the exact same time. But let's say writer's intent was that it was full PF. He lacked skill with it, unless punching is how to properly utilize a cosmic being. Doesn't really matter as he was on his knees after a fight with his son. The guy was losing..deal with it

Lol at death backing down. Sure guy

At least Classic Odin has like you know his own power and doesn't need an extension cord to an outside source to be relevant..but I digress you're not worth the discussion because you can't be impartial.

carver9
Dark, why are you struggling to grasp which Darkseid I'm talking about. I said BEFORE the reboot. Maybe it's due to how jacked up DC is with all of these resettings, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe a picture will help...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145849/3081323-2882361-darkseid_021.jpg

BEFORE DCNU.

Insane Titan

-Pr-

Carver, in future it might be a good idea to research the characters you plan to include in threads.

==

IT, please, stop being so defensive. You're going way OTT again.

Sin I AM

DarkSaint85
Dark, why are you struggling to grasp which Darkseid I'm talking about. I said BEFORE the reboot. Maybe it's due to how jacked up DC is with all of these resettings, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe a picture will help...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145849/3081323-2882361-darkseid_021.jpg

BEFORE DCNU.

Its because you were asking about CURRENT Darkseid. Why ask?????

Insane Titan
Carver, in future it might be a good idea to research the characters you plan to include in threads.

==

IT, please, stop being so defensive. You're going way OTT again. you are kidding right.

AlbertoJohnAvil
I mean tbf Final crisis is before the reboot

AlbertoJohnAvil
But Carver's not wrong also

AlbertoJohnAvil

==

IT, please, stop being so defensive. You're going way OTT again.

LOL he simply said "so you don't know"

Insane Titan
https://66.media.tumblr.com/1c1329dd82e7576707c585612e6fe77b/tumblr_q4goveC3V21vq8arpo1_640.jpg

Looks like he's taking a knee to me, uniform all phucked up half a sleeve missing, Thane looks like he's fresh and ready for more.. but Thanos could just be posing for capoeira or something. haha typical troll tactic , post the previous scans. And Thanos sleeve getting ripped is your proof. Thane was screaming when Thanos smacked him around.

Sin I AM
haha typical troll tactic , post the previous scans. And Thanos sleeve getting ripped is your proof. Thane was screaming when Thanos smacked him around.

Is he on his knees or not?

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

Insane Titan
Is he on his knees or not? read my previous post. And the fact you refuse to post the previous panels shows how bs your stance is as you clearly had no problem posting this scan

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

Insane Titan

DarkSaint85
Doesn't really matter as he was on his knees after a fight with his son. The guy was losing..deal with it

I think he was on his knees after falling through a black hole.

Insane Titan

Sin I AM
I think he was on his knees after falling through a black hole.

I'm gonna ignore IT for a split second to address your post. They fought, the both seemed to be relishing the combat. Thane got in a really cool looking Phoenix uppercut. Thanos smashed him thru a planet. They both looked to be flash kayoed. Thane came to first bill rushed dad, thru the portal to the god quarry right? Right. At that point prior to the sisters bring the of, Thane looked superior.

Now maybe you're right, maybe the portal weakened him? Maybe that's why he was on his knees. But the point is he was on his knees after fighting Thane and Thane was not.

DarkSaint85
I think it's more like he fell and landed in that cool three point landing pose.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThreePointLanding

Insane Titan
Of course your going to ignore me/what I said as it makes you look a fool and a liar. After Thanos smashed him through a Planet(only Thane was flashed koed not Thanos, another lie) and it exploded then Thanos threw a huge asteroid at Thane, then they grappled once Thane rushed him. Thane looked superior lmao, if you count the actual amounts of blows landed Thanos got more and made Thane scream in pain. But he after Thanos taking everything Thane has and punching him around because he landed on his knees he was losing right!! Troll argument.

Sin I AM
Of course your going to ignore me/what I said as it makes you look a fool and a liar. After Thanos smashed him through a Planet(only Thane was flashed koed not Thanos, another lie) and it exploded then Thanos threw a huge asteroid at Thane, then they grappled once Thane rushed him. Thane looked superior lmao, if you count the actual amounts of blows landed Thanos got more and made Thane scream in pain. But he after Thanos taking everything Thane has and punching him around because he landed on his knees he was losing right!! Troll argument.

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

Insane Titan

Putinbot1
I think it's more like he fell and landed in that cool three point landing pose.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThreePointLanding I ****8ng hate the 3 point landing pose.

celeyhyga17

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThreePointLanding

https://media.giphy.com/media/11uYyAmGgTWwGQ/giphy.gif

DarkSaint85
He's got the fist, and the groove in the ground, for extra bonus points. Its textbook

LordofBrooklyn
DARKSEID SOLOS!!!

WHO DARE CHALLENGE ME?

MrMind
DS solos for spite

-Pr-
you are kidding right.

Not particularly. Even if you're right (and you might be, i really don't know), you're coming across way too heated.

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
LOL he simply said "so you don't know"

And that's relevant how?

Insane Titan

Stoic

Yes he was on his knees, this came after Thane punched him square in the face while being pulled through a wormhole. The effects of the blow, however seemed were negligible, and easily recovered from. The state of his armor is imho irrelevant since it really doesn't add to his overall durability. Last I saw, Thanos was the Marvel Omniverse. At that level, not even Darkseid with ALE in his true form would be enough.

Darkseid's Avatars would certainly find a challenge in the Thanos of the past 10yrs, Wonder Woman challenged one of his persona's.

TheHulkster
https://66.media.tumblr.com/1c1329dd82e7576707c585612e6fe77b/tumblr_q4goveC3V21vq8arpo1_640.jpg

Looks like he's taking a knee to me, uniform all phucked up half a sleeve missing, Thane looks like he's fresh and ready for more.. but Thanos could just be posing for capoeira or something.

His uniform gets in that condition four issues back while he is still sick.

Him being on a knee is meaningless. He shows no signs of pain or injury and could simply be getting off of the ground after the fall.

carver9
Looks like he is getting off the ground to me. Some people dont just teleport up after getting hit down.

Sin I AM
Looks like he is getting off the ground to me. Some people dont just teleport up after getting hit down.

you tellem carv!!!

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

carver9
Hes a crazy guy. Still havent ran into anyone quite like him on the internet yet. Hes different.

TheHulkster
I think that there is some confusion. I don't think that Carver was saying that any teleportation is involved. He was saying that Thanos is on a knee because he is in the middle of rising to his feet after the fall. He was pointing out that there is a middle step to rising from a fall that involves rising to a knee and that people don't just "teleport" from a lying position to standing position without rising to a knee first.

It doesn't appear at all to me that Thanos is on a knee due to being hurt. They fall from the sky and he is in the middle of rising unharmed.

carver9
I think that there is some confusion. I don't think that Carver was saying that any teleportation is involved. He was saying that Thanos is on a knee because he is in the middle of rising to his feet after the fall. He was pointing out that there is a middle step to rising from a fall that involves rising to a knee and that people don't just "teleport" from a lying position to standing position without rising to a knee first.

It doesn't appear at all to me that Thanos is on a knee due to being hurt. They fall from the sky and he is in the middle of rising unharmed.

thumb up

Insane Titan
I love you IT. It's going to be ok I was the feeling was mutual but i have no time for lying double standard cowards.

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

carver9
Why would I change my stance based off what YOU think? laughing out loud

If anything, I would want to go AGAINST what you said. Now maybe if this was someone else's opinion that I value, then you'll probably have an argument but I care less about agreeing with InsaneTitan or not. Understand that.

Insane Titan
Why would I change my stance based off what YOU think? laughing out loud

If anything, I would want to go AGAINST what you said. Now maybe if this was someone else's opinion that I value, then you'll probably have an argument but I care less about agreeing with InsaneTitan or not. Understand that. Because your a petty unstable ego maniac. You did go against what I said , you only agreed with with what Hulkster said because you maybe realised it makes you look less of a incompetent moron than normal. laughing out loud at you try to throw Shade at me, as if you of all people could do that. After all we both know what your values are but hey keep pouting you desperate wannabe laughing out loud

carver9
Keep believing that's what I did, lol. Youre entitled to have your own thoughts, buddy (even though you're 100% wrong). Its obvious i dont care what anyone thinks. If i did, i wouldn't like Hulk, i would vote for Superman in every thread, etc, etc... just stop and move on, please. These rage sprouts you've been having since, like forever is getting boring and repetitive. A mod clearly asked you to calm down. If you're going to debate Sin, debate and get out of your feelings.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.imgur.com/hJfl7Bh.gif

Insane Titan

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
https://i.imgur.com/hJfl7Bh.gif

Lol ikr. I blame myself personally

Impediment
Could we all put our penises away and stop the dick waving?

How about we all just get back to topic? Hmm? K?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Impediment
Could we all put our penises away and stop the dick waving?

Sin's diabolical plan.

AlbertoJohnAvil
{Post removed}

DarkSaint85
Pouring fire on when a mod asked to stop. Classy.

Anyway, Carver wanted preboot Darkseid, and he was messing around with gods ages ago. Does he amp off gods?

Galan007
*Edited your post, Alberto.

Pr and Imp asked you guys to stop with the BS... So stop.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Despero lost to wonder girl recently

DarkSaint85
We're using pre DCnU versions I believe

celeyhyga17
Despero lost to wonder girl recently
Scans... Anything odd involved?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Nope. it was clean lol

celeyhyga17
Nope. it was clean lol
Mustve been pure bullshiet jobbing.

AlbertoJohnAvil
We're using pre DCnU versions I believe

I dont think carver specified what version of Despero he was using iirc

cdtm
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Nothing new, he got smacked around by Superboy way back in Young Justice. Despero's always been prone to low showings.

AlbertoJohnAvil

https://i.postimg.cc/vcBJJf1d/Young-Justice-002-010.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/JywSHFp1/Young-Justice-002-011.jpg

cdtm

Yeah, jobbing.

Unless Stargirl is suddenly throwing out better haymakers then Superman and Martian Manhunter.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, jobbing.

Unless Stargirl is suddenly throwing out better haymakers then Superman and Martian Manhunter.

I feel like that writer of that particular issue doesn't view Despero as high caliber
He's been reduced to a mid tier.

celeyhyga17

Just read the book.
Ughhh... Thats god awful. They used a prominent character in an insignificant side story just so they can joke about how the public doesnt know much about Cassie.

Pure Bendis drivel...

cdtm
Just read the book.
Ughhh... Thats god awful. They used a prominent character in an insignificant side story just so they can joke about how the public doesnt know much about Cassie.

Pure Bendis drivel...

Bendis! I might have known.

Still a really good Defenders. Shame he couldn't have stayed put on that.

DarkSaint85
Haha.
Well in any case, am pretty sure Carver wants equalish footing for all combatants.

So as Despero once had the Flame of Pytar when he fought the JLA, that should be the version right? Seeing as Odin is at the levels where he's fully powered and classic, and Thanos is no doubt being a sled off him.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.