Best novel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sheev
What is the best individual novel in Legends?

What is the best individual novel in canon?

Galan007
Legends: Dark Rendezvous or RotS.
Canon: the first Thrawn novel or Lords of the Sith.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Galan007
Legends: Dark Rendezvous or RotS.
Canon: the first Thrawn novel or Lords of the Sith.

Sheev
thumb up

Though in canon I really liked Dark Disciple for the most part, ngl.....

Darth Thor
Yeah I enjoyed DD. Was interesting to see the Jedi Council contemplate an assassination mission, and the moral ambiguity that come with that.

Was also good to get more meat on Canon Vos.

Main negative was Vos beating Dooku as it did take away a little from when Anakin does it in ROTS.

Also enjoyed A New Dawn, Lords of the Sith. Tarkin was interesting. Not got around to the Thrawn novels yet though.

Sheev
Yeah. In particular it depicted Mace as even more of a dick then he already was.

And I don't think it took away from Anakin beating Dooku, becuase frankly Vos was just intended to be THAT powerful. Also, Anakin still beat Dooku far easier then Vos did so there's still that.

Darth Thor

Galan007
Originally posted by Sheev
thumb up

Though in canon I really liked Dark Disciple for the most part, ngl..... Same. It'd probably be in my top 5 canon books, tbh.

Total Warrior

relentless1
Legends: Plagueis

Canon: Lords of the Sith

Sheev
I did like how the Plagueis novel built the backstory of Sidious. thumb up

Lord Lucien
The Crystal Star. Best book ever written. They should have made the sequel trilogy around that story.

Zentrex
Canon's pretty easy, it's between Lost Stars and Lords of the Sith, at least of the ones I've read.
I want to read Queen's Shadow and Queen's Peril, they might be good. And the Dooku Lost Jedi audiobook if that counts. They've also been putting out some interesting ones recently, like Force Collector, Black Spire, Master and Apprentice, etc.

Legends is more complicated.
Heir to the Empire is legendary
Shatterpoint, Republic Commando, Darth Plagueis all have a good reputation
My personal favorite is RotS by Mathew Stover

Eli Vanto
Queens Shadow was terriblesick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.