Blade vs. Snake Eyes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Khazra Reborn

Sin I AM
Snake Eyes.

Trackz
Definitely Blade

MrMind
SE

juggernaut74
I can't say for sure cause I don't know jack about Snake Eyes.

deathslash
Snake Eyes should take this, but Blade gives him difficulty.

Trackz
blade and snake eyes are even on speed.

blade has:

1. experience by virtue of being significantly older

2. super strength (lifted several tons, ripped limbs with his bare hands/snapped spines)

3. durability (withstood a strike from mjolnir)

4. healing

5. equipment

Blade should take this far more than not.

Vanguard
Snake Eyes is cool and everything. But Blade wins. Hard to compare different universes. But come on....

deathslash
Originally posted by Trackz
blade and snake eyes are even on speed.

blade has:

1. experience by virtue of being significantly older

That's not an automatic win. Not only is there so much experience that a person can receive from fighting one highly specific group of enemies, but comic book characters regularly prove that experience barely factors into a straight up fight like this. For examples, see Blade vs Captain America (in which Blade gets wrecked), Ra's So Ghul vs Batman (in which Ra's usually loses), or Thor vs Moon Dragon.

2. super strength (lifted several tons, ripped limbs with his bare hands/snapped spines)

Yeah, Blade is stronger, but it still needs to be remembered that Snake Eyes is superhumanly strong as well. Even ROM found his strength impressive.

3. durability (withstood a strike from mjolnir)

That's..........a rather dubious statement. Saying that he survived getting hit by Mjolnir implies that thor was trying to kill him rather than (most likely) just trying to knock him out. If we go that route, Snake Eyes has withstood a sonic blast from Soundwave (that also hurt Arcee). Do you have scans and context for this?

4. healing

A good point. One thing worth considering though is that unlike Wolverine or the Hulk, his healing factor isn't an auto win.

5. equipment

I'm sorry, but a single word like "equipment" seems seems really disingenuous. Snake Eyes also has "equipment" that is far more all purpose than Blade's. The specialized stuff that would usually be OHK for vampires won't work nearly as well against Snake Eyes. That's not to say that a sword or stake to the heart won't kill SE, but UV grenades and other such equipment won't help Blade.

zopzop
WTF? How is this not spite? Blade has superhuman physical stats and years of fighting experience. He wins.

cdtm
Originally posted by zopzop
WTF? How is this not spite? Blade has superhuman physical stats and years of fighting experience. He wins.

Snake Eyes held Rom Space Knight in an arm lock... Same Rom knocked Optimus Prime on his ass.

You can't damage Cybertronians and not be super human, their bodies tank heavy artillery.

deathslash
Originally posted by zopzop
WTF? How is this not spite? Blade has superhuman physical stats and years of fighting experience. He wins. honest question, when was the last time that you read anything involving Snake Eyes? He's had superhuman stats and decades of experience since his inception.

Trackz
Originally posted by deathslash
That's not an automatic win. Not only is there so much experience that a person can receive from fighting one highly specific group of enemies, but comic book characters regularly prove that experience barely factors into a straight up fight like this. For examples, see Blade vs Captain America (in which Blade gets wrecked), Ra's So Ghul vs Batman (in which Ra's usually loses), or Thor vs Moon Dragon.

Yeah, Blade is stronger, but it still needs to be remembered that Snake Eyes is superhumanly strong as well. Even ROM found his strength impressive.

That's..........a rather dubious statement. Saying that he survived getting hit by Mjolnir implies that thor was trying to kill him rather than (most likely) just trying to knock him out. If we go that route, Snake Eyes has withstood a sonic blast from Soundwave (that also hurt Arcee). Do you have scans and context for this?

A good point. One thing worth considering though is that unlike Wolverine or the Hulk, his healing factor isn't an auto win.

I'm sorry, but a single word like "equipment" seems seems really disingenuous. Snake Eyes also has "equipment" that is far more all purpose than Blade's. The specialized stuff that would usually be OHK for vampires won't work nearly as well against Snake Eyes. That's not to say that a sword or stake to the heart won't kill SE, but UV grenades and other such equipment won't help Blade.

Yea, it's ok but it's clear you havent read stories involving Blade the past few years. In the case of surviving Mjolnir, it was a strike from a Ghost Rider possessed Thor. Given that she spent the next 2 issues trying to kill the midnight sons, it definitely wasnt supposed to just knock him out. In addition, Blade has tanked a blast that shot Captain Britain out of the country. The durability is clearly in Blade's favor.

Re: equipment, blade's regular equipment includes whatever snake-eyes has (swords, guns, and explosives) plus a supernatural arsenal that he regularly displays in the Avengers (breathing gun, hell fire shot gun, boy-thing).

Also not clear why Blade's healing wouldnt be a severe advantage. One character can pull his intestines back inside and keep fighting, the other cant.

Vanguard
Yea, it's ok but it's clear you havent read stories involving Blade the past few years.

laughing

cdtm
Guess it comes down to scans. I'll try and get to that.

How many people would argue Blade gives any sort of fight to Optimus Prime or Starscream, I wonder?

Trackz
Originally posted by cdtm
Guess it comes down to scans. I'll try and get to that.

How many people would argue Blade gives any sort of fight to Optimus Prime or Starscream, I wonder?

How many people would argue Snake Eyes gives any sort of fight to Ghost Rider, Thor, or Silver Surfer. Everyone has fought high-level opponents. If we play that game, Blade definitely comes out on top. The main thing is, quantifiably, Blade just has some better strength feats, he has supernatural weaponry, and a healing factor. Off that, he should take this more often than not.

cdtm
How many people would argue Snake Eyes gives any sort of fight to Ghost Rider, Thor, or Silver Surfer. Everyone has fought high-level opponents. If we play that game, Blade definitely comes out on top. The main thing is, quantifiably, Blade just has some better strength feats, he has supernatural weaponry, and a healing factor. Off that, he should take this more often than not.

I'd say Blade has no business giving touch fights to any of them. He's beneath Spider Man in stats, and Spidey gives tough fights to those characters. And it's still PIS.

But if all is fair, then yeah, Snake Eyes absolutely could beat Thor or Ghost Rider.

Vanguard
I'd say Blade has no business giving touch fights to any of them. He's beneath Spider Man in stats, and Spidey gives tough fights to those characters. And it's still PIS.

But if all is fair, then yeah, Snake Eyes absolutely could beat Thor or Ghost Rider.

Blade is not beneath Spiderman in stats. He is very comparable to Spiderman in stats. Even Deadpool know Blade is way stronger than people understand. He breaks the fourth wall to make this clear.

https://i.ibb.co/QXpsDMt/168-C57-F1-55-DC-4833-A9-E8-CA44-CE47-E19-C.jpg

Trackz

But if all is fair, then yeah, Snake Eyes absolutely could beat Thor or Ghost Rider. and snake eyes has no business giving tough fights to optimus prime.

Snake eyes is also below Blade in stats and equipment. If all is fair snake eyes loses.

cdtm
Originally posted by Vanguard
Blade is not beneath Spiderman in stats. He is very comparable to Spiderman in stats. Even Deadpool know Blade is way stronger than people understand. He breaks the fourth wall to make this clear.

https://i.ibb.co/QXpsDMt/168-C57-F1-55-DC-4833-A9-E8-CA44-CE47-E19-C.jpg

That may be, I always thought his stats seemed low.

Smurph
Originally posted by Vanguard
Blade is not beneath Spiderman in stats. lol

cdtm
https://readcomiconline.li/Comic/Revolution/Issue-4?id=94648&readType=0#6

Snake Eyes blocks bullets from a space ship.

A really small Micronaut space ship, but still a space ship.

cdtm
and snake eyes has no business giving tough fights to optimus prime.

Snake eyes is also below Blade in stats and equipment. If all is fair snake eyes loses.

Ftr, Starscream isn't Prime.

Arcee was mildly annoyed at losing an eye, he had to be saved by Soundwave sound blasting the room.

cdtm
Originally posted by deathslash

Gonna add info he neglected to mention: It was Fake Eyes who dun impressed Rom.

You know, the guy that this same poster claimed losing to Quick Kick meant nothing because he wasn't the "real" Snake Eyes. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.