Lor San Tekka??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
One of the guidebooks I read said that he possesses a bunch of esoteric knowledge related to the Jedi.

How extensive was his knowledge base? Was he akin to Jocasta Nu in terms of the knowledge he held?

Tzeentch
He's exactly the same as Jocasta Nu.

Which is to say, a complete non-character in the films, who will need about ten years of expanded universe content written about him before we understand his capabilities.

Sheev
Lor is supposed to know pretty much everything there is to know about the Jedi and Sith. So ya , Jocasta is a good comparison I'd say.

Galan007
I wouldn't put Lor's knowledge on par with Jocasta's, tbh.

Granted, his knowledge of the Force was certainly extensive...
-"In his travels, Lor San Tekka uncovered much of the history of the Jedi Knights that the Galactic Empire had tried so hard to erase."
-"Lor San Tekka uncovered many fragments of the ancient Jedi traditions that the Old Empire had worked so hard to destroy."
-"There's not a sacred site or Jedi ruin that Lor hasn't seen."

Additionally, Lor helped Luke track down ancient Jedi temples/artifacts after the fall of the Empire, and his knowledge of Jedi history also helped Luke reestablish the Order... Suffice to say, Lor knew a lot about the Jedi.

Jocasta, however, knew everything there was to know about both the Jedi/light side AND Sith/dark side(and that's according to Palpatine himself, who doesn't typically go around hyper-wanking Jedi.) Logically speaking, the only character in canon who would have known just as much as(and very likely more than) Jocasta, was Luke.

Sheev
Interesting thx. So it sounds like Lor really just studied the Jedi order, where Jocastu Nu studied the Sith as well as the Jedi.

Eli Vanto
While we're on the subject- how do you guys think Minister Hydan compares to Jocasta Nu and Lor San Tekka in terms of their respective knowledge bases?

Galan007
Originally posted by Sheev
Interesting thx. So it sounds like Lor really just studied the Jedi order, where Jocastu Nu studied the Sith as well as the Jedi. Lor studied both aspects of the force:
https://i.imgur.com/asp2Fxy.jpg

But he undoubtedly placed most of his emphasis on the Jedi/light side.

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
While we're on the subject- how do you guys think Minister Hydan compares to Jocasta Nu and Lor San Tekka in terms of their respective knowledge bases? Hydan was an advisor to Palpatine himself, and also possessed an abundance of knowledge pertaining to the Force. When Palpatine discovered a possible gateway to TWBW, he specifically sent Hydan to research/examine it... Which is telling.

I'd say he and Lor are comparable in terms of the cumulative knowledge they held, though I might be inclined to put Hydan a bit higher on the totem pole(but that's just my opinion.)

Either way, I'd love to see a discussion between them. thumb up

Eli Vanto
Are those Super Battledroids in the background of the page you posted? If so why are they red and gold?? Different models we've never seen before??

Galan007
They're standard droids left over from the Trade Federation.

They were just decorated/embellished by the Neimoidians to give them a more 'regal' appearance or w/e(the facility they were at was meant to be extremely high-end.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.