Thanos w regulator vs Elaine Belloc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
Who wins

Stoic
TOAA wins. What exactly is Elaine going to do here?

SquallX
Originally posted by Stoic
TOAA wins. What exactly is Elaine going to do here?

Kill Thanos.

Stoic
How?

SquallX

Stoic
That avenue is no longer viable though. TOAA would immediately pull Elaine into his reality and she'd forget what it was that she was supposed to do. Thanos became the Marvel Omniverse. He is everything, in everything from before time til after Elaine's time, he would even be Elaine. You get it? He is above her in all ways. Starlin recently wrote the last Thanos comic. As far as canon goes Thanos became the entire Marvel Omniverse, minus Adam Warlock Eros, and to a lesser degree Pip. Everything else is the totality of what he is.

Senor Cage
Elaine.

Stoic
How?

Sin I AM
Elaine. Thanos just absorbed a bunch of fodder comics who couldn't handle one universe

SquallX
That avenue is no longer viable though. TOAA would immediately pull Elaine into his reality and she'd forget what it was that she was supposed to do. Thanos became the Marvel Omniverse. He is everything, in everything from before time til after Elaine's time, he would even be Elaine. You get it? He is above her in all ways. Starlin recently wrote the last Thanos comic. As far as canon goes Thanos became the entire Marvel Omniverse, minus Adam Warlock Eros, and to a lesser degree Pip. Everything else is the totality of what he is.

And Elaine is the totally of Vertigo.

MrMind

TOAA is not omnipotent stated on panel

Thanos is not exactly omnipotent either as he was new to his power and the story clearly showed he lacked omniscience, as he has trouble finding where eros and that little troll is throughout different points in time, It was clear that he was affecting the entire marvel multiverse

however he did not become one with the omniverse like you suggested

we see eros and the troll jumped in some distorted pocket dimension out of thanos' reach

I don't see neither of them being superior to Elaine in any way

Sin I AM
Was he affecting the multiverse or the universe. Because it only looked like one universe

Classic NES
Elaine

LordGod
Elaine.

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Was he affecting the multiverse or the universe. Because it only looked like one universe

TOAA affects all universes, and was stated to be in all things.

Originally posted by SquallX
And Elaine is the totally of Vertigo.

When was the Vertigo U larger than the Marvel Omniverse?

Sin I AM
TOAA affects all universes, and was stated to be in all things.

So multiversal in scope but not in power. And even that is questionable because he was powerless in an unbalanced system

Stoic
So multiversal in scope but not in power. And even that is questionable because he was powerless in an unbalanced system

Where and when was he unbalanced? Give examples if you can. Also, who could challenge him when not even TOAA was able to do anything against him.

MrMind
Originally posted by MrMind
TOAA is not omnipotent stated on panel

Thanos is not exactly omnipotent either as he was new to his power and the story clearly showed he lacked omniscience, as he has trouble finding where eros and that little troll is throughout different points in time, It was clear that he was affecting the entire marvel multiverse

however he did not become one with the omniverse like you suggested

we see eros and the troll jumped in some distorted pocket dimension out of thanos' reach

I don't see neither of them being superior to Elaine in any way

Diesldude

SquallX

Sin I AM
Where and when was he unbalanced? Give examples if you can. Also, who could challenge him when not even TOAA was able to do anything against him.

I'm talking about TOAA not Thanos. But Thanos wasn't omnipotent either as seen by pip, eros and AW.

xJLxKing

cdtm

Galan007
Rectonned.

It was later stated that a peak Spectre(who only represents a fraction of the Presnece's power) > GEB.

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
Rectonned.

It was later stated that a peak Spectre(who only represents a fraction of the Presnece's power) > GEB.

The JSA story.

That smelled like an unnecessary jab at Alan Moore, as if the writer didn't want his Ragnarok arc overshadowed. Didn't make sense, since it contradicts the story of Presence himself being threatened.

Stoic
I'm talking about TOAA not Thanos. But Thanos wasn't omnipotent either as seen by pip, eros and AW.

Okay, so Thanos was composed of every single entity, and every single molecule in the Marvel Omniverse except for Eros, Pip, and Adam Warlock. Do you feel as if those 3 critically reduced his power level? Just think about it for a second. The only reason that he couldn't detect Pip was because he was in close proximity to Eros who became an anomaly like Adam Warlock has always been. Thanos as far as I understood superceded TOAA and is pretty much the new TOAA.

SquallX

SquallX

Stoic

Galan007

Sin I AM
Okay, so Thanos was composed of every single entity, and every single molecule in the Marvel Omniverse except for Eros, Pip, and Adam Warlock. Do you feel as if those 3 critically reduced his power level? Just think about it for a second. The only reason that he couldn't detect Pip was because he was in close proximity to Eros who became an anomaly like Adam Warlock has always been. Thanos as far as I understood superceded TOAA and is pretty much the new TOAA.

TOAA is not omnipotent because he couldn't stop Thanos.
Thanos wasn't omnipotent because he couldn't stop AW, Pip and Eros.
TOAA explicitly explained to LT that he wasn't omnipotent as he was only so in a balanced system.
Thanos couldn't locate Pip and AW so he wasn't omniscient.
TOAA wasn't multiversal because he couldn't overcome the regulators power which was stated to only be universal.
Omnipotence means the ability to do anything and TOAA/Thanos tried and failed to do multiple things.
That also means that there are well defined limits to their power.

xJLxKing

xJLxKing
Rectonned.

You have issue number?

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/aNzEnas.jpg
Spectre v2 #1

cdtm
https://i.imgur.com/aNzEnas.jpg
Spectre v2 #1

Forgot about that.

I was talking more about the direct reference in the final JSA story when they went to Ragnarok, and Spectre claims a mere fraction of his power was facing the GEB at the same time as that story.

Neither retcon makes sense, because Moore built up the GEB as the equal of the Presence, and doom for everything. The greatest mages at the time confirmed this was a crisis unlike any other. Spectre was crying and helpless fgs, why wouldn't he simply recall some of this vast reserve of power?

SquallX

SquallX

Stoic
TOAA is not omnipotent because he couldn't stop Thanos.
Thanos wasn't omnipotent because he couldn't stop AW, Pip and Eros.
TOAA explicitly explained to LT that he wasn't omnipotent as he was only so in a balanced system.
Thanos couldn't locate Pip and AW so he wasn't omniscient.
TOAA wasn't multiversal because he couldn't overcome the regulators power which was stated to only be universal.
Omnipotence means the ability to do anything and TOAA/Thanos tried and failed to do multiple things.
That also means that there are well defined limits to their power.

TOAA was omnipotent. Plot opened a hole for Thanos to usurp that very same omnipotence that made up TOAA. Thanos is currently TOAA and I suspect that his ascension will be a permanent one.

Eros, and Adam Warlock are anomalies and Pip is as well, albeit to a lesser degree. Without Eros being in close proximity to Pip, Thanos would've easily located the Troll. Warlock has always been an anomaly, so it's no wonder that Thanos has trouble seeing Adam Warlock. I'm not 100 on why Eros becomes omniversally anomalous, but he is.

What are these multiples of things that he could not accomplish, because at this point it seems like you're caught up with a Trio that Hercules may be able to defeat. What about all of the other things in the omniverse that make up for all that he is? Real talk, you seem overcritical here.

Diesldude

Stoic

cdtm
Based on those 3. Not a good enough reason imo. Read the book, and tell me what it says. Once you do that, look up what TOAA is. Thanos snuck in the back door and usurped that power. If I missed something aside from the three of these guys that would likely lose to a mid to high herald, it really changes little as far as the scope of TOAA's powers. Adam Warlock as I mentioned has always been out of sync with reality. His anomalous nature was argued by Eternity when he was stripped of the Infinity Gauntlet.

Like I said, read up on what TOAA was/is.

Thanos is out of sync too. And LT called that "Survival of the Fittest" when asked to intervene.

LT is such a dick.

8swords
current Marvel cosmic hierarchy sucks, elaine wins

DeadpoolXXX
laughing out loud true.

marvel cosmics are a joke.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Thanos is out of sync too. And LT called that "Survival of the Fittest" when asked to intervene.

LT is such a dick.

LT was powerless to do anything though. Those forces are well above him, which is clear when TOAA chastised him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.