The Big one... what tier is Superman in?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
As the title. Serious answers.

Galan007
As powerful as he needs to be, and I don't understand how that's even debatable, tbh..?

xJLxKing

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
As powerful as he needs to be, and I don't understand how that's even debatable, tbh..?

This also applies to Batman. smile

Insane Titan
You just know who voted for superman to only be in the herald tier laughing out loud

carver9
I didnt even vote in here but I'm glad to have read that message. Putting you on ignore. FINALLY (dancing in joy).

Galan007
IT didn't even mention your name, carver.

Why are you getting so insecure/defensive? mmm

Adam Grimes
Lmao

Insane Titan

cdtm
It's DS's fault for changing his name.

Waiting on IT01.

Damborgson

Putinbot1
Did you know I got mocked for making that argument almost exactly 15 years ago? I now believe he is in a special category Antibody of the DC multiverse. He has a pathogens number, ask Darkseid in final crisis, world forger or Dr M.

Sin I AM
trans

LordofBrooklyn
All those who voted trans are....

FILTHY LIARS!!!

Superman surpassed that level years ago as confirmed by Mxy.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Did you know I got mocked for making that argument almost exactly 15 years ago? I now believe he is in a special category Antibody of the DC multiverse. He has a pathogens number, ask Darkseid in final crisis, world forger or Dr M.

15 years ago you got mocked for that? I would have expected that to be a totally agreed opinion back then. Weird...

He thankfully has many many defeats to balance his highs. That also comes with the territory of having so many appearances of course.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Damborgson
15 years ago you got mocked for that? I would have expected that to be a totally agreed opinion back then. Weird...

He thankfully has many many defeats to balance his highs. That also comes with the territory of having so many appearances of course. we had Macus and all the anti Supes fanboys, in those days far less people were actually comic fans.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
IT didn't even mention your name, carver.

Why are you getting so insecure/defensive? mmm

Lol... not any of those. I just feel like I was late putting him on ignore, that's all.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Lol. Classic.

Insane Titan

CatL18
He can be any tier because He seems to be officially as strong as he need to be.
Most people in VS related forum don't to accept it though.
I don't know why.

DeadpoolXXX
Originally posted by CatL18
He can be any tier because He seems to be officially as strong as he need to be.
Most people in VS related forum don't to accept it though.
I don't know why. thumb up

qwertyuiop1998
Like many posters in this thread mentioned before, He seems as powerful as he needs to be( I mean, Sure, most characters are as powerful as the writers need them to be, But in superman case that concept is particularly noticeable)
But if you asking me must put him into a particular tier, I will put him to Skyfather since during recent years he has performed many high end showings

Galan007
My opinion is that Superman's 'average' nowadays would be trans, but he can(and very often does) step it up to whatever level is needed in order to stop a given threat... Even if that threat is an upper-end cosmic being.

For that reason it is very difficult to limit/confine him to a particular tier, because he literally is as powerful as he needs to be... Moreso than any other comic book character I can think of.

Magnificent M
Might as well call it the Superman tier, and that's fine.

Philosophía
The answer of this question is obvious -- at this point in time, when the chips are down, there's a scarcity of cosmic beings that Superman would beat where everybody wouldn't be "eh, not surprised". Stories have actual plot points of "Superman is the greatest defender of the megaverse upon which literally everything revolves" as Manhattan types are waiting to see if they die when Superman punches them, or more generic superhero stories where they tease how much Superman holds back, only to briefly accelerate and solo two amped super-heroes in one fell swoop

-Pr-
Originally posted by Putinbot1
As the title. Serious answers.

imo, he defies classification. And I hate it.

StiltmanFTW
Low street.

DarkSaint85
Its really the same way Batman is treated, except on the street levelm

Philosophía
First time I'll use this meme, but..

Nobody:
Darksaint: BATMAN!

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

CatL18
According to Comicvine, Rebirth Superman is weakest Superman in main continuity.
I don't understand what is their basis because comics I have read about Rebirth Superman put him above Post-crisis Superman.
Do you understand what basis?

TheHulkster
According to Comicvine, Rebirth Superman is weakest Superman in main continuity.
I don't understand what is their basis because comics I have read about Rebirth Superman put him above Post-crisis Superman.
Do you understand what basis?

His two solo titles.

JBL
Herald. ALL heros are as powerful as they need to be. Superman is nothing special. It's done ALL the time from Antman to Zeus. What fun or exciting reading that would come from a hero that beats a foe that's just as powerful? What excitement is there if a hero defeat a foe and the hero is a LOT more powerful?? Or could it be that writers LET heros defeat foes that are a LOT more powerful than the hero or heros? Take a guess which one writers useðŸ‘

-Pr-
Originally posted by TheHulkster
His two solo titles.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you saying that his solo titles since Rebirth back up the theory that he's weak? If so, under what writer? The likes of Bendis and Tomasi have been wanking him harder than Lois Lane ever could.

CatL18
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you saying that his solo titles since Rebirth back up the theory that he's weak? If so, under what writer? The likes of Bendis and Tomasi have been wanking him harder than Lois Lane ever could.
People think Superman is weakling because he has struggled with Red Cloud despite the fact he has been holding back.
People see only scan about Superman's low-showing.

playa1258
CV is full of idiots.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Magnificent M
Might as well call it the Superman tier, and that's fine.

Perfect

xJLxKing
Originally posted by playa1258
CV is full of idiots.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Damborgson

He thankfully has many many defeats to balance his highs. That also comes with the territory of having so many appearances of course.

People get mocked on this site repeatedly anytime they don't absolutely agree with everybody on how awesome Superman is. That has been going on here every single day for as long as I have been here.

-Pr-
You guys have some selective memories messed

Putinbot1
You guys have some selective memories messed Most of them have actually been on this site that long by our standards.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
People get mocked on this site repeatedly anytime they don't absolutely agree with everybody on how awesome Superman is. That has been going on here every single day for as long as I have been here.

It's actually gotten much worse.

Adam Grimes
As it should be.

NemeBro
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's actually gotten much worse. thumb up

Damborgson

-Pr-
KMC having a strong pro-Superman stance is a relatively recent occurrence. It has always had Superman supporters, sure, but they were always contending, if not flat out drowned out by other characters and their supporters. It's a combination of factors, including those previous members leaving, characters that were once hyped being largely shit on in their own comics, and DC basically saying (and thereby supporting) what a few people have been saying for years.

Any talk about how KMC has had this long-term DC or Superman bias is a load of bollocks, imo. I mean, Superman didn't even have trolls back then. Now they're all over the place.

LordofBrooklyn
I am responsible for bringing The House of El into the Golden Age and Superman with it!

The evidence is UNDENIABLE!

-Pr-
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I am responsible for bringing The House of El into the Golden Age and Superman with it!

The evidence is UNDENIABLE!

Evidence has to exist before it can be denied.

StiltmanFTW
No red font = impotent LoB

-Pr-

thumb up

Putinbot1

The evidence is UNDENIABLE! All true thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
Evidence has to exist before it can be denied.

You are a TRAITOR that I ousted from The House Of El a long time ago!

The Superman support under my reign is UNDENIABLE the threads don't lie!!!

LordofBrooklyn

YOU ARE ON BORROWED TIME

-Pr-
You are a TRAITOR that I ousted from The House Of El a long time ago!

The Superman support under my reign is UNDENIABLE the threads don't lie!!!

But you do.

LordofBrooklyn
But you do.

PROVE IT, BADALICKER!!!

Parmaniac
No red font = impotent LoB Goku has his ultra instinct aura, LoB has his ultra retard font.

-Pr-
PROVE IT, BADALICKER!!!

You made the claim, you back it up. I understand that might be hard for you, but please, try.

BrolyBlack
Badalickerlaughing out loud

LordofBrooklyn
You made the claim, you back it up. I understand that might be hard for you, but please, try.

I seized control of The House Of El in 2013 you can DIRECTLY trace Superman's respect on these boards and ascension in comics to MY REIGN! You've never had MORE Superman threads and VICTORIES in those threads than under MY LEADERSHIP!!!!

WHO OUSTED THE FOLLOWING CLANS?

The WRETCHED Thor Corps!

ME!!!

The FILTHY Gammites!

ME!!!

The PATHETIC Glinting Bastards!

ME!!!

The ABOMINATION that is The Thanosi!

ME!!!

Your leadership was marked by both FAILURE and open DISRESPECT for The Man of Steel on this forum!

Philosophía
Only 16% of people still think he's herald tier.

Good times.

MrMind
I can guess who voted for herald:
Alberto, Carver, Hulkster, Celey, Rage, Darthgoober, tkitna, JBL THE GREAT

somewhat like that

carver9
Now would you like for us to name who voted for trans tier?

MrMind
guess which one I voted Carv

DarkSaint85
Put it this way.

I ain't voted yet.

carver9
Originally posted by MrMind
guess which one I voted Carv

That's easy.

As powerful as he needs to be.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Every superhero can be "as powerful as they need to be" if the writer wants to make it happen. I'm not sure how that's a unique thing, realistically it's herald tier. "as powerful as they need to be" just sounds dumb, HULK can become as powerful as he needs to be. its a story at the end of the day, not battle boards based

MrMind
Originally posted by carver9
That's easy.

As powerful as he needs to be.

I actually voted for skyfather

carver9
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Every superhero can be "as powerful as they need to be" if the writer wants to make it happen. I'm not sure how that's a unique thing, realistically it's herald tier. "as powerful as they need to be" just sounds dumb, HULK can become as powerful as he needs to be. its a story at the end of the day, not battle boards based

Agreed. Everyone have shown that ability... Spiderman, Superman and Hulk are famous for it. Cant honestly think of anyone else tbh. Use to be Thor. I think Surfer qualifies as well but his appearances are limited.

carver9
Originally posted by MrMind
I actually voted for skyfather

No comment!!!

DarkSaint85
Just pointing out that Alberto and Carv are both agreeing that Superman is as powerful as he needs to be, lol.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Agreed. Everyone have shown that ability... Spiderman, Superman and Hulk are famous for it. Cant honestly think of anyone else tbh. Use to be Thor. I think Surfer qualifies as well but his appearances are limited.

exactly, why is why it doesn't mean anything, herald is his set level

XLR87T3
Do you understand what basis? Well, according to BruceRoger's arguments were that he loses to a dragon that was defeated by a gas pipe explosion, the same issue Clark benchpressed the earth, and basically Superman loses all the time to things he shouldn't.

My view is that Superman is still herald tier, but like the very peak of herald tier. Like Lord Marvell, the guy who wrecked and almost killed the Annihilators, a team full of haxy planet busting herald tier badasses. He also vaporized Magus, who effortlessly destroyed 7 planets.

Also, Superman relies heavily on scaling for how hard his punches are. Marvel and manga uses objective power feats, like destroying entire planets or even stars. Of course, Superman now finally destroys a planet, but it took a while for the confirmation of what we already suspected.

The mere fact that Lex Luthor, the smartest man in the world, can go toe to toe with this beast just puts in perspective how intelligent this man is. I've seen smart guys in other comics, but they're never written to be smart, only told to the reader and then they make some contraption to prove it (because otherwise we'd have no reason to believe it). Lex Luthor is literally written to be brilliant, think about that.

LordofBrooklyn
Now would you like for us to name who voted for trans tier?

I DEMAND YOU REVEAL YOUR VOTE, GAMMITE!!!

-Pr-
When you read these threads, you can always tell who reads Superman comics and who doesn't.

StiltmanFTW
Pr.

Have you deleted Ewok vs. Whirly thread?

We're looking for the criminal who did that.

Whirly is so pissed, he PM'd he he'll flood this entire site with thousands of sock accounts, overloading it for good, unless the perpetrator reveals himself miffed

Juntai
the very bottom of Superman's power is above herald level. He can be roughed up or on rare occasion lose to one whos punching out of his weight class if he continues to hold back or underestimate them.

Superman in Superman mode is generally nigh unstoppable. He's the physical manifest of hope, which DC views as the most powerful concept.

https://imgur.com/gallery/sLoVk

-Pr-
Pr.

Have you deleted Ewok vs. Whirly thread?

We're looking for the criminal who did that.

Whirly is so pissed, he PM'd he he'll flood this entire site with thousands of sock accounts, overloading it for good, unless the perpetrator reveals himself miffed

I didn't close it. I thought i even voted for the Ewok.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Juntai
the very bottom of Superman's power is above herald level. He can be roughed up or on rare occasion lose to one whos punching out of his weight class if he continues to hold back or underestimate them.

Superman in Superman mode is generally nigh unstoppable. He's the physical manifest of hope, which DC views as the most powerful concept.

https://imgur.com/gallery/sLoVk

That's one of the endless..... laughing out loud NOW that's what you call a reach. Superman is no where on ANY of the endless level, stop right there

and I'm talking battleboard, not plot driven.

StiltmanFTW
I didn't close it. I thought i even voted for the Ewok.

laughing out loud

thumb up

Weird. Could you check if it's in the recycle bin?

-Pr-
It is, but globals can't unbin threads. You need an admin for that.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, I know. Thanks.

I was just wondering if it was removed from the bin as well (Galan remembers one time something like that happened, even though Raz wasn't around).

Juntai
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
That's one of the endless..... laughing out loud NOW that's what you call a reach. Superman is no where on ANY of the endless level, stop right there

and I'm talking battleboard, not plot driven. I know who it is. The point was their game. Hope is the highest concept. Once Morpheus said he would be hope, it was the end of the game. There was no ideal higher.

Superman represents the hope of the multiverse and the reader.

Even Dr Manhattan understood that Superman was the end of the road when you muck with reality.

When reality is at risk, it sends it's highest idea, its most powerful concept, Superman.

He's as powerful as he needs to be.

Coincidentally Hope beat Antilife in the game, and in Final Crisis Hope beat Anti-Life also.

-Pr-
Yeah, I know. Thanks.

I was just wondering if it was removed from the bin as well (Galan remembers one time something like that happened, even though Raz wasn't around).

I don't think they self-delete automatically after a time, but I could be wrong.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Juntai
I know who it is. The point was their game. Hope is the highest concept. Once Morpheus said he would be hope, it was the end of the game. There was no ideal higher.

Superman represents the hope of the multiverse and the reader.

Even Dr Manhattan understood that Superman was the end of the road when you muck with reality.

When reality is at risk, it sends it's highest idea, its most powerful concept, Superman.

He's as powerful as he needs to be.

Coincidentally Hope beat Antilife in the game, and in Final Crisis Hope beat Anti-Life also.

THAT only APPLIES TO DC. and ONLY DC, I'm talking battleboard which isn't based off plot or some metatextual shit

BrolyBlack
It really is ashame Alberto gets to troll endlessly with zero consequences. No one is this dumb. This is worse than what Carver does.

Parmaniac
I wanted to vote but I don't see the street tier option

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I wanted to vote but I don't see the street tier option

love

Marry me.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
It really is ashame Alberto gets to troll endlessly with zero consequences. No one is this dumb. This is worse than what Carver does.

Just read his posts in the context of him being a kid and you can let a lot slide.

-Pr-
Originally posted by BrolyBlack

He's been banned twice. GTFO with that bullshit.

Besides, you're in in no position to talk.

Putinbot1
Yeah, I know. Thanks.

I was just wondering if it was removed from the bin as well (Galan remembers one time something like that happened, even though Raz wasn't around). I suspect someone I've triggered at some point went full button on that thread. Happens... to me sometimes...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.