Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
An R-rated animated movie

I1vccr3yWBU

BruceSkywalker
something i just might buy

Ridley_Prime
Not feeling the overall choice in animation aesthetic. It's been DC-ized; a style I normally like otherwise, but with MK something about it just feels kinda off to me.

Also seems like a generic retelling of MK1, but it's something I guess.

Kazenji
I'm hoping that they release a red band trailer to show some of the violent scenes.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Wish it was CG animated. That'd be epic.

Like the Zemeckis Beowulf and such. I think that can work really well when used properly.

riv6672

dynamix
this is so dope!

-Pr-
Red Band Trailer with much gore and a bit of swearing:

pnFTl4MzCXY

Ridley_Prime
Definitely better than the first trailer, will give it that.

riv6672
Jesus ppl in that universe just explode upon contact. laughing

Estacado
Looks dope!!!

Estacado
This was pretty good....

Had a bit too much Scorpion wank Imo...

playa1258
Pretty good. Scorpion was the shit in the film.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Estacado
Had a bit too much Scorpion wank Imo...

It does have his name in the title after all.

Estacado
He was pretty much unstoppable here......

I mean he just raped anyone he faced without a challenge...

Galan007
I enjoyed this quite a bit.

I was hooked after the first 10mins. Absolute gore-fest. thumb up

TheVaultDweller
I enjoyed it overall. Kano was phucking joke though, even by the character's usual standards.

riv6672
He was pretty much unstoppable here......

I mean he just raped anyone he faced without a challenge...
Ah, one of -those- portrayals. sad

Estacado
He made Goro look like a noob...he did kill with a cheap shot but still...

StiltmanFTW
Scorp is Ed Boon's favorite character and this is his movie.

So of course he rapes those pussies.

Galan007
He made Goro look like a noob...he did kill with a cheap shot but still... Like you said, though, it was a complete cheap shot.

But I have no doubt that Scorpion would have still dominated Goro in a legitimate fight. Dude was next level haxx in this.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Scorp is Ed Boon's favorite character and this is his movie.

So of course he rapes those pussies.
Scorpion wasnt always written like some gary stu though. I think his ever growing popularity from game to game etc (in addition to being the lead developer favorite) just enabled them to eventually go all out in wanking him. Scorp has also become another corporate icon at this point I guess, as shown by the thing with him, Daffy Duck, and the WB logo at the beginning (still havent seen the movie yet, just bits and pieces).

riv6672
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Scorpion wasnt always written like some gary stu though. I think his ever growing popularity from game to game etc (in addition to being the lead developer favorite) just enabled them to eventually go all out in wanking him. Scorp has also become another corporate icon at this point I guess, as shown by the thing with him, Daffy Duck, and the WB logo at the beginning (still havent seen the movie yet, just bits and pieces).
Yeah, nothing like an unbeatable character that nothing presents a challenge to, it really keeps the interest for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.... confused

TheVaultDweller
Even if Scorpion was a bit OP in this film, I still enjoyed his fights with Sub-Zero and Quan Chi. Was also funny seeing Raiden clown Goro when he helped Jax. He pretty much KO'd him with a backhand lol.

Robtard
The beginning scene/fight with Scorpion was good, enjoyed it and was a bit amazed at the amount of gore they showed.

After that, the story went downhill and most of the other characters were shit.

TheVaultDweller
I do think it could have benefited from a longer runtime. I felt like things became very rushed once the actual tournament started. It went from that point to the final showdown in like 15-20 minutes. More screen time could have fleshed out the plot and other characters more.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Exactly.

It was Scorpion's time to shine. Finally.

Sub-Zero had his own game, dammit, in which he sodomized Shinnok himself.

So good ol' Scorpy getting his five minutes is only fair.

Robtard

in which he sodomized Shinnok himself.

Literally or figuratively?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Robtard
Literally or figuratively?

Literally.

https://i.ibb.co/x2z0BPD/shinnokzero.png

Surtur
Hope he don't jerk off with his left hand cuz he about to lose it

riv6672
Call me when Johnny Cage gets to Gary all over the place. yes

TheVaultDweller
Johnny Cage was a decent fighter but a total idiot (they really played that part up) in this one. Which is still better than Kano lol, who sucked on every level.

playa1258
Scorpion could stomp Kang,Cage and Sonya at the same time in this film.

riv6672
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Johnny Cage was a decent fighter but a total idiot (they really played that part up) in this one. Which is still better than Kano lol, who sucked on every level.
I don't mind Johnny being dumb, it fits the character...!

BruceSkywalker
man this was the shit.. love the violence.. scorpion rules

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by riv6672
I don't mind Johnny being dumb, it fits the character...!

I dunno. There is Cage being dumb and then there is taking literally half the movie to realise the tournament is real. Even after he had literally already fought and beaten Baraka, he was still like "uh, so is this a movie gig or not". Sonya basically had to sit him down like a child and explain it before he finally caught on.

dynamix
Literally.

https://i.ibb.co/x2z0BPD/shinnokzero.png

lmao

and yeah this was def a scorpion wank fest. he's cool but i always felt like liu kang should be the main protagonist. alas virtue is uncool in today's society. moping "badasses" are the cool thing now.

riv6672
I dunno. There is Cage being dumb and then there is taking literally half the movie to realise the tournament is real. Even after he had literally already fought and beaten Baraka, he was still like "uh, so is this a movie gig or not". Sonya basically had to sit him down like a child and explain it before he finally caught on.
Daaamn, that IS dumb! laughing

TheVaultDweller
Daaamn, that IS dumb! laughing

Yeah. Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that he was actually decently athletic and agile I'd have been surprised that he hadn't accidentally killed himself by falling off the toilet and smacking his head on a sink or something.

riv6672

SquallX
Call me when Johnny Cage gets to Gary all over the place. yes

Did you play 10? The Cage family possessed the Green energy that allowed them to fight and beat Gods like Shinnok.

Say what you want about the original, at least Liu Kang beating Goro, Shang and Khan made sense since he trained all his life to reach that level. And one of his teacher was Raiden, the God of Thunder that beat Shinnok millennia ago.

The fact that the new team was able beat the new Khan of outworld, they also manage to beat the shit out of evil Kang, Kitana and Lao. Worse yet, Jax who was retired for 10 years plus came back and absolutely embarrassed Sindel. Those evil characters were battling for close to 20 years.

Ever since Ed took full control, Mortal Kombat kinda became idiotic story wise. Not that it was a master piece from the get go, but at least it made sense in a way.

TheVaultDweller

Estacado
Originally posted by SquallX
Did you play 10? The Cage family possessed the Green energy that allowed them to fight and beat Gods like Shinnok.

Say what you want about the original, at least Liu Kang beating Goro, Shang and Khan made sense since he trained all his life to reach that level. And one of his teacher was Raiden, the God of Thunder that beat Shinnok millennia ago.

The fact that the new team was able beat the new Khan of outworld, they also manage to beat the shit out of evil Kang, Kitana and Lao. Worse yet, Jax who was retired for 10 years plus came back and absolutely embarrassed Sindel. Those evil characters were battling for close to 20 years.

Ever since Ed took full control, Mortal Kombat kinda became idiotic story wise. Not that it was a master piece from the get go, but at least it made sense in a way.

MK powercreep has been awful since MK9.

Phuckin Stryker beat Goro and Kintaro together.....haermm

dynamix
I dunno. There is Cage being dumb and then there is taking literally half the movie to realise the tournament is real. Even after he had literally already fought and beaten Baraka, he was still like "uh, so is this a movie gig or not". Sonya basically had to sit him down like a child and explain it before he finally caught on. hahaha yea he def went full

SquallX

riv6672
Even though he doesn't feature often, I've always had a soft spot for this guy:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/e04931ae-45fc-4b44-b47d-5ada2d7c70ea

Partly because I like his character design and backstory and partly due to nostalgia. MK3 was the first MK game I played when I was a little kid, and he was one of the first characters I really got the hang of playing with.
I like the weapons! eek!

You're gonna have to fill me in on who he is, though, MK3 was after my time... confused

TheVaultDweller
I like the weapons! eek!

You're gonna have to fill me in on who he is, though, MK3 was after my time... confused

MK3 is kind of after my time as well. I only played it like 4 years after it came out lol.

But his name is Kabal. He debuted in MK3 IIRC, but hasn't featured very prominently since then until some of the more recent games. He's one of those characters that kind of flip-flops between being a villain and hero, depending on the plot, as he was a survivor of a Shao Kahn attack, but also a member of the Black Dragon.

Doh, meant before my time. Not after. I think I was like 2 years old or something when the first MK game came out. Would have to check the release date to be sure though.

SquallX
MK2 was the first one i ever played. Loved every moment of it.

xPRIMEx
Scorpion has always been my favorite MK character, definitely going to watch this

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by SquallX
MK2 was the first one i ever played. Loved every moment of it.

I remember some of the goofier elements of the older MK games. For example, this from Kabal:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4f6038ea1e0153559098492b7bc389a6/tenor.gif

IIRC, he was actually the first MK character to overtly break the 4th Wall.

riv6672

Ridley_Prime
Mortal Kombat has always made things up as they went along, later leading to inconsistencies. That's not something new with MK10, or hell even the new timeline. Johnny Cage was always popular, yet shat on in the OT canon. That was something that needed to change, which was one thing the new timeline did well at least in giving him his due. As for Liu Kang, he still got his redemption arc in MK11 where he became the main hero again, so the Ed hateboner for Liu theory just seems like conspiracy reaching now... shrug

I would agree on the never crossing mediums part, but the MK10 comics was so much better written and portrayed than the in-game story, that I'm thankful for its existence after the bad taste that most of MK10's story otherwise gave me.

ShadowFyre
I like the weapons! eek!

That's Kabal

-Pr-
Movie was all right.

riv6672
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
That's Kabal
I like him! yes

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Scorpion has always been my favorite MK character, definitely going to watch this

Finally someone with good taste in this thread thumb up

Ridley_Prime
Now that I finally saw the film,

Even if Scorpion was a bit OP in this film, I still enjoyed his fights with Sub-Zero and Quan Chi. Was also funny seeing Raiden clown Goro when he helped Jax. He pretty much KO'd him with a backhand lol.
Yeah, those were good fights. Goro got to be more brutal against Jax and Liu for that matter than I thought... Also laughed when Quan Chi tried to poison Shang Tsung but Shang saw through it and held him at bay for Scorpion to deal with. Another moment and movie/entry to the franchise that made quan cry.

Khazra Reborn
This movie was awesome, picked up the steel book blu-ray yesterday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.