herald Thor (current) v Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
https://i.postimg.cc/XZ2mYyCj/81-BF7-CF6-48-C5-4-DBC-A0-F2-7-D864856500-F.jpg

v

https://i.postimg.cc/yggQ6pKj/Wonder-Woman-Rebirth-Annual-1.jpg

(rebirth diana)

carver9
Thor stomps tbh. A simple hammer throw would end this.

MrMind
WW

StiltmanFTW
Diana one-shots him.

Thelastrider
Herald Thor rather easily

Sin I AM
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
https://i.postimg.cc/XZ2mYyCj/81-BF7-CF6-48-C5-4-DBC-A0-F2-7-D864856500-F.jpg

v

https://i.postimg.cc/yggQ6pKj/Wonder-Woman-Rebirth-Annual-1.jpg

(rebirth diana)

He doesn't have any feats yet. Chill

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Harming Galactus. Tanking an amped Galactus going Nova attack. He is above Diana. He stomps this with ease.

StiltmanFTW

He'd need a few dozens of upgrades to stop sucking.

And even then, we'd force that ***** to suck.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Harming Galactus. Tanking an amped Galactus going Nova attack. He is above Diana. He stomps this with ease.

Weakened Galactus right? I'm not saying he doesn't look impressive but it's still not enough appearances to warrant him beating WW.

Stoic
Thor wins.

lawest9
Thor

Khazra Reborn

BruceSkywalker
herald of thunder ftw

Damborgson

lawest9
Agreed, when you point that out this thread may be spite.

DarkSaint85

CosmicComet
I don't think stacking the PC with Thor makes up for the lack of speed showings that can contend with Diana's best. i.e. the shattered God feat.

Sin I AM

Damborgson
https://media2.giphy.com/media/117pLPTKA6Z3RC/source.gif

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Because often, the result is less than the sum of it's parts.

Who'd win, current Thor or Colossus amped with 1/5 Phoenix Force, and with full Cytorrak amp?

Even so, Thor on his own is enough for Wonder Woman, or at the very least would be incredibly close. A boost this substantial would be overkill.

And I'm not sure. Single memebers of the P5 were already forces of nature when they fought the heroes. Colossus was also one of them, he'd be quite the battle.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
I don't think stacking the PC with Thor makes up for the lack of speed showings that can contend with Diana's best. i.e. the shattered God feat.

Thor has his other abilities to bridge the gap though, and now he has a lot of extra power and versatility ontop of his already impressive versatility. Effective versatility too no less, not Silver Surfer like versatility.

Maybe because he doesn't have the Odin Force and hasn't done anything with the PC.

https://i.imgur.com/uvePEdf.jpg

DarkSaint85
The only extra abilities he has that would bridge the gap would be some form of healing factor. Because otherwise, it doesn't matter if a guy has a Swiss Army Knife and can do 101 things, if the other guy pulls a gun on him. Thor ALWAYS had versatility on WW.

And the point I had with Colossanaut was that amps don't translate to stacking battleboard style.

Damborgson
It definitely matters if they can suspend you in mid air and then Throw Mjolnir at you.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Damborgson
It definitely matters if they can suspend you in mid air and then Throw Mjolnir at you.

Then you'd have to prove he has the reflexes AND tactical nous to do so before she uses her lasso or sword.

Again, returning to my Swiss Army Knife analogy. Your argument is essentially 'well yeah, the knife guy can easily pull out the corkscrew and take both of his opponent's eyes out, good luck aiming then!!!'. Or 'yeah well the knife guy can use the woodsaw and cut his fingers off, good luck pulling the trigger!!!'

All before the guy with the gun.....shoots him. I mean, yeah sure, it COULD happen, but the gun guy has to literally stand there until knife guy thinks yes, I'll take his eyes, gets the corkscrew, and attacks etc etc.

If current Thor opens with this attack, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, has shown he has the speed to pull this off, then sure.

Edit: also, this isn't the Hulk he's fighting. WW can fly....

lawest9
WW just isn't a match for this new version of Thor.

https://www.cbr.com/thor-2-galactus-fight-powerful/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

AlbertoJohnAvil
doesn't the PC grant TK and other abilities? speed won't mean much against the PC hax

MrMind
Originally posted by lawest9
WW just isn't a match for this new version of Thor.

https://www.cbr.com/thor-2-galactus-fight-powerful/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Explain

lawest9
Originally posted by MrMind
Explain Did you read the article?

Genii96
This is basically Thor with OF+PC, this is a freaking stomp

DarkSaint85
doesn't the PC grant TK and other abilities? speed won't mean much against the PC hax

Thor hasn't shown anything like that

Which is why I brought Colossanaut up. He didn't do 20%of what Emma or Rachel or any of the other wielders did, let alone when backed up by Cytorrak's full enchantment.

Playing battleboard stacking 'What If?s is fun and all, but unless we've seen them do it, it's not about what we would do with their powers.

Otoh, we have seen WW use her speed, use her lasso when not trying to kill, and use her sword when trying to kill.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Colossnaut had ONE FIFTH of the Phoenix Force, Thor has the FULL Odin Force, that's a horrible comparison

DarkSaint85
Colossnaut had ONE FIFTH of the Phoenix Force, Thor has the FULL Odin Force, that's a horrible comparison

Read my post again. There's a reason why I put numbers in there.

AlbertoJohnAvil
well eh... then again I do see where Saint's coming from based on Diana still using lasso on that amped superman who was exponentially more powerful than normal in new 52

AlbertoJohnAvil
That's new 52 though... so like...

and was retconned

carver9
Originally posted by Genii96
This is basically Thor with OF+PC, this is a freaking stomp

carver9
Diana do have some crazy showings though. Like Alberto said, she did beat a Superman that was amped on infinite power, outreacted Supergirl and tied her up before she could do a thing. Thor would need to be extremely careful in this fight.

DarkSaint85
That's new 52 though... so like...

and was retconned

She also used it on Grail when she wanted her to talk.

So lasso when she's not out for the kill, or sword when she's out for the kill.

And Rebirth was still plenty fast enough to deal with Supergirl and Superman.

On the other hand, Thor hasn't shown he has been upgraded to Surfer level (or indeed, any other herald) in terms of speed thanks to the PC. AS OF THIS TIME. Next week I'll probably eat my words when Cates showcases his extreme speed, but as of now, no.

celeyhyga17
Thor

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Damborgson

Better control over Mjolnir doesn't mean he has TK or TK-equivalent power.

DarkSaint85
Especially as he always controlled Mjolnir, I was told he could command them without speaking when he threw that prison planet thumb up

Now it's being hyped up to be TK? lol

StiltmanFTW
https://i.imgflip.com/3o1g7k.jpg

Philosophía

carthage

Philosophía
The point of contention here should be lasso and distance.

And considering how OP the lasso is, I'd focus on the distance, and Wonder Woman's ability to cover it before Thor thinks "away" and the hammer takes him.

DarkSaint85
That's assuming he doesn't just try and charge her and meet her head on.

Which would make roping him up easier.

Philosophía
Well, Thor is retarded, so that's a good point.

I was thinking Thor would fight at maximum efficiency and instantly extend the range.

MrMind
I'd bet money on Carver losing virginity before that happens

Putinbot1
Thor has been humiliated by Marvel long enough, he is a great character. He deserves a win with his SSJ power ups.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Thor has been humiliated by Marvel long enough, he is a great character.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-22-2017/7CD6AD.gif

celeyhyga17
That's assuming he doesn't just try and charge her and meet her head on.

Which would make roping him up easier.
He might, but...
Wouldnt he be fighting "smart" in a forum? Its not like he's nevr used tough long range openers.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He might, but...
Wouldnt he be fighting "smart" in a forum? Its not like he's nevr used tough long range openers.

I'm confused now.

Why would it be silly?

Thor went physical against Gorr... Went physical against Celestials. Went physical against Beyonders. Went physical against Surtur. He knows how pwerful those guys are. And each >>> WBH.

You're meant to be a Thor expert. Yet you clearly showcase to me how despite knowing how powerful his opponents are, he still goes Mano a Mano - so it isn't a lack of knowledge that hampers him. He ACTIVELY chose to fight physically.

Then.....in this thread, suddenly he's sniping away?

celeyhyga17
I'm confused now.

You're meant to be a Thor expert. Yet you clearly showcase to me how despite knowing how powerful his opponents are, he still goes Mano a Mano - so it isn't a lack of knowledge that hampers him. He ACTIVELY chose to fight physically.

Then.....in this thread, suddenly he's sniping away?
In a comic sure.
I thought in a forum u fight to the best of your ability? Why wouldnt he used often used moves ina smart way? He's done it before...

Btw this goes the same for any char.

DarkSaint85
You were arguing in a forum thread that's how he fights lmao.

celeyhyga17
You were arguing in a forum thread that's how he fights lmao.
Going by how u see the rules.

DarkSaint85
Wait I'm confused now.

Are you trying to say that I was right all along in the WBH/Surfer Thor thread?

Or are you trying to say I was right all along in this thread?

Either way would be fine. I can even bump the other one for you if you want lol.

celeyhyga17
Wait I'm confused now.

Are you trying to say that I was right all along in the WBH/Surfer Thor thread?

Or are you trying to say I was right all along in this thread?

Either way would be fine. I can even bump the other one for you if you want lol.
U can bump. Cant recall exactly wut i said, but i do vaguely remember some bits.
Pretty sure in that thread i was going by how it would go down in a comic. The way i originally understood the rules to be in a random fight.

DarkSaint85
U can bump. Cant recall exactly wut i said, but i do vaguely remember some bits.
Pretty sure in that thread i was going by how it would go down in a comic. The way i originally understood the rules to be in a random fight.

If you can't recall, I've quoted you - you can scroll up.

So since mid November last year, you now have revisited your understanding of the rules which haven't changed in the decade since you joined? Ok.

In any case, CIS is still on. And we still don't have the answer to Diana's speed - if Thor is just so happening to chance upon a certain tactic which he thinks gives him victory, so does Diana....who speeds over with the lasso.

celeyhyga17
Ah ok. I just revisted that thread.
I specificially said wbh would beat regular thor/surfer.
I knew i made specific stip.

I even went on to say that serious thor/surfer is another story.

Well there goes that.

DarkSaint85
So it's the same here?

Not sure why you had to add stips lol. Iyo is herald Thor serious here? Because if it's standard mindset Thor, he's not doing anything beyond going physical.

According to you

celeyhyga17
So it's the same here?

Not sure why you had to add stips lol. Iyo is herald Thor serious here? Because if it's standard mindset Thor, he's not doing anything beyond going physical.

According to you
Forum Thor/Surfer aka serious Thor/Surfer would beat wbh. Thought i made that clear in the other thread.

DarkSaint85
Not sure where OP in that thread specified Thor and Surfer had to fight exactly as they did in specific comics laughing out loud

In any case, how does it help him here? Hulk is one thing, but this is one of the fastest herald combatants out there.

celeyhyga17
He can react pretty fast himself. Even easier if it involves limited action. One or two simple moves she would already be dealing with a lot.

DarkSaint85
He can react pretty fast himself. Even easier if it involves limited action. One or two simple moves she would already be dealing with a lot.

Then am sure you can showcase current Thor doing so thumb up. And not have any low showings for current Thor, which would obviously bring his average a hell of a lot down, seeing as he's been around for like one issue.

And I REALLY trust you don't try and stack his best showings from before he got amped.... because stacking never works in practice, as we've already seen.

celeyhyga17
Then am sure you can showcase current Thor doing so thumb up. And not have any low showings for current Thor, which would obviously bring his average a hell of a lot down, seeing as he's been around for like one issue.

And I REALLY trust you don't try and stack his best showings from before he got amped.... because stacking never works in practice, as we've already seen.
So current Thor is previous Thor witb pc. Why would he be relegated to just pc thor?

DarkSaint85
Sigh, I've just explained it. Point I am trying to make this entire time is that we haven't seen enough of this herald Thor to gauge his levels.

AlbertoJohnAvil
It's Thor with OF and Power Cosmic...........................................................................

AlbertoJohnAvil
The writer blatantly tells you this but there's also those "ThATS TOO VAGUE!" people that wanna get deep into it.

DarkSaint85
Rage, get him

Stoic

Totally agree.

celeyhyga17
Sigh, I've just explained it. Point I am trying to make this entire time is that we haven't seen enough of this herald Thor to gauge his levels.
Thats already understood, obvs... I was talking about feats valid as classic/standard Thor.

MrMind
you see Phil and Dorksaint making some good points

then whole page of garbage by celey, alberto and stoic

this site suck balls, I'm coming less and less
now even worse with thorbags coming back

StiltmanFTW
That is exactly why you should come more often smile

We destroyed them once and we shall do so again.

celeyhyga17
R u bipolar?

MrMind
no I'm bi-WINNING!

StiltmanFTW
You won't be spared this time, cel thumb down

MrMind
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You won't be spared this time, cel thumb down

picture of us taking on thorbags, they fuking multiply

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9VQIQiifE5U/maxresdefault.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Take the ones on the left... I'll take the ones on the right.

We can do it, KakaMind thumb up

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by MrMind
no I'm bi-WINNING!
Riiight...

StiltmanFTW
https://i.imgflip.com/3o79ke.jpg

MrMind
unf!

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11122/111225301/7294913-looooooooooooooooooooooooool.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.