Sentry Vs. the Omega Beams.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
This is great Darkness saga Darkseid. Can HDS affect Sentry?

Stoic
Even if they could, Sentry would return.

Eon Blue
Sentry wins.

Damborgson

lawest9
Darkseid wins until he gets tired of killing Sentry and then Sentry wins, Lol!!!!!!!

Stoic

Galan007
The Omega Sanction would absolutely 'work' on Sentry.

Stoic
He would absolutely come back though, which is what I was getting at.

Galan007
Can he punch through time?

Damborgson
Jiren can

https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-07-2018/6gxe9X.gif

Galan007
If carver sees that gif he's going to wreck another pair of his panties.

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
Even if they could, Sentry would return.

Not if he sends him to the end of time.

Remember, classic DS could send you across space and time casually.

Stoic
Originally posted by Galan007
Can he punch through time?

Bob would never be there. It would only work if Darkseid somehow boom tubed to Bob's location. But how would he know this? The Sentry is just a puppet created by Robert's mind. According to his origin story; This guy warped reality to the point that he disappeared, or masked his whereabouts from all creation. That alone implies multiversal level control in scope. Which also happens to pertain to every possible time line.

Sentry is a near identical copy, or creation of a real to life vastly powerful man. Well, at least as far down to what his near identical molecules will take him. Except for one thing, his very near to real body is just a solidified concept that is created by Bob's mind. He'd just make a new Sentry. Darkseid's OS may, or may not be able to affect the Sentry's body as well, and even if it did it would be irrelevant. And even at that, it really all depends on how focused Bob's mind is. The Sentry has exhibited variable power levels without a doubt if you research what he's done in case of doubt. Bob is also the Void. Just saying.

I just don't see any proof on either side. for all we know he may allow for the sanction to work, and in an instant create a new Sentry. Sentry did resist molecular dispersion and manipulation by a powerful force after all. Owen even took note that something was different about his molecules, and how they weren't native to the universe as if he shouldn't actually exist.

In a nutshell, the Sentry is a lot like Larfleeze's ring, and constructs. Except that he's physically more sophisticated. And, while Larfleeze is present on the battlefield Bob moves to a dimension, or space with irrelevant distance to the actual encounter.

MrMind
it doesn't matter if he can return, omega sanction can temporary bfr him for a win

also DS can just beat him up straight up, sentry is not even more powerful than a single pre-crisis daxamite or kryptonian. let alone Darkseid

Stoic
Originally posted by MrMind
it doesn't matter if he can return, omega sanction can temporary bfr him for a win

also DS can just beat him up straight up, sentry is not even more powerful than a single pre-crisis daxamite or kryptonian. let alone Darkseid

We may have a different understanding of what is being asked by the OP.

Originally posted by Putinbot1

Stoic

Your claims are also baseless.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Putinbot1

Yes, without a question.

Stoic
Or, it may be mitigated by the Sentry's abilities.

DarkSaint85
Or, it may be mitigated by the Sentry's abilities.

That's not the question OP is asking? It either affects him or it doesn't.... Even if he heals or comes back or whatever, it still affects him.

Galan007
Bob would never be there. It would only work if Darkseid somehow boom tubed to Bob's location. But how would he know this? The Sentry is just a puppet created by Robert's mind. According to his origin story; This guy warped reality to the point that he disappeared, or masked his whereabouts from all creation. That alone implies multiversal level control in scope. Which also happens to pertain to every possible time line.

Sentry is a near identical copy, or creation of a real to life vastly powerful man. Well, at least as far down to what his near identical molecules will take him. Except for one thing, his very near to real body is just a solidified concept that is created by Bob's mind. He'd just make a new Sentry. Darkseid's OS may, or may not be able to affect the Sentry's body as well, and even if it did it would be irrelevant. And even at that, it really all depends on how focused Bob's mind is. The Sentry has exhibited variable power levels without a doubt if you research what he's done in case of doubt. Bob is also the Void. Just saying.

I just don't see any proof on either side. for all we know he may allow for the sanction to work, and in an instant create a new Sentry. Sentry did resist molecular dispersion and manipulation by a powerful force after all. Owen even took note that something was different about his molecules, and how they weren't native to the universe as if he shouldn't actually exist.

In a nutshell, the Sentry is a lot like Larfleeze's ring, and constructs. Except that he's physically more sophisticated. And, while Larfleeze is present on the battlefield Bob moves to a dimension, or space with irrelevant distance to the actual encounter. Eh, what?

The Sentry...Standing there in front of Darkseid(which is what this thread is asking)...Would be sent hurling through the timestream in a 'life trap' tailor made for him by the Omega Sanction.

Physical regeneration is irrelevant here. The only way for Sentry to 'beat' the Omega Sanction, is if he can 'beat' that sort of temporal manipulation.

Stoic
Eh, what?

The Sentry...Standing there in front of Darkseid(which is what this thread is asking)...Would be sent hurling through the timestream in a 'life trap' tailor made for him by the Omega Sanction.

Physical regeneration is irrelevant here. The only way for Sentry to 'beat' the Omega Sanction, is if he can 'beat' that sort of temporal manipulation.

That's what I'm saying. He isn't a creature that has to be caught up in all of those laws if Bob doesn't allow him to, because the Sentry isn't real. It all depends on Bob's psyche or state of mind. Time and all of that has no effect on the Sentry. He'd probably allow it to happen to stage his retreat, but he'd be back as soon as Bob want's him to come back. The Sentry is just a construct projected by Bob's mind, like the Void who is also from Bob's mind.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
That's not the question OP is asking? It either affects him or it doesn't.... Even if he heals or comes back or whatever, it still affects him.

That depends on Bob.

Sin I AM

In a nutshell, the Sentry is a lot like Larfleeze's ring, and constructs. Except that he's physically more sophisticated. And, while Larfleeze is present on the battlefield Bob moves to a dimension, or space with irrelevant distance to the actual encounter.

Enzeru is that you?

MrMind
the amount of cringe by stoic...

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Enzeru is that you?

the amount of cringe by stoic...

Very funny you two. It still doesn't dimish the fact that the sanction would not work on a solidified concept. The Sentry is not real. It, or he is just an image that Bob perceives himself to be. But he isn't real, nor is this solidified concept held to the same laws as a regular sentient entity. The Sentry as in the concept, can't even be called an entity. He isn't like some Shadow demon that can be controled in that way, unless Bob is in an extremely weakened state of mind. However, in this case we debate characters that are operating within optimal conditions. The reason that the Molecule Man's power didn't work on the Sentry was because Bob didn't allow it to work on the Sentry , by doing nothing other than willing it not to work on the Sentry who happens to be a solified thought construct created by his clinically damaged mind.

I'll go into this because Robert Reynolds has been diagnosed to have brain damage which obviously stems from the frontal lobe of his brain. This is what determines the power level of the Sentry. In this case he likely suffers from damage to either his amygdala, or even his limbic cortex. This is the reason behind the older extremes between him envisioning the Sentry, and his polar opposite the Void.

Anyway it just wouldn't work on him, or should I say it.

Rage.Of.Olympus

MrMind
I would hope it's not a comparison

true darkseid can collapse the multiverse by falling

void gets smashed back to robert by a helicarrier, gets eaten by fat cobra

void/sentry's reality warping is very minimal, it's just very localized molecule manipulation

I don't see how temporal manipulation just magically become his power

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus

Stoic
I would hope it's not a comparison

true darkseid can collapse the multiverse by falling

void gets smashed back to robert by a helicarrier, gets eaten by fat cobra

void/sentry's reality warping is very minimal, it's just very localized molecule manipulation

I don't see how temporal manipulation just magically become his power

Those are all low showings, and the Bob of those days suffered from extreme bouts of bipolar disorder, which affected the Sentry. Make no mistake, the OS from any Darkseid would not work on the Sentry unless Bob allowed it to.

NemeBro
Very funny you two. It still doesn't dimish the fact that the sanction would not work on a solidified concept. The Sentry is not real. It, or he is just an image that Bob perceives himself to be. But he isn't real, nor is this solidified concept held to the same laws as a regular sentient entity. The Sentry as in the concept, can't even be called an entity. He isn't like some Shadow demon that can be controled in that way, unless Bob is in an extremely weakened state of mind. However, in this case we debate characters that are operating within optimal conditions. The reason that the Molecule Man's power didn't work on the Sentry was because Bob didn't allow it to work on the Sentry , by doing nothing other than willing it not to work on the Sentry who happens to be a solified thought construct created by his clinically damaged mind.

I'll go into this because Robert Reynolds has been diagnosed to have brain damage which obviously stems from the frontal lobe of his brain. This is what determines the power level of the Sentry. In this case he likely suffers from damage to either his amygdala, or even his limbic cortex. This is the reason behind the older extremes between him envisioning the Sentry, and his polar opposite the Void.

Anyway it just wouldn't work on him, or should I say it. When has Sentry ever been portrayed like this?

When has Sentry been portrayed as a "solidified concept", a mental construct projected by Bob that is completely immune from any harm or attempt to waylay him because he isn't "real"?

For real, where? Post scans or issues. I don't follow much Sentry because he's a shitty character so maybe I'm missing some showings of his that portray him as this unassailable projection that can't be harmed as long as Bob himself isn't. Show us Sentry demonstrating this immutable nature as opposed to him just having regeneration from his molecule manipulation in the Molecule Man showing.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus
https://i.imgur.com/phBXXxZ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

This was form AOS #6. Sentry is from another Universe? Terrible character.

If Sentry was in full control, manipulating time/space might be easy for him I’d wager? But DS is in his true form. He could force Sentry to be trapped? Not sure how the OS is powered after hitting.

NemeBro
Age of Sentry is noncanon isn't it?

Stoic
Originally posted by NemeBro
When has Sentry ever been portrayed like this?

When has Sentry been portrayed as a "solidified concept", a mental construct projected by Bob that is completely immune from any harm or attempt to waylay him because he isn't "real"?

For real, where? Post scans or issues. I don't follow much Sentry because he's a shitty character so maybe I'm missing some showings of his that portray him as this unassailable projection that can't be harmed as long as Bob himself isn't. Show us Sentry demonstrating this immutable nature as opposed to him just having regeneration from his molecule manipulation in the Molecule Man showing.

He showed it against the Molecule Man for one, and later when he became Death Seed Sentry. Wait what happened to the Death Seed? Why isn't he still in that form? Bob is the reason, and the fact that the Sentry is just as real as the Void in Bob's mind.

It has actually been stated several times what the Sentry and the Void are. What did you think that he/it, or they were like Shazam, where you have Billy Batson mutter a phrase and poof we see him transform into a super powered version of himself? If so you'd be completely wrong.

But just for the sake of argument, why does the OS have to work on the concept that is called the Sentry? He isn't a real entity I have no means of providing scans, but that does not mean that I'm lying. Sentry and Void are not real, and there are laws that the OS must adhere to, otherwise they would work on even universal essentials. In this case the Sentry does not exist, and as that is the case they would not work on him/it unless Bob allowed for it to work. The Sentry has variable levels of power. Those levels depend entirely on Bob's state of mind.

Owen Reece the Molecule Man is an extremely powerful character, and the Sentry seemingly nullified his power, and turned the tables on him. This was because of the condition of Bob's mind. Again it isn't Bob being hit by anything, but instead the concept made by his own mind. Whenever the Sentry is seemingly destroyed or killed, you'll notice that it's because Bob wants to drop off of the radar, but whenever an emergency pops up the Sentry that was seemingly destroyed shows back up.

MrMind
I can't help myself of what? laugh at how lopsided this is? that sentry side has no evidence, just speculation?

how is his molecule manipulation so uber other than the molecule man encounter? his other matter manipulation feats aren't even better than captain atom or firestorm

do you think captain atom or firestorm can resist OE/OS?

let's do this, show me a feat of sentry warping reality first so this discussion isn't just mental masterbation from sentry fans.

matter manipulation is not reality warping, or else firestorm or captain atom are reality warpers.

how beyonder differ from sentry or how doctor manhattan differ from captain atom, is the scale of how they change realities are infinitely larger. they don't abide the laws of physics and can will the entire existence with their mind. That's true reality warping. and the only kind of reality warping I see completely resisting attacks from a hyperdimensional god

yet you are entertaining the idea of sentry being able to resist omega beams without a shred of evidence of sentry travel through time.

yeah let's make up abilities and powersets he hasn't shown, just so he can resist OE/OS in this thread. Sentry's powers are whatever his fanboys want them to be.

freaking mister miracle, the new god that's able to escape anything. wasn't able to escape omega sanction, he was stuck in an endless loop of lives, one worse than another, being beaten castrated burned alive etc. suffering endless torture

BUT SENTRY DIFFERENT! CUZZZ MOLECULE MAN!!!!VOID CANT DIE!!!

Sentry threads are toxic and cringe

indistinguishable from what? molecule control should still be confined by the law of physics and reality warping has no limit, it's a lot like magic, you just wish what's on your mind.

it's comics so these abilities aren't defined

but we are talking about the scale of things, has sentry warped reality on a mass scale? has sentry shown resistence from getting bfr to past/future? has sentry time-travel before?

also having reality warping power doesn't automatically make you immune to a higher dimensional god that is Darkseid

let's find another example, ambrose chase is a very low grade reality warper, do you think his reality warping ability can stop Darkseid in any way?

DarkSaint85

Stoic
I can't help myself of what? laugh at how lopsided this is? that sentry side has no evidence, just speculation?

how is his molecule manipulation so uber other than the molecule man encounter? his other matter manipulation feats aren't even better than captain atom or firestorm

do you think captain atom or firestorm can resist OE/OS?

let's do this, show me a feat of sentry warping reality first so this discussion isn't just mental masterbation from sentry fans.

matter manipulation is not reality warping, or else firestorm or captain atom are reality warpers.

how beyonder differ from sentry or how doctor manhattan differ from captain atom, is the scale of how they change realities are infinitely larger. they don't abide the laws of physics and can will the entire existence with their mind. That's true reality warping. and the only kind of reality warping I see completely resisting attacks from a hyperdimensional god

yet you are entertaining the idea of sentry being able to resist omega beams without a shred of evidence of sentry travel through time.

yeah let's make up abilities and powersets he hasn't shown, just so he can resist OE/OS in this thread. Sentry's powers are whatever his fanboys want them to be.

freaking mister miracle, the new god that's able to escape anything. wasn't able to escape omega sanction, he was stuck in an endless loop of lives, one worse than another, being beaten castrated burned alive etc. suffering endless torture

BUT SENTRY DIFFERENT! CUZZZ MOLECULE MAN!!!!VOID CANT DIE!!!

Sentry threads are toxic and cringe

indistinguishable from what? molecule control should still be confined by the law of physics and reality warping has no limit, it's a lot like magic, you just wish what's on your mind.

it's comics so these abilities aren't defined

but we are talking about the scale of things, has sentry warped reality on a mass scale? has sentry shown resistence from getting bfr to past/future? has sentry time-travel before?

also having reality warping power doesn't automatically make you immune to a higher dimensional god that is Darkseid

let's find another example, ambrose chase is a very low grade reality warper, do you think his reality warping ability can stop Darkseid in any way?

Your reasons seem to be based on your feelings though. That really isn't a reason why the OS has to work on a literal conceptual construct. It's like having a cartoon jump out of your head and do everything that you would do if you can imagine doing it, but in Bob's case his brain damage is diectly linked to why his power is often corrupted. Look up what tends to happen to people that are born with a damaged amygdala. Now factor that into the reality that goes on within Bob's mind.

So why does the OS have to work on a thought come to life?

DarkSaint85
Because New Gods are concepts and thoughts.

And the OS works on them just fine.

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro
When has Sentry ever been portrayed like this?

Even if this concept was true, Darkseid took care of Cyborg Superman, who is essentially an energy being inhabiting constructs.

AlbertoJohnAvil
in New Gods, Darkseid was able to use his Omega beams to erase an entire group of Alien Deities at once. In addition, his Omega beams have affected Infinity-Man, a servant of the Source-Being.

Thelastrider

AlbertoJohnAvil
Because New Gods are concepts and thoughts.

And the OS works on them just fine.

I mean both cases can be made, there's still the fact that the Omega beams have dual function and also have been survived before. Most of the time people thought destruction they simply teleported people away (Batman being the greatest example).

DarkSaint85
But it wasn't designed to destroy Batman....it was designed to transport him through time etc.

And that is not the question......it still affected him, which is the point.

MrMind

Putinbot1
I would like to see the Omega sanction where Bob goes to living hell as drug addict, kills his wife, forgets who he is... hang on, it did work.

Damborgson
Bobs sanction would just be seeing Mjolnir crash down on him, failing every time to stop it shifty

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Even if this concept was true, Darkseid took care of Cyborg Superman, who is essentially an energy being inhabiting constructs.

The Sentry is composed of far less than that. He/It exists, while at the same time doesn't exist. There's nothing the grab onto because he doesn't exist. This is why the Sentry mental construct can come right back from seemingly total destruction, or the opposite could occur; Bob decides that universal forces will not work on the construct, which was the case when he faced the Molecule Man. Bob made all of creation forget that the Sentry ever existed. This is the guy that chased Galactus off.

Again, why does the OS have to work on a non creature like Sentry?

Stoic
But it wasn't designed to destroy Batman....it was designed to transport him through time etc.

And that is not the question......it still affected him, which is the point.

Why does it have to effect a non creature like the Sentry if Bob decides that it won't work? I fully see him/It standing there with a smile bathed in light as the OS hits him, and not being affected by it one bit.

Insane Titan
Sentry gets obliterated

Stoic
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Sentry gets obliterated

Why?

Stoic
Originally posted by Damborgson
Bobs sanction would just be seeing Mjolnir crash down on him, failing every time to stop it shifty

You do recall Thor's run-in with the Sentry right? Bob could have crushed the life out of him. A casual throw nearly took his life. Mjolnir was useless.

Thelastrider

Stoic

Damborgson
You do recall Thor's run-in with the Sentry right? Bob could have crushed the life out of him. A casual throw nearly took his life. Mjolnir was useless.

Only one of them ever killed the other though...

DarkSaint85
Why does it have to effect a non creature like the Sentry if Bob decides that it won't work? I fully see him/It standing there with a smile bathed in light as the OS hits him, and not being affected by it one bit.

It affects concepts and ideas all the time.

Insane Titan

AlbertoJohnAvil
he has regenerated from someone on this level.....
https://i.postimg.cc/z3x1cSHg/abt.jpg

TheHulkster

Insane Titan

Galan007
Soooo I still have yet to see any legitimate reason why the OS wouldn't work on Sentry.

https://i.imgur.com/DCv1EbY.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7oKvrpT.jpg
"Omega tailor makes an unbeatable life trap just for you! And it uses history to do it!"
"It was time. Time is pliable. As I stayed in place, he manipulated whole centuries around me. I was locked into a spinning cage of events..."

Moreover, the Omega energies used in the OS make those moments of time impenetrable/inaccessible -- even to the likes of Rip Hunter:
https://i.imgur.com/IHgK2zg.jpg

Now, I suppose it *might* be possible for Sentry to successfully 'live out' his life trap... But that's a big IF. Regardless, the notion that the OS would just bounce off Sentry for whatever reason is completely illogical. It would undoubtedly 'work'.

Stoic
None of that applies to the Sentry though. He wouldn't actually have to be taken anywhere because he has no history. The Sentry isn't real, while at the same time is real at that moment. He's just a solid projection of Robert Reynold's imagination, no more no less. Bob does not have to allow any of that stuff to work on his construct if he decides that it will not work. Death means nothing to the Sentry as well, because unlike Rip Hunter the Sentry can not die, and was never born.

Show me one injury that put Sentry in the hospital, or out of action. DS Sentry was still the Sentry. He was simply more adept at using his powers than he had previously shown. That was Bob though, and how he envisioned the Sentry to be at that time. DS Sentry like the Sentry, Void, and Merged Sentry are still just solid thought contructs that Bob creates from his imagination. The Sentry isn't a normal physical entity. Once you get this, you'll understand why the OS would be useless if Bob were on his A Game.

Galan007
none

https://i.imgur.com/ooqrFS5.gif

BrolyBlack
none

https://i.imgur.com/ooqrFS5.gif

laughing out loud

SquallX
None of that applies to the Sentry though. He wouldn't actually have to be taken anywhere because he has no history. The Sentry isn't real, while at the same time is real at that moment. He's just a solid projection of Robert Reynold's imagination, no more no less. Bob does not have to allow any of that stuff to work on his construct if he decides that it will not work. Death means nothing to the Sentry as well, because unlike Rip Hunter the Sentry can not die, and was never born.

Show me one injury that put Sentry in the hospital, or out of action. DS Sentry was still the Sentry. He was simply more adept at using his powers than he had previously shown. That was Bob though, and how he envisioned the Sentry to be at that time. DS Sentry like the Sentry, Void, and Merged Sentry are still just solid thought contructs that Bob creates from his imagination. The Sentry isn't a normal physical entity. Once you get this, you'll understand why the OS would be useless if Bob were on his A Game.

You do know the New Gods are noting but concepts right?

Stoic
Originally posted by Damborgson
Only one of them ever killed the other though...

He never died. He just decided to exit the stage. He can't die. DS Sentry, showed his superiority. Thor level beings are little to nothing. It's just what it is, it isn't a knock on Thor. The Sentry has variable levels of power.

The secne below shows that he can operate well above universal levels if Bob's psyche is healthy.

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
https://i.postimg.cc/z3x1cSHg/abt.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by SquallX
You do know the New Gods are noting but concepts right?

That can well be. It still doesn't give a solid reason why the OS would work on Sentry.

DeadpoolXXX
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
https://i.postimg.cc/z3x1cSHg/abt.jpg this isnt the same owen who faced sentry. this is owen after the massive beyonder amp from secret wars.

....and he still isnt universe-level according to recent f4 issues. smile

AlbertoJohnAvil
Did you just say Current Molecule Man is below universal? tell me you're trolling

AlbertoJohnAvil
a child unit alone is universal. You're not actually serious

DeadpoolXXX
read current f4. it takes franklin and owen COMBINED to create universes.

facts are a b*tch, huh? laughing out loud

Khazra Reborn

-Pr-

Galan007
The OS tailor makes a 'life trap' specifically designed to torture and torment the being it is used against. It does this, in part, by warping the person through various impenetrable points of time.

Bruce endured for a number of esoteric reasons involving Vanishing Point and the Archivists(detailed in The Return of Bruce Wayne), so Sentry would be extremely unlikely to get out the same way.

Khazra Reborn

SquallX

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by SquallX
Are you speaking ill of God of Writers? I think you might need a Doctor wise guy. doctor

He writes a lot of good stuff, but he often goes too far off the rails for me.

MrMind
nice sailor moon avatar

Khazra Reborn
Yer ma is a moon

MrMind
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Yer ma is a moon

thorbags like you need to climb back to ya ma vagine to cook a little more

Khazra Reborn

AlbertoJohnAvil
I mean He's weirdo like the rest of them. laughing out loud Soon as you defend Thor you're automatically the big bad to them.

MrMind
you are 46 alberto, time to get a job

DarkSaint85

StiltmanFTW
thorbags like you need to climb back to ya ma vagine to cook a little more

laughing out loud

thumb up

#****Thorbags

Insane Titan
none

https://i.imgur.com/ooqrFS5.gif laughing out loud it lime hes only hearing what he wants to hear.

BrolyBlack

SquallX

Galan007

DarkSaint85
thumb up

https://i.imgur.com/4zsjdUX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EaA0Elc.jpg

The New Gods are actual thoughts and concepts. Archetypes. The bullet he shot Orion with, for example, as Bats explains, was the very IDEA of a bullet, was every bullet made and will be made.

qwertyuiop1998
Bump

qwertyuiop1998
Eh, what?

Hmmm, I actually think the Omega Sanction has two different usages

One like you mentioned, Darkseid trapped Batman in a time loop(temporal manipulation)

However, the 'life trap' I think is a different usage, as it creates a series of alternative realities to trap it's victim. Kinda like Dominus's reality-warping you may say. Thus this should require some reality-warping resistance I would say
https://ibb.co/7VrZLDK

MrMind
I feel so proud Mr Master specifically made a sock account just to talk trash about me in this thread, I finally gotten his attention. the good ol days

Stoic
No matter what, the Sentry will be seen at a later date. So if that were the case, did it work?

DarkSaint85
Yes

h1a8
Your reasons seem to be based on your feelings though. That really isn't a reason why the OS has to work on a literal conceptual construct. It's like having a cartoon jump out of your head and do everything that you would do if you can imagine doing it, but in Bob's case his brain damage is diectly linked to why his power is often corrupted. Look up what tends to happen to people that are born with a damaged amygdala. Now factor that into the reality that goes on within Bob's mind.

So why does the OS have to work on a thought come to life?

You sparked my curiosity.
Can you prove to us that Sentry is just a construct of the mind of Bob in which Bob is somewhere else creating and operating him (and not him actually)?
Provide issue numbers if you can.

Bentley
No matter what, the Sentry will be seen at a later date. So if that were the case, did it work?

Definitively

Stoic

Enzeru
Originally posted by h1a8

You sparked my curiosity.
Can you prove to us that Sentry is just a construct of the mind of Bob in which Bob is somewhere else creating and operating him (and not him actually)?
Provide issue numbers if you can.

Stoic is right, when he says that Sentry is nothing more than a construct. Stoic just sometimes fails to showcase it.
But before I provide scans, I do want to point out that Bob does remain close to the Sentry and Void. It's not like Bob is somewhere in outer space looking down at his creations of Sentry and Void. In my opinion (judging by everything seen in comics so far) drinking the serum turned Sentry into a consciousness. That consciousness is on Earth and has created the body of a person for himself.

In Uncanny Avengers VOL 1 #15 he confirms that his body is just flesh and that he is driven by his soul:

https://i.imgur.com/BRQSqU8.jpg

In Sentry VOL 2 #6 his therapist comes to the conclusion that Bob is a schizophrenic, whose imaginary personas took on a physical form:

https://i.imgur.com/55EsgiD.jpg

In Sentry VOL 3 #3 Sentrys former sidekick confirms that Sentry and Void are just make-belief and that they are constructs created and empowered / depowered by Bobs will:

https://i.imgur.com/qa007KX.png

You can destroy the Sentry, but you can't kill him. He is there and he isn't. Did Knull really kill the Sentry? How? Was it because he was on a higher level of existence and simply overwrote Sentrys power? Was it because he absorbed half of Sentry and now Sentry can't restore himself back to completion? Or is the Sentry only dead, because he believes to be dead? No matter what it is, the writers can do whatever they want and everything will make sense, because with the Sentry nothing makes sense in the first place. Sentry is schizophrenic and he is written in a schizophrenic way.

Stoic
Great post Enzeri.

Stoic
Enzeri, Bob exited the stage, and will be back once he gets it together so to speak.

h1a8

h1a8
Originally posted by Enzeru
Stoic is right, when he says that Sentry is nothing more than a construct. Stoic just sometimes fails to showcase it.
But before I provide scans, I do want to point out that Bob does remain close to the Sentry and Void. It's not like Bob is somewhere in outer space looking down at his creations of Sentry and Void. In my opinion (judging by everything seen in comics so far) drinking the serum turned Sentry into a consciousness. That consciousness is on Earth and has created the body of a person for himself.

In Uncanny Avengers VOL 1 #15 he confirms that his body is just flesh and that he is driven by his soul:

In Sentry VOL 2 #6 his therapist comes to the conclusion that Bob is a schizophrenic, whose imaginary personas took on a physical form:

In Sentry VOL 3 #3 Sentrys former sidekick confirms that Sentry and Void are just make-belief and that they are constructs created and empowered / depowered by Bobs will:

You can destroy the Sentry, but you can't kill him. He is there and he isn't. Did Knull really kill the Sentry? How? Was it because he was on a higher level of existence and simply overwrote Sentrys power? Was it because he absorbed half of Sentry and now Sentry can't restore himself back to completion? Or is the Sentry only dead, because he believes to be dead? No matter what it is, the writers can do whatever they want and everything will make sense, because with the Sentry nothing makes sense in the first place. Sentry is schizophrenic and he is written in a schizophrenic way.

I believed both were constructs. My question was mostly where is Bob when these constructs are operating. If Bob is inside the construct then the Omega Sanction affects everything inside the construction (soul, consciousness, etc).

Old Man Whirly!
The Omega Sanction is a soul catcher.

cdtm
OE sent the Omega People through time. All Darkseid needs to do is send him to the end of time.

Unless Sentry has the power to travel through time under his own power, that should be game over.

cdtm
I believed both were constructs. My question was mostly where is Bob when these constructs are operating. If Bob is inside the construct then the Omega Sanction affects everything inside the construction (soul, consciousness, etc).

Those scans don't prove his soul isn't tied to the body. Meaning the soul gets trapped, or is forced to relocate with the body.

Same way Kosmos was put to sleep by Thanos while inhabiting a mortal form.

Old Man Whirly!
OE sent the Omega People through time. All Darkseid needs to do is send him to the end of time.

Unless Sentry has the power to travel through time under his own power, that should be game over. he does; Morganna le fey plot showed that.

cdtm
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
he does; Morganna le fey plot showed that.

Was actually thinking of that but was unsure of the details, whether he traveled through time or resurrected at the same spot.

Stoic
Show me scans or give issue numbers then provide your conclusion based off those showings. Do not give summaries or conclusions without a scan or issue number to back it up.

Do you, or do you not see the scans my guy?

DarkSaint85
So if the Sentry is just a construct.....what does it matter?

GLs use constructs all the time against DS, it doesn't stop the OB from affecting them.

Moreover, as per the thread, it would affect him. New Gods are nothing more than ideas and concepts, and the OB affects them just fine

cdtm
So if the Sentry is just a construct.....what does it matter?

GLs use constructs all the time against DS, it doesn't stop the OB from affecting them.

Moreover, as per the thread, it would affect him. New Gods are nothing more than ideas and concepts, and the OB affects them just fine

I think his argument is that the body is a puppet, or remotely controlled.

Which as far as I know hasn't been hinted at. His soul inhibits his "construct" afaik.

h1a8
Do you, or do you not see the scans my guy?

You didn't post any to support your argument.

Booya_69
I think his argument is that the body is a puppet, or remotely controlled.

Which as far as I know hasn't been hinted at. His soul inhibits his "construct" afaik.

Sentry isn't remotely controlled. The sentry is a physical manifestation/transformation of what bob thinks is an ideal superhero. Hence "the Golden protector"
He bleeds, feels emotions, has bobs conscious. The OB affects him as he's not just some soulless construct imo.

Stoic

Booya_69
Well his powerset allows to have control of his molecular structure. In the original mini we see Bob slowly transform into the sentry when he starts to get his memories back. In another instance, Robert tells lindy that he and the sentry are the same

cdtm

Stoic

tkitna
I still want to know how he brought Lindy back to life after she was dead. What kind of powers can do that?

DarkSaint85
Reality warping ones?

tkitna
Reality warping ones?

I guess

DarkSaint85
Yeah. Even if we subscribe to the idea that Sentry is just an idea that sprung from Bob's mind, and is just a construct driven by sheer willpower, however, it still doesn't mean that the Omega Beams/Sanction won't affect him.

The Omega Beams have affected GL constructs plenty of times - and they are nothing more than constructs, given physical form, and powered by willpower.

They've also affected New Gods - who are nothing more than sentient ideas and concepts.

Stoic
Yeah. Even if we subscribe to the idea that Sentry is just an idea that sprung from Bob's mind, and is just a construct driven by sheer willpower, however, it still doesn't mean that the Omega Beams/Sanction won't affect him.

The Omega Beams have affected GL constructs plenty of times - and they are nothing more than constructs, given physical form, and powered by willpower.

They've also affected New Gods - who are nothing more than sentient ideas and concepts.

Except for the idea that they may not fully work on him. Owen as I stated began erasing him during their confrontation. Owen as we know is an extremely powerful character. His powers were used against him by the Sentry. What happens if the Sentry did the same thing? There are basically two things that would happen. One, the Omega beams would disperse the construct who would be seen later, or they would begin working but then appear to fizzle out. Two, the Sentry would be hit by them and reverse the effects of the Omega beams. Can we be certain that they would work? If so what do you base this on? We know that they would not kill him. The Sentry can not die. Death has no hold on the Sentry.

DarkSaint85
But the thread isn't about killing.

Stoic

DarkSaint85
No, you're moving goalposts.

Is Wolverine bulletproof? Do bullets not affect him at all? No. He just heals from it, but to say they have 'no effect' is wrong. The thread isn't about permanent effects.

h1a8

Stoic

DarkSaint85
Yet many many things in 616 affect him. Including Creel.

https://i.postimg.cc/7PtT9xtt/tumblr-ns3nww9js01rvm5qqo3-1280.jpg

DeadpoolXXX
The Sentry isn't real, thus the Omega beams will have no effect if Robert believes that they have no effect. this is one of the most hilarious arguments i've ever seen made here. laughing out loud

sentry isn't untouchable ffs. laughing out loud

h1a8

Juntai

Stoic
What context? You didn't post any scans.
Sentry is real. Who koed BM then.
Physical things are real things. Sentry is a physical being

There are scans within this very thread. Look them up, read them, and go in peace.

Stoic
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
this is one of the most hilarious arguments i've ever seen made here. laughing out loud

sentry isn't untouchable ffs. laughing out loud

The Sentry is a make believe character built from the mind of Robert Reynolds. Robert, or Bob for short. When Bob has a bad day, it could go a number of ways.

He could Void out, become weaker, or enormously powerful.

Full capacity is in effect right?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Juntai
It seemed like Absorbing was absorbing his power, but it overloaded him. I haven't seen the Rogue one.

Well it was never said she couldn't power hack him, only that he could hug her.

https://townsquare.media/site/622/files/2010/05/sentryrogue1.jpg

Which definitely sounds like he can be interacted with.. if you know what I mean.....

DarkSaint85
The Sentry is a make believe character built from the mind of Robert Reynolds. Robert, or Bob for short. When Bob has a bad day, it could go a number of ways.

Full capacity is in effect right?

Yet even on his best days he isn't untouchable.......

Stoic
At his best, I argue that he would resist it. It would begin to work, but he would reverse the effects upon his quasi real body. It would likely cause a backlash on his psyche, but the results can not be determined with 100% accuracy. That is all that I am really arguing. The full capacity ruling works for all characters involved after all.

DarkSaint85
When was he at his best? Because in comics, at his best, he was still affected by things and was affecting things.

Enzeru
If you want my 2 cents:

I perceive Sentry as a sentient consciousness. That consciousness does adapt a physical form though, or maybe depending on what he is up to (splitting into twos, summoning more hive mind creatures etc).

Personally, I don't believe that Bob is somewhere in outer space summoning a body for himself or the Sentry or the Void on Earth. I do believe that he is inside these bodies. But once they get destroyed, he can simply reform.

Is he completely immortal and invincible? Well, Knull managed to kill him somehow. How? I don't know. We'll have to wait and see. We might see him again in the future and everything might be different again, because that's just how the Sentry rolls.

Personally I also believe that the Omega Beam would affect the Sentry. It would remove his consciousness for Darkseid to do whatever he wants. Would that however be the end for the Sentry? I highly doubt that. How does time affect him? We don't know. An argument can be made for Morgana Le Fay erasing him from existence by killing him as a child, before he even got his powers. Yet he came back from that out of nowhere. How did Sentry summon the bubonic plagues in old Egypt, after hearing Lindys theories on it? We know that Moses didn't have those powers. It was the Void. Did he mess with time at that point? My theory is: yes.

I wouldn't be surprised, if Darkseid banished Sentry with the Omega Beam, only for the Sentry to punch his was through time at a later point. Him exploding resulted in two dimensions being ripped open. In Marvel Zombies he punched his way into heaven, ate all the angels and then punched his way to another universe. That's how the virus spread from one universe to another in Marvel Zombies stories.

I've said it before: Do I think that even after all of this time Sentry could beat Galactus in a 1v1? I don't think so, even though there is enough evidence to suggest that on a good day he would hold his own. But Galactus is so otherworldly, that I just have a tough time seeing it. BUT... if they fought and Sentry ended up winning, I would nod and shrug at the same time. It's the Sentry. He does crazy shit. And most of the time that crazy shit happens after he has to deal with adversity: from him being burning down to an atom to him being ripped apart by the Molecule Man. He comes back and keeps going.

DarkSaint85
Thanks for that, what did you think of the version we saw in the Negative Zone I e. With Bob and the Sentry as two distinct characters who merged?

Enzeru
I just reread my own post. Damn, there is some weird sentence structuring going on. No idea what happened there. I'm just gonna blame it on auto-correct.

Thanks for that, what did you think of the version we saw in the Negative Zone I e. With Bob and the Sentry as two distinct characters who merged?

Eh. A bit of good, a bit of bad, I guess. It just added more unnecessary complexity, because it was the first time Bob and Sentry were separated for real. Even in the second volume, where it's (again) revealed that Bob is the Void and we see Bob fly into outer space - Sentry remains on Earth, but still knows that part of Bob is inside him too.

In the Annihilation event it's just Bob and a Sentry controlled by the Void. Which is good, because it kiiinda goes on push the idea that the Void itself is really more of an emotion. The entire book constantly calls him the Sentry with Void only being sprinkled in to point out the negativity / illness, that's driving Sentry in that story. All the individual books seem to carefully make that distinction. Even in the last issue, where Sentry talks with both voices (Bob and Void) the dialogue is very specific to each side. I like it, even though it's schizophrenic and complex.

I do think they did everything right leading up to that. They had Merged Sentry enter the Negative Zone and soak up the negative energy there. Which ended up buffing the negative emotion and allowed the Void to detach himself from Bob. But that ended up taking the entire power with him - and that power is the Sentry. So technically it's explained and correct, but still weird and complicated.

I guess at least they explored something new. Again? Sentry has been going through a lot of changes lately. Merged Sentry in V3. Confused Merged Sentry in Black Panther. Evil Sentry in Annihilation. Good Sentry in King in Black. What's next?

GodsAmongUs3
@Enzeru

what are your thoughts on sentry having both reality warping and molecule manipulation?

just curious

GodsAmongUs3
Originally posted by Enzeru
I just reread my own post. Damn, there is some weird sentence structuring going on. No idea what happened there. I'm just gonna blame it on auto-correct.

Eh. A bit of good, a bit of bad, I guess. It just added more unnecessary complexity, because it was the first time Bob and Sentry were separated for real. Even in the second volume, where it's (again) revealed that Bob is the Void and we see Bob fly into outer space - Sentry remains on Earth, but still knows that part of Bob is inside him too.

In the Annihilation event it's just Bob and a Sentry controlled by the Void. Which is good, because it kiiinda goes on push the idea that the Void itself is really more of an emotion. The entire book constantly calls him the Sentry with Void only being sprinkled in to point out the negativity / illness, that's driving Sentry in that story. All the individual books seem to carefully make that distinction. Even in the last issue, where Sentry talks with both voices (Bob and Void) the dialogue is very specific to each side. I like it, even though it's schizophrenic and complex.

I do think they did everything right leading up to that. They had Merged Sentry enter the Negative Zone and soak up the negative energy there. Which ended up buffing the negative emotion and allowed the Void to detach himself from Bob. But that ended up taking the entire power with him - and that power is the Sentry. So technically it's explained and correct, but still weird and complicated.

I guess at least they explored something new. Again? Sentry has been going through a lot of changes lately. Merged Sentry in V3. Confused Merged Sentry in Black Panther. Evil Sentry in Annihilation. Good Sentry in King in Black. What's next?

tbh i do subscribe to the theory that sentry and the void are puppets that are pretty much controlled by the puppet master who is the consciousness of bob, and that bob you saw in annihlation was that consciousness who was "kicked' out by the void tbh

GodsAmongUs3
sorry im not a fan of kmc as you can see

qwertyuiop1998
Had problem with quoting people?

abhilegend
Comicvine posters lulz

DeadpoolXXX

Full capacity is in effect right? the full capacity rule doesn't include your headcanon lol.

even the most powerful versions of Sentry that we've seen on panel have not been untouchable.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
the full capacity rule doesn't include your headcanon lol.

even the most powerful versions of Sentry that we've seen on panel have not been untouchable.

This. I mean, we had DS Sentry taken out by a worm - that sounds weird with Stoic's logic, because it means Bob thinks that a worm will defeat a guy who can tear his head apart. Merged Sentry was choked out by Okoye and her spear, and IW was able to hide an entire planet from him for day(s). That last feat, as it were, is the most egregious, because if Sentry can do anything Bob imagines, then he shouldn't have to search for anything - Bob should just imagine it, and it appears.

Enzeru
Eh, in a way it's like having both reality warping and super strength. In the end of the day reality warping overwrites pretty much everything else.

With molecule manipulation / energy manipulation (everything is energy) you can turn an apple into an orange. Or you can destroy the apple on a molecular level, but the energy will still be there. With reality warping you can make the apple disappear for good. You can make it so that the energy has never existed in the first place.

Sentry has done stuff, which in my opinion goes beyond mere molecule and energy manipulation. But I still go with molecule manipulation as the standard default for the Sentry, because reality warping is a whole another level of power.

Your first two examples are PIS moments in comics, where writers wrote themselves into a corner and had to come up with something. You know that.

The Invisible Woman instance would go against everything the Sentry is as a character. Which is of course your point, I understand that. But it's important to emphasize that Sentrys reality warping happens on a subconscious level most of the time. Most of the time he limits himself to more of a flying brick type. And depending on his needs or state of mind, you have him heal and resurrect people, teleport around, erase minds etc.

Could Sentry dematerialize an entire planet, while under distress? Maybe? I wouldn't be surprised if he could. But is there evidence that suggests he could do it consciously to accomplish his task? I'm not seeing it, because at that point we're tapping into serious levels of conscious reality warping. What's next? Sentry consciously punching love in the face and forcing everyone to experience a broken heart for a moment?

abhilegend
Sentry fans remain the whiniest fans. Surprisingly even more than Thor fans lol.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>