Ezra and the Purrgil vs. the Empire??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Do you think S04 Ezra could have used the herds of Purrgil he controlled to effectively beat the Empire piece by piece?

Zentrex
The entire Empire? No. Why would you even think that? They have star destroyers which can destroy the surfaces of entire planets. And that's not counting the Super Star Destroyers. They have a death star which can completely obliterated planets.

They have Darth freakin' Vader. He alone could destroy all the purrgils.

Eli Vanto
Well the Purrgil tore through Thrawn's entire fleet with no effort at all. And I do believe Thrawn commanded one of the Empire's greatest fleets. Also the death Star wasn't yet complete at this time nor was the super Star Destroyer.

That's why I'm asking.

Zentrex
Yes, but that was just one fleet. And part of the solution was jumping into hyperspace while hanging on to the Star Destroyers to get them far away, rather than destroy them. And they did accidentally bump into ships as well, so we know their accuracy was limited.

If it was a battle like the one on Endor or even Jakku, they would be slaughtered, imo.

Eli Vanto
The Purrgil tore through the hulls of the Star destroyers like butter, just by bumping into them. Ezra only had the Purrgil take Thrawn's ship. The rest were destroyed iirc. Not sure why you think adding more Star destroyers would change the outcome based on what was shown??

Zenwolf
Why would you remind us of that terrible ending?!

Eli Vanto
laughing

sorry about that. embarrasment

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Do you think S04 Ezra could have used the herds of Purrgil he controlled to effectively beat the Empire piece by piece?

Well If he Could, Im sure he would have. Unless he didnt have that much control over them.

That said, Ezra was a legit powerhouse in that scene.

Galan007
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
The Purrgil tore through the hulls of the Star destroyers like butter, just by bumping into them. Ezra only had the Purrgil take Thrawn's ship. The rest were destroyed iirc. Not sure why you think adding more Star destroyers would change the outcome based on what was shown?? Tbf, what also wasn't shown is how the Purrgil can handle long-range turbolaser fire from ISDs. Like, I literally don't think a single shot was fired at them. So if every single ship just sat there and allowed the Purrgil to slam into them, then yes, I suppose they could eventually destroy all the Imperial fleets.

But if the fleets actually defended themselves, then...

Zentrex
^ that was going to be my exact argument.

As I said earlier, the Star Destroyers could raze planets. And we still have Darth Vader and Darth Sidious just in case they're not enough.

Zentrex
Oh, and TIE fighters could probably get close to the Purrgils and attack them in weak spots. If they can evade well enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.