Kylo Ren: Underrated?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95

Zentrex
Most regular people don't look enough into the movies to realize that Ren is quite powerful. It's just that most installments which take place around the Sequel Trilogy are fairly disconnected from the other eras, so it's hard to put him and Rey on a scale compared to force users who have more feats.

As for most hardcore fans, I just think most of them don't like Canon enough to care how powerful Kylo is. Regardless, there's not enough information either way, so :shrug:

carthage

Rebel95
thumb up glad you guys agree, felt like I was the only one who thought so

Galan007
Ben is immensely powerful. There aren't exactly an abundance of characters who can resurrect the dead, ffs.

Rebel95

xPRIMEx
Agreed. Kylo should logically be Anakin tier based off his years of training and Skywalker potential.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
Ben is immensely powerful. There aren't exactly an abundance of characters who can resurrect the dead, ffs.

Matt Martin says he was only able to do this due to their Dyad:

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/01/10/star-wars-story-group-member-matt-martin-attempts-to-explain-force-healing/amp/

xPRIMEx

Darth Thor
^ Still cant just ignore that the only person hes resurrected is the one he has a Dyad with.

xPRIMEx

Total Warrior
He did to Rey what Anakin couldn't do to his wife..but besides that he has got nothing on Ani

Darth Thor

Galan007
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Matt Martin says he was only able to do this due to their Dyad:

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/01/10/star-wars-story-group-member-matt-martin-attempts-to-explain-force-healing/amp/ Most likely.

I posted this before, but the RoS VD confirms that the Dyad between Rey and Kylo was "mirroring and amplifying" their abilities when they were in the same vicinity:
https://i.imgur.com/LHNE42c.jpg

I'll be curious to see if the novelization expands on that concept at all.

Sheev
That makes it really hard to gauge them individually, because a lot of their showings took place alongside each other.

Zentrex
Can we agree Kylo was weaker than Vader? If so, that puts a certain cap on him. Then, we'd just have to figure out how much weaker, and that would be our answer.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zentrex
Can we agree Kylo was weaker than Vader? If so, that puts a certain cap on him. Then, we'd just have to figure out how much weaker, and that would be our answer.

Perhaps Vader level with Rey nearby, and Maul level on his own.

Or around that ballpark at least by TROS.

Zentrex
^I'd say he's a bit stronger than that.

I imagine Disney would want their characters to be powerful. And he's killed a Zillo Beast, choked people from lightyears away (Star Wars: Resistance), Rey (who's as powerful as he is) has lifted giant boulders casually, and together they brought Kylo back from near-death.

Darth Thor
^ Perhaps stronger in the force, but im talking as an overall combatant.

Maul has survived being cleaved in two, grappled with Rathtars, extracted information out of Hera far more easily than Kylo did out of Poe, put visions in Ezra across the galaxy, been noted as one of the most highly trained Sith Apprentices (at least in terms of sword fighting and H2H abilities).

So whilst I agree Kylo is likely stronger in the force, Maul aint no slouch in that department, but ridiculously better qualifier in Saber and melee combat.

relentless1
Kylo is a little *****, hes > any Force users the PT in regards to combat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.