Separatist droid army vs. Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Forgive me if this is the wrong place for such a thread.

But I was wondering what would happen if the Separatist droid army from Star Wars (at its peak) invaded the Marvel main galaxy? Lets say no one above the herald tier can get involved.

Could the droid army conquer the galaxy or??

Galan007
By "peak" do you mean numbers?

Because one of the guidebooks states that the CIS army numbered in the quintillions.

Eli Vanto
Ya peak numbers, peak firepower. All that.

Can be canon or Legends. Whichever works best.

Galan007
Obviously the droids themselves wouldn't even remotely present a challenge -- the problem would be the sheer number of them. Quintillions of droids swarming the galaxy wouldn't be easy to contain at all.

Even if the Separatists split up their army into squadrons composed of a billion droids each, they could still attack billionS of different worlds simultaneously, for example.

Wonder Man
Wouldn't Mojo's particle beam handle the masses.

carthage
Thor gets killed via a rock

Damborgson
Well...yeah. They would have to find a way to disable them in mass, because they would absolutely ravage worlds with how many of them their are.

How did they lose in phantom menace again ?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Damborgson
Well...yeah. They would have to find a way to disable them in mass, because they would absolutely ravage worlds with how many of them their are.

How did they lose in phantom menace again ?

*Revenge of the Sith

Anakin killed all their leaders and sent a shutdown signal that turned off the droids. Emperor planned all that to end the war quickly.

StiltmanFTW
Mungiforce Madison Jeffries appears out of nowhere (even Mungi didn't see him coming) and controls them all for the easy win thumb up

Damborgson

StiltmanFTW
Mungi thinks he can educate us on Star Wars now... wink

-K-M-
Oh but I can. In Phantom Menace that battalion has shut down (by Anakin) when that trade federation battlecruiser was blown up. All the droids automatically shut off

StiltmanFTW
I don't believe Dambo was asking a genuine question, you know.

We don't have Alzheimer's (yet).

-K-M-

zopzop
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Forgive me if this is the wrong place for such a thread.

But I was wondering what would happen if the Separatist droid army from Star Wars (at its peak) invaded the Marvel main galaxy? Lets say no one above the herald tier can get involved.

Could the droid army conquer the galaxy or??
Starbrand does to them what he did to the Builder fleet.

StiltmanFTW

Galan007
Originally posted by zopzop
Starbrand does to them what he did to the Builder fleet. It would take more than just Starbrand to wipe out the droid army in its entirety, me thinks.

Wonder Man
Meggan locks their sensors onto a disease and wipes them out.
Her empath powers would eliminate anything with sensory input.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
It would take more than just Starbrand to wipe out the droid army in its entirety, me thinks.
A neophyte Starbrand took out a good portion of the Builder fleet and these guys were wrecking entire galactic empires and heralds. He'll have no problem with the droid army, it just may take him longer to wipe them out completely.

BruceSkywalker
danny rand one punches all of them..

cap can run thru them..

firelord can burn them

the herald of thunder crucifies theem

stak could prolly reprogram them to turn good lol

Galan007
A neophyte Starbrand took out a good portion of the Builder fleet and these guys were wrecking entire galactic empires and heralds. He'll have no problem with the droid army, it just may take him longer to wipe them out completely. Fodder as most of the droids may be, it would still take a tremendous amount of time for a single character to destroy quintillions of them... Especially if they were intelligently spaced all across the galaxy.

DarkSaint85
What you'd need is to get to the master mothership, if it exists.

Galan007
^ Droid Control Ships were used early on in the war to remotely coordinate the droid armies and whatnot -- back then, destroying one of these Control Ships would effectively neutralize a nearby droid army(as we saw during TPM.) But the Separatists soon recognized this inherent weakness, and began programming the droids independently.

And given the 'peak' stip here, I'm assuming the Control Ships wouldn't be in play, and the army would all have independent programming.

DeadpoolXXX
whered the quintillions figure come from galan because thats insane. if youre just talking about the sheer numbers i dont think theres ever been a threat like that immense.

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/0p9rl9N.jpg
-Incredible Cross-Sections

That said, the number of droids in the Separatist army was drastically reduced(and rightfully so) in current canon. But again, OP specifies 'peak', so... /shrug

DeadpoolXXX
thxthumb up

i really dont see how marvel can deal with something that size. at least not beforethe droids have absolutely wrecked most of the galaxyconfused

Galan007
Yeah, I really don't think they've ever dealt with a threat that vast. I doubt even the A-Wave had numbers remotely approaching quintillions.

zopzop
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
thxthumb up

i really dont see how marvel can deal with something that size. at least not beforethe droids have absolutely wrecked most of the galaxyconfused Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, I really don't think they've ever dealt with a threat that vast. I doubt even the A-Wave had numbers remotely approaching quintillions.
Uhm Guys, the Shi'ar empire alone had 8 quadrillion prisoners in their jails. Not to mention 100+ artificial suns and 40 million artificial worlds. And this was just their prison colony which spans an entire galaxy :
https://i.postimg.cc/grqc0LjX/image.png

Another neophyte Starbrand was casually busting planets :
https://i.postimg.cc/d7MgdnSq/image.jpg
That droid army will be decimated, it will just take time.

Wonder Man
Hyperion survived implosion though. Droid army can only be a long distance dash.

Galan007
Uhm Guys, the Shi'ar empire alone had 8 quadrillion prisoners in their jails. Not to mention 100+ artificial suns and 40 million artificial worlds. And this was just their prison colony which spans an entire galaxy :
https://i.postimg.cc/grqc0LjX/image.png

Another neophyte Starbrand was casually busting planets :
https://i.postimg.cc/d7MgdnSq/image.jpg
That droid army will be decimated, it will just take time. Even quadrillions is absolutely nothing compared to quintillions. I do not think there has ever been a singular invasion force nearly that vast in Marvel.

And as I mentioned on the last page, even if the Separatists split up their collective force into squadrons of 1 billion droids each, they could still attack billionS of worlds simultaneously. So even IF it were in character for Starbrand to go around whimsically destroying planets, it would still take him a LONG f*cking time to destroy billionS of worlds/eradicate the droids.

I have no doubt that Marvel would eventually win... But how long it would take them is the bigger question.

Eli Vanto
Thanks for the responses guys!

Lets say Marvel has the same amount of time to destroy the droid army as the Clone Wars lasted. So 3 years.

Galan007
I don't know. I think the number of droids is being undersold here...

The guidebook states "quiltillionS", so lets just assume the droid army is capped at 2 quintillion.

Using the tactic I mentioned above, where the Separatists split their collective force into squadrons of 1 billion droids each, they could still attack 2 BILLION worlds simultaneously. So for Marvel to destroy them all in 3 years time means they would need to 'clear' over 666 MILLION planets per year... Or over 1.8 MILLION planets PER DAY. That still seems like an unrealistic undertaking in my opinion... Even with all of Marvel's heralds on the job.

The more likely option is that one of Marvel's 'big brains'(like Reed or Tony) creates some sort of plot-device tech that shuts all of them down simultaneously... It's a bit of a cop-out, but I don't see any other option, tbh. /shrug

DarkSaint85
Basically. Or they get the Phalanx involved somehow.

Adam Grimes
What about reality warpers? The infinity gauntlet?

DeadpoolXXX
agree.

marvel cant beat an army this big in 3 years with just brute force.

celeyhyga17
No one above herald are allowed as per OP. What's a Starbrand, trans +? Starbrand is out.

Galan007
I mean, even if Starbrand were allowed, I don't really see it changing things much.

Adam Grimes
Ah yeah. Plot devices such as Tony, Reed etc should find a way. Otherwise they are phucked.

Eli Vanto
bump.

What about someone like Magneto? Wouldn't he be able to wreck much of the army by himself. Saw in one of the RTs that he can also manipulate metal across galactic distances and not just locally.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
bump.

What about someone like Magneto? Wouldn't he be able to wreck much of the army by himself. Saw in one of the RTs that he can also manipulate metal across galactic distances and not just locally.

He can manipulate more than just metal.

But he has limits, like everyone.

Of course, same applies to the droid army.

Eli Vanto
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He can manipulate more than just metal.

But he has limits, like everyone.

Of course, same applies to the droid army. Yepthumb up

So do you think he could turn the tide?

Galan007
Mags would be a great asset here, but even he can only do so much. Again, it comes down to sheer numbers:
Originally posted by Galan007
I don't know. I think the number of droids is being undersold here...

The guidebook states "quiltillionS", so lets just assume the droid army is capped at 2 quintillion.

Using the tactic I mentioned above, where the Separatists split their collective force into squadrons of 1 billion droids each, they could still attack 2 BILLION worlds simultaneously. So for Marvel to destroy them all in 3 years time means they would need to 'clear' over 666 MILLION planets per year... Or over 1.8 MILLION planets PER DAY. That still seems like an unrealistic undertaking in my opinion... Even with all of Marvel's heralds on the job.

Bear in mind that if you go with the tactic I mentioned above, it means that Marvel would have to clear 75,000 planets PER HOUR, or over 1,200 planets PER MINUTE... For 3 years straight... In order to eradicate all of the droids.

There's no way that's happening, imo. Like I said before: they'd likely have to introduce some sort of plot-device tech that eliminates the droid army in one fell swoop.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.