You top 3 favorites??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Who are your top 3 favorite Jedi, Sith, and Non-force users??

Legends or canon is fine, and reasons why they're your favorites would be appreciated.

Total Warrior
Jedi:
Quinlan Vos
Obi Wan Kenobi
Zayne Carrick

Sith:
Darth Tyranus
Darth Sidious
Darth Krayt

Non force users:
The Mandalorian
Boba Fett
Thrawn

Galan007
In no particular order...

Jedi:
Kenobi
Vos
Yoda

Sith:
Vader
Dooku
Palpatine

Non Force users:
Thrawn
Tarkin
Vanto

Zentrex
Jedi:
Anakin
Obi-Wan
Qui-Gon

Sith:
Sidious
Vader
Nihilus

Non-Force User:
Thrawn
Han
Padme

Honestly couln't think of many people for that last one. I wanted to say Han because he can be entertaining in a lot of expanded universe stories, but I never really got a strong feel from from him.
Padme because despite the fact that her only good depiction is TCW (in Legends, at least), that depiction is really, really good. I actually enjoyed a lot of politics around the prequel era, and Padme was at the center of it, so that's something I guess.
Everyone loves Thrawn. A terrific exploration of motivations, and a respectably intelligent character.
There are so many others, but those are all off the top of my head.

As for Jedi, there's too many that I like. Although my top 2 are very easy: Anakin and Obi-Wan. I'm willing to say that the best time for Star Wars was the late 90's and early 00's, despite the Prequels. The Expanded Universe at the time got some of its best installments and it was the most active in that period. And because the Prequels were being made, Anakin and Obi-Wan got the attention of the best authors, so they're the most well-developed. And their basic outlines were personally created by George Lucas, who is brilliant when it comes to general ideas.
Qui-Gon, just because of how he connects to Anakin. If he'd lived, the story would have gone very, very differently. It's stupid how the entire Jedi Council is blind to the error of their ways, but at least we have a character who isn't.

As for Sith, I like almost all of them, but it's also pretty easy to pick my favorites.
Sidious, because he's the perfect embracement of narcisism and a power-hungry maniac.
Vader, because he's an intimidating presence. It's always good when you have a character that's fun to watch. He's great when he's doing the things he lives for; leading his people to expand the power of the empire.
I said Nihilus because he's the one with the most atmosphere around him. If I wanted to pick one character who perfectly embraced the eldritch dark side of the Force, I would pick either Palpatine or Nihilus. And that's what got him my 3rd place.

Eli Vanto
Originally posted by Galan007
Non Force users:
Thrawn
Tarkin
Vanto Awww you DO like me. embarrasment

stick out tongue

Originally posted by Zentrex
Jedi:
Anakin
Obi-Wan
Qui-Gon

Sith:
Sidious
Vader
Nihilus

Non-Force User:
Thrawn
Han
Padme

Honestly couln't think of many people for that last one. I wanted to say Han because he can be entertaining in a lot of expanded universe stories, but I never really got a strong feel from from him.
Padme because despite the fact that her only good depiction is TCW (in Legends, at least), that depiction is really, really good. I actually enjoyed a lot of politics around the prequel era, and Padme was at the center of it, so that's something I guess.
Everyone loves Thrawn. A terrific exploration of motivations, and a respectably intelligent character.
There are so many others, but those are all off the top of my head.

As for Jedi, there's too many that I like. Although my top 2 are very easy: Anakin and Obi-Wan. I'm willing to say that the best time for Star Wars was the late 90's and early 00's, despite the Prequels. The Expanded Universe at the time got some of its best installments and it was the most active in that period. And because the Prequels were being made, Anakin and Obi-Wan got the attention of the best authors, so they're the most well-developed. And their basic outlines were personally created by George Lucas, who is brilliant when it comes to general ideas.
Qui-Gon, just because of how he connects to Anakin. If he'd lived, the story would have gone very, very differently. It's stupid how the entire Jedi Council is blind to the error of their ways, but at least we have a character who isn't.

As for Sith, I like almost all of them, but it's also pretty easy to pick my favorites.
Sidious, because he's the perfect embracement of narcisism and a power-hungry maniac.
Vader, because he's an intimidating presence. It's always good when you have a character that's fun to watch. He's great when he's doing the things he lives for; leading his people to expand the power of the empire.
I said Nihilus because he's the one with the most atmosphere around him. If I wanted to pick one character who perfectly embraced the eldritch dark side of the Force, I would pick either Palpatine or Nihilus. And that's what got him my 3rd place. Nice list and thank you for the detailed explanations!

Eli Vanto
Any others?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
In no particular order...

Jedi:
Kenobi
Vos
Yoda

Sith:
Vader
Dooku
Palpatine

Non Force users:
Thrawn
Tarkin
Vanto

*gasps*

No Luke?!

Galan007
I was going back and forth between Luke and Yoda.

I do love me some Luke, though. droolio

relentless1
tope 5 of all time (in order)

Sidious
Yoda
Obi Wan (MacGregor)
Dooku
Luke (ep 6)

carthage
Darth Vader
Obi Wan Kenobi
Darth Malgus
Darth Plagueis (Legends)
The Emperor

S_W_LeGenD
Following.

Revan - developed an understanding of the ways of the Force and politics beyond Jedi and/or Sith dogmas.

Darth Malgus - a role model Sith (powerful; brave; progressive-minded; a visionary). He attempted to save and reform a seemingly doomed post-Vitiate Sith Empire but his contemporaries were not as wise and betrayed him.

Vaylin - tremendously gifted in the ways of the Force, overcame Valkorion's manipulations, but had a tragic life and end.

HK-47 - "Interjection: Silence Meatbags."

S_W_LeGenD
And;

The Son - exotic abilities, had ambitions, and sought freedom from the realm of Mortis but was taken down by his family and Anakin Skywalker. The Son could alter the course of events in the Galaxy at large if he had a shot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.