What level is needed to block blaster bolts without a saber??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Rey's scene in ROS made me wonder....

What level does a force user need to be at in order to block blaster bolts with the force alone?

Who all has done this?

StiltmanFTW
Do you have the animated gif of that on hand, maybe?

Galan? I bet you do, lol.

Deflection:

Kenobi, if we count the original Clone Wars cartoon (which is "Legends" now, so we shouldn't).

Kyle Katarn and Jaden Korr (games, Legends again)

Vader vs. Han in TESB (and perhaps in R1, too? Need to rewatch.)

Freezing a blaster bolt:

Kylo

Zenwolf
As far as Canon goes?....I guess Master level? Seeing as the only people we see that can do it have been Master Force Users, a bit I'm only recalling Sidious and Vader right now. But then I guess Rey isn't Master level yet soo..maybe it's something that can be done, but it's just more practical to use a lightsaber and or dodge??

juggernaut74
Didn't Vader do this in Rogue One?

StiltmanFTW
+ tesb

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/ejk0wyK.jpg

Zentrex
Well, there's no one standard for "how powerful." It's how well you can use tutaminis. In legends, a no name knight named Bultar Swan managed to do it. It's just like any other ability, honestly. Since most characters we meet are overpowered prodigies in the force, it's hard to assess just how an average jedi fairs against these kinds of things.
Although in Canon, we do have the example of Cal Kestis, who is about average and I'm sure that if he can slow down blaster bolts, he can use tutaminis to absorb them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.