Krillin vs. Cell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
Krillin from DBS

1st fight- Perfect Cell
2nd fight - Super Perfect Cell

Jmanghan
Honestly?

Probably either way Round 1, Round 2 goes to Cell, for damn sure.

Galan007
Depends how much stock you put into Krillin's sparring session with Goku just before the ToP.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
Depends how much stock you put into Krillin's sparring session with Goku just before the ToP.

Yeah... beamstruggle with SSJGSSJ was an insane feat, even though Krillin lost.

Galan007
Yeah, Krillin actually managed to push back SSB Goku's Kamehameha at one point. Even though Goku was obviously holding back, that's still... F*cking ridiculous, tbh.

Krillin also did ridiculously well against base Goku just before that -- and obviously a very strong argument can be made that base Goku >>> SPC. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
I remember him having a decent showing against Mystic Gohan, too... even though he "just" outskilled him and relied on a technicality to win.

Galan007
thumb up

Krillin is criminally underrated. The guy has been the strongest human(by a longshot) ever since Namek.

Mendax
and then he got eliminated first in the TOP. stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
We don't have to like it, but based on his performance against Goku and Gohan, he really should destroy Cell in mere moments.

If memory serves, Gohan sparred with SSB Goku around the same time and ended up looking good.

That's so far beyond anything we've seen in the Buu Saga, let alone Cell Saga.

Inedian
SSB Goku could blast kamehameha at any power level he wanted. He can be SSB and put a blast at base level. He just wanted to show Krillin what he is in for at ToP and to put some pressure on Krillin. Cell wins both rounds.

StiltmanFTW
Sure, but then you have Krillin fighting against Base and SSJ Goku, who were still Saiyan-Beyond-God level at the time, as it wasn't retconned.

And sure, Goku absolutely *can* control his power level.

But the entire point of such scenes was to give characters not named Vegeta or Goku a ridiculous power upgrade, allowing them to catch up *somewhat*.

I'm sure you don't need other examples. Android 17. Kamesennin. Fit Buu. Or even Future Trunks with his bullshit "full strength SSJ2" and "super blue rage fury" vs. Zamasu.

DBS started already wanking Goku and Vegeta. That much was to be expected and - frankly - I didn't mind, as it went nice along with the DBZ filler.

But giving them a huge god upgrades on top of that was too much. And expecting other characters to still be relevant somehow, even in the slightest... ridiculous idea.

Galan007
I think people are forgetting how ridiculously OP god-level power is.

When Beerus first appeared in BoG, he owned post-Boo saga SS3 Goku with a casual tap... And Beerus wasn't even using 10% of his power there(even against RBSS2 Vegeta, who was ~/> SS3 Goku.)

Krillin fought Goku just before the ToP. IOW, after the powerup and zenkai he received in BoG. After he had been training with Whis to evolve his God power following BoG. After he trained in the RoSaT for 3 days/years just before the U6vs.U7 arc. After the zenkai he received during said arc. After the zenkai he received during the Zamasu arc. Etc.

So even if SSB Goku was only using an infinitesimal micro-fraction of his power against Krillin, the fact that Krillin could not only match his beam, but actually push it back for a moment, is something you won't convince me Cell would be capable of.

Same with Krillin being able to contend with base Goku just beforehand. This is the same base Goku who was fighting Fit Boo(and Fit Boo > Fat Boo) on equalish footing in the very next episode. Again, I don't see Cell doing that... The gap in power between the Cell arc and the ToP is many, many, many orders of magnitude.

Mendax
Sure but HOW could Krillin have possibly improved enough to beat Perfect Cell and SPc? That seems fully unattainable for a human character?

StiltmanFTW
Half of the shit in DBS doesn't make any sense, to be fair.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mendax
That seems fully unattainable Welcome to DBS scaling.

Henry_Pym
Honestly if 18 is even anywhere near 17 and Shorty K is even in sniffing distance of 18 he womps Cell easily.

17 broke the power scaling of the series completely.

Inedian
Originally posted by Mendax
Sure but HOW could Krillin have possibly improved enough to beat Perfect Cell and SPc? That seems fully unattainable for a human character?

thumb up

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sure, but then you have Krillin fighting against Base and SSJ Goku, who were still Saiyan-Beyond-God level at the time, as it wasn't retconned.

And sure, Goku absolutely *can* control his power level.

But the entire point of such scenes was to give characters not named Vegeta or Goku a ridiculous power upgrade, allowing them to catch up *somewhat*.

I'm sure you don't need other examples. Android 17. Kamesennin. Fit Buu. Or even Future Trunks with his bullshit "full strength SSJ2" and "super blue rage fury" vs. Zamasu.

DBS started already wanking Goku and Vegeta. That much was to be expected and - frankly - I didn't mind, as it went nice along with the DBZ filler.

But giving them a huge god upgrades on top of that was too much. And expecting other characters to still be relevant somehow, even in the slightest... ridiculous idea.

Exactly. And did Krillin even train after Cell saga? Didn't he abandon training alltogether up until ToP?

And i understand what Galan is saying.

I just think Krillin doesn't beat such beings as Cell, no matter what, DBS bullshit doesn't change that, at least not for humans (Krillin didn't do anything after Cell saga to improve that much, thus me saying DBS bullshit). Cell in DBS after one minute would already be SSB Evolution level.

Galan007
Originally posted by Inedian
Exactly. And did Krillin even train after Cell saga? Krillin was still stated to be the strongest earthling during the Boo saga, which puts him above Tien, who was able to briefly hold back Semi-Perfect Cell in the previous arc, and also deflect a blast from Bootenks.

Aside from his fight with Freeza's henchman and whatnot, Krillin trained with Goku in DBS to surpass his limits. He was also shown sparring with #18 before the ToP... And by DBS scaling, that alone would have boosted him tremendously.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, it seems to be really easy to "level up" in DBS...

I mean, Krillin is not some exception to the rule, far from it.

Again, we don't have to like it. Any of it. But it is what it is.

Originally posted by Inedian
Cell in DBS after one minute would already be SSB Evolution level.

Probably, lol.

Galan007
thumb up

Roshi was given just as much illogical scaling in DBS.

Jmanghan
I'm glad Krillin got that power-up tbh. My favorite character.

Although why did they make him even shorter.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Yes.

He was already implied to be more powerful than Yamcha and Chiaotzu at the start of RoF... and he only got better (much better) after that.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I'm glad Krillin got that power-up tbh. My favorite character.

Although why did they make him even shorter.

Not sure about him being shorter, BUT he did seem to lose a lot of his muscle mass.

StiltmanFTW
@Galan, cont.

thumb up

Even worse, considering how he officially, willingly retired from fighting and was "scoutered" at just 139 PL.

Him training in secret, unlocking incredible power and NEVER giving his friends a hand doesn't make any sense.

BrolyBlack
Cell wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.