Jobbing vs. Character portrayal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShadowFyre
So it's pretty much set in stone that in regular vs. we use the characters abilities as the same way they use them in the comics. But we aren't supposed to let them "job" in a forum fight?

Thor doesn't immediately God blast everyone and Superman doesn't go around snapping necks at super speed.

But isn't that the same as jobbing?

If me and Stilt got in a fight and he has super strength, speed, yada yada yada but doesn't use any of it due to morals (yeah ****in right you heathen) isn't that the same as jobbing?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Thor doesn't immediately God blast everyone and Superman doesn't go around snapping necks at super speed.

Same as Spider-Man doesn't spam web capable of stopping tsunami and Wolverine doesn't magically ninja-vanish and reappear before his opponent's back.

We've got plenty of rules (cis, cip) trying to make sense out of it, but then we also have the full capacity rule, which kinda complicates this stuff.

DarkSaint85
Nah, not quite Shadow....morals are still on, which isn't jobbing but us actually knowing the characters rather than just going off respect threads.

Superman/Flash, for example, can start the fight by rushing up to their opponents and biting their faces off with their teeth. Perfectly within their powersets.

But it's definitely not their character to do so.

lft4ded
Despite the fact that everyone knows faces are sooo delish!

Philosophía
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
So it's pretty much set in stone that in regular vs. we use the characters abilities as the same way they use them in the comics. But we aren't supposed to let them "job" in a forum fight?

But isn't that the same as jobbing?

If me and Stilt got in a fight and he has super strength, speed, yada yada yada but doesn't use any of it due to morals (yeah ****in right you heathen) isn't that the same as jobbing? Superman not dodging infinitely slower attacks for no discernible reason other than being a masochist and Thor not using his range with weather manipulation and Mjolnir would qualify as jobbing .

Superman not erasing people out of existence instantly, Thor not going a mile high in the sky and godblasting everybody, doesn't qualify as jobbing.

Once the distinction between these two is understood, it's easier to analyse fights and how character personalities play into it.

carver9
I look at the majority of comic showings vs character portrayal. Example, Kitty Pride would 100% use her intangibility immediately during combat but Gladiator would dance around Kalibak without taking a couple of punches. I do not ignore comics. Cap will hit Spiderman, Juggernaut would punch Captain Marvel and I'm basing this primarily off of what have been shown in comics.

carthage
Thor loses every round

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.