Oldest droids?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
I was just rewatching TCW when the younglings were acquiring their kyber crystals and building their first sabers, and the instructor droid said that he was over 1,000 years old, so it got me thinking.

What droids have been around the longest? canon or legends is fine.

Zenwolf
The Rakata Droids come to mind, also the Guardian Corps

Eli Vanto
How old were they?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
How old were they?

Yes....

But really, if you mean how old they were as of the Clone Wars?....

...20k years old?

Eli Vanto
Oh wow. That's way older then I expected.

does canon have any droids that old?

Zentrex
Let's see..

In Legends, the "Gods" of Zakuul were, what, thousands of years old at least?
The Abominor and Selentium, not sure if they count as droids, about as old as the Yuuzhan Vong.
There should be lots that are a few hundred years old, but none come to mind.

In Canon, the "Aphra" comics had a bunch of old stuff, because she's an archeologist. I'm just gonna name the easy one: 0-0-0: he's well over a hundred, maybe two hundred, I think.
The "Sentinels" in Fortress Corvax from Vader Immortal have to be at least a few hundred years old, for whatever they're worth.

Zenwolf

does canon have any droids that old?

I unno, don't follow the new stuff much.

Galan007

does canon have any droids that old? Oldest one I'm familiar with is Huyang, who, as you said in the OP, was over 1,000.

Zentrex
I suspected C-3PO would be kind of old, considering he was still in 45 ABY (in the Crucible novel), but his earliest appearance, when Anakin found him, was in 32 BBY, with the implication being that he was older than even that.

Wookieepedia linked an article from StarWars.com called "How old is C-3PO, really?" which is now a defunct link, and it claims that he was made 80 years before Anakin found him in 112 BBY on Affa.

But I found the old Los Angeles Times newspaper strips from 1980, and although they are S-Canon, there's a line in which C-3PO says "You're the very best friend I've had, in all the centuries since they assembled me!" to R2.

So, he could qualify, maybe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.