Slade v Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
no morals . Standard weapons apply.
random encounter

h2h only

https://i.postimg.cc/rDtVGGkw/maxresdefault.jpg

Putinbot1
Iron Fist imo

StiltmanFTW
Slade is only good at beating kids.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Slade is only good at beating kids. ****ing kids

cdtm
Isn't Dick like 30 by now? laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Isn't Dick like 30 by now? laughing out loud

Which is precisely why Slade is molesting Damian now instead of him.

cdtm
laughing out loud

Anyways, Iron Fist is essentially Nitro crossed with Elektra.

I know his sword absorbs energy to a point, but can it protect him from a nuke?

He needs the Ikon suit to really do anything.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Slade can use Ikon suit

Stoic
Too late Alberto.

DarkSaint85
How is it too late?

Do you not know forum rules?

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How is it too late?

Do you not know forum rules?

There is a limit. The rules prohibit changing the rules in threads that are in active debate, or have gone on for pages.

As this one is in active debate. Ikon suit changes this thread about as much as giving Batman the Insider Suit against Captain America.

StiltmanFTW
Slade needs to wait for Danny to have a kid or two... then he can harass them.

cdtm
Slade needs to wait for Danny to have a kid or two... then he can harass them.

Well, there's the school girl.

AlbertoJohnAvil
would is it actually be spite if Slade uses the Ikon suit? If Danny impact is reflected back on him then.....

DarkSaint85
There is a limit. The rules prohibit changing the rules in threads that are in active debate, or have gone on for pages.

As this one is in active debate. Ikon suit changes this thread about as much as giving Batman the Insider Suit against Captain America.

The limit is not defined. Nor does it state active debate. I am well aware of the rules, and nowhere is Alberto's amendment "too late".

We haven't even gone onto the 2nd page.... Alberto can even get a mod to adjust the OP.

cdtm
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
would is it actually be spite if Slade uses the Ikon suit? If Danny impact is reflected back on him then.....

Ikon stood up to Superman punch's.

He broke it in a crossover under another writer, but still took more then one punch.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Wait is it really too late lol?

Oh i didn't know

DarkSaint85
It's not. Stoic was just annoyed because it meant he couldn't have Iron Fist winning.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Ikon stood up to Superman punch's.

He broke it in a crossover under another writer, but still took more then one punch.

ah

I mean if a rocket launcher did this
Wouldn't a much bigger explosion do worse?
This standard rocket launcher thru him back hard and ripped a little of the suit

https://i.postimg.cc/CRHn7P8Y/ria.jpg

The bigger the surface explosion the weaker the suit as per the creator of the suit:
https://i.postimg.cc/0M6NTczz/bigg.jpg

So what would happen with an h bomb type of explosion?
https://i.postimg.cc/dkMM0BWk/ahs.jpg

Here's another suit made to absorb/disperse kinetic energy.
It was no use to his chi.
https://i.postimg.cc/tYr44KFs/chy.jpg

AlbertoJohnAvil
It's not. Stoic was just annoyed because it meant he couldn't have Iron Fist winning.

LOL. thanks big grin evil face

cdtm

cdtm
Besides, Batman beat the Suit in two ways already. One is by draining it off.

Iron Fist can drain it.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Besides, Batman beat the Suit in two ways already. One is by draining it off.

Iron Fist can drain it.

I don't remember that. got a scan?

DarkSaint85
The rocket ripped the bandolier on him, not the suit.

As per the creator, it's virtually impenetrable at the size of a human fist.

If Iron Fist needs a chance, he's going to have to do a massive AoE blast, not like in that black and white scan. And that presupposes his sword doesn't just absorb the energy.

And with Panther, that's a completely different scenario.

DarkSaint85

Please quote the time limit set.

cdtm
Please quote the time limit set.

Irrelevant.

That part specifically says to contact a mod to change it.

AlbertoJohnAvil
didn't it take bruce alot of prep time to do that?
How would danny know how to drain it

cdtm
And actually, the Suit lets slade interact with his environmental area, so just walking up to him and choking him out should work.

No kinetic force to repel.

cdtm
didn't it take bruce alot of prep time to do that?
How would danny know how to drain it

We don't know how long it took, but he had to prep yes.

DarkSaint85
Irrelevant.

That part specifically says to contact a mod to change it.

Well no not irrelevant. There's no time limit set, so you cannot say it's too late.

The thread hadn't advanced, unless you count Stilt and other's posts about him ****ing kids lol. And if you DO count that as 'advancing', well.....

So yeah. If you think it's "too late", prove it.

DarkSaint85
And actually, the Suit lets slade interact with his environmental area, so just walking up to him and choking him out should work.

Actually, just Slade moving is enough to charge it.

AlbertoJohnAvil

You think that'll take danny out lmao?

cdtm
Well no not irrelevant. There's no time limit set, so you cannot say it's too late.

The thread hadn't advanced, unless you count Stilt and other's posts about him ****ing kids lol. And if you DO count that as 'advancing', well.....

So yeah. If you think it's "too late", prove it.

It's pretty cut and dry:

It's not based on length. That only determines if a mod edits it or not.

But users can't willy nilly announce changes.

DarkSaint85
Cool. So Alberto can PM a mod to edit it, as it hadn't gone past 2-3 pages at the time he specified the Ikon suit smile

So if it's NOT based on length (as you say), how can it be "too late", which implies a time length?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Do I pm galan or PR?

StiltmanFTW
ALL OF THEM

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Well, there's the school girl.

Adopted, sidekick or what?

Tell me more.

cdtm
Cool. So Alberto can PM a mod to edit it, as it hadn't gone past 2-3 pages at the time he specified the Ikon suit smile

So if it's NOT based on length (as you say), how can it be "too late", which implies a time length?

And until then, Iron Fist wins. smile

The stip changes are so significant, they just may refuse to edit and declare he makes a new thread with the Suit.

Or not, that's up to them.

cdtm
Adopted, sidekick or what?

Tell me more.

You know the kid from Living Weapon and Immortal Iron Fists?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Draining should be out since it took Bats with prep time to do so.

cdtm
Draining should be out since it took Bats with prep time to do so.

Because he needs tech to do it.

While Danny can drain a nuke,,or tap a rail car, or absorb sorcery on the fly.

DarkSaint85
And until then, Iron Fist wins. smile

The stip changes are so significant, they just may refuse to edit and declare he makes a new thread with the Suit.

Or not, that's up to them.

Aren't you arguing that he can beat the Ikon suit too? So how is it significant?

And besides, he made the change on page 1, after most of the posts - yours included - contributed nothing and advanced nothing to the debate.

To then fall back on 'oh, Dem rulez' is pretty shitty of you lol, especially when the rules say nothing of the sort, ESPECIALLY when you then tried to act like the rules supported you lol.

cdtm
Aren't you arguing that he can beat the Ikon suit too? So how is it significant?

And besides, he made the change on page 1, after most of the posts - yours included - contributed nothing and advanced nothing to the debate.

To then fall back on 'oh, Dem rulez' is pretty shitty of you lol, especially when the rules say nothing of the sort, ESPECIALLY when you then tried to act like the rules supported you lol.

You were the one arguing from the rules, I was just playing by, shall we say, "your rules".

But in practice, they're pretty good about giving leeway here.

Really though, how is this any different then me making a bunch of Superman vs Hulk/Thanos/whoever threads, then six posts in saying "Ima giving Supes the Thought Robot now, lol"?

AlbertoJohnAvil
though tbh I forgot to specify what armor Slade was using

cdtm
though tbh I forgot to specify what armor Slade was using

That's fair.

Ikon is a pretty big deal to forget though. It bumps him up an entire tier, at least.

Fun fact, Darksaint once posted how the suits shields protected him from a magical dimension that was toxic for living beings.

Iron Fist has a similar feat of being in a void that should instantly kill any living creature, and was standing there like he was walking in the park.

Not really battle worthy, just a neat comparison.

AlbertoJohnAvil
That's insane

StiltmanFTW
You know the kid from Living Weapon and Immortal Iron Fists?

Sorry, no. Need to read up on it.

But as long as she's a teenager or younger, Slade will be very interested in "fighting" her, yes laughing out loud

cdtm
Sorry, no. Need to read up on it.

But as long as she's a teenager or younger, Slade will be very interested in "fighting" her, yes laughing out loud

I wouldn't recommend reading Living Weapon. The writer is one of those SJW Canadian types, he actually talked about "privileged" in an interview.

Immortal Iron Fists is a different animal though. Same writer, but he goes into completely campy, with 1980's Breakfast Club type drama, Danny Rand at PTA meetings between chasing after absurd dragon-demons and collecting scrolls, riding on the back of a "Mother Dragon" colored pink..

It's great stuff.

DarkSaint85
You were the one arguing from the rules, I was just playing by, shall we say, "your rules".

But in practice, they're pretty good about giving leeway here.

Really though, how is this any different then me making a bunch of Superman vs Hulk/Thanos/whoever threads, then six posts in saying "Ima giving Supes the Thought Robot now, lol"?

Based on Stoic's assertion that he was too late. So with such a firm assertion, I would have thought he had something as clear cut as the rules to back him up.

You jumping in and white knighting him means that you presumably had something too. But it just seemed to be a big puff of nothingness.

Really though, you're not the OP, and he clarified what he wanted in this thread. You can make those threads if you so wish, we do live in a democracy.

DarkSaint85
Anyway:

Note, also, that the Promethium sword can absorb magical energy:

https://s33.postimg.cc/exzkbt563/RCO015.jpg

IOW, Damian here is slashing at DS with a magical sword:
https://s33.postimg.cc/ujgvvrwjv/RCO020.jpg

Note how he is able to block Damian with his arm. The destabilising effects that Wintergreen (the AI) is referring to is Nightshade's control.

DarkSaint85
And:

The Ikon shield blocks metaphysical effects.

https://s33.postimg.cc/pwatu5edn/RCO019.jpg

cdtm
Based on Stoic's assertion that he was too late. So with such a firm assertion, I would have thought he had something as clear cut as the rules to back him up.

You jumping in and white knighting him means that you presumably had something too. But it just seemed to be a big puff of nothingness.

Really though, you're not the OP, and he clarified what he wanted in this thread. You can make those threads if you so wish, we do live in a democracy.

Who says I'm white knighting?

I'm only saying he was technically correct. He was too late to change the stips himself.

But not too late to get a mod to do it for him. It's a subtle difference, but an important one.

Because we can still say Iron Fist wins, as it stands. smile

cdtm
And:

That may have been what I was referencing.

Lord Rand can do that without a fancy suit. Or even powering up the Iron Fist.

It was a Defenders comic. I think the same one that he knocked Doctor Strange on his butt, via sucker punch, if you've seen those scans.

DarkSaint85
Who says I'm white knighting?

I'm only saying he was technically correct. He was too late to change the stips himself.

But not too late to get a mod to do it for him. It's a subtle difference, but an important one.

Because we can still say Iron Fist wins, as it stands. smile
So "technically"

So YOU were the one bringing rules in? smile

AlbertoJohnAvil
That may have been what I was referencing.

Lord Rand can do that without a fancy suit. Or even powering up the Iron Fist.

It was a Defenders comic. I think the same one that he knocked Doctor Strange on his butt, via sucker punch, if you've seen those scans.

How would the fist get around the Ikon suit is what i'm wondering lol. depends if danny can strike as hard as a holding back supes

AlbertoJohnAvil
And:

The Ikon Suit Shields Weakness Is WIDE SPREAD ATTACKS(Throws/Slams)..The Wider the Attack The Weaker the Shield...The Smaller the Attack(Fist,Bullets) The Stronger the Shield, Intelligent Fighters would understand that, and Its Debatable How Many Blows Of the IF the Shield can Withstand Since Supes Punches WERE causing Some Damage and We Cant assume he was using Full strength at all lol

DarkSaint85
The Ikon Suit Shields Weakness Is WIDE SPREAD ATTACKS(Throws/Slams)..The Wider the Attack The Weaker the Shield...The Smaller the Attack(Fist,Bullets) The Stronger the Shield, Intelligent Fighters would understand that, and Its Debatable How Many Blows Of the IF the Shield can Withstand Since Supes Punches WERE causing Some Damage and We Cant assume he was using Full strength at all lol

Intelligent fighters would?

That's Danny out then lol.

cdtm
Just want to repeat: Superman DID break the shield. Didn't even take a lot of effort.

Not under priest though. I'm almost loath to count it, but fair is fair.

cdtm
Intelligent fighters would?

That's Danny out then lol.

You wouldn't think it from the guy who said at a business signing to close a deal, "Wait a minute, aren't they from China? They're commies, or facists or something, no deal!"

But he can actually be pretty clever in a fight. smile

DarkSaint85
He can be.
He can also be dumb in a fight.

cdtm
And Slade can't?

"Oh here's a good idea, let's start something with Batman, instead of just telling him I was fixed." stick out tongue

In terms of battle tactics, Danny was smart enough to realize he isn't beating Whirlwind in a fight, tracked him down ninja style, and beat him up in his hotel room with his armor off.

He can most definitely be an idiot at time, but much less so when it comes to fighting (Which lets be honest, is all he's good at.

You should read John Ostranders run on Heroes for Hire, I think you'd get a chuckle out of Danny's career as a "leader". Captain America, he was not.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.