Detective Pikachu (2019) or Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
What live action movie based on a video game was the better one, How would you rate these adaptations?.

riv6672
Better?
Detective Pikachu.

How do I rate them?
Detective Pikachu, good

Sonic The Hedgehog, Surprisingly good.

Drake12321
I liked both, but still I liked Pikachu more

Kazenji
I've only seen Sonic, So that takes my pick.

Eon Blue
Neither

NotAllThatEvil
I think detective pikachu has an unfair advantage. The world and lore lends itself to being able to tell different kinds of stories then what the main games give and simple enough for a non fan of the games to pick up relatively easily. Sonic HAS to do sonic. Both were ok movies, but I enjoyed detective pikachu more

Raptor22
Haven't seen sonic but the wife and i really enjoyed the pikachu movie.

We both used 2 watch the original series before school when we were kids and it was a great bit of nostalgic fun 2 try 2 remember all of the Pokemons names throughout the movie.

Putinbot1
Sonic was very good. I turned off Pikachu bored.

BruceSkywalker
haven't even either one, but will

playa1258
Pikachu for me but I liked both.

Darthvaderrocks
Would you guys reccomend them?

BruceSkywalker
which one should i watch first

SquallX
Both were surprisingly okay movies.

I did lose interest when I realize both movies refused to follow the lore that was already there.

I wanted to see Ash and friends fighting team rockets. I wanted to see Sonic and friends fighting Eggman.

Kazenji
Originally posted by SquallX

I wanted to see Ash and friends fighting team rockets. I wanted to see Sonic and friends fighting Eggman.

Not like Sonic's friends were there in the first Sonic game to begin with....

anyway probably get it for the sequel for Sonic after what is shown at the end of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.