Is Freedom from Religion a front for discrimination?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=667699

Posted this in Conspiracy Theory.

Thoughts?

Bashar Teg
'freedom of religion' minus freedom from religion equals religious tyranny

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
'freedom of religion' minus freedom from religion equals religious tyranny thumb up /thread

cdtm
I'll just repost my theory here:

The thing is, a Christian can't push his religion, but they're the majority anyways. Not being able to thumb bibles in schools doesn't hurt them any.

But Islam? Or Mormon's, Jews, or any other minority? Them. It silences.

No chance of converting someone away from Christianity, if no one can push their agenda. This only squash's competition.

Of course, the take away here is Freedom from Religion is backed by Christians in secret.

They prohably founded the whole thing, and got an Atheist to front it.

Bashar Teg
your theory seems to presume that religion-based protest is banned. theres a difference between forcing majority-religion icons into public spaces, and forbidding people from a particular religion the right to protest.

what "freedom from religion" truly means, at least to me, is that if the majority worships cthulu, and lord cthulu forbids the consumption of ice cream, I should still be free to buy ice cream....now I want ice cream

*edit* freedom from religion minus freedom of religion also equals tyranny, depending on how you choose to define freedom.

if you think it means "freedom from persecution for my religion", it does
if you think it means "freedom to refuse to provide you medication because I'm a pharmacist who just converted to scientology", it doesn't

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by cdtm
I'll just repost my theory here:

The thing is, a Christian can't push his religion, but they're the majority anyways. Not being able to thumb bibles in schools doesn't hurt them any.

But Islam? Or Mormon's, Jews, or any other minority? Them. It silences.

No chance of converting someone away from Christianity, if no one can push their agenda. This only squash's competition.

Of course, the take away here is Freedom from Religion is backed by Christians in secret.

They prohably founded the whole thing, and got an Atheist to front it.

No, it doesn't hurt them not being able to "bible-thump" in school but the force-fed teaching of darwinian evolution bullshit weakens many Christians' faith. That shit shouldn't be being taught in tax-funded schools either since it's not really actual science. It's a tax-funded religion. People who wanna teach it should start their own private school to do it.

It's not right that tax-payers are being forced to pay for that nonsense being taught to their children.

*waits for this post to trigger many atheists and even some so-called "Christians" who buy into the lie (which is easily provable) that that crap is "science"*

gold slorg
xD

Eon Blue
I just wanna be free to be the Satanist/Wiccan/Hindu/Christian I am.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
No, it doesn't hurt them not being able to "bible-thump" in school but the force-fed teaching of darwinian evolution bullshit weakens many Christians' faith. That shit shouldn't be being taught in tax-funded schools either since it's not really actual science. It's a tax-funded religion. People who wanna teach it should start their own private school to do it.

It's not right that tax-payers are being forced to pay for that nonsense being taught to their children.

*waits for this post to trigger many atheists and even some so-called "Christians" who buy into the lie (which is easily provable) that that crap is "science"*

dur

eThneoLgrRnae
^"Duh... Hur derp."

Aww, so sorry I hurt your fee fees by insulting your BS religion, bashy.

Bashar Teg
^"Duh... Hur derp."

dur

Blakemore
^"Duh... Hur derp."

Aww, so sorry I hurt your fee fees by insulting your BS religion, bashy. dur

Stringer
^"Duh... Hur derp."

dur

Flyattractor
If only we (here in the U.S that is) had the Same Protections against Oppressive Politics as we do from Religion.

The Horrible Leftist Fascists of this Nation are far worse then those of the Religious Right the Fear and Mock.

Far Far Worse.

Old Man Whirly!
^"Duh... Hur derp."

Aww, so sorry I hurt your fee fees by insulting your BS religion, bashy. dur

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Flyattractor
If only we (here in the U.S that is) had the Same Protections against Oppressive Politics as we do from Religion.

The Horrible Leftist Fascists of this Nation are far worse then those of the Religious Right the Fear and Mock.

Far Far Worse.

dur

Old Man Whirly!

Far Far Worse. All change accounts, but still dur

Blakemore

Far Far Worse. dur

eThneoLgrRnae

Far Far Worse.

True dat, Fly. thumb up

Bashar Teg
lol @ starfly cheerleading himself dur

Old Man Whirly!
lol @ starfly cheerleading himself dur it never gets old!Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
True dat, Fly. thumb up dur

Surtur
lol @ starfly cheerleading himself dur

^Has had e-pals who have done the same thing lol

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Surtur
^Has had e-pals who have done the same thing lol ethneo and Fly will always have you Surt. You are a good friend on you hill.

Bashar Teg

you got anything to contribute to the topic, Ronnie Peebottles?

Blakemore
True dat, Fly. thumb up dur

eThneoLgrRnae

Surtur, you don't actually believe their retarded argument that myself and Fly are the same person do you?

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Blakemore
dur

wacko "Hur derp."

Old Man Whirly!
Surtur, you don't actually believe their retarded argument that myself and Fly are the same person do you? ... dur

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
... dur

"Duuuh... her derp." wacko

Old Man Whirly!
"Duuuh... her derp." wacko Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
... dur

Blakemore
wacko "Hur derp." Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
... dur

Bashar Teg
I guess we can't discuss anything here without being derailed by starfly's autistic screeching

Flyattractor
I guess we can't discuss anything here without being derailed by starfly's autistic screeching

That is funny... remind me who started the INSULTS in ths thread again...

Oh Yeah.. It was...

dur

Old Man Whirly!

Oh Yeah.. It was... dur

Flyattractor
Did Pooty just admit to being a Bash Sock?

Eon Blue
Fly and Star are the same person. This is known.

dadudemon
On topic:

I noticed a backlash against the "Freedom from Religion" movement that really took off in the 90s and hit an apex in the 2000s.

Now, it is starting to become discrimination and inappropriate to silence someone about their religion. Sure, they can't preach at work, but identity politics has swung so far in different ways that now it is not okay to come down on someone in the workplace, depending on the place, for having religious beliefs. It is even celebrated and people are encouraged to give special sermons to talk about it.

Muslim: "I am a Muslim and we believe in second chances. Repentance is central to my faith."

Angry Atheist Karen: "How dare you talk about your religion at work! Reporting you to HR!"

HR: "Yo, this is not okay to report this. You're in the wrong. You need to be more accepting of other people's beliefs, backgrounds, and ethnicities. Everyone is different. Don't try to silence someone's religious beliefs again, like this."

Angry Atheist Karen: "B-but, but, but!"

HR: "Shut it."

This is a good move. Perhaps we are moving towards accepting of all things not harmful. That's the best place. We had to go through a shitty politically correct time period to get to the good part. I hope this trend really really takes off. I personally enjoy it when my coworkers give their religious testimony, or even irreligious testimony, in the work place. Tell me their experiences, their faith. I love learning about this stuff. Spirituality is awesome. I resonate more with atheists, though because of my disdain of evil and corruption using religion. But that's...like...a thing Mormons do because that's the entire point of our religion.

Surtur
Speaking of religion and stuff I have noticed it is more acceptable (from a progressive point of view) to take a big ol' steamy dump on Christianity while staying mum on Islam.

Can someone explain? Thanks!

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Fly and Star are the same person. This is known. thumb up it seems likely.Originally posted by Flyattractor
Did Pooty just admit to being a Bash Sock? dur and perhaps LOB also.

Bashar Teg

i'd bet moderately on it, but i'd also be prepared for a loss

LoB and Fly, on the other hand: easy money, all-in

Old Man Whirly!
i'd bet moderately on it, but i'd also be prepared for a loss

LoB and Fly, on the other hand: easy money, all-in thumb up laughing out loud

eThneoLgrRnae

Oh Yeah.. It was...

You're not supposed to point out bashy's extremely short memory, Fly. You know how it upsets him.

eThneoLgrRnae

Nah, dumbass, it's not. Only jackasses like you think that nonsense,. thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
You're not supposed to point out bashy's extremely short memory, Fly. You know how it upsets him. dur

eThneoLgrRnae
thumb up it seems likely. dur and perhaps LOB also.

"Hur derp." messed

It seems likely you, bashy, and eon have shit for brains. thumb up

Surtur
Hoo yeah, gambling!

eThneoLgrRnae
dur

"Hur derp." messed

Old Man Whirly!
"Hur derp." messed Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
dur

Bashar Teg
starfly is sputtering out. low energy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.