Mortal Kombat 2021

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KingAdzJ
I am pretty excited for this reboot coming January 15, 2021.
Produced by James Wan. Anyone excited for this? It sounds like it is going a
To be a pretty kick ass movie with fatalities from the game.

Surtur
Both the other movies were awful.

TheVaultDweller
Well, Wan has a talent for good visuals (at least IMO), which could actually work really well with the MK franchise, considering the style of the games. The listed director seems new to the scene though.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Surtur
Both the other movies were awful.
What? The first one was a smash success. Never got the whole lumping it with the 2nd one which failed utterly.

The animated movie just came out recently too, and the last clip shorts I saw make the overall film feel better than I originally thought of it. Everyone got their just due.

BruceSkywalker
i hope he uses real good martial arts stuntmen. i also hope the plot is good and not stupid

Kazenji
Why are there two threads for this upcoming movie now?

Ridley_Prime
To be fair, there was already a thread for it before you had made one, so now that makes three, but whose keeping score?

riv6672
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
...but whose keeping score?
MORTAL KOMBAT threads - 3

GODZILLA VS KING KONG threads - 4

Kazenji
Be great if the search function actually worked, Oh wait it does't all the time.

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
Be great if the search function actually worked, Oh wait it does't all the time.

Search Function - 1

Posters using it - 0

SquallX
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i hope he uses real good martial arts stuntmen. i also hope the plot is good and not stupid

I believe the reason the first one was so good, was because the actor that played Kang was the choreographer of the fights, and he is an actual martial artist.

dynamix
first one was great!

StiltmanFTW
What? The first one was a smash success. Never got the whole lumping it with the 2nd one which failed utterly.

Agreed 100%.

Surtur is just retarded.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, the first one was a campy, fun film. And it helps that I have some nostalgia associated with it. Remember seeing it at the theater as a kid.

I just hope any new reboot is R-rated.

Surtur
Meh I just didn't like either movie. I will agree the first movie was far superior to the second.

Ridley_Prime
https://twitter.com/MKMovie/status/1350141868940529664

Nice screenshots, but the fact we're less than three months away and still no trailer is quite concerning. Something tells me it would've been this poorly marketed even if covid didn't exist.

riv6672
That pic of Jax ... huh

... looks like Steve Harvey ... confused

Jmanghan
I like both movies, but IMO the second is just okay.

The recent animated movie was ****ing awesome and I'd be so happy to see them make one with Liu Kang as the main character instead of Scorpion.

Darth Thor
F***ing loved the first one. Dont care how campy it was.

Did not know there was an animated movie. Is it related to the films?

Ridley_Prime
No, is its own thing, but pretty good and worth checking out.

Aside from this film being three months away as pointed out, was reminded that Godzilla vs King Kong is just two months away and still no trailer for it either. This is how WB does "marketing" now I guess, assuming just everyone will jump on HBO Max. ermm These couple films would be worth using the free trial for at best.

Darth Thor
^ I guess they will be out on time though because of the HBO Mac thing.

Otherwise most big films are getting delayed again. Probably wont get anything big in the big screen until Summer.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Thor
F***ing loved the first one. Dont care how campy it was.

The first one was perfect.

Annihilation was a crime against humanity sad

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Did not know there was an animated movie. Is it related to the films?

Scorpion's Revenge came out last year. Haven't seen it yet.

But no, afaik, it's closer to games/comics (y'know, actual canon) than to old films.

--

https://twitter.com/MKMovie/status/1350141868940529664

Nice screenshots, but the fact we're less than three months away and still no trailer is quite concerning. Something tells me it would've been this poorly marketed even if covid didn't exist.

You might be on to something.

And those screenshots are already getting lots of hate, sadly.

I will wait for the final product, of course. Can't possibly be worse than MK:A.

riv6672

Kazenji
I was reading for the 1995 movie they originally wanted it to be R-rated, But then New Line Cinema stepped in and wanted to lower the rating so kids could see it.

Ridley_Prime
Many fans were kids at the time (myself included), so made sense.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Annihilation was a crime against humanity sad

I mostly try to block the second one out of my memory.

ShadowFyre
I was reading for the 1995 movie they originally wanted it to be R-rated, But then New Line Cinema stepped in and wanted to lower the rating so kids could see it.

MK was only so many years old by then and hated by most adults lol

Kazenji
I can understand maybe some of the older gamers at the time being disappointed at it not being R-rated and lack of fatalities.

Ridley_Prime
lack of fatalities.
Sub-Zero shattered a guard to pieces when he showed off his ice powers, Scorpion took off his mask and attempted the toasty fatality on Cage which was done well, Shang Tsung did his soul stealing left and right (starting the whole "your soul is mine" phrase)... The final fight even ended with the spike pit stage fatality from the first game.

You can have more different kinds of fatalities with an R rating, but the fight choreography is definitely more important for a film at the end of the day, which the first movie excelled in. A spine rip or something doesn't mean shit if the fight scene is bad.

Also curious how the rest of the costumes and set pieces in this will compare to the first film. The pieces that were made for like netherrealm/hell (where Scorpion fought Cage) and Outworld were wonderfully made at the time.

Darth Thor
Yeah that first one banked money. Would have blatantly flopped if it were R rated.

Ridley_Prime
https://movieweb.com/mortal-kombat-reboot-synopsis-cole-young/

Forgot about it till I was reminded again, but am still put off by this Cole OC character in this film. He feels so unnecessary when MK has an insane amount of characters they could use and portray instead. The plot synopsis with him reeks of fanfiction as well but it comes with the territory when they go down this path as opposed to sticking with what exists in the source material.

Since he's the main character here too, wouldn't be surprised if he were a gary stu OC like Resident Evil's Alice.

I don't know, but just off of this, can already say that the first film feels more faithful despite the creative differences it had in who fought who.

riv6672

Forgot about it till I was reminded again, but am still put off by this Cole OC character in this film. He feels so unnecessary when MK has an insane amount of characters they could use and portray instead. The plot synopsis with him reeks of fanfiction as well but it comes with the territory when they go down this path as opposed to sticking with what exists in the source material.

Since he's the main character here too, wouldn't be surprised if he were a gary stu OC like Resident Evil's Alice.

I don't know, but just off of this, can already say that the first film feels more faithful despite the creative differences it had in who fought who.
Ew/ooh...

...not liking that either, for all the reasons you said.

Nemesis X
What a lazy plot. And Didn't Taven and his brother Daegon in the Armageddon game have a dragon mark? Why Cole & Jax be having it? I was already theorizing Cole was Taven with amnesia or something that would've saved the movie but reading Jax has it too throws that out the window.

-Pr-

...Ugh.

StiltmanFTW
I heard about that Cole character, too.

I'm still hoping it's not as bad as it sounds.

riv6672

ShadowFyre
If Scorpion or Goro loses to ****ing lame ass Luke Cage again I'm gonna be so ****ing pissed

riv6672
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
If Scorpion or Goro loses to ****ing lame ass Luke Cage again I'm gonna be so ****ing pissed

https://24.media.tumblr.com/0f552e6a3088e32fe1278ea72b7219f8/tumblr_mok26njvIA1rtpc8io6_250.gif

Darth Thor

Whaaaa? Those were like the 2 best fights.

ShadowFyre
just noticed I put Luke Cage😅😅

Yeah but it's ****ing Johny Cage. Goro and Scorpion should ****ing murder his ass

Kazenji
just noticed I put Luke Cage😅😅

Yeah but it's ****ing Johny Cage. Goro and Scorpion should ****ing murder his ass

What's your problem with Johnny Cage?

StiltmanFTW

Sounds like you and me both need to watch Scorpion's Revenge.

Word is he anally rapes everyone in that film. Pure fan service.

Ridley_Prime
Fun fact, Cage vs Scorpion in hell and Liu Kang vs Reptile happened in the first film because of reshoots. Before the film was out, they screened it to a test audience, who said there weren't enough fights, and so we got two of the best fights in the movie added as a result.

Scorpion vs Cage was originally just gonna have Cage knock out Scorpion with that shadow kick in the forest after Scorpion lost his "spear", which would've been anticlimactic.

Scorpion's Revenge was alright as its own thing for another alternate take on MK1, and the other characters surprisingly still had their moments too, but could've been more. Something tells me I'll still prefer it to this reboot though. I'll try to enjoy MK 2021 for what it is, but is "At least it's not Annihilation" really much of a leg to stand on at this point?

BruceSkywalker
Sounds like you and me both need to watch Scorpion's Revenge.

Word is he anally rapes everyone in that film. Pure fan service.

yea you should scorpion's revenge was freaking awesome

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672
That pic of Jax ... huh

... looks like Steve Harvey ... confused

https://tinyurl.com/y3w78w6c

StiltmanFTW
Fun fact, Cage vs Scorpion in hell and Liu Kang vs Reptile happened in the first film because of reshoots. Before the film was out, they screened it to a test audience, who said there weren't enough fights, and so we got two of the best fights in the movie added as a result.

Wow, didn't know that. Thanks for sharing that info thumb up

There is still hope.

I mean, we should at least wait for the first trailer before we assume the worst.

riv6672
https://tinyurl.com/y3w78w6c
They could be twins!
https://i.ibb.co/FnRMVr9/73086-DF2-7-C25-4464-862-B-143-E6-B615443.jpg

Patient_Leech
laughing out loud

Lmao

Estacado
The New trailer is phuckin dope!!!

-Pr-
NYH2sLid0Zc

Newjak
Yes

jaden_2.0
Looks terrible.

Robtard
Originally posted by -Pr-
NYH2sLid0Zc

The good: Looks better than the previously films which were all dirty ass

The bad: Still looks like dirty ass

The other good: I get to watch it for free on HBOMax

Also of note, Jessica McNamee is sexy/hot.

ShadowFyre
This looks good. Sub zero and Scorpion look amazing. Yall are just a bunch of dirtbags

BruceSkywalker
looks pretty good.. as a martial artist i hope so some great action

Ridley_Prime
Eh, I'm just going to go out on a limb and say the original 1995 film will be remembered more in the long run, despite the gore that has fanboys frothing at the mouth. Mostly looking forward to the action sequences and hoping it doesn't follow the Hollywood style of jump cutting every second like some Liam Neeson movie.

Will this film's soundtrack even be anything noteworthy? See it having a remix of the MK theme played during like one part if it's lucky.

xPRIMEx
Looks ok. Will definitely watch

-Pr-
Anyone who doesn't think the first movie is a classic can GTFO.

As far as this is concerned, I just hope Cole Young isn't the Alice of Mortal Kombat. Make him turn out to be Johnny Cage of Kuai Liang or something.

KingD19
I like how they used the same Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat youtine series from a few years ago.

Khazra Reborn

ares834
Haha. Looks like brainless fun. Way better than I expected.

ares834
Wait. Where's my boy Johnny Cage?

Ridley_Prime
Just being kept hidden like Superman was during the leadup to JL I hope. He has always been the comic relief and personality of the series, would be odd to leave him out.

Kazenji
I like what i see so far from that trailer

The actor?...it's not actually.

Ridley_Prime
https://i.imgur.com/KT9veSp.png

https://i.imgur.com/QpD13JA.png

Virgin CG vs Chad puppet. Kinda looks like the 2008 Hulk but edited. lol ... And I guess they took from the Reptile in Deadly Alliance, his worst design. Everyone liked the human ninja form better though.

Can't wait to see what other comparisons to make. The Mileena they got looks bad too, just as far as her effects.

Kazenji
I actually like the new Goro design.....The original was okay for it's time.

Ridley_Prime
CG Goro is kind of a double edged sword. On one hand we could get better fight scenes from CG compared to the animatronic counterpart. On the other hand, it's CG and since it's WB, based off of what we've seen from DCEU movies thus far, the CG Goro could look like dogshit in action outside of what we've seen so far.

Estacado
Nothing wrong with Goro there.

Og version face looks like he is mentally retarded....never really liked it...

Ridley_Prime
Is the same head model that was used for Goro in the original game. No one said any such things about it back then. erm

Looking again, just noticed Mileena here was missing her signature teeth... Oof.

Nemesis X
If it wasn't for the sai, I wouldn't have guessed that chick in the trailer was Mileena. Just what is that stupid outfit? She looks more Reptile than Reptile. How did that happen?

riv6672

Kazenji
Originally posted by Estacado

Also when you look at the animatronic body his body isn't quite like how it is in the game

this CG one does more so.

Ridley_Prime
Animatronic Goro was basically MK1 Goro but taller. The CG one is meant to more resemble MKX Goro with the added clothing which is fine, but practical effects will always be > CGI at the end of the day.

Nemesis X
CG Goro: There's more to Shokan than people think. Shokan are like onions! They have layers, we have layers.

ShadowFyre

Thank you. That goro from the first movie was shit. People have lost their damn minds if they think he looked better.

Ridley_Prime
1995 Goro looked like Goro, and the ad hominem is duly noted. thumb up The CG one still looks better than the animated Goro from Scorpion's Revenge at least. That felt more like a Ninja Turtles design than something MK.

The Reptile is the worst though, and since no one commented on it, I guess everyone agrees he's actually shit. Just realized he's like a scuffed B-movie Godzilla. laughing out loud

https://i.imgur.com/vomJozY.jpg

Estacado
thumb up

Og reptile looked pretty good tho..

https://gameranx.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Mk11-Easteregg2.jpg

So did Goro...

https://fastly.syfy.com/sites/syfy/files/2018/04/483.jpg

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
NYH2sLid0Zc

https://tinyurl.com/11nxrygr

Kazenji
but practical effects will always be > CGI at the end of the day.

Of course on practical effects, CG can still be just as good depends how much effort they put into it

Ridley_Prime

Kazenji
Nitara is suppose to be in the movie, Even has her listed on the IMDB cast

apparently Cole is Johnny Cage if you believe those rumors, Since actors like to change their names.

Estacado
How dare those phuckers forgot to include Chun li???

https://jezebel.com/who-forgot-to-invite-chun-li-to-the-mortal-kombat-1846300631

ShadowFyre
Please don't make johny cage the star again. I hate johny cage. And here is why. Hes an actor. That's it. No real reason except actors shouldn't beat superninjas and 4 armed humanoids in fist fights.

Estacado
Johnny did whoop Shinnok As well....

-Pr-
Please don't make johny cage the star again. I hate johny cage. And here is why. Hes an actor. That's it. No real reason except actors shouldn't beat superninjas and 4 armed humanoids in fist fights.

That's either brilliant satire or ignorance about Johnny Cage's heritage. Man might not be Liu Kang, but he's one of Earth's top tier fighters in MK.

StiltmanFTW
^ Yeah.

I always felt he was Ken to Liu's Ryu.

ShadowFyre
That's either brilliant satire or ignorance about Johnny Cage's heritage. Man might not be Liu Kang, but he's one of Earth's top tier fighters in MK.

More Scorpion and Goro are my favorite and Johny Cage can go to hell.

So is Cole Johny? I dont really care that much but Scorpion and Sub Zero need to be its own final fight.

I am hoping for a two or 3 way final fight.

2 ninjas fighting

Liu Kang/Raiden/Cole or whoever the hero is vs. SHANG Tsung

I wanted to say Goro but we already know Jax gets him

StiltmanFTW

Bruce Lee was an actor, too.

And he would sodomize you despite your marine training haw-som

riv6672
Marine training. Ha! laughing

Patient_Leech
It kind of makes me want to watch the old one again.

I hope it doesn't suck. It certainly looks as if it'll have the proper violence and Sonya looks like she might be pretty hot, so that's good. I remember I had a crush on her in the old one.

riv6672

-Pr-
More Scorpion and Goro are my favorite and Johny Cage can go to hell.

So is Cole Johny? I dont really care that much but Scorpion and Sub Zero need to be its own final fight.

I am hoping for a two or 3 way final fight.

2 ninjas fighting

Liu Kang/Raiden/Cole or whoever the hero is vs. SHANG Tsung

I wanted to say Goro but we already know Jax gets him

Honestly? I get that Scorpion is the poster boy for the series, and he needs some focus in this movie (and he looks like he's getting it), but I'm 10x more interested in seeing what happens with Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, Sub Zero and Mileena.

Estacado
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
It kind of makes me want to watch the old one again.

I hope it doesn't suck. It certainly looks as if it'll have the proper violence and Sonya looks like she might be pretty hot, so that's good. I remember I had a crush on her in the old one.

New Sonya is not only hot af but She looks like tough military chick unlike og one..

https://assets-prd.ignimgs.com/2021/02/17/jessica-mcnamee-is-sonya-blade-1613582284028.png

Ridley_Prime
lmao, the petty Cage hate. Sorry he kicked your favorite characters' asses once upon a time.

Ya know I forgot until someone pointed it out, but the MK Legacy web series which I largely didn't care for, actually did a better job with Mileena far as the teeth and making her look more feral, and that had a much smaller budget than this film... Also have to agree with people after seeing the trailer again that Scorpion's get over here line sounded awful coming from the guy playing him. I get that you can't have Ed Boon do the voice line every time, but here it just sounded off.

ShadowFyre
Jesus Christ yall take things to seriously. I am mainly just joking and talking shit. Far from petty.

If I was petty I would pull a full on American Politician Propaganda push with poorly edited pics of Cage smoking crack or calling Army vets losers (lookin at you Riv)

I wonder how close to the original storyline they will follow?

BruceSkywalker
i just want a good story, great/awesome martial arts action and ton of blood and gore

Kazenji
When Scorpion says "Get over here" in this movie, Can't see why they can't get Ed Boon again to do that line rather then get the actor to do it.

ShadowFyre
Yeah, I wasnt feeling the "get over here". That blood Kinai was cool tho

ShadowFyre
Anyone with cashapp wanna make a $5 or $10 bet on who wins between Scorpion and Subzero? Or even other characters (maybe after next trailer shows more)

Estacado
Well Sub-Zero kinda looks evil so I bet Hanzo will win...

On the other hand both Bi Han and Kuai Liang lose to Scorpion on avarage As much As I hate it...haermm

Ridley_Prime
I know Bi-Han was always a ruthless sob, but he was only really a generic bad guy when he became Noob Saibot. They only ever give him brief moments as Sub-Zero nowadays though, because gotta keep having him die against Scorpion since they keep reshowing the events of MK1 with MK9 and later adaptations. Shame, as I always found him more interesting as Sub-Zero than Kuai Liang, who once saved the world pre-MK1 in the Sub-Zero spinoff game.

Speaking of Noob Saibot, the guy whose credited for playing Sub-Zero also appears to be credited for playing Noob? Briefly saw a shadowy ninja figure in part of the trailer that looked like him too... I just hope the Scorpion and Sub-Zero fight is more drawn out than it was in Scorpion's Revenge. Bi-Han only had like five minutes in that whole movie. Save Quan Chi for like a sequel in the live action reboot universe, so that the Scorpion and Sub-Zero rivalry doesn't get watered down yet again.

I really don't have that much expectations here, but we'll see what happens.

ShadowFyre
I have a feeling this is going to end up as either pretty damn good or shit at least story wise.

The trailer has already sold me hands down on the action. Thats how my jazz looked watching sub zero freeze that bullet lol

-Pr-
I know Bi-Han was always a ruthless sob, but he was only really a generic bad guy when he became Noob Saibot. They only ever give him brief moments as Sub-Zero nowadays though, because gotta keep having him die against Scorpion since they keep reshowing the events of MK1 with MK9 and later adaptations. Shame, as I always found him more interesting as Sub-Zero than Kuai Liang, who once saved the world pre-MK1 in the Sub-Zero spinoff game.

Speaking of Noob Saibot, the guy whose credited for playing Sub-Zero also appears to be credited for playing Noob? Briefly saw a shadowy ninja figure in part of the trailer that looked like him too... I just hope the Scorpion and Sub-Zero fight is more drawn out than it was in Scorpion's Revenge. Bi-Han only had like five minutes in that whole movie. Save Quan Chi for like a sequel in the live action reboot universe, so that the Scorpion and Sub-Zero rivalry doesn't get watered down yet again.

I really don't have that much expectations here, but we'll see what happens.

I agree about Bi-Han. All the way back in MK2 he was in my top 3 mains (with Cage and Liu Kang), so I've always had an interest in him. I don't want him to just be a generic psychopath.

ShadowFyre
How dare those phuckers forgot to include Chun li???

https://jezebel.com/who-forgot-to-invite-chun-li-to-the-mortal-kombat-1846300631

Is this satire? Lol.

ShadowFyre
Rewatching Revenge fight scenes. When Hanzo goes berserk on the Line Kuei🔥🔥🔥

BruceSkywalker
I have a feeling this is going to end up as either pretty damn good or shit at least story wise.

The trailer has already sold me hands down on the action. Thats how my jazz looked watching sub zero freeze that bullet lol

im more invested in the martial arts action and then the story but the trailer hinted at what the story will be

ShadowFyre
I havent kept up with the games that much as I dont own a gaming system but I have always enjoyed the Lore. I used to get the first Mortal Kombat comics when they came out.

Also, there was a old book that came out around the same time as the first MK movie except it had a completely different story line and adaptation of the characters which was neat. Not totally different but enough so that it felt like a different universe.

Kazenji
I havent kept up with the games that much as I dont own a gaming system but I have always enjoyed the Lore. I used to get the first Mortal Kombat comics when they came out.

They ended up rebooting the storying starting from the 9th game, After the events from Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

Estacado
At times the story in the games is pretty good...
The power creep however is retarded...Imo...

Ridley_Prime
Yeah.

Another detail I forgot or missed earlier, but kinda weird for Shang Tsung to be the Outworld emperor here, unless Shao Khan just does not exist in this new universe. I like Tsung more anyway, so whatever, and appreciate at least that the one playing him here looks like a younger Cary Tagawa.

Wish they had stuck to the white wig for live action Raiden. Could still have the hat but just looks off to me here. Wouldve stuck out more too when you have Kung Lao as another pointy hat wearer.

ShadowFyre
there was a shao kahn statue i think

Ridley_Prime
Ah, so there was a statue... which looks like it was based on the MK11 design, when he became Jobber Khan. I hope Shao himself has a different look in the flesh, because I cant take him seriously with that design.

-Pr-
According to the producer, Cole Young replaces Johnny Cage because they didn't want, and I quote:

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/mortal-kombat-2021-preview-todd-garner-on-cole-young-johnny-cage

Without taking in to account that Liu Kang has been the main hero in more games than any other character (not to mention two live-action movies), I just have to say... wow. Hollywood racism strikes again.

Ridley_Prime
I made a joke about that earlier but now to see it actually be the reason. Wow.

thumb down

KingD19
This is f*cking stupid. If you didn't want a "white guy" to save everyone, then make Liu Kang the lead like always, and have Johnny Cage along with Cole Young be the 2 odd men out who know nothing about MK Tournament or something. Cage could've been a washed up actor who actually had martial arts talent who ended up as a fighting coach or something.

There's no reason to drop a fan favorite like Johnny, especially when in the movies he wasn't the hero, and in the games when he was sort of the hero, it was already so much backstory they wouldn't even be able to make a movie of that version.

Hollywood needs to learn that people of color want equality, not superior treatment. We want our heroes to stand just as tall as white heroes. We want our stories to be told with as much passion and popularity. We want to exist alongside, not above or below. What we don't want is for them to be replaced for being white because news flash, that's just as bad as us not having roles in the first place because we're black.

F*CK that ruined my night.

Ridley_Prime
https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/mortal-kombat-movie-johnny-cage/

Seeing other links posted on the subject today like this, they're really considering him for a sequel at least, so that's something I guess.

We should really take all this current news with a grain of salt, though given current Hollywood, I can believe some of the shit said being the reason for his current omission.

KingD19
He still pointed out how he didn't want the cookie cutter white guy/Johnny Cage to be the protagonist. Just make it Liu Kang then like it always is. Even in the MK9 and onward reboot, Johnny isn't the "hero". He's one of many moving parts necessary for victory. He just has special god fighting powers but that's not even relevant here. There's nothing wrong with Cole Young or Johnny Cage being the fresh face who is a deuteragonist and learns about Mortal Kombat as the movie goes on and the Earthworld vets teach him how things are done. Especially since guys like Kung Lao and Liu Kang are clearly already Shaolin masters, Sony and Jax know about that life, etc...

-Pr-
Originally posted by KingD19
He still pointed out how he didn't want the cookie cutter white guy/Johnny Cage to be the protagonist.

My question is: Who the **** thought Johnny Cage was the main protagonist in the first place?

KingD19
My question is: Who the **** thought Johnny Cage was the main protagonist in the first place?

He played MK9-MK11 and saw the green glowy powers. In his mind having a gimmick among all the other gimmicks(because it's related to the story) makes you the MC.

Kazenji
N7XvA9gOCxQ

ares834
Awful. They absolutely butchered the song. They even cut out the best part!

EAwWPadFsOA

Best part is at 40 seconds in.

Kazenji
I feel like Techno Syndrome did it better for the recent game.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah...

Regarding the last page topic, I later saw twitter comments and such between Todd Garner and Johnny Cage fans on why he wasn't in the film. Still don't like how he needlessly made it about race, to take away from the "white savior" narrative even though Cage has always usually played second fiddle to Liu Kang. Obviously just Hollywood virtue signaling, but still annoying to see. Plus you still got Sonya and Kano.

Garner also basically said Cage and Kano's personalities would overlap, but that's just a bad writing excuse.

He at least said he has plans for Cage in a sequel, but you should make sure the first film is good as it can be for people in case it doesn't do well enough, and if Cage "wouldn't fit" in this film as he argues, don't see why he would suddenly fit in a sequel.

Estacado
Lot of glimpeses of fights are on youtube and they look phuckin great!!!!

Most of the fights have fatalities in them and characters use their powers a lot...

Kazenji
Been also reading Rain was gonna make an appearance in the movie's early stages of development.

Nemesis X
6WtW_2SJSes

lol

Estacado
So here are some spoilers...

Cole fights Goro his powers from what it seems is that he can cover his body with a type of metal/golden armor he can also create arm blades from it. Jax fights Reiko. Liu kang and Kung Lao fight Sub-Zero. Mileena has the og whole face teeth.

Kazenji
^ The Metal / Gold armor you can see on Cole with alot of the pictures.

Estacado
Yup.

But its more like a power Than just an armor he puts on/wears.

Also there is another remix of the OG Sound track which is more similar but the screaming voice is kinda demonic and raging...

Estacado

Blakemore
Could be awesome ☺️

I want noob to face scorpion.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Blakemore

I want noob to face scorpion.

Most likely saving that for the sequel.

Blakemore
It was should happen 🤣

TheVaultDweller
Not sure if anyone has seen this yet:

Qz6VJN_mgp8

Joe Taslim is awesome. He's plays probably my favourite character on Warrior as well.

Estacado
So it seems like:

Cole is Hanzo's son, Johnny will be in the sequel and the whole movie takes place before the tournament.

ShadowFyre
A solidly caucasian man is a Japanese man's son. Now thats woke af

Estacado
Another funny thing is how:

the chosen ones just magically get their powers even though it is never explained in the games how Liu Kang can shoot flames or the freezing powers of Sub Zero. Here the power just awakens in them kinda like it does in Xmen.

ares834

He's clearly part Asian.

Robtard
The actor's name is Lewis Singwah Tan, he's half Chinese.

BruceSkywalker

your racist bias is showing here.. lewis tan is half chinese

learn things before you posts

anyways looking forward to watching this next friday or saturday in a movie theater

-Pr-
Is the other half Japanese? Because if not that's not much better.

Ridley_Prime
Regardless of who or where he's from, Cole Young's a pointless character that should've been someone from the games.

Glad to hear what's been said about Joe Taslim though! Makes me that much more anticipative of his Sub-Zero.

SquallX
Minus Cole, is there any other new characters?

BruceSkywalker

lewis tan was born in England.. He is a british chinese person. His father is of chinese descent and his mother is british...

ShadowFyre
And he doesn't look Chinese at all. Did you really just call me a ****ing racist over that? I dont think I've ever had a problem with you before but thats about the most underhanded, douchebaggiest, far out there accusation one could make from a goddamn joke dude.

I dont need to research anything to joke around but maybe you should research on how not to make baseless, wild accusations on things as deplorable as racism to people you know nothing about just because you happened to know that he was half Chinese. I seriously can't believe you took it like that and went there over my comment. What a shit statement to make .

TheVaultDweller
Nice to see Kabal in that clip as well, although he's probably not going to feature much or get fleshed out.

Estacado
Also Sub Zero is pretty much the "Main baddie" in the movie he appears a lot and is almost Always shown to be a badass...

SquallX

Robtard

He says he's "British and Chinese"

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>