Comcvine vs KMC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RadZoa
Which site is better? Better community etc

Adam Grimes
I should probably go over to comicvine and see what it is like.

StiltmanFTW
Any site without RadZoa is good.

Adam Grimes
Hate that guy. I should probably ban him this week.

RadZoa
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I should probably go over to comicvine and see what it is like. Its pretty dead tbh

AlbertoJohnAvil
Lol honestly I feel like kmc might be inactive asf once quarantine ends 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Lol honestly I feel like kmc might be inactive asf once quarantine ends 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Probably. All the other main sites rely on anime and manga/movies and TV, this is the most active pure comic debating site around now. And that's a dying sector.

AlbertoJohnAvil

StiltmanFTW

Why?

Nothing changed much.

Well, Style came back, but that's it.

AlbertoJohnAvil

StiltmanFTW
I certainly hope so.

But it won't happen, you posted 24/7 before quarantine and I think you're a mental asylum patient, anyway.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Haha well there always another me 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️😎

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I certainly hope so.

But it won't happen, you posted 24/7 before quarantine and I think you're a mental asylum patient, anyway.

Is everyone taken off the ignore list lol.

MrMind
we are superior in every way

Hate that guy. I should probably ban him this week.

dont do it, it's bad out there, cv is full of people with absolute zero comic knowledge.

Eon Blue

MrMind
https://i.imgur.com/ohLohOQ.gif

AlbertoJohnAvil
Comicvine has tons of great marvel debaters though like citizen babe, siren, brucerogers etc etc killemall too

MrMind
Killemall? you mean Mr Master?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=143605

who's Siren? you mean Saren, citizenbane is Saren

StiltmanFTW
Comicvine has tons of great marvel debaters though like citizen babe, siren, brucerogers etc etc killemall too

Killemall = mr master, lol.

Why you pretended to be acidskull?

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by RadZoa
Which site is better? Better community etc

Comic Vine is a pile o shit. Fight me irl

CatL18
They still think Rebirth Superman is weakling.

playa1258
KMC

Eon Blue

beatboks
Neither site is really better, and neither site has a weighted bias toward either publisher, not really.

ATM CV has a lot more younger members who have been brought to the site by the digital media (MCU, DCEU, CW Arrowverse, etc). They also have more anime fans. Because of this a LOT of the discussion on CV doesnt interest me much anymore (I struggle to find a thread I actually want to weigh in on)

There are a lot more users on CV that dont have much knowledge on the actual comics medium.

A lot of the better members of CV that I think would fit well here arent all that active anymore.

So currently I probably spend the most of my comic forum time on herochat, followed by here, then CBR, with CV coming up the rear. A few years ago comicbloc would have had the lions share followed by CV, Here, HC, and CBR. Honestly the main reason that's changed is I forgot my loggin and PW to comicbloc and cant remember what damn email I was using when I signed up

DarkSaint85
Herochat still exists?

beatboks
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Herochat still exists?

They crested a new HC. Due to massiv trolling it started out with only certain members invited to the new site.
Somehow I qualified for the invite, a lot didnt.
Theybe recently made it public again.

Ohh the other reason my active on comicbloc dropped (and why I forgot my damn login to begin with) was they dropped the JSA specific forum and a fewnothers I liked.

There used to be a dozen + of us JSA fanboys who would post often.

Diesldude
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Probably. All the other main sites rely on anime and manga/movies and TV, this is the most active pure comic debating site around now. And that's a dying sector. message boards are dying. People taking this to social media.

Adam Grimes
We should create a subreddit or something

cdtm
Clearly Vsbattles.

StiltmanFTW
We should create a subreddit or something

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

RadZoa
Look guys, I'm more smarter than any of you, and I say Comicvine is a bunch a of caca doo doo

playa1258
Comicvine is getting better but KMC still is better to me. CBR is still a massive joke and you get banned for arguing against the status quo.

Vsbattles and Naruto forums blow ass .

MrMind
Originally posted by beatboks
They crested a new HC. Due to massiv trolling it started out with only certain members invited to the new site.
Somehow I qualified for the invite, a lot didnt.
Theybe recently made it public again.

Ohh the other reason my active on comicbloc dropped (and why I forgot my damn login to begin with) was they dropped the JSA specific forum and a fewnothers I liked.

There used to be a dozen + of us JSA fanboys who would post often.

it sucks because herochat had some really good threads back in the day and now it's all gone, can't find them anymore

Insane Titan

beatboks
Yeah I got IP banned from there and have no idea why.
The wierd thing is the IP that got banned was that of my mobile network. So when I'm home in wifi (or at work) I can still login. So apparently I wasnt banned as a user 🤔

StiltmanFTW
Yeah I got IP banned from there and have no idea why.
The wierd thing is the IP that got banned was that of my mobile network. So when I'm home in wifi (or at work) I can still login. So apparently I wasnt banned as a user 🤔

It's been a known problem of theirs for years.

They banned IP ranges and never cleared their ban lists.

I was "banned" from cbr, too ----- even though I never had an account there.

CatL18
CV is obsessed with lowballing Cosmic Armor Superman everyday.
I don't understand why they hate CAS so much.

MrMind
comicvine has def become a marvel fans club at this point, it was fair and good at the very beginning, around 2009-2011, once mcu popularity took off the site has been saturated with marvel fans. there's no actual debate and discussion anymore. it's just fanboys yelling stuff like "xxx stomps" without capability to give any reason.

it was funny seeing abhi trying to reason with them by dropping 100 scans and presenting actual arguments. only to be handwaved away by people who lacks general comic book knowledge. it was so hopelessly funny that he eventually deactivated his account. and abhi is one of the most tenacious debators I've seen, he used to take on 5-6 people in a thread on kmc. but CV's collective ignorance ripped him a new one. imagine 20 albertos and 20 jbls in a thread cheerleading/circlejerking each other, without the darksaints of the world to keep them in check. no one can handle that.

for example the surfer's delusions on the site can't be break by any logic and reasoning. it's a place where pet characters supersede on panel evidences.
the marvel fans have formed little clique with the mods, and a lot of dc people who argue against them have been perma banned. like a lot... I know 4 people from my discord group that's been perma banned from heated arguments. they were not trolls but serious posters.
carver would love it there right now, the past year Hulk wankage is reaching unstoppable status.

kmc was very marvel leaning around 2012-early 2015, during the n52 era dc has little say in this forum.the last 4-5 years it has balanced out. it has always been relatively fair as far as presenting your case. if you make good posts you will get respect. it gets heated in some discussions but mods usually don't play favorite and most people here have knowledge absolutely dwarfs comicvine. it's not even in the same ballpark

if we go by comic knowledge here's how it's ranked

KMC
CBR, Herochat
Spacebattles

Vsbattles

Comicvine (currently of course)

playa1258
MMH is the only DC character CV seems to like.

StiltmanFTW
Manjobber gets no respect on the Internet, period.

deft
Comic Vine, because the Mr. Master's sock accounts doesn't banned.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

-Pr-
Originally posted by CatL18
CV is obsessed with lowballing Cosmic Armor Superman everyday.
I don't understand why they hate CAS so much.

It's because he's not Cosmic Armour Someone From Marvel.

Adam Grimes
KMC has Adam while cv doesn't. Not much discussion to be had after that.

Quick Freeze
Agreed

Supermex
I used 2 post hardcore here... Jus seems back then that peeps were jus posting lop sided fights jus 2 get a reaction..

Some wont post when a fight is even but jump on a lop sided toward there favored company.

I comeback and check in once in awhile.. See iv its changed for the better

xXI_wing_IXx
KMC is more organize and has a simpler layout.

ComicVine feels more aesthetically appealing.

Supermex
I do prefer KMC Thou

StiltmanFTW
Vine had two major advantages over KMC.

Characters' appearances lists (now that comicbookdb dot com is dead, it matters more than ever) and their built-in image hosting service.

MrMind

Characters' appearances lists (now that comicbookdb dot com is dead, it matters more than ever) and their built-in image hosting service.

yeah, posting image on comicvine is the easiest out of any sites, so easy to do, you don't ever have to worry about breaking the page

Quick Freeze

Holy shit those are literally the 2 things I use it for

beatboks

You know what, about 7 years ago a mod on their wiki page banned me from making wiki edits saying I had plagerised other wikis. Even after I linked and showed him that the wikis that were plagerised were heavily edited by a member of that site with the same username (beatboks with either a 1, 2, or 3 after it) and asked him how reproducing my own work on another site was plagarism.

Basically almost all the work onnthe MLJ characters on CV is my work, but its also my work on the mighty crusader site.

The one thing I hate is that "appearances" on many CV wikis includes issues that the character did little more than appear innthe background of a single panel in a group shot. Personally when ever I linked issues to a character, they actually had something to do with the plot

beatboks
Actually corrwct that, lools like most of my work onnthose pages has been edited out. Theres is very little about many of them from their MLJ days and only the latter imprints (which imho sucked balls). The only thing left on their of mine is the little bit about Lancelot Strong on the shield page.

StiltmanFTW
The one thing I hate is that "appearances" on many CV wikis includes issues that the character did little more than appear innthe background of a single panel in a group shot. Personally when ever I linked issues to a character, they actually had something to do with the plot

For us, battleboards nerds, everything counts.

Silver Samurai appears only for a single panel in Secret Wars II, yet it matters, as he gets owned by The Thing there.

Hardcore fans even make lists when characters just get mentioned in the book.

But I see what you're saying. Sucks how they treated you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.