Classic Dr. Fate ( Kent Nelson ) vs Cosmic Herald Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Who takes this and why?

MrMind
Classic Fate can kill Odin himself let alone Thor

beatboks
Originally posted by MrMind
Classic Fate can kill Odin himself let alone Thor

No he couldn't (kill Odin that is)
Classic Mordru would give Odin a good fight, classic Mordru can and has one shot classic Fate while Fate was amped (he had absorbed energy from both Alan Scot and Hal Jordan- during JLA/JSA/LoSH cross over). That was when Mordru was limited by being bound to earth by the combined might of all 30th Century mages.

OT what differentiates "cosmic" Thor from normal Thor?
Classic Fate should easily take normal thor since hes in the same weight class physically, has better durability, has TP, planer moving TK, energy manip, and has magic not far behind Classic Strange.

So if someone can give me feats to quantify how far above normal cosmic Thor is, than I can answer the thread more accurately

MrMind
I'm not talking about classic Odin, I'm talking about modern Odin (before depowered)

Modern Odin is nowhere near his classic self

Dr Fate has battled Corrigan spectre, thas time manipulation ability and inter dimensional feats, not to mention classic Kent has pre crisis Superman level physical stats

This new Thor only appeared in Donny Cates run this year, you can go check it out beatboks, it's only four or five issues

lawest9
I'm not talking about classic Odin, I'm talking about modern Odin (before depowered)

Dr Fate has battled Corrigan spectre, thas time manipulation ability and inter dimensional feats, not to mention classic Kent has pre crisis Superman level physical stats

This new Thor only appeared in Donny Cates run this year, you can go check it out beatboks, it's only four or five issues A little curious, I know that classic Fate ( Kent ) was the most powerful version of Fate, but what physical strength feats does he have that puts him on PC Supes level? again......strength alone?!

beatboks

This new Thor only appeared in Donny Cates run this year, you can go check it out beatboks, it's only four or five issues

Ok, wasnt aware Odin had been depowered.

Also I wouldn't say Classic Fate has "pre Crisis Supes" physicals. He's definitely a class 100, but bot multi planet moving like supes. He also isnt anywhere near light speed let alone MFTL like PC Supes. Classic Fate was Hypersonic at best (whithout magic transportation)

Physically he's classic Thor level not, PC supes.

MrMind
Originally posted by beatboks
Ok, wasnt aware Odin had been depowered.

Also I wouldn't say Classic Fate has "pre Crisis Supes" physicals. He's definitely a class 100, but bot multi planet moving like supes. He also isnt anywhere near light speed let alone MFTL like PC Supes. Classic Fate was Hypersonic at best (whithout magic transportation)

Physically he's classic Thor level not, PC supes.

I'm saying even before losing odinforce, modern Odin post year 2000, he's nowhere close to his classic galaxy destroying multiverse shaking self. He fleed from serpent, the same serpent who was killed by Thor.

beatboks
I'm saying even before losing odinforce, modern Odin post year 2000, he's nowhere close to his classic galaxy destroying multiverse shaking self. He fleed from serpent, the same serpent who was killed by Thor.

Like I said, wasnt aware, cant recall reading much with Odin on it post 95 (when I stopped reading comics for a while). The only issues I did pick up were thise ones where Thor and SS fought when Thor had been wounded by the world tree (?). He had a gaping whole in his chest anyway. About 4 issues around then and that's it.

MrMind
I mean I get there's ancient rules that prevent Odin to kill his brother but he still could've kick his ass like he did thousands of years ago, but he didnt, he was scared of him, even Mephisto said serpent could tear all father apart. So what gives?

Not to mention actual low showings like getting owned by Jane Thor....

He had some good showings here and there like battling Surtur from sun up to sun down for eternity at afterlife in JMS run, nothing too impressive

MrMind
This new Thor with odinforce and power cosmic

defeated bill in a competitive battle (no pc power in this instance)
Fired a blast that could destroy continents
Fought a one arm starving Galactus that's dying from covid 19, for a brief time
Get hurt by a falling rock
Looks like sailor moon

So far he has done nothing to suggest to even be in the same sentence as classic fate

Power cosmic seems like such drainable power
Its a joke people still think Odin force after Jurgen's king Thor has been the same as before, or even close to the realm of skyfather

Thor is one of the few characters that just live through reputation

lawest9
###############

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.