Terrible episodes of great shows.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
Just about every long-running or critically acclaimed show has at least one major stinker in its run. It's just inevitable that when you have so many episodes, some of them are gonna be duds. Sometimes, these episodes can be just as well-known as the great episodes.

I'll start with Code of Honor from TNG. Everything, from the racist undertones thanks to the baffling decision to make the actors playing a primitive alien race who lust after strong women black to the terrible fight scene makes me wonder how anybody involved thought this episode was a good idea.

riv6672
The finale of How I Met Your Mother.
It made really really dislike Ted, and ruined rewatching many (not all, and not a majority but still) of the old eps when i come across them.

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
The finale of How I Met Your Mother.
It made really really dislike Ted, and ruined rewatching many (not all, and not a majority but still) of the old eps when i come across them.

Well now it's not fair to heap all the dislike on Ted, Robin deserves at least half of it. I get that dignity probably goes out the door whenever one decides to date Barney, but she could have tried to pretend to have some.

riv6672

samhain
I remember Gillian Anderson wrote and directed at least one episode of The X-Files (Season 7) and it was boring as fook. Two episodes later was a Duchovny written and directed episode and it was hilarious, a real send up of the show.

Bashar Teg
_IMBUa7w9K4

riv6672
Originally posted by samhain
I remember Gillian Anderson wrote and directed at least one episode of The X-Files (Season 7) and it was boring as fook. Two episodes later was a Duchovny written and directed episode and it was hilarious, a real send up of the show.
Was Duchovny's the Mandela Effect one? That was frikkin' awesome!

cdtm
2003 Battlestar Galactica and most of Season 4.

The finale is also considered bad, but on that I disagree. I loved the ending.

Impediment

cdtm
Yeah, the final episode of Dexter's Lab was not good.

I'm sure that's what you meant. smile

samhain
Was Duchovny's the Mandela Effect one? That was frikkin' awesome!

It's the one where a screenwriter is following them around because he wants to make a movie about them, ironically I'm not sure I remember the Mandela Effect one.

samhain
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
_IMBUa7w9K4

Good god remember that baseball episode from the final season?

cdtm

I actually really enjoyed that one. stick out tongue

riv6672
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, the final episode of Dexter's Lab was not good.

I'm sure that's what you meant. smile
^^^Agree to disagree on that one.
I thought Dexter's Lab was solid throughout its entire run!

It's the one where a screenwriter is following them around because he wants to make a movie about them, ironically I'm not sure I remember the Mandela Effect one.
^^^The Mandela effect one was from those short seasons they had a couple of years back. It was hilarious!

The one you describe i dont recall though it reminded me of the one where they were on an ep. of COPS. That was a fun one!

jaden_2.0
All the Belfast episodes of Sons of Anarchy.

samhain
^^^Agree to disagree on that one.
I thought Dexter's Lab was solid throughout its entire run!

^^^The Mandela effect one was from those short seasons they had a couple of years back. It was hilarious!

The one you describe i dont recall though it reminded me of the one where they were on an ep. of COPS. That was a fun one!

Was it the one with the lizard man who becomes a human during the full moon or something like that? That was a pretty funny one.

The Cops one is awesome too, it's from the same season as the Duchovny one I was talking about (season 7).

riv6672

samhain
Ah yes, I remember it now. thumb up

samhain
Originally posted by cdtm
I actually really enjoyed that one. stick out tongue

You are fvcking dead to me!

Bashar Teg

'take me out to the holosuite' was bad, but I tend to be more forgiving toward fluff episodes with no pretense of seriousness.

cdtm

Avery Brooks was gold in it.

I thought. Goofy fun, instead of goofy bad.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
_IMBUa7w9K4

Nooooo!

riv6672
eek! laughing

Adam Grimes
Every episode in season 8 of Dexter.

TheVaultDweller

riv6672
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
This, 100%.

When I was watching this scene:

x4ZhSoXYYRI

All I could think of was this:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f1/24/fd/f124fd0c4e7ad95a083eda5cd6396537.jpg
LOL! That was great! eek!

Surtur
That episode of the x-files with the baseball playing alien in the 1940s who takes the form of a black guy. And then a rival alien who joins up with the local klan charter.

Lol.

riv6672

samhain
^Same here.

There are a small handful of episodes that are in no way whatsoever related to the paranormal, which I find weird. Like the one where the government agent is using money coated in a toxic compound, Mulder doesn't even suggest that the compound may have come from alien tech/biology ffs.

Surtur
I dislike most of the episodes of Supernatural that do not deal with anything paranormal. There are only a handful, but I don't like them. One was the benders. The other had some feral girl living in a house. You had the thinman episode with the ghostfacers. I did like the one with the mobsters though.

Oh and the bugs episode and the racist truck episode.

For Smallville there is the episode where Pete Ross gets stretchy powers(think Plastic Man) by chewing Kryptonite infused gum. And the episode where the girl controls glass. And unfortunately the "Absolute Justice" two parter where the JSA appears. There is a villain named "Icicle" and one scene zooms in on a single tear going down his cheek and freezing.

riv6672
^Same here.

There are a small handful of episodes that are in no way whatsoever related to the paranormal, which I find weird. Like the one where the government agent is using money coated in a toxic compound, Mulder doesn't even suggest that the compound may have come from alien tech/biology ffs.
Yeah of all the things he DIDNT have a whacked out theory for...! confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.