Greatest TV characters of the 21st Century poll. Please consider voting in this!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr Will Hatch
So my friend created a "Best TV character of the 21st century" poll a few days ago, asking me and a bunch of other people to nominate our favorite characters from a whole range of choices across the television landscape. After several rounds of cutting the list down to a manageable size, the final 128 are finally here! He asked me to try and spread this survey to as many different pairs of eyeballs as possible, and if you'd be so kind, please considering voting in this. It's broken up into four categories(Sitcom, Drama, Animation, and Reality). All you have to do in each match up is select which character you enjoy more. If you so choose, you can even leave a comment below each decision. Happy voting!

(Mods, if this type of content isn't allowed, my apologies)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOOiwbkT-0Iu_RycnQjJCestZQLyVoyZNhbmkuBkb6uHjHUg/viewform?fbzx=3757299358295311646

riv6672
I voted, but, i gotta say, for at least, a lot of those choices were really bleh.
Many were shows i never had much interest in, and certain shows were just way over represented.
And really, Tiger King's been on for like 2 minutes.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by riv6672
I voted, but, i gotta say, for at least, a lot of those choices were really bleh.
Many were shows i never had much interest in, and certain shows were just way over represented.
And really, Tiger King's been on for like 2 minutes.

Yeah, I can't say that I disagree. A lot of these characters weren't my first choice either, but I got outvoted.

riv6672
That sucks.

Dr Will Hatch
What characters would you have liked to see more of?

Originally, there were over a thousand before it got narrowed down, and a good deal of them were from Marvel and DC shows. Sadly, the selection committee didn't have a lot of geeks on it.

riv6672
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
What characters would you have liked to see more of?

Originally, there were over a thousand before it got narrowed down, and a good deal of them were from Marvel and DC shows. Sadly, the selection committee didn't have a lot of geeks on it.
TBH i'm not sure who i would've picked, or who was nominated and then nocked out of contention but, a few things that stood out were...

having what seemed to be everyone from Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia on there. I get its a good show, but the entire cast shouldn't still be in contention at this point imo.

you have multiple Simpsons characters in contention, when they were all created in the 20th century and shouldn't even be on the list, but no characters (that i can recall this morning) from Rick & Morty or more glaringly, Gravity Falls.

And the whole Tiger King thing. I know ppl are talking about it right now, and i can sorta see throwing it on the list when that list was at 1000 suggestions but we're talking the greatest characters of the last TWENTY YEARS. no way should something so flavor-of-the-month-ish be this far in the running.

...things like the above make me wonder just what kind of cock eyed criteria these ppl were using.

Trocity
Raymond Holt is on the list so I am okay with it.

riv6672
Originally posted by Trocity
Raymond Holt is on the list so I am okay with it.
Holt is DEFINITELY one of the best characters of the last several years, so yeah, I was glad to see him!

Impediment
Tony Soprano, then Walter White.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Impediment

I'm slowly elevating Dolores Abernathy up there with them too.

Old Man Whirly!
Walter white /thread.

riv6672

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Walter white /thread.

Jimmy McGill/Chuck McGill/Kim Wexler are all pretty damn close though. The quality of the writing on Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul are just on another level from any other shows.

samhain
Originally posted by Impediment

The Soprano's was created in the 90's, so he would be ineligible according to Riv's earlier post.

Tyrion Lannister though.

riv6672

Jmanghan
Why is the animation section filled with "Hey Arnold!" and "Avatar" characters?

Where's Danny Phantom, Jake Long, Samurai Jack???

Who the **** is "Daria"?

Edit: Remember Daria now, but not as vividly as anyyyyyy of the other characters.

riv6672

samhain

riv6672
Originally posted by samhain
Yeah, I didn't read the list but I could imagine. I guess the argument is that if a character exists going into the 21st century then they're eligible, I can see both sides TBH, but I'd opt for ruling out a character if they were created beforehand.
Yeah, 21st century means 21st century, regardless of them still going, imo.
Plus, TBH?
Those lists were so overall shitty i'm just not inclined to cut them any slack. stick out tongue

Old Man Whirly!
Dexter and Sheriff Hood were cool.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Dexter and Sheriff Hood were cool. Word.

Banshee could be cheesy but when it was good, it was REALLY good.

The feud between Hood and Chayton was legendary.

cdtm
I remember the kids talking up Kim Possible.

I could never get into that, I was always a Cartoob Cartoon dork. Powerpuffs, Dexters Lab, Billy and Mandy, Johnny Bravo (Which was average in general, but the Scooby Doo appearance has to rank among the greatests crossover since Scooby meets Adam West Batman and Robin.)

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
I remember the kids talking up Kim Possible.

I could never get into that, I was always a Cartoob Cartoon dork. Powerpuffs, Dexters Lab, Billy and Mandy, Johnny Bravo (Which was average in general, but the Scooby Doo appearance has to rank among the greatests crossover since Scooby meets Adam West Batman and Robin.) Dexter's Lab and Billy & Mandy were friggen awesome.

riv6672
I liked me some Kim Possible. Very clever, timely show for its era.

Johnny Bravo took a huge dip in quality after its first(?) season.
That Johnny Bravo/Scooby crossover was pretty awesome though.

cdtm
How can I forget this guy:

https://gamespot1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_medium/1578/15789737/3572678-zimdek.jpg

Practically a cultural milestone in animation. There was simply nothing else like it.

Dr Will Hatch
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfv-kZDfFgAzTRms8c4w8Bx4e_dl4HG80wmiPIOVy0_Ae5Lcw/viewform

Round 2 of voting has begun, guys. Now it's time to vote for the Top 64 characters.

The results of the first poll: https://medium.com/@AlwaysSunnyinVT/the-battle-of-the-century-b34198b5922e

Jmanghan
Can I just say... Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of the dumbest shows I've ever seen in my life, it's beyond being overrated, it's just awful, pure teenage drama cringe.

It reminds me of ****ing Degrassi only with supernatural elements.

-Pr-
It's brilliant. How dare you.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Can I just say... Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of the dumbest shows I've ever seen in my life, it's beyond being overrated, it's just awful, pure teenage drama cringe.

It reminds me of ****ing Degrassi only with supernatural elements.

How dare you?

cdtm
I honestly enjoyed what I saw.

Very much a product of its time, but had really good writing and characters.

riv6672
I never watched the Buffy TV show.

How dare I?!?

Dr Will Hatch
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/ 1FAIpQLSe5EzjJIo4YQLZyIOBOmLJoprWB5GgMr5j1r02MxBCL
zHcLVQ/viewform

Round 3 of voting has begun. Now you're voting for the Top 32 characters. We're almost finished with this, so if you would be kind enough to continue your participation and see this through to the end, it would be appreciated.

The results of the second poll: https://medium.com/@AlwaysSunnyinVT/the-battle-of-the-century-buffys-revenge-a558313de02c

samhain
I've said it before, the dialogue of Buffy has not stood the test of time, back then it was cool and fresh but it's cringeworthy if you go back and watch it now. Still love the show mind you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.