ROTJ Vader vs. ROTS Yoda (Canon)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xPRIMEx

Galan007
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Vader reached Yoda's level by the time of RotJ... Especially when nothing in canon indicates that he did anything but improve across the board after RotS.

CriticalShaft
I don't see it tbh.
Vader is 80% of Sidious and Yoda and Sidious were equals in ROTS
His lightsaber skill is no doubt excellent, but I don't think his suit offers enough agility to compete with an Ataru master like Yoda.

Total Warrior
yoda by feats should manhandle him, just a few years before that he was getting force pushed by ezra and kanan

Darthadi
Yoda in a great fight. Even if Vader is his equal in the force he would still lose as Yoda has a style advantage.

Darthadi
Originally posted by Total Warrior
yoda by feats should manhandle him, just a few years before that he was getting force pushed by ezra and kanan
You know that Vader was distracted and was just screwing around. In canon, anyone can be force pushed by anyone if not ready for the atack. Not to mention it happened in a Filoni show which are notorious for PIS (Dooku being captured by pirates, Anakin vs Clovis, Maul having problems with a dog, etc)

Inedian
Vader kills him.

Galan007
Originally posted by CriticalShaft
Vader is 80% of Sidious That's Legends, though.

Nothing in canon suggests that Vader's power was ever gimped after RotS.

CriticalShaft
Didn't George Lucas state that?

CriticalShaft
Originally posted by Inedian
Vader kills him.
Yeah no

Galan007
Originally posted by CriticalShaft
Didn't George Lucas state that? Indeed, but that was before Disney purchased the franchise. These days, GL's word is no longer irrefutable -- it's essentially Legends.

He intended for Vader to have been gimped after the events of RotS. That is no longer the case in canon, however.

Stringer

Galan007
I don't mind it in this case, tbh.

Vader's portrayal in canon is one of the few things that Disney has done well, imo.

Forschbewithu
This is one of my ultimate fantasy match-ups in canon. They are so close in sabers and to that you might as well call them even. I think it would come down to how their styles mesh.

If Yoda couldn't do anything to Dooku with the force, it will come down to their "skills with a lightsaber" as well between Vader and Yoda. Yoda being the lightening fast ataru user and Vader being powerful djem so user. The longer this fight goes, the greater the chance Vader has.

As of now, I'm inclined to give it to Yoda in a HARD fight that could go either way.

xPRIMEx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.